Any Glen Beck fans? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,163
Any Glen Beck fans?

No, I'm not a liberal. I'm just an American looking for the truth.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.granddelusion.com/glenn-beck/


BTW, I stopped listening to GB a long time ago. I caught him telling half truths. And I do not need some one miss-leading me in any direction. Every since then I put him in a category of % truth tellers. Although he tells a higher % than liberal news. Any % other than 100% is a lie.



All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
tazz007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
I agree with a lot of the info in the article. Beck leaves out the whole truth which just shows he's an establishment shill. He hit the nail on the head with the truth won't be televised comment, but most people just can't fathom that. Everything the media tells us is designed to make us think one way or another. There's psychological warfare being used on us every single day through the TV.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:40 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
I'm not a Beck fan and I don't know if he leaves out the truth or not, but the author's arguments are pretty weak. The author contends that since Beck doesn't believe a 9/11 conspiracy took place, he's hiding the truth. I thought the beginning of the article was pure horseshit when he spoke of watching Beck all the time and being a big fan.
stinginstang is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
I'm not a Beck fan and I don't know if he leaves out the truth or not, but the author's arguments are pretty weak. The author contends that since Beck doesn't believe a 9/11 conspiracy took place, he's hiding the truth. I thought the beginning of the article was pure horseshit when he spoke of watching Beck all the time and being a big fan.
9/11 was not the only argument, just one of them. That part was not to make you believe in the government conspiracy or the peoples conspiracy.



All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
tazz007 is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
He is a fear mongering dick head. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
He is a fear mongering dick head. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
So define fear mongering for us please.

Is the guy telling you, your house is on fire, and you need to get out, is he fear mongering? (And it really is on fire)

Or is it the guy telling you the boogie man is real, and at your back door, but has no proof of it?

Please enlighten us of your definition of "fear mongering"


The reason I ask, GB is a % truth teller, but I have looked up a lot of what he is saying. And there is proof of what he is saying. And to be honest, you should be afraid. Assuming you bothered to look up anything he has said, and not just dismissed it because you just don't believe it. But surly you would not do that, because that's just down right arrogant. And you should also find out what he is not telling you. Try it some time, you just might be surprised at what you find.



All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
tazz007 is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
So define fear mongering for us please.

Is the guy telling you, your house is on fire, and you need to get out, is he fear mongering? (And it really is on fire)

Or is it the guy telling you the boogie man is real, and at your back door, but has no proof of it?

Please enlighten us of your definition of "fear mongering"


The reason I ask, GB is a % truth teller, but I have looked up a lot of what he is saying. And there is proof of what he is saying. And to be honest, you should be afraid. Assuming you bothered to look up anything he has said, and not just dismissed it because you just don't believe it. But surly you would not do that, because that's just down right arrogant. And you should also find out what he is not telling you. Try it some time, you just might be surprised at what you find.

He tells everyone to buy gold, as gold is the only surefire investment, all while being on the goldline payroll. He is an uneducated dickweed and quotes history as if it were written in pencil. He incites neocons to stand up against a government that plays off of fear, when he himself claims that "fear and hunger are ahead of us". One day we are Soviet Russia, the next we are the Wiemar Republic. His audience (poorly educated, white christian-conservatives) exists off of the very message Beck sells which is fear and hatred. Beck simply takes current events and re-packages them to fit the narrative while getting extremely rich in the process. I suspect he hardly believes any of the nonsense that gets the teabaggers riled up but greatly appreciates how easily their buttons are pushed.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Lifer
 
mustang87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in the past
Posts: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
no, i'm not a liberal. I'm just an american looking for the truth.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.granddelusion.com/glenn-beck/


btw, i stopped listening to gb a long time ago. I caught him telling half truths. And i do not need some one miss-leading me in any direction. Every since then i put him in a category of % truth tellers. Although he tells a higher % than liberal news. Any % other than 100% is a lie.
no

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS ~ FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.
IN GOD WE TRUST
mustang87 is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
I used to listen to him on the radio a few years ago. The difference i see with gb from his early days and now is his show is full of grandstanding. He used to be far better balanced. Anyone that has to grandstand to gain an audience share to me has already lost credibility.
mikeb is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Glenn Beck panders to people with IQs lower than their shoe size. I can't believe people watch that garbage.
talisman is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
I use to watch his show all the time. I even went to one of his road shows here in Houston last year. Over the last year though, his views have started going to complete doom and gloom and I now longer watch him.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
9/11 was not the only argument, just one of them. That part was not to make you believe in the government conspiracy or the peoples conspiracy.
I know - he's saying GB is a half truth teller because he doesn't believe in a conspiracy. His other argument is that the father of George Bush (the first) helped get Hitler into power.

All I'm saying is the guy who wrote that is full of shit. There are many reasons to dislike GB but I didn't read anything that I thought was valid or credible in the article.
stinginstang is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
I know - he's saying GB is a half truth teller because he doesn't believe in a conspiracy. His other argument is that the father of George Bush (the first) helped get Hitler into power.

All I'm saying is the guy who wrote that is full of shit. There are many reasons to dislike GB but I didn't read anything that I thought was valid or credible in the article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004...secondworldwar

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I watch Beck on a regular basis. While I will not get into half truths or what he makes up, one thing is very clear. No one has yet to step and directly challenge his claims. The White House simply tries to discredit him directly and when that doesn't work they use their media sources and bloggers to do it for them. If all else fails, they will go after his sponsors and try to apply pressure on them so they will cut his funding which will basically put him out of business and thus be forced to go away.

When and if someone decides to call him down on the things he says instead of trying to discredit him, I will gladly listen to both sides of the debate and try to come up with my own conclusion.
thesource is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:16 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I watch Beck on a regular basis. While I will not get into half truths or what he makes up, one thing is very clear. No one has yet to step and directly challenge his claims. The White House simply tries to discredit him directly and when that doesn't work they use their media sources and bloggers to do it for them. If all else fails, they will go after his sponsors and try to apply pressure on them so they will cut his funding which will basically put him out of business and thus be forced to go away.

When and if someone decides to call him down on the things he says instead of trying to discredit him, I will gladly listen to both sides of the debate and try to come up with my own conclusion.


The guy claims he speaks to God directly. Would you have spent a lot of time bothering to try and discredit David Koresh, or could you just tell he was a whack job the first time he opened his mouth?
talisman is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I watch Beck on a regular basis. While I will not get into half truths or what he makes up, one thing is very clear. No one has yet to step and directly challenge his claims. The White House simply tries to discredit him directly and when that doesn't work they use their media sources and bloggers to do it for them. If all else fails, they will go after his sponsors and try to apply pressure on them so they will cut his funding which will basically put him out of business and thus be forced to go away.

When and if someone decides to call him down on the things he says instead of trying to discredit him, I will gladly listen to both sides of the debate and try to come up with my own conclusion.

This. He's done more investigative journalism than the entire Mainstream Media combined, and until that changes I will continue to watch him simply for that fact alone....
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:21 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
The guy claims he speaks to God directly. Would you have spent a lot of time bothering to try and discredit David Koresh, or could you just tell he was a whack job the first time he opened his mouth?
The vast majority of people that watch him are for the reason I just stated. I couldn't care less what the man's beliefs are, as long as the guy breaks news that real Journalists are either too scared or to enamored with Obamessiah to break themselves.

Attack the man's facts and discredit him by proving his stories wrong. You sound like every talking head on MSNBC by totally ignoring those and attacking his character.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The hooker Hotel
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
I would and he doesn't even need to be on fire. Open wide Becky.

The humor in his books is OK but I can't stand the sound of his voice.

Rule#2 Double Tap
svo855 is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(poorly educated, white christian-conservatives
This kind of labeling will be a big help in exposing liberalism for what it really is, and will assist in its eventual abandonment. What if I'm a well educated, white christian conservative? What then? Or what if I'm just a christian conservative, and not white? Or what if I'm well educated, white, atheist, conservative? Or a poorly educated atheist conservative? Beck may be a creep but he speaks to a lot more people than you give him credit for.

Me personally though, I watched beck once and that was enough. I won't be watching him again. The half truths thing was a big part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The hooker Hotel
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
The guy claims he speaks to God directly. Would you have spent a lot of time bothering to try and discredit David Koresh, or could you just tell he was a whack job the first time he opened his mouth?
Every person who is a christian will claim to speak to god directly; it's called prayer.

When they claim that god is answering them directly is when you should start to worry.

Rule#2 Double Tap
svo855 is offline  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post

When they claim that god is answering them directly is when you should start to worry.


Isn't that the entire basis of his "The Plan?"
talisman is offline  
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:06 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
The vast majority of people that watch him are for the reason I just stated. I couldn't care less what the man's beliefs are, as long as the guy breaks news that real Journalists are either too scared or to enamored with Obamessiah to break themselves.

Attack the man's facts and discredit him by proving his stories wrong. You sound like every talking head on MSNBC by totally ignoring those and attacking his character.


Character is what I base my opinion of everyone on. If I think you're a fucking nut, why would I give a shit what you have to say about anything else?
talisman is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The hooker Hotel
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Isn't that the entire basis of his "The Plan?"
You got me dude; I stopped listening to him sometime ago.

Rule#2 Double Tap
svo855 is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
He tells everyone to buy gold, as gold is the only surefire investment, all while being on the goldline payroll. He is an uneducated dickweed and quotes history as if it were written in pencil. He incites neocons to stand up against a government that plays off of fear, when he himself claims that "fear and hunger are ahead of us". One day we are Soviet Russia, the next we are the Wiemar Republic. His audience (poorly educated, white christian-conservatives) exists off of the very message Beck sells which is fear and hatred. Beck simply takes current events and re-packages them to fit the narrative while getting extremely rich in the process. I suspect he hardly believes any of the nonsense that gets the teabaggers riled up but greatly appreciates how easily their buttons are pushed.
You just described the news media as a hole, and yet only bad mouth the people at least trying to point out the flaws in politics. Gee, I wounder why. Are you a communist?



All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
tazz007 is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
I know - he's saying GB is a half truth teller because he doesn't believe in a conspiracy. His other argument is that the father of George Bush (the first) helped get Hitler into power.

All I'm saying is the guy who wrote that is full of shit. There are many reasons to dislike GB but I didn't read anything that I thought was valid or credible in the article.

OK that is a valid debate. So before I ask you any real questions, have you personally looked into the subject?



All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
tazz007 is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
You just described the news media as a hole...
Did I? As a hole you say?
DOHCTR is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Did I? As a hole you say?


In all fairness, they are a bunch of ".....holes."
talisman is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
I am a white, well-educated, atheist conservative and I watch Beck on occasion. Of course I am not naive or ignorant enough to believe everything he says is fact, but he does have some valid points and isnt afraid to buck the establishment. It is comic relief in the least. Oh, and my IQ is over 140.
davbrucas is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
I am a white, well-educated, atheist conservative and I watch Beck on occasion. Of course I am not naive or ignorant enough to believe everything he says is fact, but he does have some valid points and isnt afraid to buck the establishment. It is comic relief in the least. Oh, and my IQ is over 140.

Your feet are fucking huge then!!
slow99 is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
I thought he was a pretty reasonable person when he was originally on the radio. But at some point after going onto TV, he became a liar. I no longer give him any of my attention.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
OK that is a valid debate. So before I ask you any real questions, have you personally looked into the subject?
Not entirely. But if he's making the argument that the eldest Bush helped get the Nazi's in power but he fails to mention that his German partner (Thyssen) was arrested by the Nazi's for disagreeing with Hitler's genocide - then the author himself is a half truth teller.
stinginstang is offline  
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The hooker Hotel
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
Not entirely. But if he's making the argument that the eldest Bush helped get the Nazi's in power but he fails to mention that his German partner (Thyssen) was arrested by the Nazi's for disagreeing with Hitler's genocide - then the author himself is a half truth teller.
A lot of people is the USA liked Hitler before he started a 2 front ground war in Europe. He was really looked up to by many big names here in the states; Henry Ford, and Charles Lindbergh come to mind. Hind sight is always 20/20 and the folks who liked Hitler early on didn't like or support him after the fighting started.

Rule#2 Double Tap

Last edited by svo855; 09-20-2010 at 02:33 PM.
svo855 is offline  
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
A lot of people is the USA liked Hitler before he started a 2 front ground war is Europe. He was really looked up to by many big names here in the states; Henry Ford, and Charles Lindbergh come to mind. Hind sight is always 20/20 and the folks who liked Hitler early on didn't like or support him after the fighting started.
Kind of like Obama before and after election...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned
 
sig239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: N. Richland Hill TX
Posts: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
He tells everyone to buy gold, as gold is the only surefire investment, all while being on the goldline payroll. He is an uneducated dickweed and quotes history as if it were written in pencil. He incites neocons to stand up against a government that plays off of fear, when he himself claims that "fear and hunger are ahead of us". One day we are Soviet Russia, the next we are the Wiemar Republic. His audience (poorly educated, white christian-conservatives) exists off of the very message Beck sells which is fear and hatred. Beck simply takes current events and re-packages them to fit the narrative while getting extremely rich in the process. I suspect he hardly believes any of the nonsense that gets the teabaggers riled up but greatly appreciates how easily their buttons are pushed.
I like him because he pisses off the liberals, Thats a + in my book. I don't care what he says don't watch his show, but he sure can make the left jump.
sig239 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome