School trip to Mosque - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

School trip to Mosque

http://www.peaceandtolerance.org/ind...ents&Itemid=39

Really? What happened to that separation of church and state libs are always screaming about? Teaching children lies about Islam and making them bow towards Mecca? on our dime?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Today, Americans for Peace and Tolerance released a video showing 6th graders from Wellesley, MA as they rise from prostrating themselves alongside Muslim men in a prayer to Allah while on a public school field trip to the largest mosque in the Northeast. Teachers did not intervene. Parents have not been told.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer

I'm not going to say too much, other than I honestly wonder what the reactions would be (media, parent, DFWS) if they had taken them to a Buddhist Temple or a Christian Church.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Today, Americans for Peace and Tolerance released a video showing 6th graders from Wellesley, MA as they rise from prostrating themselves alongside Muslim men in a prayer to Allah while on a public school field trip to the largest mosque in the Northeast. Teachers did not intervene. Parents have not been told.
It's okay to lie of you are islamic. Their black rock told them it's okay through their illiterate prophet Muhammad.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Time Served

It's one thing to visit in the interest of learning. It's another thing entirely to partake in a religious ritual. If there was a Muslim school kid who was forced to take communion, this would be headline news on CNN. The liberals would be in an uproar that this poor kid had to drink grape juice and eat a cracker.

Religious tolerance is a two-way street - no matter how much we tolerate, they simply don't. And that's why this won't end well for us.

-Darrell

93 Cobra #199

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red95gts View Post
Religious tolerance is a two-way street - no matter how much we tolerate, they simply don't. And that's why this won't end well for us.
That is the sad truth. Their culture and especially their religion preaches intolerance. To paraphrase, "If you ain't muslim, you ain't shit"...in their eyes.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Resident Epicurean

I'm not an overly litigious person, but I'd be suing the school district, state education agency, superintendent, principal, teacher, etc.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Time Served

Quote:
It's one thing to visit in the interest of learning. It's another thing entirely to partake in a religious ritual. If there was a Muslim school kid who was forced to take communion, this would be headline news on CNN. The liberals would be in an uproar that this poor kid had to drink grape juice and eat a cracker.

Couldn't agree more!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

It'll end in a big ass backlash against muslims, I think. In the end I think they are screwing themselves right out of the land of the free. Oh well, on less race that isn't good enough and doesn't deserve to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm not an overly litigious person, but I'd be suing the school district, state education agency, superintendent, principal, teacher, etc.
Same. And you'd likely win. The law says in no uncertain terms that this is against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

And what makes it even better is the fact that the school didn't tell parents this happened
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Exactly....no wonder the parents weren't told.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Lifer

when I was in grade school we had field trips to all kinds of religious places (and I went to a private christian school) I know we visited a jewish temple, a buddhist temple, and I think a hindu place. I dont remember going to a mosque though. I think field trips are good. because its important to understand other religions, why hindus do not eat beef, and why jews dont eat pork, thats important stuff to know if you ever find yourself among people of those cultures. but I dont think they should push the religious aspects on kids that are just on a field trip

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
when I was in grade school we had field trips to all kinds of religious places (and I went to a private christian school) I know we visited a jewish temple, a buddhist temple, and I think a hindu place. I dont remember going to a mosque though. I think field trips are good. because its important to understand other religions, why hindus do not eat beef, and why jews dont eat pork, thats important stuff to know if you ever find yourself among people of those cultures. but I dont think they should push the religious aspects on kids that are just on a field trip
The issue here is that these students attend a public school, an institution where any sort of religious activity is inappropriate according to the libs. I would say bowing to Mecca fits the definition of religious activity.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
I dont think they should push the religious aspects on kids that are just on a field trip
OMG, something I actually agree with you about.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
The issue here is that these students attend a public school, an institution where any sort of religious activity is inappropriate according to the libs. I would say bowing to Mecca fits the definition of religious activity.
even in a public school you can still learn the differences between the cultures in a secular way.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
even in a public school you can still learn the differences between the cultures in a secular way.
In a secular way. Visiting a mosque, is not secular by any means.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
I'm not going to say too much, other than I honestly wonder what the reactions would be (media, parent, DFWS) if they had taken them to a Buddhist Temple or a Christian Church.
Wonder? Hell, you see the reaction when some poor sap tries to pray in school, or before a game, or before a valedictorian speech. Even when Christian clubs meet on school grounds after school there's a stink.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Quote:
bowing to mecca and praying to allah are secular....
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman85turbo View Post
bowing to mecca and praying to allah are secular....
I agree forcing the kids to bow and pray is not right.

you can visit a mosque or any religious site and be secular about it. I have been to the vatican and am not catholic, and many other people of different faiths visit there in a secular way. my point is you can visit places like this in an educational secular manner, and I am OK with that. forcing kids to pray, thats not cool

Last edited by cannonball996; 09-16-2010 at 03:52 PM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

you can visit a mosque or any religious site and be secular about it. I have been to the vatican and am not catholic, and many other people of different faiths visit there in a secular way. my point is you can visit places like this in an educational secular manner, and I am OK with that. forcing kids to pay, thats not cool
Did your school take you to the Vatican and force you to pray? I fail to see the resemblance (parallel)...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Did your school take you to the Vatican and force you to pray? I fail to see the resemblance (parallel)...
of course not, I would not have done that, as you can see I am all for visiting for an educatioal benefit but I am against them forcing the kids to pray.

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
forcing kids to pay, thats not cool
Yeah, they don't have jobs...
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:

you can visit a mosque or any religious site and be secular about it. I have been to the vatican and am not catholic, and many other people of different faiths visit there in a secular way. my point is you can visit places like this in an educational secular manner, and I am OK with that. forcing kids to pray, thats not cool
According to the libs you can't visit a religious site and be secular about it, unless said site happens to currently be Muslim oriented, in which case it's OK to do so in order to not offend people of other cultures.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
of course not, I would not have done that, as you can see I am all for visiting for an educatioal benefit but I am against them forcing the kids to pray.
So now they should go to a cathedral, a babtist church, a buddist monestary, and some guy's cult? I mean that is what you are saying. If you condone one religion, then you condone the kids visiting all the of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Time Served

This is just plain sick, no matter how you slice it.

I especially love the part with the imam lying his ass off to the kids. I love how he told them Jihad is inner spiritual struggle.

If you are Islamic, it's okay to lie to the infidels though.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Lifer

I'm sure the Imam's inner spiritual struggle has kept him from blowing up himself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement