Obama administration requests emergency stay of don't ask don't tell... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

Obama administration requests emergency stay of don't ask don't tell...

I found this very interesting. I don't give the administration credit for much, but atleast they recognize the possible culture shock and back lash of allowing gays to openly serve in the military immediately.

Quote:
The Obama administration filed an emergency request Wednesday with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to stop the military from allowing openly gay troops from serving.

In court documents filed in San Francisco, California, the administration asked that the status quo prevail with the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

The administration is in favor of repealing the policy but argued that changing it abruptly "risks causing significant immediate harm to the military and its efforts to be prepared to implement an orderly repeal of the statute."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/20/dont.ask.dont.tell/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
BANNED

If elections were not in a couple of weeks..... I doubt they would have done anything.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
If elections were not in a couple of weeks..... I doubt they would have done anything.
Well yeah, that goes for most anything...but this struck me as an odd card. Especially on the same day that the military tells recruiters to allow openly gay recruits to enlist.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Actually they are just doing their jobs at the Justice Dept. Don't ask Don't tell is a federal law and it is the Justice Dept's job to fight for it in court.

Meanwhile, at the Pentagon, they are getting ready to let openly gay people join up.

Honestly, about time. I'm sick of this shit. There are already a lot of gays in the military. DADT is just burying our heads in the sand.

There is still a code of conduct that gay troops will have to follow.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
PAN

Publicity stunt.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

Honestly, about time. I'm sick of this shit. There are already a lot of gays in the military. DADT is just burying our heads in the sand.

There is still a code of conduct that gay troops will have to follow.
Have you ever served? I'm asking cause you have Sgt before you name.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
Have you ever served? I'm asking cause you have Sgt before you name.
Yup, eight years as a UH-1H and UH-60 Crewchief.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Factory Issue

Let 'em serve. If they know the hurdles they're in for, integration wise, and still want to serve this country, they're brave enough. The folks that think they would, "try something," on other troops are obviously not familiar with the UCMJ.

Give me a dollar.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Let 'em serve. If they know the hurdles they're in for, integration wise, and still want to serve this country, they're brave enough. The folks that think they would, "try something," on other troops are obviously not familiar with the UCMJ.

Ding ding ding ding.. we have a winner..

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Are you all fucking high? If you want to accept gays as equals go right ahead. Tell your kids its okay to have 2 daddy's. Thats your choice. Me, well I tell my kids its not natural. Not normal behavior. But in the Corps we are in the killing buisness and we need real men. Not flammers. We need people who hold american values. Who believe in God, thier country and the Corps. So let lets gays in huh? Here is the biggest and formost problem...I am not allowed to shower, share a bathroom, or sleep in the same room with females, but i can room with guys who are gay? Shower with gay guys? so are they going to get special rights? thier own bathrooms and bedrooms? Watch all the special rights they will have to have. watch all the lawsuits. As it is females get treated with kid gloves. Way different standards. But you think gays will just have to be the same! Bullshit! Fuck You very much! Dont force that shit on us. Let us decide what we want. I dont tell you you have to wear safety boots at your job, dont tell us we need to let dikes and homos in! Oh and if you havent worked with any...you can tell the ones that try and hide it. None of them, and I mean NONE are stellar performers and have some serious issues going on upstairs. And to the huey crew chief..you must have been regular ARMY..if you would have worked with Delta(like I have) you would def not be saying that bullshit.....

Its Gods job to judge the terrorist....its OUR job to arrange the meeting. Semper Fi/USMC
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
-Ronald Reagan
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

get on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
I found this very interesting. I don't give the administration credit for much, but atleast they recognize the possible culture shock and back lash of allowing gays to openly serve in the military immediately.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/20/dont.ask.dont.tell/
if you havent noticed obama has every person under him who doesnt agree fired. How many 4 start Generals have stepped down in the last 4-5 months? Uhhh, hello....that asshole Obama is pushing for gays in the military. The new upcoming Commandant (air winger)of the Marine Corps is rumured to only have been picked because he supports Obamas views. do you not see Obama is trying to get everyones vote? He def already had the gay population, but the military new law...well that would help his cause! Just like he is trying to get all the illegals legalized...in numbers right there he would have a huge advantage. Not to mention all the people who voted just because of color. Dude dont get me started. Hey why dont we get on our prayer carpets at the new mosque at ground zero and discuss how great this administration really is....

Its Gods job to judge the terrorist....its OUR job to arrange the meeting. Semper Fi/USMC
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
-Ronald Reagan
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985foxbody View Post
Are you all fucking high? If you want to accept gays as equals go right ahead. Tell your kids its okay to have 2 daddy's. Thats your choice. Me, well I tell my kids its not natural. Not normal behavior. But in the Corps we are in the killing buisness and we need real men. Not flammers. We need people who hold american values. Who believe in God, thier country and the Corps. So let lets gays in huh? Here is the biggest and formost problem...I am not allowed to shower, share a bathroom, or sleep in the same room with females, but i can room with guys who are gay? Shower with gay guys? so are they going to get special rights? thier own bathrooms and bedrooms? Watch all the special rights they will have to have. watch all the lawsuits. As it is females get treated with kid gloves. Way different standards. But you think gays will just have to be the same! Bullshit! Fuck You very much! Dont force that shit on us. Let us decide what we want. I dont tell you you have to wear safety boots at your job, dont tell us we need to let dikes and homos in! Oh and if you havent worked with any...you can tell the ones that try and hide it. None of them, and I mean NONE are stellar performers and have some serious issues going on upstairs. And to the huey crew chief..you must have been regular ARMY..if you would have worked with Delta(like I have) you would def not be saying that bullshit.....

God damn, it only takes one marine to fuck up a thread. Let me guess, E-4 or below?

Lmao @ "I've worked with Delta". Let me guess, you pulled outer security for them?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Punk Ass Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985foxbody View Post
That has got to be the most ignorant post I have ever read in the history of Dfwstangs. How can you call yourself a believer in god and then turn around and judge people who are different, or "unatural". If everything was the same there would be no evolution of species. Gay people are natures way of population control, thru cannot reproduce naturally because they are not attracted to the opposite. That is all they are, people. So what they do behind closed doors, I dont care to hear about how you fuck your sister, so I wont ask and please don't tell me. See how that works? Racism is ignorant, so get over yourself and mind your own bussiness.

I'm not gay but damn, no sense in hating people for such a dumbass reason.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBodyMike View Post
That has got to be the most ignorant post I have ever read in the history of Dfwstangs. How can you call yourself a believer in god and then turn around and judge people who are different, or "unatural". If everything was the same there would be no evolution of species. Gay people are natures way of population control, thru cannot reproduce naturally because they are not attracted to the opposite. That is all they are, people. So what they do behind closed doors, I dont care to hear about how you fuck your sister, so I wont ask and please don't tell me. See how that works? Racism is ignorant, so get over yourself and mind your own bussiness.

I see where you were trying to go with that, and I see you got terribly lost.

I'll just leave this here for you.
Quote:
That has got to be the most ignorant post I have ever read in the history of Dfwstangs..
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Time Served

I really don't give a flippity fuck if they want to join. They can be combat support and work in an S shop pushing paper work, but I really doubt too many will make it over to where I work. They had just be ready to prove themselves.

It has a throttle body spacer for high end HP, and an RV cam for low end toque.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
God damn, it only takes one marine to fuck up a thread. Let me guess, E-4 or below?

Lmao @ "I've worked with Delta". Let me guess, you pulled outer security for them?
lol I was thinkin the same thing. It appears every Marine no matter their rate has been in task force 121...

Exlude are you an Officer??
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Wolverines!!!

Just once I'd like the ignorant boot to not be from my Corps.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
Just once I'd like the ignorant boot to not be from my Corps.
While I agree with you 100%, the Corps is not known for it's intelligent enlisted men.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
While I agree with you 100%, the Corps is not known for it's intelligent enlisted men.
I would have to disagree. I've worked with many Marines that I would term as professionals. Mostly at HMX-1 but at other units as well. Of course there are always exceptions.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Factory Issue

I've met some awesome former Marines that were really smart. I've also met some fully retarded reserve POG's.

Give me a dollar.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
lol I was thinkin the same thing. It appears every Marine no matter their rate has been in task force 121...

from what i can tell, he's just a liberal fag. probly gay himself, so this topic interests him. just read some of his other posts, they ooze "hey i'm a filthy little liberal worm"
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I would have to disagree. I've worked with many Marines that I would term as professionals. Mostly at HMX-1 but at other units as well. Of course there are always exceptions.
There are idiots in every branch. I was in the army and of course, were are alot of turds there too. When you have alot of kids ( 18-20 imo) enlisted you are bound to have alot of idiots in there.

I am on the fence post on the don't ask don't tell. I do not have a problem with gays. If they do get rid of don't ask don't tell then they need to put them in seperate quarters.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
If they do get rid of don't ask don't tell then they need to put them in seperate quarters.
Then they'd have to ban big gay fag orgies in those quarters.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
There are idiots in every branch. I was in the army and of course, were are alot of turds there too. When you have alot of kids ( 18-20 imo) enlisted you are bound to have alot of idiots in there.

I am on the fence post on the don't ask don't tell. I do not have a problem with gays. If they do get rid of don't ask don't tell then they need to put them in seperate quarters.
Agreed, treating them as a separate gender to some degree will prevent a lot of issues from getting out of hand.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
from what i can tell, he's just a liberal fag. probly gay himself, so this topic interests him. just read some of his other posts, they ooze "hey i'm a filthy little liberal worm"
I'd advise you to stop thinking, aside from the pain it obviously puts you in, it's getting you nowhere.

It interests me because it has to do with my Army, it affects my soldiers, and I'm against repealing don't ask don't tell. Not that you even so much as deserve that explanation.

You failed to answer either of my questions...
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post

Yes.

I'm just kidding about the Marine jab though, I know and have worked with plenty of very high quality and professional Marines. I'm willing to bet 92Gt is not one of those Marines, unfortunately.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

The bible's stance on this topic is very straightforward.

"It comes from the Bible, Leviticus 18:22.

King James Version: 18 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

New International Version: 18 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

English Standard Version: 18 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

Another pertinent passage from the Bible is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

King James Version: 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

New International Version: 9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

English Standard Version: 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement