This gonna be the Dems big FU? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Token Troll

This gonna be the Dems big FU?

They win, they extend it. They lose, they let it die. In the meantime, play it up like the Republicans are the ones screwing it all up, in hopes of winning the November vote?
Quote:
Senate Democrats huddled behind closed doors for one hour on Thursday trying to figure out what to do about the expiring Bush tax cuts. With no consensus emerging, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., decided to postpone a vote until after the election.

"Democrats believe we must permanently extend tax cuts for the middle-class before they expire at the end of the year, and we will.," Reid spkesman Jim Manley said in a written statement that blamed the GOP for the delay. "Democrats will not allow families in Nevada and across the country to suffer or be held hostage by Republicans who would rather give tax giveaways to millionaires and corporations that ship jobs overseas. We will come back in November and stay in session as long as it takes to get this done."

Sen Chris Dodd, D-CT, told reporters, "I think there are strong views being held. I, for one, subscribe to the notion that we ought to have a vote to extend the tax cuts for those that really need them and stop those for the ones who don't," Dodd said, but he quickly added, "There's a mixed view. Tax policy is not our strongest political argument with the national public. We know that. It's a divided caucus. That's not uncommon."

Several Democrats advocated for a delay, saying it is the one way to ensure politics does not enter into the equation. Republicans want to extend all of the tax cuts and are poised to pounce on any bill that falls short, as well as any member who does not support their position.

One senior Senate Democratic leadership aide told Fox that Republicans bear some of the blame, as well, "It's not as cut and dry as our people don't want to do them. We do. But people don't want to walk the plank if Republicans aren't going to play ball."

"It's just better that we wait. Nothing has to be done before the end of the year. It's clear, we're not for a $4 trillion tax loss. What we want is tax extensions for the middle class," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who said earlier that she could also support a compromise that woulid temporarily extend the top two tax brackets for two years.

Sen Bob Menendez, D-NJ. head of the Democrats' campaign effort, had no problem with a delay, either. "What's important is that the tax cuts get done by the end of the year and that the be effective for next year. That's what's important. Everything else is just semantics," Menendez concluded.

Sen. Mark Pryor, D-Ark, whose fellow Arkansan, Blanche Lincoln, is in an extremely tough fight for re-election against a former GOP congressman, said, "I think it's probably better to do it after, just because right now, everything is so political, and it's hard to get anything done without a lot of politics."

Lincoln, for her part, said she did not advocate any position in the closed door meeting but is fine with a delay. "I think it's reasonable and certainly important for the economy to be able to extend the low and middle income tax cuts. And I think if it's done responsibly, we can also extend the higher ones. But it has to be done responsibly," Lincoln said, adding, "I think it's abundantly clear to the American people that we're coming back after the election." When asked what "responsibly" meant, the senator demurred, "That's a good question. That's a good debate."

Sen Tom Carper, D-DE, said he wants a vote now, but he is willing to wait if it will help the more vulnerable members of his caucus. "I'm ready to vote now. But I think we should consider the golden rule, and that is to treat other people the way we would want to be treated, and that includes our colleagues."

Sen Patty Murray, D-Wash, among those vulnerable Democrats this cycle, blew by reporters saying only, "I want (tax cuts) done by the end of the year."

Democrats appear to be setting aside nearly a month or more for a lame duck session. Sen Byron Dorgan, D-ND, said Democrats are poised to return for "most of the month of December," and Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., added that one legislative week in November is now also on the calendar.
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...r-election-day

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Lifer

Anything they do can (and probably will) be rescinded. They've got their political tit in a wringer and don't know whether to shit or go blind. This is getting fun and will only get better. The Titanic is sinking, and the rats are looking for a way to survive. Though there are no records, not many rats survived the Titanic.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Time Served

The problem with your entire the "titantic is sinking" scenario, is that in this case they are taking the entire damn ocean with them into the abyss.

Heck if the Earth were sucked into a wyrm hole now, we'd be hard pressed to see the sustained damage these morons are perpetrating on our freedoms.

The long term damage these "educated" fools are pressing onto the workers in this country will be the undoing of the entire free world.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Anything they do can (and probably will) be rescinded. They've got their political tit in a wringer and don't know whether to shit or go blind. This is getting fun and will only get better. The Titanic is sinking, and the rats are looking for a way to survive. Though there are no records, not many rats survived the Titanic.

Are you talking about republicrats ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Bullet Sponge

No bullet, we're talking about the dems. You know, the ones who've been running things for the past 2 years and 4 years in Congress?
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
No bullet, we're talking about the dems. You know, the ones who've been running things for the past 2 years and 4 years in Congress?
What are you talking about? George Bush has been running things for the past two years, not the democrats. Obviously he is the one to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post

Ah, so that explains this reversal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	facts2.gif
Views:	100
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	99903  

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:00 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Just put that shit in your sig... seeing as how you like to bring it out every third post.

Brigning it out often doesn't make it any less wrong, though.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Will someone please step up and try to prove these FACTS wrong ?

Or should I post the updated ones that will really make your eyes open ?

From Harding In 1921 to Bush in 2003, Democrats held the White House for 40 years, and Republicans for 42.5 years. During this time:
1. Democrats created 75,820,000 net new jobs and Republicans 36,440,000.
2. Per Year Average : Democrats = 1,825,200 new jobs vs. Republicans = 856,400 new jobs.
3. There was either a depression or a recession during the administrations of 6 of the 9 Republican presidents.
4. The DOW grew by 52% more under Democrats, and
5. The GDP grew by 26.4% more under Democrats.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Ah, so that explains this reversal.
the problem with that chart and your belief that it shows Obama has helped is that you assume that it means we are gaining jobs. Quite the contrary it states the amount of Jobs lost. Well at some point you get down to the bone then its close shop or just run really lean.

I'll give you an example and question...how lean can you cut staff at a hotel till you can't lay anyone else off? You get down to minimum front desk and cleaning staff..then you have a minimum amount needed to run the hotel. At that point you start lowering your return on the investment or as you are seeing in Dallas start handing them back to the banks.

That chart doesn't say we have gained jobs. It just says we are to the point that companies can't cut anymore. So another way to look at it is if we are still loosing adding 465,000 to the unemployed ranks that means now we have businesses closing completely.

If you like Obama and the Dem's so much why don't you match what I pay in Taxes a year and then we can see how much you like them.

The consequences of not extending the Bush era tax cuts are I will let someone go to maintain my income and profitability. Sorry but trickle up don't do shit. I'm going to make sure I can live the same quality of life. Just means someone that works for me won't.

06' Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
66' Plymouth Satellite
69' Internation Pickup
Looking for the next toy
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Lifer

Bottom line: Unemployment under Bush averaged 5.26 from '01-'08. His last year in office ('08), unemployment rate was 5.76.

Obama's rate was 9.26 in '09 and 9.65 for '10 so far.

I don't need pie charts and hocus-pocus to look up Department of Labot stats...

Poverty is the highest it's been in decades.

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:

From Harding In 1921 to Bush in 2003, Democrats held the White House for 40 years, and Republicans for 42.5 years. During this time:
2. Per Year Average : Democrats = 1,825,200 new jobs vs. Republicans = 856,400 new jobs.
3. There was either a depression or a recession during the administrations of 6 of the 9 Republican presidents.

I see alot of claims, but a noticeable lack of sources backing them up.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Aggie View Post
the problem with that chart and your belief that it shows Obama has helped is that you assume that it means we are gaining jobs. Quite the contrary it states the amount of Jobs lost. Well at some point you get down to the bone then its close shop or just run really lean.

I'll give you an example and question...how lean can you cut staff at a hotel till you can't lay anyone else off? You get down to minimum front desk and cleaning staff..then you have a minimum amount needed to run the hotel. At that point you start lowering your return on the investment or as you are seeing in Dallas start handing them back to the banks.

That chart doesn't say we have gained jobs. It just says we are to the point that companies can't cut anymore. So another way to look at it is if we are still loosing adding 465,000 to the unemployed ranks that means now we have businesses closing completely.

If you like Obama and the Dem's so much why don't you match what I pay in Taxes a year and then we can see how much you like them.

The consequences of not extending the Bush era tax cuts are I will let someone go to maintain my income and profitability. Sorry but trickle up don't do shit. I'm going to make sure I can live the same quality of life. Just means someone that works for me won't.
Bullet is a zillionaire and pays billions in taxes, based on his market moves.

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:

Can you read a simple chart ?

How many jobs were lost in nov and jan ?

And you are not going to let anyone go if having them employed is increasing your net profit unless you just enjoying making less money.

What you are arguing is that you have employees working for you right now that do not add anything to your net profit or who are actually reducing it.

Why would you keep them if they make you less profitable ?

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-25-2010 at 11:08 AM.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 10:01 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Bottom line: Unemployment under Bush averaged 5.26 from '01-'08. His last year in office ('08), unemployment rate was 5.76.

Obama's rate was 9.26 in '09 and 9.65 for '10 so far.

I don't need pie charts and hocus-pocus to look up Department of Labot stats...

Poverty is the highest it's been in decades.

FACT

It hit 7.7 % under bush in 2008.

Unemployment is a lagging indicator and the economy always turns before it bottoms out.

Maybe this will help you understand

http://economics.about.com/cs/busine...onomic_ind.htm

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-25-2010 at 10:42 AM.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

OH SNAP

Can someone please tell him to stop bringing up FACTS

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22106866

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
OH SNAP

Can someone please tell him to stop bringing up FACTS

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22106866
Did you seriously put up an Obama propanganda video as Fact??

post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Also, instead of a cropped picture showing your "5 Figure" day.... seeing as how you used that same pic about 2 months ago, you could post of a screenshot of your trading history proving your self proclaimed monicker of 'Market Guru'

That would be proof positive of your genius, seeing as the last 2 months or so of trading history can easily be paired with the historical market moves.

Until then, any credible person in Financial Services will assume you are a fool and a liar.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Genetically Blessed

This clown gets more ridiculous by the day.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:

You forgot that Obama is the new Messiah.

ps your sig needs more huge text and bright colors - They're widely known to appeal to people with short attention spans and low intelligence... you know, liberals.

DFWMustangs.net
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:58 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
This clown gets more ridiculous by the day.
Truth
He talks about his moves like he's a god, and that he's talking to an audience that is stupid enough to believe it.

There are quite a few people here that either work in Financial Services, or have experience in trading (Personally or Professionally) that can tell he's a bullshitter of the first order.

Ridere at the Bullet.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 02:30 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
You forgot that Obama is the new Messiah.

ps your sig needs more huge text and bright colors - They're widely known to appeal to people with short attention spans, and low intelligence... you know, republicons.
New mesiah ?

I'm still upset that the gop made things so bad that the sheep voted him in.

I will see what I can do.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-25-2010 at 02:42 PM.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
I see alot of claims, but a noticeable lack of sources backing them up.
You'll never get those sources, you're wasting your breath. I have given up trying to get sources from bullet. He just goes over to liberalfag.com, and then comes over here and vomits up the lies that they feed him.

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
You'll never get those sources, you're wasting your breath. I have given up trying to get sources from bullet. He just goes over to liberalfag.com, and then comes over here and vomits up the lies that they feed him.

If you like FACTS then you will learn a lot.

If you are a blind sheep then prepare to feel the burn from the acid those FACTS provide.

I only reply to those who are on my level. All were embarrassed by BULLET when he schooled them on the FACTS and it eat's them up because they have no rebuttal to his FACTS. Do you blame them for being angry after BULLET drug their ass through the mud with his skills ? Those cocksucking stalkers that envy and hate my success are not worthy of BULLET'S knowledge. That is why they are stuck in their J.ust O.ver B.roke as wage slaves and direct their misery at BULLET. I will pray for them.

Consider it an honor that I even reply to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ahh.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	99915  

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-25-2010 at 03:43 PM.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Sorry.
I only reply to those who are on my level. Those thatask for proof about my wildly ridiculous claims ofsuccess are not believing any of BULLET'S Bullshit

Funny how he can post a screenshot of his ignore list, but can't seem to figure out how to do it for his trading history..

Hmmmmm eeenteresting. Veddy eenteresting.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
makin' bacon

That is epic... since he cannot ignore the facts he has decided to ignore the people posting the facts.......

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Can you read a simple chart ?

How many jobs were lost in nov and jan ?

And you are not going to let anyone go if having them employed is increasing your net profit unless you just enjoying making less money.

What you are arguing is that you have employees working for you right now that do not add anything to your net profit or who are actually reducing it.

Why would you keep them if they make you less profitable ?
That's really not the right question to ask in the shopping center business

Its seasonal employment. Same as the Census was.

And your wrong about the profit comment. Letting someone go just means I have to work a little harder...willing to do it. Did it before will do it again. I would say that you don't understand business to have arguments like this. I can guess that you work for someone and don't own a company or deal with people that run companies. I work with developers, banks, brokers and investors all the time. Let me assure you that if they start seeing their income drop...they start dropping people that, while may be beneficial in good times to reduce their amount of personal work, just don't add to their bottom line when they aren't running crazy and can just work a little harder themselves.

And yes I could lose an analyst tomorrow for $45K off the bottom line and let go my nanny for $38K, because I don't get shit for the write off. One of them would help my bottom line the other would mean I have to work maybe an extra 10 hours a week. Keep in mind that by letting 2 people go I take $83K out of the income stream for people that usually spend everything they get to live on. I'll just stash more away and move on down the road.

I can tell you this we aren't out of this crap yet and its about to get worse. I see a whole lot of shit that these banks are keeping on their books and the crap that they extended out for people. 3/4 of this shit can barely cover the debt and thats only because its at about 2pts over libor or the banks are setting up agreements to just pay a minimum management fee to the people and then cash sweeping the accounts. What do they care they are paying 0 to the fed so any amount is making them money. The rates go up and your going to REALLY see the shit hit the fan.

66' Plymouth Satellite
69' Internation Pickup
Looking for the next toy
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
I'll just stash more away and move on down the road.

That same thinking is why trickle down economics never worked for us in 20 years and only increased our debt 8 trillion dollars.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 11:06 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Bullet is a zillionaire and pays billions in taxes, based on his market moves.
My goal is to make 40 trillion this year so that I can pay off the national debt with my tax liability.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
That same thinking is why trickle down economics never worked for us in 20 years and only increased our debt 8 trillion dollars.
The only reason it didn't work for you is that your either too low on the totem pole or you don't save your money.

66' Plymouth Satellite
69' Internation Pickup
Looking for the next toy
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
My goal is to make 40 trillion this year so that I can pay off the national debt with my tax liability.

Barry would just spend it on something else...

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
If you like FACTS then you will learn a lot.

If you are a blind sheep then prepare to feel the burn from the acid those FACTS provide.

I only reply to those who are on my level. All were embarrassed by BULLET when he schooled them on the FACTS and it eat's them up because they have no rebuttal to his FACTS. Do you blame them for being angry after BULLET drug their ass through the mud with his skills ? Those cocksucking stalkers that envy and hate my success are not worthy of BULLET'S knowledge. That is why they are stuck in their J.ust O.ver B.roke as wage slaves and direct their misery at BULLET. I will pray for them.

Consider it an honor that I even reply to you.
An honor... haha! That made me laugh out loud, no joke. You really must consider how... narcissistic you sound. I mean reread the post.

That being said, I am not entirely unwilling to listen to you. I'll hear anything that anyone on this forum (nay, the world) has to say. I'll gladly read the thread that you are talking about where you proved everyone wrong and you were right about the stock market. I never personally saw the thread, I may have missed it but if you post a link to it I'll read it. Every tiny piece of information is something for me to learn.

But at the same time, I have to expect the same from you. You have never replied to a very good point that some random member made, about the democrats being in control since 2007. Do you not think that they had anything to do with the decline?

Quote:

Quote:
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
An honor... haha! That made me laugh out loud, no joke. You really must consider how... narcissistic you sound. I mean reread the post.

That being said, I am not entirely unwilling to listen to you. I'll hear anything that anyone on this forum (nay, the world) has to say. I'll gladly read the thread that you are talking about where you proved everyone wrong and you were right about the stock market. I never personally saw the thread, I may have missed it but if you post a link to it I'll read it. Every tiny piece of information is something for me to learn.

But at the same time, I have to expect the same from you. You have never replied to a very good point that some random member made, about the democrats being in control since 2007. Do you not think that they had anything to do with the decline?
I was waiting for a response to my last one to remind everyone that the Senate has been essentially 50/50 since 2001 and the House became a Dem controlled house in the 2006 elections. Now the big question for our friend is do you know who writes the budget for the US?

Also let me know where you are on the floor of Chicago. I have a partner that used to be on the floor up there and I'm sure I can have him look you up. He still knows alot of guys that are trading up there.

66' Plymouth Satellite
69' Internation Pickup
Looking for the next toy
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer

tax cuts will work only if we cut spending first, otherwise we will just increase the deficit by printing more money and creating inflation.

post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
FACT

It hit 7.7 % under bush in 2008.

Unemployment is a lagging indicator and the economy always turns before it bottoms out.

Maybe this will help you understand

http://economics.about.com/cs/busine...onomic_ind.htm
FACT
January 2009, Bush's last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years.

Employers where already reacting to Obuthead winning back in November and the unemployment rate had been heading down since the dems took control of the house and senate.

FACT
The rate was 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.

So the only time it even came close to 7.7% under Bush was in January 2009 and he shared that with Obummer.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
tax cuts will work only if we cut spending first, otherwise we will just increase the deficit by printing more money and creating inflation.
That^

We could take a lesson from CUBA! and cut bureaucratic jobs.

Doors Done Rite

Last edited by big_tiger; 09-27-2010 at 01:35 PM.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

The hard, empirical facts

The tax cuts did not spur investment. Job growth in the George W. Bush years was one-seventh that of the Clinton years. Nixon and Ford did better than Bush on jobs. Wages fell during the last administration. Average incomes fell.

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.ns...9?OpenDocument

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The hard, empirical facts

The tax cuts did not spur investment. Job growth in the George W. Bush years was one-seventh that of the Clinton years. Nixon and Ford did better than Bush on jobs. Wages fell during the last administration. Average incomes fell.

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.ns...9?OpenDocument
Clinton didn't have shit to do with job growth. That was all thanks to the internet picking up speed and the dot.com bubble.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
Clinton didn't have shit to do with job growth. That was all thanks to the internet picking up speed and the dot.com bubble.

I could care less about blow job bill. He raised taxes and we had the longest economic expansion in U.S. history. The article is about the failure of the bush tax cuts.

Bush cut them and we had the worst recession since the great depression.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-27-2010 at 09:31 PM.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I could care less about blow job bill. He raised taxes and we had the longest economic expansion in U.S. histroy. The article is about the failure of the bush tax cuts.

Bush cut them and we had the worst recession since the great depression.

You really are a moron. Now I see why everybody ignores your ass. If you would have read my fucking post, that points out WHY we had a very large economic expansion (that eventually crashed ala dot.com bubble busting). A fucking monkey could have been president and the economy still would have grown during that time. We also benefited from a Republican house and senate to keep his spending in check.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
You really are a moron. Now I see why everybody ignores your ass. If you would have read my fucking post, that points out WHY we had a very large economic expansion (that eventually crashed ala dot.com bubble busting). A fucking monkey could have been president and the economy still would have grown during that time. We also benefited from a Republican house and senate to keep his spending in check.

They ignore me because they are blind sheep like you and can't stand that I bring the FACTS to their face.

Republicunts controlled the house and senate and white house from jan 2002 to 2005.

During that timeframe our national debt increased 29% in 3 years

Was that the democraps fault as well in your demented blind thinking ?

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Time Served

Quote:

This is the dumbest argument ever postulated in the history of the universe.

I will make this so simple even and idiot (i.e. Bullet) can understand it.

GOVERNMENTS DO NOT CREATE JOBS, BUSINESSES DO. FURTHERMORE, POLITICAL PARTIES SURE AS HELL DO NOT CREATE JOBS.

So to expound.... in order for someone to be an employee, someone (the company or employer) must make a profit in order to pay said employee and retain their services. When a company or person makes more profit, then they can hire more employees.

Government steals from employees (they call this taxes) and then give it to civil servants. Counting civil servants as employees if a fucking farce of infinite proportion. This is not job creation at all. This is taking from those that work and giving it to others.

Now I'm not saying we don't need civil servants and government. I am saying we need to limit this to proportion to what the tax paying employees of legitimate business in our country can afford. This leaves two options: 1. Adjusting the salary of civil servants much lower. 2. Lowering the number of civil servants. Or course, a prudent government can do a little of both.

Take any issue or problem our government currently faces. What is Obama's response? HIRE MORE CIVIL SERVANTS. This is not job creation. This is utter and complete economic destruction.

It makes any smart employer (read business) seek to do business elsewhere (read China, etc.). See businesses have to make a profit. Obama has made it his sole mission in life to destroy anyone seeking to make a profit.

And it doesn't matter if you are Republican or Democrat. If you are a career politician, you're entire life is based on being anti-business. Now Obama is pushing being anti-business to new levels previously unheard of.

Take for example his response to illegal immigration. He wants to hire more ICE workers. WTF did we ever need ICE to begin with or the DHS when we already had the FBI, CIA and border patrol? Hiring more civil servants, is anti-business. Since Bush started ICE and DHS, you can easily figure out he was anti-business and pro federalism, pro government, etc. Since Obama is continuing the same stupid fear mongering government entities and growing them exponentially anyone with a 3rd grade education and common sense can see he is clearly anti-business.

You want to know what our government has done since 1921? They have played a huge shell game (you know the figure out which shell the gold is under street game) with the money. Gold standard gone..... employment numbers get new math because the old math would have unemployment around 20% today..... inflation (devaluing currencies... also redefined).... and they've grown the government payrolls by leaps and bounds. NO ONE CAN BALANCE THIS BUDGET because it's impossible now.

This government will indeed collapse. It is not a matter of how, but when. The how is pretty obvious. Want to speed up and insure it, just keep Obama and his pecker buffers in office.

Want to slow it down? Vote out the Democrats.

Want to stop it and maybe reverse it? Then you need to vote out anyone that is a Democrat or a Republican and find some real Americans that know what The Constitution is really about.

Only real diehard, willing to shoot idiots right in the face, Constitutionalists can save this country from dying.

If you think either party can fix this, then you may as well swear your fealty to the United Nations and spare us the details.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
They ignore me because they are blind sheep like you and can't stand that I bring the FACTS to their face.

Republicunts controlled the house and senate and white house from jan 2002 to 2005.

During that timeframe our national debt increased 29% in 3 years

Was that the democraps fault as well in your demented blind thinking ?
Are you joking? Other than being on an economic downswing from one of our country's largest booms, did you forget about the US's "war on terror"?
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
This is the dumbest argument ever postulated in the history of the universe.
This should be included in bullets signature.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
The land of no ho racing

Quote:

Not saying that I know what I'm talking about but the early democratic parties have nothing to do with the parties of today.. You can't compare Democrats pre Johnson, to trash that is in office now. I'm going to have to go out on the limb and say TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PARTIES. Didn't the Dems take over in 06? Might have something to do with your graph as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement