Judge locks up attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Judge locks up attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance...

http://nmisscommentor.com/law/lawyer...of-allegiance/

I have no problem with the Pledge of Allegiance, but if someone doesnt want to say it, they shouldnt be jailed for it. Good grief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Time Served

lol

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I think he deserved it, he should have recited the pledge.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO98GT View Post
I think he deserved it, he should have recited the pledge.
you're kidding right? You seriously think someone deserves jail for not saying the pledge? ...Hitler...is that you?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Someone needs to retire. Being a judge doesn't mean you are the emperor. I can't remember ever reciting the pledge in court.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Lifer

The fact is its the Judges court room and he can find you in contempt if he want's to. If he says to say the pledge the you better say the pledge. Seems a little over the top to me, but he should have just said the pledge and been done with it.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
The fact is its the Judges court room and he can find you in contempt if he want's to. If he says to say the pledge the you better say the pledge. Seems a little over the top to me, but he should have just said the pledge and been done with it.
It is his court room but he can't make up laws.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
you're kidding right? You seriously think someone deserves jail for not saying the pledge? ...Hitler...is that you?
Yes I do, WTF is wrong with reciting the pledge of allegiance in the courtroom? Why would'nt you? Just sounds unamerican to me. Do you not love your country? I know I have no problem reciting it..
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes I do, WTF is wrong with reciting the pledge of allegiance in the courtroom? Why would'nt you? Just sounds unamerican to me. Do you not love your country? I know I have no problem reciting it..
Hell yeah. Should have made him recite the 10 commandments as well as stand for the national anthem. Wonder if the judge had one of those mustaches overly trimmed on both sides.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Baller

Quote:
Hell yeah I love america...you know why? Because were free. Some arrogant old man can't force me to do something I don't want to. I hope this judge is punished. I have no problem reciting the pledge but do have a problem being forced to. It means nothing if you're forced to do it. That's entirely against freedom of speech.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Kid, you've got a really fucked up way of thinking. Well, if you can call that thinking.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Kid, you've got a really fucked up way of thinking. Well, if you can call that thinking.
I just dont see anything wrong with having to pledge allegiance to your flag and country in a government setting.

I think we need more of this in our country, maybe more people would be proud to be an american. Its not like the judge was praying. I just dont understand why anyone would have a problem with reciting the pledge, if you dont want to do it then get a job somewhere you dont have to. If you dont want to pledge to your country then you dont have to live here.

I know this is now off topic, but think about it. Why would the lawyer have a problem with it in the first place, thats what im upset about. The judge may have "overstepped" but I think he should have recited it and moved on with his business. Sounds like a publicity stunt anyways, and its working.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I just dont see anything wrong with having to pledge allegiance to your flag and country in a government setting.

I think we need more of this in our country, maybe more people would be proud to be an american. Its not like the judge was praying. I just dont understand why anyone would have a problem with reciting the pledge, if you dont want to do it then get a job somewhere you dont have to. If you dont want to pledge to your country then you dont have to live here.

I know this is now off topic, but think about it. Why would the lawyer have a problem with it in the first place, thats what im upset about. The judge may have "overstepped" but I think he should have recited it and moved on with his business. Sounds like a publicity stunt anyways, and its working.
What exactly does the pledge mean if he doesn't say it willingly. Doesn't it lose it's meaning.

I'm not saying I agree with him not saying it, just that he should be jailed because he didn't. Find me a law that says he has to and I will change my mind.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

One of the biggest reasons people are proud of this country is that we have freedom and liberty. Having Freedom and Liberty means that you don't have to say that pledge. One of the many reasons that I happily recite that pledge is because I have the freedom to say "fuck it" if I so choose.

BTW, there are several countries where you ARE required to take a pledge. Usually the people of those countries are lacking in freedom and liberty.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
What exactly does the pledge mean if he doesn't say it willingly. Doesn't it lose it's meaning.

I'm not saying I agree with him not saying it, just that he should be jailed because he didn't. Find me a law that says he has to and I will change my mind.
We're really talking about the same thing here. Here is how I see the situation.

Lawyer refuses to recite the pledge, judge asked him to recite. Lawyer then procedes to be a dick to the judge who then finds him contempt of court. If thats how the situation panned out then I have no problem with the outcome.

If its the judge just being an asshole, then yes I would see him in the wrong. Its all perception.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Baller

Yeah you can either perceive it as a dumbass...or you can be a normal person and understand forcing someone to pledge completely contradicts our countries beliefs
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
We're really talking about the same thing here. Here is how I see the situation.

Lawyer refuses to recite the pledge, judge asked him to recite. Lawyer then procedes to be a dick to the judge who then finds him contempt of court. If thats how the situation panned out then I have no problem with the outcome.

If its the judge just being an asshole, then yes I would see him in the wrong. Its all perception.

If he was being a dick, then the Judge would be right to cite him for comtempt, but that isn't what happened. There is no report that the lawyer was anything but civil. You're making a gratuitous assertion.

The judge cited him for, “failure to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance as ordered.” Note the "AS ORDERED" part. Fuck that judge.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The land of no ho racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
It is his court room but he can't make up laws.
Actually he can they are called common laws....
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
Yeah you can either perceive it as a dumbass...or you can be a normal person and understand forcing someone to pledge completely contradicts our countries beliefs
But also, a "normal" person would have recited the pledge. Which is why Im not giving the lawyer much credit in this situation.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I am a patriot and love my country...but I hate my govt. But I am not going to be forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Worship me

One of the reasons for the American Revolution was that you had to pledge loyalty to King George. It was against the law to wish ill will toward the king. In medieval times it was high treason to suggest that the king would fall ill or die. People were killed for it.

Would it also be contempt of court to say you wish this judge would die? I'd bet he would lock you up for it.

This judge needs to be removed from his position, he is anti-American. Think about that for a second and you will realize what I am saying.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement