Setting the Record Straight on George W. Bush - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Wink Setting the Record Straight on George W. Bush

http://brucehough.blogspot.com/2009/...-george-w.html

Ed Gillespie wrote an article on RealClearPolitics at the end of last year, December 28, 2008. Here are his points of fact:

Myth 1: The last eight years were awful for most Americans economically and President Bush's deregulatory policies caused the current financial crisis.
*The U.S. experienced its longest run of uninterrupted job growth - 52 straight months, with 8.3
million jobs created during the Bush Administration
This reflected six consecutive years of economic growth from the Fourth Quarter of 2001
until the Fourth Quarter of 2007.
*From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17 percent, a remarkable gain of nearly 2.1
trillion dollars.
In the same period, real after-tax income per capita increased by more than 11 percent,
and there was a 4.7 percent increase in the number of new businesses formed.
*The current crisis: The President and his economic team have taken unprecedented actions to
stabilize the financial sector and avert a collapse.
In April 2001, three months after taking office, the President warned in his first budget
that the size of the two GSEs were a "potential problem" that "could cause strong
repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic
activity." In 2003, the Administration began calling for a new GSE regulator, and over the
next five years, the Administration continued to call for GSE reform only to be accused by
Democrats in Congress of creating artificial fears and advocating for ill-advised proposals.

Myth 2: President Bush's tax cuts only benefitted the wealthy and were paid for by sacrificing investments in health care and education.
*There are not 116 million "wealthy Americans," but that's how many taxpayers benefited from
the President's tax relief.
The across-the-board tax cuts provided tax relief to every American who pays income
taxes, created a new bottom 10 percent bracket rate, doubled the child tax credit to
$1,000, and actually increased the share of the Federal income tax burden paid by the top
10 percent of individual earners from 67 percent in 2000 to 70 percent in 2005.
Furthermore, this Administration removed 13 million low-income earners from the income
tax rolls completely.
*President Bush provided more than 40 million Americans with better access to prescription drugs
by creating the market-based Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit.
And it is one of the rare government programs that actually costs less than expected.
Projected overall program spending between 2004 and 2013 is approximately $240 billion
lower, nearly 38 percent, than originally estimated, thanks to the market-oriented
principles included at President Bush's insistence.
*Federal spending on education has increased nearly 40 percent under President Bush.
*Pell Grant funding nearly doubled during the Administration, which is expected to help more than
5.5 million students attend college in the 2008-09 school year, 1.2 million more students than
were assisted by Pell Grants in the 2001-02 school year.

Myth 3 and 4: The President's "go it alone" foreign policy ruined America's standing in the world and The war in Iraq caused us to "take our eye off the ball" in Afghanistan and with al Qaeda.
*The United States acted with a multilateral coalition of partner nations to remove Saddam
Hussein from power in Iraq after he failed to comply with the will of the international
community, including numerous United Nations Security Council Resolutions.
*In Afghanistan, approximately forty countries are currently deployed with American forces,
including every one of our NATO allies.
*The President also created a worldwide coalition of more than 90 nations to combat terrorist
networks by sharing information, drying up their financing, and bringing their leaders to justice.
Furthermore, the Administration established the Proliferation Security Initiative, which now
includes more than 90 nations.
*The President successfully pushed for expanding NATO membership, generated international
pressure on Iran to stop it from developing nuclear weapons, and organized the Six-Party
Talks, which have resulted in North Korea committing to give up its nuclear weapons and
abandon its nuclear programs.
*The United States has provided nearly $32 billion for security, political, and economic
development assistance and the international community has provided more than $55 billion to
Afghanistan since 2001.

Myth 5: This Administration has been bad for the environment and ignored the problem of global warming.
*From 2001 to 2007, air pollution decreased by 12 percent, and fine particulate matter pollution
is down 17 percent since 2001. Ethanol production quadrupled from 1.6 billion gallons in 2000 to
6.5 billion gallons in 2007, wind energy production has increased by more than 400 percent,
and solar energy capacity has doubled. In 2007, solar installations increased more than 32
percent and the U.S. produced 96 percent more biodiesel (490 million gallons) than in 2006. The
Administration also provided nearly $18 billion to research, develop, and promote alternative
and more efficient energy technologies such as biofuels, solar, wind, clean coal, nuclear, and
hydrogen.
*This Administration has improved and protected the health of more than 27 million acres of
Federal forest and grasslands, protected, restored, and improved more than three million acres
of wetlands, and established the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, the world's
largest fully protected marine conservation area (nearly 140,000 square miles).
*This administration has invested more than $44 billion in climate change-related programs.

And one last fact: Our homeland has not suffered another terrorist attack since September 11, 2001. That, too, is part of the real Bush record.

This next part is from a comment posted to the blog.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009 it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, the start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!!!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOS! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac????

OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie???

OBAMA and the Democratic Congress

So when some one tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Next time you might want to research the FACTS because this is a blatant lie about the number of jobs created. And if that is a lie, then the rest is probably pure horseshit as well.




"The U.S. experienced its longest run of uninterrupted job growth - 52 straight months, with 8.3
million jobs created during the Bush Administration"







His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration




http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...d/tab/article/



3 million jobs for 5 trillion in debt.


Yep that sounds like good economic policy to me.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
http://brucehough.blogspot.com/2009/...-george-w.html

Ed Gillespie wrote an article on RealClearPolitics at the end of last year, December 28, 2008. Here are his points of fact:

Myth 1: The last eight years were awful for most Americans economically and President Bush's deregulatory policies caused the current financial crisis.
*The U.S. experienced its longest run of uninterrupted job growth - 52 straight months, with 8.3
million jobs created during the Bush Administration
This reflected six consecutive years of economic growth from the Fourth Quarter of 2001
until the Fourth Quarter of 2007.
*From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17 percent, a remarkable gain of nearly 2.1
trillion dollars.
In the same period, real after-tax income per capita increased by more than 11 percent,
and there was a 4.7 percent increase in the number of new businesses formed.
*The current crisis: The President and his economic team have taken unprecedented actions to
stabilize the financial sector and avert a collapse.
In April 2001, three months after taking office, the President warned in his first budget
that the size of the two GSEs were a "potential problem" that "could cause strong
repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic
activity." In 2003, the Administration began calling for a new GSE regulator, and over the
next five years, the Administration continued to call for GSE reform only to be accused by
Democrats in Congress of creating artificial fears and advocating for ill-advised proposals.

Myth 2: President Bush's tax cuts only benefitted the wealthy and were paid for by sacrificing investments in health care and education.
*There are not 116 million "wealthy Americans," but that's how many taxpayers benefited from
the President's tax relief.
The across-the-board tax cuts provided tax relief to every American who pays income
taxes, created a new bottom 10 percent bracket rate, doubled the child tax credit to
$1,000, and actually increased the share of the Federal income tax burden paid by the top
10 percent of individual earners from 67 percent in 2000 to 70 percent in 2005.
Furthermore, this Administration removed 13 million low-income earners from the income
tax rolls completely.
*President Bush provided more than 40 million Americans with better access to prescription drugs
by creating the market-based Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit.
And it is one of the rare government programs that actually costs less than expected.
Projected overall program spending between 2004 and 2013 is approximately $240 billion
lower, nearly 38 percent, than originally estimated, thanks to the market-oriented
principles included at President Bush's insistence.
*Federal spending on education has increased nearly 40 percent under President Bush.
*Pell Grant funding nearly doubled during the Administration, which is expected to help more than
5.5 million students attend college in the 2008-09 school year, 1.2 million more students than
were assisted by Pell Grants in the 2001-02 school year.

Myth 3 and 4: The President's "go it alone" foreign policy ruined America's standing in the world and The war in Iraq caused us to "take our eye off the ball" in Afghanistan and with al Qaeda.
*The United States acted with a multilateral coalition of partner nations to remove Saddam
Hussein from power in Iraq after he failed to comply with the will of the international
community, including numerous United Nations Security Council Resolutions.
*In Afghanistan, approximately forty countries are currently deployed with American forces,
including every one of our NATO allies.
*The President also created a worldwide coalition of more than 90 nations to combat terrorist
networks by sharing information, drying up their financing, and bringing their leaders to justice.
Furthermore, the Administration established the Proliferation Security Initiative, which now
includes more than 90 nations.
*The President successfully pushed for expanding NATO membership, generated international
pressure on Iran to stop it from developing nuclear weapons, and organized the Six-Party
Talks, which have resulted in North Korea committing to give up its nuclear weapons and
abandon its nuclear programs.
*The United States has provided nearly $32 billion for security, political, and economic
development assistance and the international community has provided more than $55 billion to
Afghanistan since 2001.

Myth 5: This Administration has been bad for the environment and ignored the problem of global warming.
*From 2001 to 2007, air pollution decreased by 12 percent, and fine particulate matter pollution
is down 17 percent since 2001. Ethanol production quadrupled from 1.6 billion gallons in 2000 to
6.5 billion gallons in 2007, wind energy production has increased by more than 400 percent,
and solar energy capacity has doubled. In 2007, solar installations increased more than 32
percent and the U.S. produced 96 percent more biodiesel (490 million gallons) than in 2006. The
Administration also provided nearly $18 billion to research, develop, and promote alternative
and more efficient energy technologies such as biofuels, solar, wind, clean coal, nuclear, and
hydrogen.
*This Administration has improved and protected the health of more than 27 million acres of
Federal forest and grasslands, protected, restored, and improved more than three million acres
of wetlands, and established the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, the world's
largest fully protected marine conservation area (nearly 140,000 square miles).
*This administration has invested more than $44 billion in climate change-related programs.

And one last fact: Our homeland has not suffered another terrorist attack since September 11, 2001. That, too, is part of the real Bush record.

This next part is from a comment posted to the blog.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009 it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, the start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!!!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOS! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac????

OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie???

OBAMA and the Democratic Congress

So when some one tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving.
Great article! It's about time the FACTS came out. The day will come when we see the "facts" on this administration, and it will shame any and all that voted for him.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned
 
MOSFET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
Clinton didn't create shit. He happened to be in office during the dot boom.
MOSFET is offline  
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I'm a fucktard
Lose the caps, attention whore. All ypu accomplish is to make yourself look stupid, which you may or may not be.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:35 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Great article! It's about time the FACTS came out. The day will come when we see the "facts" on this administration, and it will shame any and all that voted for him.







Wanna wager that Obama ends up creating more than the 3 million jobs that Bush did in 8 years if he gets relected ?


Of course he may have to double the national debt like bush did to do it.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Your little-boy all-caps posts go unread from this end, fucktard, so keep deluding yourself that you matter here. At least you provide the valuable service of being a laughingstock at your own expense though, so do continue.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Lose the caps, attention whore. All ypu accomplish is to make yourself look stupid, which you may or may not be.


They are for blind ignorant sheep like you who can't grasp FACTS in regular print.



You are the perfect republicunt, ignorant and easily led by lies.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Happy to see you getting upset, attention whore, and doing like I told you.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:56 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Figures never lie
And republicunts never figure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	donthitmewiththosefacts.gif
Views:	271
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	99886  

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:23 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Figures never lie
And republicunts never figure
Love how your bar graph goes hand in hand with this statement from the Op's post.

"January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress"
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Wanna wager that Obama ends up creating more than the 3 million jobs that Bush did in 8 years if he gets relected ?


Of course he may have to double the national debt like bush did to do it.
Why does he have to get re-elected to create jobs? Why didn't he do it the first term? Do you believe this faction currently in office "created or saved" 1.8 million jobs from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act atrocity? Talk about horseshit! These folks are twisting reality and spinning webs of deceit faster than anyone ever before.
Hass is offline  
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Your little-boy all-caps posts go unread from this end, fucktard, so keep deluding yourself that you matter here. At least you provide the valuable service of being a laughingstock at your own expense though, so do continue.
The more the lib trash are exposed as the frauds they are, the more flamboyant their supporters like bullet will become. Look for more idiocy in the near future.
Hass is offline  
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
Love how your bar graph goes hand in hand with this statement from the Op's post.

"January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress"


That would be a valid point



but


Are you going to give the same democrap congress the credit for the job creation since Jan 2009 ?
I guess you could argue it's obamas spending that created that but why did bush's still have that decline with all of his tax credits/ stimulus?

Seems to me if they were at fault then jobs would have continued to decline.




Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Why does he have to get re-elected to create jobs? Why didn't he do it the first term? Do you believe this faction currently in office "created or saved" 1.8 million jobs from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act atrocity? Talk about horseshit! These folks are twisting reality and spinning webs of deceit faster than anyone ever before.

Really and truly I don't think they know what the hell is going on so they just keep throwing debt financed money at the problem and hoping things get better.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Really and truly I don't think they know what the hell is going on so they just keep throwing debt financed money at the problem and hoping things get better.
Well then how in the world do you expect bama to create more than 3 million jobs if we can't believe their claims of jobs saved right now and we've established that they don't know what the hell they are doing?
Hass is offline  
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
That would be a valid point



but


Are you going to give the same democrap congress the credit for the job creation since Jan 2009 ?
I guess you could argue it's obamas spending that created that but why did bush's still have that decline with all of his tax credits/ stimulus?

Seems to me if they were at fault then jobs would have continued to decline.



WTF are you talking about did you look at your on graph? There has only been 1 month of job growth since Jan 2009. You keep taking those acid hits dude.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
The more the lib trash are exposed as the frauds they are, the more flamboyant their supporters like bullet will become. Look for more idiocy in the near future.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
My avatar and sig are just BS to stir the pot and try to get someone worthy of debating facts.

So far I have not found a challenge on this board.


I voted for Ron Paul so according to palidin I am a RP nuthugger.



Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
WTF are you talking about did you look at your on graph? There has only been 1 month of job growth since Jan 2009. You keep taking those acid hits dude.







Is it really that hard of chart for you to understand?


Job losses stopped declining in jan 2009


The poster argues that the democrap congress is responsible for job loss but if you look at the chart the democraps are still are in control and the only FACT that changed was the president.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Well then how in the world do you expect bama to create more than 3 million jobs if we can't believe their claims of jobs saved right now and we've established that they don't know what the hell they are doing?


Thru the economic cycle of course !



Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Wanna wager that Obama ends up creating more than the 3 million jobs that Bush did in 8 years if he gets relected ?


Of course he may have to double the national debt like bush did to do it.
You're ignnoring the fact that unemployment has doubled since bush left office. Its great that Obama is creating jobs but what about all the jobs that got axed? Even if he creates 1,000,000,000 jobs, if 1/10 of the employable wokforce stays unemployed he didn't accomplish much.

dustin is offline  
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin View Post
You're ignnoring the fact that unemployment has doubled since bush left office. Its great that Obama is creating jobs but what about all the jobs that got axed? Even if he creates 1,000,000,000 jobs, if 1/10 of the employable wokforce stays unemployed he didn't accomplish much.


Actually it was around 7.7 when bush left office so it did not double like you say.

You are disregarding the fact that unemployment is always a lagging indicator.

Recessions always end long before it bottoms out.

Even if we get 3 million jobs added under him, that is really a poor number compared to the previous recoveries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chart2.png
Views:	110
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	99887  

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Is it really that hard of chart for you to understand?


Job losses stopped declining in jan 2009


The poster argues that the democrap congress is responsible for job loss but if you look at the chart the democraps are still are in control and the only FACT that changed was the president.
You do realize that the chart represents job loss per month right. So your saying that in March of 2009 there was no job loss? Looks to me like there were around 750,000 jobs lost in March of 2009.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Obama might create a few "gub'ment" jobs, and that's it. He doesn't have the savvy or people around him to keep him from being an utter failure.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Lose the caps, attention whore. All ypu accomplish is to make yourself look stupid, which you may or may not be.
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned
 
MOSFET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
That would be a valid point



but


Are you going to give the same democrap congress the credit for the job creation since Jan 2009 ?
I guess you could argue it's obamas spending that created that but why did bush's still have that decline with all of his tax credits/ stimulus?

Seems to me if they were at fault then jobs would have continued to decline.



What job creation? That chart shows job losses all through 2009, with November being an exception. Seasonal, perhaps?

It shows a decline in job losses, but there is still a net loss. You can't conclude that a decline in net job loss is net job creation, unless you don't know how to read charts.
MOSFET is offline  
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:06 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSFET View Post
What job creation? That chart shows job losses all through 2009, with November being an exception. Seasonal, perhaps?

It shows a decline in job losses, but there is still a net loss. You can't conclude that a decline in net job loss is net job creation, unless you don't know how to read charts.

The chart does not lie. Fewer jobs are being lost period and the trend shows the losses are getting smaller. That is my definition of an improving job market. Baby steps my friend. You can't expect the nator to fix 8 years of corruption, looting and damn near bankruptcy of the American economy overnight.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration
... and that had everything to do with Slick Willie's infinite wisdom of job creating prowess and absolutely nothing to do with the dot com explosion...
AL GORE CREATED THE INTERNET! FACT!

SS Junk is offline  
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The chart does not lie. Fewer jobs are being lost period and the trend shows the losses are getting smaller. That is my definition of an improving job market. Baby steps my friend. You can't expect the nator to fix 8 years of corruption, looting and damn near bankruptcy of the American economy overnight.
I like how this somehow means "Job Creation"

Explain how this weeks first time Jobless Numbers jump 12k to 465k is job creation while you're on such a roll.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Athens, TX
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The chart does not lie. Fewer jobs are being lost period and the trend shows the losses are getting smaller. That is my definition of an improving job market. Baby steps my friend. You can't expect the nator to fix 8 years of corruption, looting and damn near bankruptcy of the American economy overnight.
So you are blaming bush again...awesome.

Oh, I am sorry were you talking about the Democrat majority that has been in control that entire time?

If so, Kudos for finally making it to the discussion.
Noshine4mine is offline  
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The chart does not lie. Fewer jobs are being lost period and the trend shows the losses are getting smaller. That is my definition of an improving job market. Baby steps my friend. You can't expect the nator to fix 8 years of corruption, looting and damn near bankruptcy of the American economy overnight.
Oh, are you talking about the time when unemployment was sub 5% and liberals were all over the internet crying about how the number was bullshit and things were much worse.

How much worse are these numbers right now, liberal?

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Can anyone explain with facts why everytime a republicunt gets elected president, we enter a recession and the unemployment rates doubles?

Interesting how the highest unemployment rates ever, always happened with the gop in the white house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmmm.png
Views:	96
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	99894  

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:24 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Someone tries too hard to pretend they're just BSing. LOL

90GT50 is offline  
post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
BULLET,

Take a close look at your measly bar graph and notice that it starts when Democrats to over congress! Get a graph that show from when Bush first came into office, you jackass.

When Bush first came into office, the unemployment rate went up to about 6% while all of his policies were getting set in and adjusted. Steady from 2004 to 2007/08, the unemployment rate dropped to 4.5%.

So under Bush, it went from 4.2%, to a high of 6%, then it went back down to 4.5% just as Democrats came into office. From 08-09, it spiked 3% with Democrats in congress! It has gone up another 2-4% arguably under Obama. So, what do you think will happen when Conservative policy comes into effect and the wasteful Democratic spending comes to a halt?

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smithville
Posts: 1,993
yooooohooooo!

the problem is washington as a whole.

your bitching back and forth about dems/reps.

the issue at hand is the us goverment.

if you pick a side (rep/dem) your still on the wrong side.

neither side gives a shit what the people say.thats the fucked thruth of it all.

RON PAUL '08
fast83 is offline  
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The chart does not lie. Fewer jobs are being lost period and the trend shows the losses are getting smaller. That is my definition of an improving job market. Baby steps my friend. You can't expect the nator to fix 8 years of corruption, looting and damn near bankruptcy of the American economy overnight.

All the chart is indicating is that businesses are streamlining jobs, trying to survive.


Fewer jobs are being lost because there's fewer jobs to lose, you douchebag.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
yooooohooooo!

the problem is washington as a whole.

your bitching back and forth about dems/reps.

the issue at hand is the us goverment.

if you pick a side (rep/dem) your still on the wrong side.

neither side gives a shit what the people say.thats the fucked thruth of it all.

And both parties spend like drunken sailors.




Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
BULLET,

Take a close look at your measly bar graph and notice that it starts when Democrats to over congress! Get a graph that show from when Bush first came into office, you jackass.

When Bush first came into office, the unemployment rate went up to about 6% while all of his policies were getting set in and adjusted. Steady from 2004 to 2007/08, the unemployment rate dropped to 4.5%.

So under Bush, it went from 4.2%, to a high of 6%, then it went back down to 4.5% just as Democrats came into office. From 08-09, it spiked 3% with Democrats in congress! It has gone up another 2-4% arguably under Obama. So, what do you think will happen when Conservative policy comes into effect and the wasteful Democratic spending comes to a halt?

Conservative policy ?

What a crock of shit.


Who controlled congress from Nov 2002 to jan 2007 ?



And with that republican controlled congress the national debt went from 6.2 trillion to 8.6, only a 40% increase by those conservative republicants.


Feel free to check the numbers


http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np



"Reagan proved deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS

Last edited by bullet; 09-23-2010 at 09:29 PM.
bullet is offline  
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
And both parties spend like drunken sailors.



Truth.
slow99 is offline  
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
http://brucehough.blogspot.com/2009/...-george-w.html

Remember the day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!!!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOS! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac????

OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie???

OBAMA and the Democratic Congress

So when some one tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving.



For my friend Vertnut.





More FACTS for the sheep with amnesia.



"Ironically, this is the period in which I and my Democratic colleagues actually did possess the magical power needed to make real change in Washington -- we became the majority party. In March 2007, just two months after I became the Chairman of the Financial Services Committee for the first time, I moved quickly to forge a bill which would regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The bill passed the House in May, with all 223 Democrats voting for it, and 103 Republicans voting against it. President Bush later signed that legislation into law.

Later in 2007, I introduced legislation to restrict subprime mortgages. The bill passed the Financial Services Committee and the House, but it did not pass the Senate, where because of the filibuster rule, the Republican minority actually does have the power to hobble the majority. The bill passed the full House with all 227 Democrats and 64 Republicans voting for it, and 127 Republicans voting against.Ironically, those Republicans who now attack me most viciously and whose memories are the most impaired were among those who voted against both bills.""Meanwhile, President Bush himself demanded that Fannie and Freddie increase the percentage of subprime loans they purchased, supposedly because of his belief in an "ownership society." Incidentally, increased lending to subprime borrowers would also fuel astronomical profits by the financial services industry. I publicly opposed giving mortgages to unqualified borrowers because I believed that some families are better off renting."



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-ba..._b_176538.html

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS

Last edited by bullet; 09-23-2010 at 10:18 PM.
bullet is offline  
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
For my friend Vertnut.





More FACTS for the sheep with amnesia.



"Ironically, this is the period in which I and my Democratic colleagues actually did possess the magical power needed to make real change in Washington -- we became the majority party. In March 2007, just two months after I became the Chairman of the Financial Services Committee for the first time, I moved quickly to forge a bill which would regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The bill passed the House in May, with all 223 Democrats voting for it, and 103 Republicans voting against it. President Bush later signed that legislation into law.

Later in 2007, I introduced legislation to restrict subprime mortgages. The bill passed the Financial Services Committee and the House, but it did not pass the Senate, where because of the filibuster rule, the Republican minority actually does have the power to hobble the majority. The bill passed the full House with all 227 Democrats and 64 Republicans voting for it, and 127 Republicans voting against.Ironically, those Republicans who now attack me most viciously and whose memories are the most impaired were among those who voted against both bills.""Meanwhile, President Bush himself demanded that Fannie and Freddie increase the percentage of subprime loans they purchased, supposedly because of his belief in an "ownership society." Incidentally, increased lending to subprime borrowers would also fuel astronomical profits by the financial services industry. I publicly opposed giving mortgages to unqualified borrowers because I believed that some families are better off renting."



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-ba..._b_176538.html
"Huffington Post"...LMAO!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
"Huffington Post"...LMAO!

To help your amnesia grandpa




http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:H.R.1427:



http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...0:HR03915:@@@P







But in 2003 he said he did not see a problem!!!!!!!!



But then something changed.



"I changed those views when the Bush Administration changed what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were doing. I did believe that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should be used to build affordable rental housing. When I said affordable housing there, it's the terms that we used then, I was talking about rental housing. I had been critical of the push for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to buy up sub-prime mortgages and in 2003, I did not see a crisis. Of course, I will tell you, I didn't see a crisis with Lehman Brothers or AIG. I did not perceive the crisis as much as it was. I think it was encouraged and brought about by sub-prime lending.
And here's the sequence. The year after I said that, 2004, the Bush Administration ordered Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac significantly to increase the number of mortgages they bought issued to low income people. I criticized that at the time in 2004. There's another quote that doesn't get mentioned as much in Bloomberg saying, [B]"This is bad for the borrowers and it's bad for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." We couldn't overrule that. The Bush Administration put in a significant increase in the number of low income mortgages. In fact, one of the Republican members of the Committee put an amendment in on history which specifically mentioned that 2004 decision by the Bush Administration. The Republicans controlled Congress. They didn't let us stop it.[/B]
Once that happened, I did agree that we needed to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I should note, by the way, that during the period, 2003, I was in the minority. I was a Democrat in a Congress controlled by Tom DeLay, so no, I didn't really have the power to decide that. The Republicans during their 12 years of control did nothing to deal with it. In 2005, though, I will say this. In 2003 I didn't see a crisis. In 2004 I was critical of them pushing into those sub-prime loans. We did two things. First, Democrats tried to restrict sub-prime loans. The Republicans wouldn't entertain the bill and Greenspan wouldn't use his authority to do it. Secondly, I joined the Republican Chairman of the Committee then, Mike Oxley, in trying to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.Now, I voted in Committee for a bill in 2005 to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I was in the minority, remember. This was a Republican Congress. The bill passed the Committee. It went to the floor. At that point, the Republican leadership ordered Oxley to put in an amendment that cut out affordable rental housing. I voted against the bill because of that, but I was still for the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac regulation. But here's the point. This is a Republican Congress. The Republican Congress in 2005 with my support passes out of Committee a bill to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the House. It goes to the Senate and the Bush Administration tells the Senate Republicans who control the Senate that they don't like what the House Republicans did. So the bill then dies because of a fight between the House Republicans and the Senate Republicans. I joined Oxley in writing to the Senate Republicans and saying, "Please pass our Regulatory Bill."
And so again, we're talking about Republican control of Congress. Mike Oxley, the
republican Chairman of the Committee, the man who gave his name to Sarbanes-Oxley, said the reason they didn't get Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac regulation that year was that the Bush Administration blocked it and he said that he got a one finger salute from George Bush.
This was quoted in the Financial Times, and that's what blocked it. The Secretary of the Treasury at the time, John Snow, agreed with Oxley that it was a good bill. But the more conservative Republicans, I think, they were opposed to any kind of housing help, so it died."

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
I just don't get (or care about) the post. The Dems told Dubya (through a multitude of lies) that Fannie abd Freddie were good. He acted on the info. I don't know what you want.

Why don't you focus on who is leading this country right now? You live in the past on this forum, which cannot be changed. Do you support this current Democratic regime? That's all I care about...

And I've your "grandpa" swingin'.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Note that the attention whore lib is too ashamed to use caps any more since I ridiculed him about it, LOL.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Note that the attention whore lib is too ashamed to use caps any more since I ridiculed him about it, LOL.
He also never responds to what's going on RIGHT NOW. How far back do we go? JFK/LBJ with Viet Nam? FDR and all the entitlement programs that we are trying to pay for now? Where does it end? What matters most is what is currently going on in the government.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:56 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Note that the attention whore lib is too ashamed to use caps any more since I ridiculed him about it, LOL.
There always will be a couple of retards in every group. In wildlife they are conisdered as food for predators, in politics they are liberals. Either way they are good for the rest of the group.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
There always will be a couple of retards in every group. In wildlife they are conisdered as food for predators, in politics they are liberals. Either way they are good for the rest of the group.
The funniest part is that Jimmy Carter (who is kryptonite to any dem) trumps all the Rep POTUS's screw-ups put together, at least until now. Adolph Obama has set back the democratic party for 50 years. He's basically Carter's second term. Like Carter, he will be the best thing that ever happened to pull the country back to its' conservative roots.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:38 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The funniest part is that Jimmy Carter (who is kryptonite to any dem) trumps all the Rep POTUS's screw-ups put together, at least until now. Adolph Obama has set back the democratic party for 50 years. He's basically Carter's second term. Like Carter, he will be the best thing that ever happened to pull the country back to its' conservative roots.
In my opinion an extremely conservative all powerful government is just as bad as what we have right now. We need a two party system with nearly equal power on each side and under no circumstance should one party be strong enough to over ride a presidential veto or filibuster by voting on party lines.

You need ideas from both sides that can be debated and eventually come to a compromise for government to truly be for the people. Small swings in either direction are fine as long as the pendulum eventually goes the other way, the problem we have now though is that the left is so powerful that they can silence the right and do what they want. Come next election it'll probably swing hard the other way and the right will spend all their time trying to clean up everything that's happened the last two years, meaning in reality the government will still be very left. Of course voters won't realize it and they'll vote in a bunch of liberals again and the cycle will repeat itself all over again.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Can anyone explain with facts why everytime a republicunt gets elected president, we enter a recession and the unemployment rates doubles?

Interesting how the highest unemployment rates ever, always happened with the gop in the white house.
I hate to repeatedly point out the obvious but it is probably because the Democrats have controlled Congress in the vast majority of terms where a Republican has been president for the past fifty years.

Thanks to this latest Congress, we all know who passes horseshit legislation.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I just don't get (or care about) the post. The Dems told Dubya (through a multitude of lies) that Fannie abd Freddie were good. He acted on the info. I don't know what you want.

Why don't you focus on who is leading this country right now? You live in the past on this forum, which cannot be changed. Do you support this current Democratic regime? That's all I care about...

And I've your "grandpa" swingin'.

Yes that was what the dems answer was in early 2003. But in late 2003 BUSH made this law

"One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is getting money for a downpayment. This administration has recognized that, and so today I'm honored to be here to sign a law that will help many low-income buyers to overcome that hurdle and to achieve an important part of the American Dream. "


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=64935



which gave high risk people a way to get a mortgage and he started pushing fannie and freddie to make more riskier loans.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
attention whore, bullet ignores the facts, bush sodomized bullet, bushbankruptedyour401k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome