Rep. Burgess on Stimulus signs - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
EW
Procrastination Racing

Rep. Burgess on Stimulus signs

As a fiscal conservative, I want to direct your attention to an effort by House Republicans to cut wasteful spending on road signs that announce stimulus projects. The cost of these signs could potentially amount to $192 million once they are all complete, and I do not feel that this is a wise use of your taxpayer dollars.

I am seeking the investigative help of Americans who do not wish to see taxpayer-funded signs used to promote the “so-called” stimulus, which has not fulfilled its job-creation promises. Have you seen a stimulus sign? Please take pictures of any “stimulus promoting” signs you see and send the photo, along with the sign's location, to [email protected].

This project calls for the American public’s help in getting answers about why the Obama Administration has chosen to deny Texas deserved assistance for the damage caused by Tropical Storm Hermine, but has no problem wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on road signs. I hope you’ll help me in my hunt to locate all of these signs nationwide. You can see signs that other Americans all across the country have emailed in here at this online map.

For more information on this and other topics, go directly to my web site - http://burgess.house.gov. To view floor speeches, interviews and other video messages from me, please visit my YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/MichaelCBurgessMD. You can also follow me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MichaelCBurgess - and Twitter - http://twitter.com/MichaelCBurgess. It is an honor to serve you in the United States House of Representatives.

Sincerely,

Rep. Michael C. Burgess, M.D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Yay! More government waste! They truly do believe that money grows on trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement