Arms to Saudis? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Arms to Saudis?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this country vehemently hate us? In fact, didn't 2/3 or more of the September 11, 2001 attackers come from this country? Wouldn't this country also actively participate in the aiding the killers of our military in Iraq and Afghanistan if they didn't see dollar signs every time I buy a tank of gas?

So why the fuck would we sell them $60b worth of arms?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this country vehemently hate us? In fact, didn't 2/3 or more of the September 11, 2001 attackers come from this country? Wouldn't this country also actively participate in the aiding the killers of our military in Iraq and Afghanistan if they didn't see dollar signs every time I buy a tank of gas?

We have to pay for all this welfare somehow.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 AM
T-MINUS

Naw..this won't come back to bite us on the ass like a 3-headed hell hound.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Lifer

is this private US companies selling to the saudis?

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Token Troll

"Be sure to put that master, remote, self-destruct sequence into every plane before you ship them!"

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Lifer

We've landed on the moon!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Undoctored pics or it didn't happen.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Swami, simpson, slappy, slippy, SAMSONITE....Boy, I was way off.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned

I hate how we always give weapons to people who turn out to be enemies.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Naw..this won't come back to bite us on the ass like a 3-headed hell hound.
I hope I live to see the day those fucks run out of oil, and watch their country implode.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
I hope I live to see the day those fucks run out of oil, and watch their country implode.
If we could drill a little more at home we might get to see that.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Meeeeooowww

OMG........they have over 150 F-15s already!!!!

They even had them in 1991

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Worship me

With Saddam Hussein gone, Saudi Arabia is our best bet to keep the lunatics who run Iran in check.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Baller

Haha...you just now finding out about this? We've been selling to saudi SANG and MODA for some time now.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
With Saddam Hussein gone, Saudi Arabia is our best bet to keep the lunatics who run Iran in check.
Elaborate on that please. (I am not doubting you I just want to understand your claim)

Doors Done Rite
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Time Served

Sunni and Shiites is the true battle.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 03:04 PM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
Elaborate on that please. (I am not doubting you I just want to understand your claim)

Saddam Hussein and the Ayatollah were bitter enemies in the 1980's with the Iran/Iraq war. We (the US) funded a fraction of the Iraqi war machine to help contain radical islam.

Now that a giant magnet such as Saddam is dead, and Iraq has too many internal problems to worry about, Saudi Arabia is the only balancing power to offset Iran in the region that is Arabic.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

The Saudi people may hate us but the Saudi government is pretty much on board with us.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
The Saudi people for sure hate us but the Saudi government can be bought.
fixed
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

More info if it matters

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration is seeking a go-ahead from Congress to sell up to $60 billion worth of sophisticated warplanes to Saudi Arabia and could add another $30 billion worth of naval arms in a deal designed to counter the rise of Iran as a regional power.
The deal would apparently represent the largest single U.S. arms sale ever approved. It would allow Saudi Arabia, the most militarily advanced of the Arab Gulf states and one of the richest countries in the world, to buy top-line U.S.-made helicopters and fighter jets with ranges that would span the Middle East and beyond.

Unlike some previous sales to Saudi Arabia, this one is not expected to be derailed by opposition in Congress or from U.S. backers of Israel, who have worried in the past about blunting Israel's military edge over its Arab neighbors.
Iran is now seen by Israel, the Gulf Arab states and the West as a significant and unpredictable threat that has changed the old calculus of the region's balance of power.

The U.S. is realigning its defense policies in the Persian Gulf as Iran improves the range and accuracy of missiles and other weapons that could threaten Israel or U.S. allies in Europe. Besides the Saudi deal, the U.S. has pending or proposed arms sales to Kuwait, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates, and has repositioned some U.S. forces and military assets around the Gulf.

The Pentagon plans to notify Congress of the proposed Saudi sale within about a week, spokesman Col. David Lapan said Monday. Lapan would not confirm details of the Saudi shopping list pending congressional notification, but two senior defense officials said it includes up to 84 new F-15 fighter jets and three types of helicopters including the sleek Black Hawk and the missile-toting Apache.

The Saudi sale has been in the works for months, and U.S. officials have acknowledged its rough outline for months. Full details of the numbers and types of aircraft were reported by The Wall Street Journal on Monday.

The defense officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because Congress has not yet seen the entire proposal, said the Pentagon expects that Saudi Arabia would initially select about $30 billion worth of aircraft. Approval of the larger proposal would give the kingdom room to buy more warplanes later.

Congress could ask for changes or try to attach strings. U.S. and Israeli officials said they expect some members of Congress will object strongly to the sale, but not enough to block it.

Separately, the Pentagon is considering an additional request to sell up to roughly $30 billion in advanced naval technology to Saudi Arabia. The defense officials said that plan was still in the preliminary planning stage and would not come before Congress for months. It could include new patrol ships to defend Saudi coastal waters and counter the growing naval capability of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards.

The sales acknowledges the shift in U.S. and Israeli security priorities in the Gulf region, defense analyst Anthony Cordesman wrote recently.
"Strong U.S. security ties to Saudi Arabia offer Israel a far better alternative than Saudi Arabia turning to European or other suppliers and questioning U.S. support if it faces a crisis with Iran," Cordesman wrote in a Center for Strategic and International Studies analysis.
The Obama administration has repeatedly assured Israel that it is committed to protecting the Jewish state's military advantage, said Jonathan Peled, spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington.

"We have had a close, consistent dialogue about it," and Israel accepts the U.S. rationale for the sale "even though we are not thrilled about it," Peled said.

U.S. and other diplomats said Defense Secretary Robert Gates laid out the reasoning behind the proposed Saudi sale during meetings with Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak in recent months.

Washington plans to counterbalance the sales to Arab nations with $30 billion in military assistance to Israel over 10 years. Israel is buying about 20 advanced American F-35 fighter jets worth $4 billion, to be funded by U.S. military aid to the country.
"At the core of our policy is making sure that there is stability in the region and part of that stability is making sure that Israel has what it needs to be able to provide for its own security," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said Monday. "So the United States would do nothing that would upset the current balance in the region."

• Associated Press Writer Matthew Lee contributed to this report.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post

78% of the hijackers were from saudia arabia. Bin laden did this to try to turn the U.S. against saudia arabia. Instead we went after those evil terrorist in iraq when none of the 9/11 terrorist were even from there. That's republicunt logic for you.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
fixed
yea, OK, I buy that...

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
No shit!
"Hey America....we were just fucking around with that whole holy war nonsense! LOLz"

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Lifer

they need us to purchase their overpriced oil. thats all they have going

98 Brokra
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
is this private US companies selling to the saudis?
That's against the law. No, its your beloved communist liberal government. What do you think now, that they betray you and sell weapons of war for people to kill each other with? Still love 'em?

Quote:
Dude, I'm waiting for that with bated breath. It'll be like haiti over there for 1000 years, once that happens. And I'll laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Time Served

You guys really think Saudi Arabia and Iran are at each other's throats and we need to arm one to fend off the other?

If you think that... there are lots of bridges for sale cheap too.

Those guys are all on the same page, just like the Republicans and Democrats are all on the same page too. They just play mean on TV for the fools that believe in TV.

This is your government submitting to the religion of peace...... It'll be our undoing someday too.

Why the religion of peace has need of up to $90B in arms, I can't possibly imagine can you?
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
That's against the law. No, its your beloved communist liberal government. What do you think now, that they betray you and sell weapons of war for people to kill each other with? Still love 'em?

Dude, I'm waiting for that with bated breath. It'll be like haiti over there for 1000 years, once that happens. And I'll laugh.
yep...we sell to the military's program management office who oversees the sale to Saudi. This way, the government can skim off the top of the defense companies profits...err I mean control what goes on.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...d/opm-sang.htm
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
You guys really think Saudi Arabia and Iran are at each other's throats and we need to arm one to fend off the other?

If you think that... there are lots of bridges for sale cheap too.

Those guys are all on the same page, just like the Republicans and Democrats are all on the same page too. They just play mean on TV for the fools that believe in TV.

This is your government submitting to the religion of peace...... It'll be our undoing someday too.

Why the religion of peace has need of up to $90B in arms, I can't possibly imagine can you?
These cultures are very tribal. They're always at each others throats.

You should look up on the structure of the Saudi Military. SANG vs MODA and all that good stuff. It'll help you understand why they need to double up.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
These cultures are very tribal. They're always at each others throats.

You should look up on the structure of the Saudi Military. SANG vs MODA and all that good stuff. It'll help you understand why they need to double up.
Exactly. And there is a VERY long history of distrust between them. Don't forget, Iran is not full of Arabs. They are Persian. Saudi's are Arabs and yes, the do not like Persians.

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Exactly. And there is a VERY long history of distrust between them. Don't forget, Iran is not full of Arabs. They are Persian. Saudi's are Arabs and yes, the do not like Persians.
We ought to let them all just kill each other. Even incite it. Then swoop in and take control when they are weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement