Bush tax policy good now - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Bush tax policy good now

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42283.html

For years we hear about how the Bush tax cuts were evil. Now they want to extend them. The tea party has the democrats moving right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Lifer

Obama knows that if he doesnt any hope of companies starting to hire again will deminish. Only a moron would raise taxes in the middle of a huge economic downturn. Ge the economy rolling first then work on the deficit.

98 Brokra
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Lifer

Politics pure and simple....obammy wants/needs to get his democrat nuthuggers in Congress re-elected.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
Ge the economy rolling first then work on the deficit.

That failed strategy has not worked since 1981.

Why do you want to keep digging the hole deeper and deeper ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Lifer

You know it's got to tear his nuts out to be in the shadow of Dubya. The "surge" in Iraq worked, and now he's got to admit that the tax cuts work. There's "Fail" written all over this presidency...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
That failed strategy has not worked since 1981.

Why do you want to keep digging the hole deeper and deeper ?
I dont think you really have a choice. The uneployment rate is high 1 in 7 now live in poverty and now your gonna add more taxes to those that create jobs?

98 Brokra
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
I dont think you really have a choice. The uneployment rate is high 1 in 7 now live in poverty and now your gonna add more taxes to those that create jobs?

Supply side economics has never worked once in the past 30 years.

All it has done is increased the national debt 8 trillion dollars since 1981 excluding all debt before 1981 and all debt accrued under every democrap pres since then.

Demand creates jobs.

Until that increases you can cut small business taxes to zero but you are not going to convince business owners to hire if the demand for the product/service is not there to support the hiring no matter how much money you throw at them.

No business owner sits around wanting to hire more employees just because taxes are lower. They would rather keep that extra money for themselves than waste in on unneeded employees who are not helping to increase their bottom line.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:

All it has done is increased the national debt 8 trillion dollars since 1981 excluding all debt before 1981 and all debt accrued under every democrap pres since then.

Demand creates jobs.

Until that increases you can cut small business taxes to zero but you are not going to convince business owners to hire if the demand for the product/service is not there to support the hiring no matter how much money you throw at them.

No business owner sits around wanting to hire more employees just because taxes are lower. They would rather keep that extra money for themselves than waste in on unneeded employees who are not helping to increase their bottom line.

That's absolutely a factor. To reduce it to the only factor does the discussion a disservice. My mom runs two small businesses, and is about to start working for a third, and all of her costs determine the levels of service she can provide, and how she can put labor in place to make those services happen.

Give me a dollar.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Politics pure and simple....obammy wants/needs to get his democrat nuthuggers in Congress re-elected.
This. All the Stimuluses have produced zero results. The Dems are being "forced" to admit they didn't work, and this is the only leverage they have.

Quote:

Demand creates jobs.

This is why Obama's dumbass Tax Credit for hiring people didn't work. No one is going to just hire somebody for the sake of a tax credit. Businesses need a reason, ergo needs somebody to do the work because of more demand. If the business has output = demand, then there's no reason to hire more. This is what liberals don't get. They seem to think that businesses are here to give a person a job when in fact, businesses are here to make money. Giving someone a job is just a way for the business make money. Businesses don't give jobs just for the sake of giving jobs out.
Quote:
You're right. But less taxes means lower operating costs and more capital available to them. They can thus invest in ways to make their product cheaper/faster so they can earn more money. The plus side of this, a lower cost product could increase demand as it would mean more people can afford it/buy more.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Lifer

This is another problem that term limits would probably solve. These long term politicians keep going back and forth changing their core values to get re-elected instead of doing what they know or think is the right thing to do for their constituents.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Worship me

Quote:

Demand creates jobs.

I've never read a news story on how my taxes have increased and ran out to buy anything either.

Fact is SPENDING is the issue. You can do whatever you want but the tax and spend by the government has to stop.

As to the original topic, yes, it is funny how all of a sudden these tax cuts that we couldn't afford are what we should do. These fucking liars will say anything to keep their jobs.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 04:48 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I've never read a news story on how my taxes have increased and ran out to buy anything either.

Fact is SPENDING is the issue. You can do whatever you want but the tax and spend by the government has to stop.

As to the original topic, yes, it is funny how all of a sudden these tax cuts that we couldn't afford are what we should do. These fucking liars will say anything to keep their jobs.

Spending that in the past was caused by loose lending.

The entire growth of the last decade was smoke and mirrors created mostly by debt.

Now that is gone and we are back to reality and a stagnant economy.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Time Served

I think I am getting a headache just reading all this...

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Another lame attempt to spare themselves from the chopping block. Too little, too late, democrats. The ban hammer's a comin'. I can't wait till november.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement