New Border Patrol Vehicle - Page 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo3gt View Post
The roush nitemare is cooler.
Fuck that. A new lightning with a GT500 engine or a blown 6.2L for the win. I was looking up the Nitemare because I had never heard of it and it's funny how the warranty works. So Roush will cover it's parts for 3/36 just like the factory warranty will. What if the engine or trans blows and Ford said it's because of the Roush mods? Will Roush pay for your repairs or will they say go to hell because the engine and/or trans aren't Roush components?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/20...y-ar92420.html

And if the Raptor isn't enough....
post #53 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I love that truck. Just may have to break down and get one eventually

post #54 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo3gt View Post
It would be,but for now the roush is awesome.
How much does the Roush weigh? 445hp sounds great unless it's a pig. Those 3v 5.4 have a weakass 300hp. It feels more like 200hp. I even drove one of the AWD supercharged harley editions with a supposed 450hp and it was slow as hell. The 345hp Harleys from the previous body style would have a field day with the newer ones.
post #55 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
lol at the comments.
post #56 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The Raptor can go places the old truck can't at speeds the old truck can't even think of. It's designed to be hammered on across hard country whereas the old trucks are street trucks with off road modifications as an afterthought.
its designed for racing on a dirt path...I have been out to south texas, there is vegetation everywhere, there are 10 ft ditches, mountains and canyons. this thing might be able to do 60mph down a dirt road, but the illegals are in the vegetation, crossing ditches, climbing mountains and cutting through canyons all paces this truck cant go. so in the end will will be used in the exact same way the current truck is used, nothing more.

post #57 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Lifer

You just don't fucking get it.

Get your parents to buy one brand new Chevy 4x4 and one Raptor. Have them beat the shit out of them all through your trailer park alleyways and see which one holds together and which one falls apart.

You need to shut the fuck up and let the tax payers talk about what the gov't needs and doesn't need.

post #58 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Rambling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
its designed for racing on a dirt path...I have been out to south texas, there is vegetation everywhere, there are 10 ft ditches, mountains and canyons. this thing might be able to do 60mph down a dirt road, but the illegals are in the vegetation, crossing ditches, climbing mountains and cutting through canyons all paces this truck cant go. so in the end will will be used in the exact same way the current truck is used, nothing more.
Dude, you keep circling back to chasing the illegals that are on foot. This is what horseback or fourwheelers are for.

This truck is intended for chasing coyotes who also use vehicles.

The vehicle you posted cannot handle the terrain like this one can.

There are three key factors as to why you really should just quit beating this dead horse of an asinine idea. These trucks are needed. I, personally, have driven in the areas that they will be using this truck. It is needed.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
post #59 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Time Served

Hypothetical scenario!.......... Border patrol gets a call on they radio saying they need to respond somewhere 10 miles away across rough beaten trail or take roads but the road route is 25 miles. The raptor can cover the 10 miles at an average 45mph while the regular pickup cant do more than 20. The regular truck would have to do 100 fucking miles per hour on the road just to cover the distance the raptor could off the road.

Still maka no sinca????

1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 15lbs, 496/460 with failing bypass valve
1996 DR650 converted to SUMO
2000 F250 4x4 PSD
2006 Ford Exploder
www.fquick.com/payne5757
www.myspace.com/payne5757
post #60 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Lifer

Using cannonball logic, all .223 AR-15 variant rifles that are used to guard the border should be converted to .22, because it does the "exact same thing."

Using cannonball logic, helicopters fitted with Forward-looking infrared do not need to be used at night, since flashlights do the "exact same thing."

post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Using cannonball logic, all .223 AR-15 variant rifles that are used to guard the border should be converted to .22, because it does the "exact same thing."
OMFG...flashbacks to ex-coworker that never understood the difference and why he thought AR-15's sucked 'cause he shot a .22 and that didn't do jack to XYZ. "The bullets are about the same."

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
I agree, we need to augment those Raptors with Predator drones with miniguns on the front. If you're here illegally, you get your ass mowed down and the Raptor picks up your carcass and dumps it back across the border.
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Rambling Man

Quote:
I agree, we need to augment those Raptors with Predator drones with miniguns on the front. If you're here illegally, you get your ass mowed down and the Raptor picks up your carcass and dumps it back across the border.
If we were so lucky to have predator drones with miniguns mounted to the front, then I could justify keeping the street trucks with suspension mods to pick up bodies.

I would also be signed up for flying classes in hopes they have volunteer services.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
DFWS

how much do you think those fancy svt shocks probably cost?

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I know I'd volunteer

And scootro, they cost less than even 1 illegal, much less his whole family
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
DFWS

Quote:
I know I'd volunteer

And scootro, they cost less than even 1 illegal, much less his whole family
haha i guess

post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Time Served

The shocks list at 690 each.

PENGUINS CAN SUCK IT!!!
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

As I said, far less than even 1 illegal. No more catch and release.
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

It was stated they wanted a stripped version as well so no leather and all that so say 30k max then outfit for LE use. Still less I bet then buying more chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 having the suspension etc moded then outfit for LE. And they have to replace the Chevys as they wear out so why not upgrade while doing it you can't rag a vechicle beyond it's limits and expect them to last hence the raptors.
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:46 AM
DFWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancbr View Post
The shocks list at 690 each.
wow!

post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Time Served

After reading a few of cannonball's posts its clear that he is:

A. A hardcore liberal

B. Very against anything that would give us an edge against the swarm of illegals seeking to break our law. Cause clearly, this truck would be a huge edge against them.
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Time Served

I think cannonball has the right idea in that wastefull government spending should be curtailed or at least frowned upon even if they are buying something "cool". The problem is that he put his foot in his mouth at the begining of the thread and showed everyone how little he actually knew about the truck or its intended use and is just trying to save face by sticking to his guns and his original opinion; that IN HIS MISINFORMED OPINION the truck is wastefull.

I think those Raptors are sick trucks and if the boarder patrol needs 10 trucks for high speed pursuit across open AND rough terrain then give it to them, because there is no other truck out now that is better suited. This truck was designed for and tested in exactly these situations and it has shown to be more than capable in those senarios.

I wouldn't mind having my own Raptor. I'll take one in white, without the graphics please

2004 GTO <---- 690rwhp Twin Turbo meth injected.... daily driver?

1971 Torino <---- never-ending project
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
how much do you think those fancy svt shocks probably cost?
They are high dollar(around 600 a piece), but they do come with a 100k mile warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
It was stated they wanted a stripped version as well so no leather and all that so say 30k max then outfit for LE use. Still less I bet then buying more chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 having the suspension etc moded then outfit for LE. And they have to replace the Chevys as they wear out so why not upgrade while doing it you can't rag a vechicle beyond it's limits and expect them to last hence the raptors.
Unless they make some special ones for the government the base model raptor has leather and stickers at around 38k

10 F-150 Raptor
06 Corvette Z51
01 GT

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Last edited by GrayStangGT; 10-13-2010 at 12:37 PM.
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Eatin that rainbow stew

I wonder if the buggies some border patrol agencies have would be a better idea.
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Lifer

Very nice trucks. Patrol the border? That's fucking hilarious. They may be out tearing up the dunes, but there's no real patrol.
post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Lifer

All I keep thinking is, will this really keep anyone from crossing the border? It sounds cool, but really is this the best way to spend our tax dollars? I mean the next thing you know someone is delivering mail in a jacked up H2 or a King Ranch......
post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
All I keep thinking is, will this really keep anyone from crossing the border? It sounds cool, but really is this the best way to spend our tax dollars? I mean the next thing you know someone is delivering mail in a jacked up H2 or a King Ranch......
I understand what you're saying, but using an H2 or KR to deliver mail doesn't help the mailman complete their job, whereas using a raptor will help BP do theirs, by improving mobility.
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Time Served

I still think landmines and hillbillies with shotguns would be far more effective myself.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
I still think landmines and hillbillies with shotguns would be far more effective myself.
That one senator already outlined the permanent fix for all this. When you put 'em in jail, and they aren't making any money, they quit getting their backs wet. Cause in ol meh he co, they at least make some money. In jail they make no money. But have them actually producing some sellable commodity, so that their stay is all expenses paid. By them. That would put a dead stop to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
thats not a stock truck, that thing has well over $100K in it. the illegals are not coming up the baja path, they are way off the main path and in the deep brush. so in the end al this thing will be used for is driving down the interstate and and dirt roads, same as the trucks they are currently using.

what are these trucks going to cost the tax payers? $50k per truck, and then another $50k to outfit the truck for duty. thats a million dollars for the 10 trucks, plus up maintenance and what ever more they cost in gas. how many agents can they put on the border for that kind of money 20-25? I would rather see the agents
Sounds good. Lets just have agents running around in this brush with a 9mm and not get killed. Man to man combat is definitely what we want. What vehicle comes and gets the illegals out in the brush? Are we going to walk with them for miles?

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #81 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
what can the raptor do that the current truck can not do? the current truck already has the skid plate, off road suspension, and all those goodies. so why to we need to spend thousands of dollars fore for a truck that will be used in the same capacity as the current truck?
Oh no, not the skid plate!

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #82 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I don't know why yall are arguing with him. He has no point, and its already been established that he's dead wrong. He is against it cause he jacks off to pictures of illegals crossing the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #83 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 06:58 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

That's nice to hear....leaping 45 feet through the air, landing, and doing it again and again and again...but, need to test it before we can believe. You are sounding like we can drive it on asphalt roof too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement