Obama-care Rawks! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Obama-care Rawks!

i currently have bluecross blueshield insurace (i provide health insurance for my employees) and my controller just came and told me that our health insurance is going up 37%, starting in december...i sure am glad that obama got this whole health care thing fixed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Time Served

Do what other companies do. High deductible low premium with a crappy hsa.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Nice... Well at least all the illegals will get free healthcare now. Oh wait they already do at our expense. Go figure, he didn't solve shit.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroStryfe View Post
Nice... Well at least all the illegals will get free healthcare now. Oh wait they already do at our expense. Go figure, he didn't solve shit.
Par for the coarse for this administration.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
T-MINUS

Aren't you small enough that you fall in the 'tough shit, go public' size of business?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo3gt View Post
Do what other companies do. High deductible low premium with a crappy hsa.
explain HSA's. I think that's coming to my benefits next year.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
explain HSA's. I think that's coming to my benefits next year.
Well,heres how mine works. My company deposits a set amount every month. I contribute whatever amount I want,up to a certain amount,tax free. Then I have a Visa for the account. Go to dr,use said Visa. Or for any healt related products like glasses,medicine,prescriptions,bandaids,etc. So long as its health related,no problem. Or use the money for whatever and get hit with the taxes in January. Not a bad deal if the company adds to it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Time Served

Haha, love it!

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
Haha, love it!
Love what?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
Well,heres how mine works. My company deposits a set amount every month. I contribute whatever amount I want,up to a certain amount,tax free. Then I have a Visa for the account. Go to dr,use said Visa. Or for any healt related products like glasses,medicine,prescriptions,bandaids,etc. So long as its health related,no problem. Or use the money for whatever and get hit with the taxes in January. Not a bad deal if the company adds to it.
what happens when you rack up a $10k bill overnight? or is there a cap?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewozzy View Post
Depends on how much is in there.
But in my case,we have insurance too. BCBS. We have a $2500 deductible,which isn't that bad. We also have a vision,prescription,and dental plan.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewozzy View Post
It's not meant for that. Your insurance would kick in. My wife puts in $2500 a year, and you need to spend whatever you put in. Dental visits, contact lenses, any medications, etc.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Time Served

Quote:
It's not meant for that. Your insurance would kick in. My wife puts in $2500 a year, and you need to spend whatever you put in. Dental visits, contact lenses, any medications, etc.
Ours never expires. And we earn interest,better than my money market and savings accounts,on it too. Mine is with www.myhsatoday.com
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroStryfe View Post
Except, now they can get all they want and not have to feel guilty about it.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
Depends on how much is in there.
But in my case,we have insurance too. BCBS. We have a $2500 deductible,which isn't that bad. We also have a vision,prescription,and dental plan.
ahh gotcha.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
Now, they can get all they want and not have to feel guilty about it.
Like they ever felt guiltyy before.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
IA2

Quote:
You are describing a MSA. There is no spend it or lose it by end of year with a HSA. And, the government realizes that HSAs are great medical plans and are making plans to gut/ruin them eventually. It's already started - next year you can't use a HSA to buy over the counter meds, for example.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
You are describing a MSA. There is no spend it or lose it by end of year with a HSA. And, the government realizes that HSAs are great medical plans and are making plans to gut/ruin them eventually.
My wife calls it a "flexible spending" account. She's the CPA in the family, so I just follow directions.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Time Served

my bride is a school teacher. her check is already 40 dollars a month less this year because of ins. and can expect it to be even worse next year. she's got 28 years in and they freeze their pay at 20 .

thank you gov goodhair for paying teachers like shit and a big thank you to the fucking democrats that will only make it worse with obama's bullshit.

i pay for my insurance . the poor poor people obama cries about don't pay a fucking dime , they get it free already.

i cant wait until next year when the " change " becomes a reality .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

The state minimum for a teacher with 20+ years experience is $45,000 a year. I know when I was looking into it last year most districts in this area STARTED around $40-45,000, and included $500 or $1,000 per year of experience. Not balling out of control by any means but that's hardly paying them like shit. She could be doing a lot worse and doing it without the 2 month break...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
You did not mention the bad side... If you do not use it you lose it. If you know you have prescriptions or routine doctor visits so many times a year... put that amout in the HSA. Be careful not to put too much of your own money into it

I heard somewhere that there will be tougher rules for HSA's in the future. Is this true.. something along the lines of it can no longer be used for over the counter items?
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
You did not mention the bad side... If you do not use it you lose it. If you know you have prescriptions or routine doctor visits so many times a year... put that amout in the HSA. Be careful not to put too much of your own money into it

I heard somewhere that there will be tougher rules for HSA's in the future. Is this true.. something along the lines of it can no longer be used for over the counter items?
Wrong. We do not lose any of our HSA money,ever. You are referring to an FSA or MSA.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
The state minimum for a teacher with 20+ years experience is $45,000 a year. I know when I was looking into it last year most districts in this area STARTED around $40-45,000, and included $500 or $1,000 per year of experience. Not balling out of control by any means but that's hardly paying them like shit. She could be doing a lot worse and doing it without the 2 month break...
Its what every teacher or spouse of a teacher thinks. They're just like union employees. They develop some god like complex,and think they deserve a salary 10 times what they get. When truth be told,they should get paid based on their performance.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Wrong. We do not lose any of our HSA money,ever. You are referring to an FSA or MSA.
Yep, sorry it is called an FSA.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Old school 4-eye'd

Quote:
Its what every teacher or spouse of a teacher thinks. They're just like union employees. They develop some god like complex,and think they deserve a salary 10 times what they get. When truth be told,they should get paid based on their performance.
I agree with you on the performance based pay, but chill with the union mentality shit.

I bet you were one of the students that made teachers wish they got paid more to compensate for putting up with you...

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I agree with you on the performance based pay, but chill with the union mentality shit.
I would,but I call it like I see it. There are alot of groups that develop a holier than thou attitude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement