quran burning VS Flag Burning. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
I miss Colorado

quran burning VS Flag Burning.

So, I have caught just a glimpse of the nearly attempted quran burning.

Am I getting it right? Is the FL preacher not burning the quran because America (meaning the FBI, or some agency or the GOV) fears muslim retaliation?
BUT, They get to build the mosque near 'ground zero'?
They SHOULDN'T build it because THEY fear AMERICAN (Warm Blooded Patriots) retaliation.

I see it like this. The quran is protected. The burning of a quran is a protected act. This guy was bullied, or convinced not to burn it,

BUT

Its fine to burn an American Flag? A flag burner should be afraid of retaliation!
A flag burner should be afraid of MY retaliation.

THEY are exercising the Constitution's freedom of religion, but the FL preacher cannot exersice his freedom of speech?

Is this total horse shit, or what?

Disclaimer: this is my first dip into the Political forum. I may not know what I'm getting into.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
IA2

Yes, it is horse shit. I've had exactly the same thoughts. If they can burn flags, why can't we burn korans?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Factory Issue

They're both protected forms of free speech. That preacher isn't a hero, he's just using this little publicity stunt to drum up business. On top of the church, it looks like he runs several for-profit businesses from the church offices.

Give me a dollar.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
Yes, it is horse shit. I've had exactly the same thoughts. If they can burn flags, why can't we burn korans?
We can. No one made him stop, and he's saying it might be back on now.

Give me a dollar.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post

We can. He can. Doesn't mean we should. They burn flags and whatnot because they are ignorant scum of the Earth. Should we really stoop to the same level?

For what it's worth, I hope the flag burners over there will eat shit and die. I just don't see the benefit in imitating their practices over here. It just makes us look equally stupid, and in the end, it doesn't do anything to stop, change, or punish them. If anything, it only fuels their passion. Fuck them and their passion. I'm not going to let their hate turn me into a racist or a scumbag, and as a country, we shouldn't let their tactics cause us to change an important part of our belief system (i.e. freedom of religion).

Just my .02.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
BANNED

I seriously hope we as "Americans" consider ourselves to be of a higher standard than the radical groups in the shithole middle east.

And if that offends any middle easteners on the board.. why would you come here if you didn't think it too.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Pushed to the limit

I say burn a Quran wrapped in an American flag using a copy of the kkkonstitution as kindling.

Buying dogs kills.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
We can. He can. Doesn't mean we should. They burn flags and whatnot because they are ignorant scum of the Earth. Should we really stoop to the same level?

For what it's worth, I hope the flag burners over there will eat shit and die. I just don't see the benefit in imitating their practices over here. It just makes us look equally stupid, and in the end, it doesn't do anything to stop, change, or punish them. If anything, it only fuels their passion. Fuck them and their passion. I'm not going to let their hate turn me into a racist or a scumbag, and as a country, we shouldn't let their tactics cause us to change an important part of our belief system (i.e. freedom of religion).

Just my .02.
The muslims in question still live in the 14th century, like the crusades just ended. Symbolism is very powerful to them, they routinely make pilgrimages to holy sites where the bones of their saints are said to be. Christianity did away with that sort of thing long ago with few exceptions. But the muslims think we are just like they are, IE if they burn our flag it really upsets us.

I agree with you completely, there is no reason for us to imitate their caveman mindset. It is ridiculous to do so.

Should these people be free to do it if they want? Absolutely! But to me it is just silly.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Lifer

They act like them burning American flags over there is something new in reaction to this whole deal. They have always done that. Fuck those crazy extremists over there. They just have another excuse to do so.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS View Post
I say burn a Quran wrapped in an American flag using a copy of the kkkonstitution as kindling.
How about shoving that mountain you're in the shadow of up your fucking ass? I'll help you, if you need it.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Time Served

good , bad, or indifferent i would rather not see anything done anywhere that will make trouble for our boys over there. they have enough morons to deal with .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
So, I have caught just a glimpse of the nearly attempted quran burning.

Am I getting it right? Is the FL preacher not burning the quran because America (meaning the FBI, or some agency or the GOV) fears muslim retaliation?
BUT, They get to build the mosque near 'ground zero'?
They SHOULDN'T build it because THEY fear AMERICAN (Warm Blooded Patriots) retaliation.

I see it like this. The quran is protected. The burning of a quran is a protected act. This guy was bullied, or convinced not to burn it,

BUT

Its fine to burn an American Flag? A flag burner should be afraid of retaliation!
A flag burner should be afraid of MY retaliation.

THEY are exercising the Constitution's freedom of religion, but the FL preacher cannot exersice his freedom of speech?

Is this total horse shit, or what?

Disclaimer: this is my first dip into the Political forum. I may not know what I'm getting into.

You got it.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Canada is welcome here.

If it were up to me it would be a felony to burn the US flag. Since we have separation of church and state, I would have to allow burning of religious material. If you really want to be that way. But you just make yourself look like a fool. Why not burn a muslim instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Lifer

i'd love to catch a rag head burning my flag over here.i wouldn't hesitate to fuck him up.

we mention burning the quran and the ragheads in london burn our flag in the streets of london,right in front of the us embassy.

fuckem if they do it here.

RON PAUL '08
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Old Timer

Why would you burn a Quran when it works great for toilet paper.

2006 Mustang GT
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Why would you burn a Quran when it works great for toilet paper.
or to clean up blood from a fresh hog kill.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Why should we force ourselves to take the moral high ground just because we're the Americans? Do you ever think that might be the exact reason these piss-ants are willing to go toe-to-toe with us? Abdul and his rag-headed buddies cut American's heads off with knives and publish the video of the victim's screaming agony for the furtherance of their religion. We're all "Well, they're just ignorant savages" it's ok. But Heaven forbid somebody defile the damned quran. OMG the world's gonna stop turning because somebody burned a blasphemous pack of lies. But they jail and murder people for having the Holy Bible.

I hold Israel in high regard because they fight fire with fire and have the balls to stand behind their actions.

If we're gonna prevent the planet from being taken over by these jack-off artists, we'd better get our heads out of our asses and play the same game they play.

DFWMustangs.net
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Canada is welcome here.

I think the koran should be kept safe as an important historical document. Burn muslims, instead. Exterminate them like the rats they are, all of them. I really don't have a problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement