Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/...me-with-ak-47/

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got an AK-47 assault rifle, pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Grier said he knew Nassau County Police employ the hi-tech “ShotSpotter” technology in his area and that the shooting would bring police in minutes. Cops told Guzman he was very cooperative.

Grier also said he was afraid the gang outside his house was the dreaded MS-13. And Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

“They’re probably the most organized. They almost have a military hierarchy within the gang, so they are the most organized gang we encounter on a daily basis,” Mulraine said.

You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.

Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Meeeeooowww

Should have left NY a long time ago.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
depraved indifference to human life
Wait a sec? This fella fires into the ground because he is smart enough to know about ShotSpotter and it would get the cops to his location. How the hell is that depraved indifference? What a bunch of fuckin' morons they have in NY.

IMO, this guys only mistake is not living in Texas. He could have shot every one of those fuckers dead and the cops would have given him an Attaboy.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
IMO, this guys only mistake is not living in Texas. He could have shot every one of those fuckers dead and the cops would have given him an Attaboy.
Or Arizona too, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.

Did not know they have this system in Dallas.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
It was in New York. Maybe you should stick to sound financial advice?......................................

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Lifer

I agree if you live in that shithole you deserve to be arrested for trying to defend yourself. Any city who has a ban on guns in general is a city I would never live in.

98 Brokra
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Any reason you STILL have avoided answering the questions asked of you in this thread?

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421521

Or are you going puss-out yet again when someone calls you out on your bullshit "facts" and liberal spin?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Lifer

sounds like this case has yet to be heard by a grand jury, so he has been charged but not indicted, and based on the information in the article the grand jury may not even issue an indictment.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Lifer

What a joke. Pretty sad when you can't even protect your family without worrying about getting charged with some bs.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I wouldn't piss on new york to put out a fire. Or california.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Bullshit! The Rick Perry haters are gonna turn-this-mutha-out on election day! We will all be looking down the barrel of a vibrator held by none other than Bill White. When he gets done fucking us in the ass (no lube), we will be no better off than NY.

Not voting for Perry supports Bill White.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
It was in New York. Maybe you should stick to sound financial advice?......................................

And I said

Did not know they have this system in Dallas

http://www.shotspotter.com/solutions/locations.html

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 09-08-2010 at 07:31 PM.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:36 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
And I said

Did not know they have this system in Dallas

http://www.shotspotter.com/solutions/locations.html
And add in later what you should have stated initially. Do you sweat when someone begins to straighten a coat hanger?

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
And add in later what you should have stated initially. Do you sweat when someone begins to straighten a coat hanger?

what did I add to post #5 ?

I was kind enough to enlarge it for you since you misunderstood the same exact comment posted in normal font in post #5.

Do you know what part of Dallas this system is in ?

Seems to be a pretty expensive crime deterrent but the statistics show it works rather well.

I wonder if it generates false alarms such as when a construction company is using a hilti gun to fasten bottom plates or does the technology account for these situations.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 07:47 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH
STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU IN THIS THREAD, POST #86, OR HAVE YOU BITCHED OUT YET AGAIN?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU IN THIS THREAD, POST #86, OR HAVE YOU BITCHED OUT YET AGAIN?

Stevo
Stevo,

It's apparent with his signature that he hopes pointing the finger at others will disguise his malfunctions with the facts that so easily elude him. He realized that insults are a true sign of surrender and when confronted with the fact that public speaking does not blanket the entire job of President, he has no choice but to remain silent. Factor in bama's choice for VP Joe Biden, who is three times more clumsy with public speaking than Palin and Bush put together, and you will understand why he remains silent.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Is stevie just retarded or did he not read my post ?

Palin didn't cut the size of government as mayor of Wasilla, and she hasn't done so as Alaska's governor, city and state budget records show. Spending in fast-growing Wasilla increased by 55% during her tenure from 1996-2002, records show. In nearly two years as governor, she has presided over a 31% spending hike by a state government that sought earmarks from Washington even as it reaped billions from higher oil prices and Palin-backed tax increases on oil companies.

In June 2007, Palin signed a record $6.6 billion operating budget into law

Show me anywhere in my post where I said she ran up the debt ?

Are all republicunts as ignorant as you ?

Now I remember why that idiot is on my ignore list in the first place.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
what did I add to post #5 ?

I was kind enough to enlarge it for you since you misunderstood the same exact comment posted in normal font in post #5.

Do you know what part of Dallas this system is in ?

Seems to be a pretty expensive crime deterrent but the statistics show it works rather well.

I wonder if it generates false alarms such as when a construction company is using a hilti gun to fasten bottom plates or does the technology account for these situations.

You are truly dense. Your mind is like a maze of fucking pound cake.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
You are truly dense. Your mind is like a maze of fucking pound cake.

I will restate it differently just for you so there will be no misunderstanding.

I did not know they have a shotspotter like the one listed in the article in Dallas as well.

Is that better ?

Now do you know where part of Dallas it is located in ?

I don't live there and was just curious.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Stevo,

It's apparent with his signature that he hopes pointing the finger at others will disguise his malfunctions with the facts that so easily elude him. He realized that insults are a true sign of surrender and when confronted with the fact that public speaking does not blanket the entire job of President, he has no choice but to remain silent. Factor in bama's choice for VP Joe Biden, who is three times more clumsy with public speaking than Palin and Bush put together, and you will understand why he remains silent.

My avatar and sig are just BS to stir the pot and try to get someone worthy of debating facts.

So far I have not found a challenge on this board.

I voted for Ron Paul so according to palidin I am a RP nuthugger.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 PM
makin' bacon

Still spinning the shit? Obama is proud of you...

LINKS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU HAVE THEM?

Quote:
"She cited ethics complaints that had been filed following her selection as running mate to John McCain as one of the reasons for her resignation, saying the resulting investigations had affected her ability to govern the state."

In other words, she could not take the heat in the kitchen.
STILL WAITING....

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I will restate it differently just for you so there will be no misunderstanding.

I did not know they have a shotspotter like the one listed in the article in Dallas as well.

Is that better ?

Now do you know where part of Dallas it is located in ?

I don't live there and was just curious.

I get the conclusion you were trying to come to. The problem is, that in the initial post you placed a conclusion with no supporting statements or premises. Therefore, you argument was pointless.
I didn't need further clarification.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Time Served

Quote:
my avatar and sig are just bs to stir the pot and try to get someone worthy of debating facts.

So far i have not found a challenge on this board.

I voted for ron paul so according to palidin i am a rp nuthugger.
lmao!

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
I get the conclusion you were trying to come to. The problem is, that in the initial post you placed a conclusion with no supporting statements or premises. Therefore, you argument was pointless.
I didn't need further clarification.

My major was in economics not english.

Sorry for my failure to clarify my statement in my original post.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Time Served

Quote:

'

If your major was economics at any university in this country, then your stupidity will never be questioned again.

We have you, your educators, and all economists in this country to thank for the demise of our country.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I majored in Liberal Management. It has served me well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement