Scholarship Scandal Congresswoman Falls Apart in Anderson Cooper - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Thumbs up Scholarship Scandal Congresswoman Falls Apart in Anderson Cooper

If only Anderson Cooper was like this all the time instead of another Media fluff of the Mainstream Media; he might actually be higher than last in his Ratings segment.

Oh..... and she's fucked.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Well I guess the dems have decided that going down wasn't good enough. They are going down in flames, everywhere you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Lifer

What a lying piece of shit she is!

Anyone who has any formal training on deception knows she failed on almost every level you can. I hope she goes to prison when she lies to a GJ for her indictment.

We need term limits!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Time Served

What a piece of work! Let's keep her for another term. It's dog shit like this, that is running our country into the ground.

It has a throttle body spacer for high end HP, and an RV cam for low end toque.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Time Served

This is what is wrong with our entire congress right now.... a sense of entitlement. Well we don't owe them squat and we don't owe the non working fools that kow tow to them squat either. Stop robbing me everyday to pay for your stupidity already.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Lifer

Shes such an idiot. She admits she see's nothing wrong with it ethically and also admits she never read the contracts her family members signed but still believes she should hold a govt job? Yeah Nancy Pelosi is right, the swamp is drained all right lol
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Lifer

I can not stand that woman

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Factory Issue

Wow, if Glenn Beck wants a Marie Antoinette moment to crow about, this beats the first lady's oil splotch beach wear by a country mile.

Give me a dollar.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Shes such an idiot. She admits she see's nothing wrong with it ethically and also admits she never read the contracts her family members signed but still believes she should hold a govt job? Yeah Nancy Pelosi is right, the swamp is drained all right lol
Eddie Bernice is a long-time poverty pimp. She's been doing shady business deals in Dallas for 25 years. There is a very intelligent, conservative pastor (who happens to be black) running against her, and he won't have a chance in that district. They are eaten up with gub'ment cheese, and he's wanting to make some changes.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Eddie Bernice is a long-time poverty pimp. She's been doing shady business deals in Dallas for 25 years. There is a very intelligent, conservative pastor (who happens to be black) running against her, and he won't have a chance in that district. They are eaten up with gub'ment cheese, and he's wanting to make some changes.
http://www.brodenforcongress.com/

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:25 AM
T-MINUS

Term limits are the answer. What that involves is getting stubborn old school politicians out of office.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Between her and William J. Jefferson I wonder who was more corrupt? Personally I think we should bring back public stoning for elected officials that are corrupted.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Punk Ass Kid

Wide nose... Lol

What a useless bitch. Ignorance of the law/rule does not justify breaking it.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

LMAO at the "I work pretty hard" excuse. First of all, she works in the United States House of Representatives, so that's a fucking lie. Secondly, what the fuck kind of excuse is that?!

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Term limits are the answer. What that involves is getting stubborn old school politicians out of office.
I believe that term limits are the answer to most of this country's problems. But, they'd have to be damn strict, and pretty radical to have the desired effect. I am thinking two terms of 3 years maximum. We need to have a revolving door when it comes to them. They walk in, they are in for a few minutes, and they're out. And after that, that's all. No ifs ands or buts. You're done. You may now run for a different office, such as county clerk or sheriff or even potus but you will never do that job again. That right there would make it very difficult for career politicians to even exist. They just wouldn't be able to keep that momentum going. They'd be out of the limelight for too long, and their name would die out.

Problem is, how in the world do we put this into effect? Aren't they the ones that have to vote it in?

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
LMAO at the "I work pretty hard" excuse. First of all, she works in the United States House of Representatives, so that's a fucking lie. Secondly, what the fuck kind of excuse is that?!
It's the only excuse she has. In other words, that bitch is cold-busted. It's been going on for years, and there have been some good kids that really needed that scholarship money that got flat-out lied too. To do that to her own people is just fucking ROTTEN.

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
Yep, and I have Royce West representing me!! A Conservative has no chance to get him out of office.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Canada is welcome here.

I'd revoke all their scholarships and any degrees they got from it. Teach all them and their black bitch not to fuck with the US people. And also throw her in state prison for 8 years.

Quote:

Quote:
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I'd revoke all their scholarships and any degrees they got from it. Teach all them and their black bitch not to fuck with the US people. And also throw her in state prison for 8 years.
I really like this idea, revoke the college hours that each student got from the stolen money. The relatives who forged documents should also be held accountable.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Lifer

An update:

Johnson wrote a letter to the Black Caucus Scholarship Committee, requesting that the checks be made out to her RELATIVES instead of the schools they were going too. She made no such request for other recipients...

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
An update:

Johnson wrote a letter to the Black Caucus Scholarship Committee, requesting that the checks be made out to her RELATIVES instead of the schools they were going too. She made no such request for other recipients...
I sure hope all this is true because even the black caucus can't come to her defense if it is true.

I hope she burns for this and I hope every elected official who did this gets caught. I highly doubt she was the only one in the BC that did this crap.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
An update:

usually scholarship money goes directly to the school, writing a check out to a person should have been a huge red flag.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
usually scholarship money goes directly to the school, writing a check out to a person should have been a huge red flag.
My daughter's money goes straight into our checking account, and always has. It's on-going, and she does have to show proof of enrollment and her course load. That's why we don't get it until 9/12 of that year.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
My daughter's money goes straight into our checking account, and always has. It's on-going, and she does have to show proof of enrollment and her course load. That's why we don't get it until 9/12 of that year.
I got a couple, even one from the Air Force, but the money went straight to the university, now it was not a full scholarship or anything just partial.

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I got a couple, even one from the Air Force, but the money went straight to the university, now it was not a full scholarship or anything just partial.
This particular one is only $2500, but I'll damn sure take it.

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Lifer

Im sure shes just so busy that she just doesnt know whats going on around her! what a crock. shes done and knows it

98 Brokra
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Anyone who has any formal training on deception knows she failed on almost every level you can. I
Any tips? I may need some for my kids one day.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
Here's one: any time your teenage daughter grabs the keys to your SS, and says,"Hey dad, we're just running over to Dairy Queen", you know she's full of shit.

I've got 3,417 more whenever your ready...LOL!

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Here's one: any time your teenage daughter grabs the keys to your SS, and says,"Hey dad, we're just running over to Dairy Queen", you know she's full of shit.

I've got 3,417 more whenever your ready...LOL!
LOL. Fire away.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Token Troll

Thumbs up

Nice.
Quote:
Stephen Broden, candidate for US Congress from Texas District 30, received documents showing that Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson asked the Congressional Black Caucus Scholarship Fund to make their college scholarship checks payable to her family members, not to any college:

“Our campaign has received copies of letters sent by Eddie Bernice Johnson in 2006 in which she directed the CBC Scholarship Foundation to have scholarship monies for her own grandchildren and other relatives paid out by CBC via personal checks made payable directly to her grandchildren and great-nephews. In one letter she requests that for a non-family member the scholarship check be payable to and sent to the college, but for her relatives that the checks be directly paid to her family members.

Contrary to Johnson's statement in the Dallas Morning News on September 3rd that she has not “dwelled on figuring out how to give my grandchildren $1,000 a year” she apparently has done exactly that. Congresswoman Johnson not only abused the CBC scholarship fund program by awarding scholarships to ineligible family members instead of deserving District 30 students -- she made sure that the money went right to their wallets.
More here:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....ce52ce69.html

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
I would have to listen to her interview again, take notes, and post them up. Sorry, I am not able to do that right now.

The formal training I got when I was a detective just focused my ability to articulate why I thought someone was being deceptive. It gives you the knowledge to go forth and probe further into the topic.

Have you ever watched NYPD Blue when they were interviewing someone? They had numerous times when a person was lying and they pounced on him and numerous times when the guy was telling the truth and they backed off. That is what I am talking about.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

10:1 says no formal charges/procedures are brought against her than that she gets reelected in November.

How about an investigation into the entire CBC?

post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
10:1 says no formal charges/procedures are brought against her than that she gets reelected in November.

How about an investigation into the entire CBC?
This is an issue between her and the Black Caucus, so I doubt any criminal charges or sanctions will be levied against her also. The best we can hope for out of this is a few decent voters show up and she loses her seat.

< --- not hopeful.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
This is an issue between her and the Black Caucus, so I doubt any criminal charges or sanctions will be levied against her also. The best we can hope for out of this is a few decent voters show up and she loses her seat.

< --- not hopeful.
Was listening to the radio yesterday, and a caller that lives in that district has been making it a point of whomever she runs into, to ask about if they knew what Johnson did. NONE of the people she spoke to knew about it. Just ignorant, blind sheeple in that district.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I'd have her burned at stake, or at least hung in public.

Quote:

Quote:
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

wow! This woman reminds me of some of the ignorant people I work with.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
NONE of the people she spoke to knew about it. Just ignorant, blind sheeple in that district.
Were you under the impression that people in the 'hood keep up with current events? If so, I have some bad news for you about the tooth fairy and santa clause.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
Were you under the impression that people in the 'hood keep up with current events? If so, I have some bad news for you about the tooth fairy and santa clause.
You have your assumptions, but still always sad/shocking when its backed up by facts.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 03:58 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
You have your assumptions, but still always sad/shocking when its backed up by facts.
I thought this sad as well:

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...age-talk-shows

A study by Rasmussen Reports released last year found that nearly a third of Americans under the age of 40 get the bulk of their news from satirical programs like "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I thought this sad as well:

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...age-talk-shows

A study by Rasmussen Reports released last year found that nearly a third of Americans under the age of 40 get the bulk of their news from satirical programs like "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."
Which is the reason that Barry was elected...

post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
...A study by Rasmussen Reports released last year found that nearly a third of Americans under the age of 40 get the bulk of their news from satirical programs like "Countdown with Keith Olberman", "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."
I feex

I love watching Olberman while O'Reilly's on FOX. I find it amusingly satisfying to watch how far that dude can spin, twist and contort what is actually going on it the world today. If NBC didn't keep him on a constant diet of anti-depressants, Valium and Mr. Bubble, he'd surely be an olympic gymnast of some sort.

or some sideshow freak, locked up in a cage, in a traveling carnival...Poor Keith...I'm sorry...here's a baseball card, little buddy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement