John Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

John Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...rs/?test=faces

Interesting how liberal are always allowed to get away with saying these type of things, yet when one or two Conservatives say anything negative the whole entire movement is judged for it. There should be outrage over this, but we all know there won't be.

Actor John Cusack went on a caustic Twitter rampage Sunday evening, attacking former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Fox News.

“I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,” Cusack tweeted.

Cusack has long been outspoken about politics. He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and has contributed to The Huffington Post, but this is the first known time he has stooped to the level of making threats.

And while the U.S. Constitution protects Cusack's right to speak his mind, some critics say he should be more careful about what he says, since he has more than 200,000 Twitter followers.

“His provocative tweets could easily incite a rabid fan to commit violent acts against Fox News Headquarters and others he names," said Dr. Carole Lieberman, a Beverly Hills-based psychiatrist and author of "Coping With Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted."

Fans could not only be influenced because of their devotion to Cusack, the man, but also because of their love for one of the characters he plays,” she told Fox411.

Cooper Lawrence, the author of “Cult of Celebrity” told Fox 411: “The fear isn't that a celebrity will influence someone to do something violent or out of character due to the sheer devotion to the celebrity, the fear is that someone who is already vulnerable, mentally disturbed, already considering something dangerous, may be encouraged to do so if it is advocated by their favorite star,”

Lawrence explained that while celebrities don't make healthy people do things they wouldn't normally do, they could impact someone who is on the fence or mentally unstable.

“John Cusack has to know that his words carry weight because he is an actor beloved by many generations of folks who may not get his humor and might think he is calling for something more sinister. The responsibility is on him to not abuse his fame to influence something negative on the off chance that even one person takes his words to heart,” Lawrence said.

Cusack could also be doing his career some damage. Image consultant Michael Sands says that Cusack should be worried that his vituperative words could turn off some of his fans.

“I think his fans will not appreciate his tone. They will be turned off to his rhetoric,” Sands told Fox411. “John Cusack is taking his fame too seriously. He is having delusions and his anger towards Fox News may get him arrested!”

Ironically, Cusack has just been signed to play Edgar Allen Poe in "The Raven", a movie about a serial killer who uses Poe's stories as inspiration for his killing spree.

Cusack’s publicist did not reply to calls and emails for comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Time Served

IMO celebs need to shut up and act, period! I used to like matt damon movies till he spoke out during the election. Once you here their personal views especially on politics, it kills the desire to watch a movie with them in it.

When seconds count, police are only minutes away!

Dying for me was the most He could do, living for Him is the least I can do.

CSBA #600
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne View Post
IMO celebs need to shut up and act, period! I used to like matt damon movies till he spoke out during the election. Once you here their personal views especially on politics, it kills the desire to watch a movie with them in it.
Take Sean Penn for example....

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Why should they have to shut up? They are citizens too. They have the same rights as you or I.

Granted, they do end up having a larger audience than most of us, and they can influence popular opinion in rare cases, but still, they have the right to say how they feel like everyone else.

They also take the risk like everyone else.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
None

Everyone has a right to an opinion and a right to voice it.

Funny thing though - nobody wants to tolerate a celebrity who voices an opposing view, but when a celebrity says something with equal agressiveness but shares their viewpoint - suddenly that celebrity is to be commended for standing up for what they believe in?

Politics is full of double standards and hypocrisy.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Why should they have to shut up? They are citizens too. They have the same rights as you or I.

Granted, they do end up having a larger audience than most of us, and they can influence popular opinion in rare cases, but still, they have the right to say how they feel like everyone else.

They also take the risk like everyone else.
I understand that and completely agree. But IMO when entertainers rely on popularity of fans and how they do at the box office to determine their status in Hollywierd then I think they need to shut up.
But of course in Hollywood the more lib you are the better rolls you get. But I think Americans are kinda getting tired of them speaking out on politics just because of their status.
Just my opinion tho'.

CSBA #600
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Token Troll

I don't know why people listen to actors anyway... their job is to say what other people tell them.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 PM
BANNED

I never understood why actors support the dems. I understand they are liberal in their moral and ethical views... but when it comes to money.. the dems want to take from the rich and tax them more. A majority of actors ( especially the big names that speak out) are rich and I would think they would lead their political views to help protect their finances.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
I never understood why actors support the dems. I understand they are liberal in their moral and ethical views... but when it comes to money.. the dems want to take from the rich and tax them more. A majority of actors ( especially the big names that speak out) are rich and I would think they would lead their political views to help protect their finances.
Been scratching my head on this for awhile now.

CSBA #600
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Lifer

The only thing I can come up with is they care more about their moral and ethical views than they do about how much uncle Sam is taking out of their pockets.

We are still talking about filthy rich people here.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Time Served

But most of these actor that speak up like cusack, penn, etc. their views really are anti-American, much like obummer. Hence why they stand beside him and his views.

CSBA #600
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

They can do whatever they want, true, but my problem is that they can say whatever they want yet you KNOW Conservatives can't do the same. Which is why they're mostly quiet.

I bet if the Government took away a large part of their earnings they'd have something to say about it. But I agree. Not to mention that the state where they work out of is mostly a liberal state (Cali. and NY)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Been scratching my head on this for awhile now.

I think because their standard of living isn't compromised by the higher taxes. They don't understand the rage people feel when they have to do without something (luxury item or not) because of higher taxes.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Lifer

It would be valid if John Cusack could actually act. Oh wait, no it wouldn't still.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 03:48 PM
IA2

"He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and has contributed to The Huffington Post"

He has poor judgment according to his activities quoted here.

This latest twitter post is just more poor judgment.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Take Sean Penn for example....
LMAO!

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
As always, liberals are the truly stupid. They are blind, ignorant, and they live in a fantasy world where money grows on trees and we all pay bills with magic fairy dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

If more actors would speak out, I'd know where not to spend my money. Bring it on.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Yeah like that vid we saw with mat damon. He was asking how stupid Palin is. If I was there I would have asked how stupid he was. I'd ask him if its really possible that he actually thinks that someone else thinks that there were dinosaurs 4k years ago. Those were his words. I mean there were some lingering creatures that might be classified as dinosaurs by some, but you know what I mean. Full on, all dinosaurs. If he is stupid enough to think that someone else thinks that was how it was, then he has absolutely no business questioning someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Lifer

WTF is GOP Welfare and why wasn't I informed about it?

Where mah gubment check, Newt?!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement