Beck's Restoring Honor Rally free stream - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Exclamation Beck's Restoring Honor Rally free stream

http://www.ustream.tv/restoringhonor

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Lots of people there. Glad to see so many people care.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Lifer

good stuff, thanks for the link.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Glenn Beck is the biggest dumbfuck hypocrite on this planet.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 05:23 PM
None

I get adn support the patriotism aspect, but disagree with the religon aspect.

Whether your God is Ecofriendly or of Fire and Damnation, it doesn't matter. Keep it out of the government.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer

glenn beck is a clown.however at least hes out preaching against the krucked us goverment.we need all that we can get.i lost beck respect when he clowned debra medina for governor of texas.

i have more respect for the people that showed up in washington today.

RON PAUL '08
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
glenn beck is a clown.however at least hes out preaching against the krucked us goverment.we need all that we can get.i lost beck respect when he clowned debra medina for governor of texas.

what is a krucked us government?

Grabber Orange 2008 GT
Tuned by Andy @ Gearheads 331 rwhp 329 rwtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
education has nothing to do with it.i dont have a degree.but i do have a biusiness and that dont require any education.so go read a book
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 PM
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I get adn support the patriotism aspect, but disagree with the religon aspect.

Whether your God is Ecofriendly or of Fire and Damnation, it doesn't matter. Keep it out of the government.
Dude, you, and most of the country have been brainwashed just like I used to be. If you read the history of the Founding Fathers, and the things they said while creating Government you'd know that the "Seperation of Church and State" was meant to keep Government out of religion, not the other way around. Back then there were so many different religions that the Founding Fathers didn't want the Government telling folks how and who they should worship. Infact if you see some of their quotes, they infact said that if you take religion out of Government, Government will go to hell. I mean, just read the Constitution. Most of it was based on Judeo-Christian philosophies.

Last edited by CJD; 08-28-2010 at 09:47 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 PM
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post

He asked her a legitimate question and she did that politician thing where they "don't exactly answer, but kinda do answer". She clowned herself.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:47 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Glenn Beck is the biggest dumbfuck hypocrite on this planet.
Examples of hypocrisy?

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Examples of hypocrisy?

Watch the Daily Show for 30 seconds; they loop together examples of it constantly. I don't care enough about it to go out there and look for links.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:15 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Watch the Daily Show for 30 seconds; they loop together examples of it constantly. I don't care enough about it to go out there and look for links.
The Daily Show also edits their information/clips to try and show hypocrisy.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
The Daily Show also edits their information/clips to try and show hypocrisy.

True, but I've seen plenty of long uninterrupted clips side by side that are ridiculous. Not to mention he compares himself to Jesus, MLK, and anyone else who has ever actually done anything worthwhile, and that god talks to him directly.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Dude, you, and most of the country have been brainwashed just like I used to be. If you read the history of the Founding Fathers, and the things they said while creating Government you'd know that the "Seperation of Church and State" was meant to keep Government out of religion, not the other way around. Back then there were so many different religions that the Founding Fathers didn't want the Government telling folks how and who they should worship. Infact if you see some of their quotes, they infact said that if you take religion out of Government, Government will go to hell. I mean, just read the Constitution. Most of it was based on Judeo-Christian philosophies.
The term "Separation of Church and State" is nowhere in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights and wasn't a common term until a supreme court ruling in the 30's or 40's. It was a comment by one of the justices who was an avid anti catholic, a racist, and a clan member. His ruling was aimed specifically at the catholic church and was not meant to be anti christian in any form or fashion given his views of Christianity.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
True, but I've seen plenty of long uninterrupted clips side by side that are ridiculous. Not to mention he compares himself to Jesus, MLK, and anyone else who has ever actually done anything worthwhile, and that god talks to him directly.
Not once has he compared himself to Jesus or MLK. I don't like the fact that he's a crybaby, always welling up on live TV; but he has never claimed to be anything more than a fat, ex-alcoholic who happens to hate what has happened to this Country.

If you are going to criticize the man, then atleast do your research so you know who you are criticizing. The daily show is not a viable source to cite.

Hell, I've got some clips of Kieth Olbermann, Janine Garafalo, and Bill Maher rants about him that are closer to the truth; and they will say anything to shut him up.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:58 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
The term "Separation of Church and State" is nowhere in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights and wasn't a common term until a supreme court ruling in the 30's or 40's. It was a comment by one of the justices who was an avid anti catholic, a racist, and a clan member. His ruling was aimed specifically at the catholic church and was not meant to be anti christian in any form or fashion given his views of Christianity.
It stemmed from a letter that thomas jefferson wrote in 1802, and led to the first amendment. I agree with CJD that it was intended to keep government out of religion, and prevent the establishment of a national religion, but not necessarily keep religion out of government. However, it has been hijacked for the purpose of doing the latter.

You have to consider the times and where these guys came from - great britan, who has a state sponsored religion (Anglican Church).

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danbury.html

http://law.jrank.org/pages/18378/Church-State.html
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:22 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Looking at the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence is all you had to do to know that separation of Church and State is a bunch of bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happines
The Framers built the Framwork of our Govt. on the basis of God. They kept God as a singular reference as to avoid any issues that stem from the Difference in Religions, or to have one Religion have Control, as it was with the Anglican Church in England at the time.

For the record: I am a deist, not a Christian. Like Many of our Founders, I believe God created everything; but does not interfere in the matters of Man.
It would be akin to me listening to an Ant Prayers in the Ant farm I created and then acting on them to change his destiny. Frankly, since I am made in God's image, he must have ADD just like me. I can't keep my attention on something for ten minutes. I find it hard to believe God has kept his attention on our "Ant Farm" all of eternity, much less grants our petty requests.

I too, believe that organized religion is bullshit, as many of the Founders did (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, etc. ); but they all believed that rights had to be given by God, not Government, so that no Govt. would be able to revoke such rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
The god who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time: the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by essay "On Government No. I" that appeared in Franklin's paper, The Pennsylvania Gazette, on 1 April 1736. The author was John Webbe. He wrote about the privileges enjoyed under British rule.
Thank God! we are in the full enjoyment of all these privileges. But can we be taught to prize them too much? or how can we prize them equal to their value, if we do not know their intrinsic worth, and that they are not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature?
Here's Ben Franklin said in a letter to President Washington in his Address to the Constitutional Convention on the topic of prayer:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...enfranklin.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin
[B]I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?
When you separate God from Govt. those rights go from given by God himself to Given by Govt itself; and then those Inalienable Rights that we cherish so dearly become but a Gift from the Government and can be taken away from the People.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 08-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Not once has he compared himself to Jesus or MLK. I don't like the fact that he's a crybaby, always welling up on live TV; but he has never claimed to be anything more than a fat, ex-alcoholic who happens to hate what has happened to this Country.

If you are going to criticize the man, then atleast do your research so you know who you are criticizing. The daily show is not a viable source to cite.

Hell, I've got some clips of Kieth Olbermann, Janine Garafalo, and Bill Maher rants about him that are closer to the truth; and they will say anything to shut him up.

Not directly, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what he is getting at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bng-1uERHlI

I can't seem to find it, but have you seen the 4 or 5 minute clip where he talks about god coming to him and telling him he needed to come up with a plan to save the world? The guy is a fucking fruitcake.

Edit: not the whole thing, but fast forward to 2 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jul9_shXbug
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifer

I think financial independence was also part of the thinking behind the notion of a separation of church and state. For most europeans during the 18th century, the bulk of their earnings went to churches, either in the form of taxes or guilt. saving money and banking was looked down on by churches and the societies around them. of course this practice was counter productive to how capitalism works.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
It stemmed from a letter that thomas jefferson wrote in 1802, and led to the first amendment. I agree with CJD that it was intended to keep government out of religion, and prevent the establishment of a national religion, but not necessarily keep religion out of government. However, it has been hijacked for the purpose of doing the latter.

You have to consider the times and where these guys came from - great britan, who has a state sponsored religion (Anglican Church).

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danbury.html

http://law.jrank.org/pages/18378/Church-State.html

A letter he wrote in 1802 that led to the 1st amendment???? Get you dates straight; the 1st Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791 along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.

My comment wasn't that the term had never been used before. My comment was stating that the term as we hear it and understand it today originated less then 70 years ago. The left and the media in this country have done a great propaganda job into making most people believe that "Separation of Church and State" is in the Constitution.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:01 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
A letter he wrote in 1802 that led to the 1st amendment???? Get you dates straight; the 1st Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791 along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
You are right - i misread the information that i posted a link to.

The letter in question EXPLAINED the first amendment, it wasn't the genesis of it.

Quote:
homas Jefferson's reply on Jan. 1, 1802, to an address from the Danbury (Conn.) Baptist Association, congratulating him upon his election as president, contains a phrase that is as familiar in today's political and judicial circles as the lyrics of a hit tune: "a wall of separation between church and state." This phrase has become well known because it is considered to explain (many would say, distort) the "religion clause" of the First Amendment to the Constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ...," a clause whose meaning has been the subject of passionate dispute for the past 50 years.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:22 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Not directly, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what he is getting at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bng-1uERHlI

I can't seem to find it, but have you seen the 4 or 5 minute clip where he talks about god coming to him and telling him he needed to come up with a plan to save the world? The guy is a fucking fruitcake.

Edit: not the whole thing, but fast forward to 2 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jul9_shXbug
Wow.

You know I was joking about Olbermann being a Credible Source... right? I am genuinely shocked that you would put him forward as a pillar for which to support your argument.

In that clip, I see Beck telling people that he prays to God, and that he "thinks" God would want him to say "Get behind me-(God)"
Looks like a call for people to get more into Religion to me; and because of our First Amendment, he is perfectly within his right to say it.

That is a faaaar Cry from your accusation that he calls himself Jesus.

If you would stop looking at Beck through at the world your Atheist prism and look at him objectively, you'd see that he has only wanted people to turn to Religion, not worship him as a personification of it.

I don't like it when he goes on his God tangents either, as I do not subscribe to his Religion of Christianity; but that doesn't mean his calls for people to become re-rooted in Priinciples is flawed just because his basis for coming to that conclusion differs from mine.

Seriously Talisman, Listen to the guys message sometime. Listen beyond what his belief structure is and his preachy, sobby, way he expresses it, to the actual crux of the message.

Personal Responsibility
Limited Gonvernment
Contempt for corrupt Govt.
Inalienable Rights
Constitutional Principles

These are things I'm certain that we both would agree with him on.

The man isn't perfect, but when it comes to finding any resemblence to a Constitutionalist on the 500+ channels on TV these days, as well as in the media at large; you are left with two people:

Glenn Beck

Judge Andrew Napolitano

John Stossell

As soon as another Reagan, Washington, or Jefferson comes along, I will happily listen to him instead. But we make do with the tools (Literally & Figuratively) we have at our disposal.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 08-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I think financial independence was also part of the thinking behind the notion of a separation of church and state. For most europeans during the 18th century, the bulk of their earnings went to churches, either in the form of taxes or guilt. saving money and banking was looked down on by churches and the societies around them. of course this practice was counter productive to how capitalism works.
I actually agree with this. From what I understand of the Founders from their writings, they viewed Organized Religion as another manifestation of Govt. - taking from the peoples Money, Effort, and Charity; as well as enforcing rules for which to live by. All-the-while using the accumulation of the aformentioned resources along with the control afforded by the rules of Religion simply to Perpetuate the further accumulation of said Resources and Rules.

Organized Religion and Big Govt are two sides of the same coin in my eyes. Both are for the Redistribution of Resources to endeavors for which they think are worthy, minus their cut of the action of course.

Both have their inherent Evils.

Government without restraint (Germany, Soviet Union, and Rome-(Which I believe most closely illustrates the Life Cycle of America, btw) asserts Express Authority over the people as the Ultimate Authority of the People; unavoidably falling into Despotism and Tyranny. (Germany, Soviet Union, and Rome
The natural tendency of Man is to assert his Authority over his world. The Founders realized that Government is simply a collection of Man, and is subject to the same Follies as Man.

Organized Religion without restraint (Catholic Church of the Dark Ages, Islamic Clerical structure, Old Testament Judeaism) asserts Express Authority over the People, on behalf, and with the blessing of the Ultimate Authority, God Almighty/Allah/Yahweh ; unavoidably falling into Despotism and Tyranny.
Again, the natural tendency of Man is to assert his Authority over his world. The Founders realized that Organized Religion is simply a collection of Man, and is subject to the same Follies as Man.

Disclaimer: This does not mean I have anything against Religion. I simply feel that Relgion it should be a Personal relationship between a Man and his Creator, Not Men dictating to Man with the supposed Authority granted by the Creator.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 08-29-2010 at 12:07 PM.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:13 PM
None

Let me clarify.

Beck seems to have it in his mind that in order for you to be a Proper Amercian and uphold American Values, you must share his religous views - if you don't, they you aren't able to uphold traditional American values and are of a lower caste. Or you are a Democrat.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Let me clarify.

Beck seems to have it in his mind that in order for you to be a Proper Amercian and uphold American Values, you must share his religous views - if you don't, they you aren't able to uphold traditional American values and are of a lower caste. Or you are a Democrat.
Agreed to a point. He has actually stated that it's the Principles of the Constituion that matter, not necessarily Religion.
When he talks, notice that he says we need to get back to God, as God is the Foundation of our Constitution. "Inalienable Rights, endowed by our Creator"

Those Inalienable Rights cease to be protected from Man and his inherent Evils/Vices/Lust for Control if there is no longer a Higher Authority that keeps them out of Mans reach, guaranteeing that they will exist forever, as they have always existed.

Sidebar: By 'always existed' I mean since 6000 years ago when we were ultimately born from Adam's 'McRib' - A/K/A Eve - The Original Woman who didn't listen when a man said not to do something. This inspiration for this and countless other like it.

;D /sidebar

He usually refrains from mentioning any particular Religion except when he is referring to himself to explain his thought process on a a particular viewpoint. I just wish he'd shut up about it and get back to the message. (Thank you, DVR FFW Button)

Andrew Napolitano and John Stossell speak strictly about the Constitution and Limited Govt. which I like ... alot.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 08-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
v2004 rebooted.

LOL, I wasn't using Olberman as a source, he sounds just as much like a dipshit as Beck. I was using the video he was showing OF Beck. There isn't a media outlet out there these days that isn't a complete piece of shit, and all these morons jabbering at each other ceased being "news" 8 years ago when the trend started after 9/11.

As for the rest, as I said previously, I don't care enough to worry about most of these perckerwoods to be concerned with what they have to say on ANY subject, other than the fact that they all are responsible for the death of this country and have therefore earned whatever ire I chose to throw at them. Fuck each and every one of them, from channel 1 to channel 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Wow.

You know I was joking about Olbermann being a Credible Source... right? I am genuinely shocked that you would put him forward as a pillar for which to support your argument.

In that clip, I see Beck telling people that he prays to God, and that he "thinks" God would want him to say "Get behind me-(God)"
Looks like a call for people to get more into Religion to me; and because of our First Amendment, he is perfectly within his right to say it.

That is a faaaar Cry from your accusation that he calls himself Jesus.

If you would stop looking at Beck through at the world your Atheist prism and look at him objectively, you'd see that he has only wanted people to turn to Religion, not worship him as a personification of it.

I don't like it when he goes on his God tangents either, as I do not subscribe to his Religion of Christianity; but that doesn't mean his calls for people to become re-rooted in Priinciples is flawed just because his basis for coming to that conclusion differs from mine.

Seriously Talisman, Listen to the guys message sometime. Listen beyond what his belief structure is and his preachy, sobby, way he expresses it, to the actual crux of the message.

Personal Responsibility
Limited Gonvernment
Contempt for corrupt Govt.
Inalienable Rights
Constitutional Principles

These are things I'm certain that we both would agree with him on.

The man isn't perfect, but when it comes to finding any resemblence to a Constitutionalist on the 500+ channels on TV these days, as well as in the media at large; you are left with two people:

Glenn Beck

Judge Andrew Napolitano

As soon as another Reagan, Washington, or Jefferson comes along, I will happily listen to him instead. But we make do with the tools (Literally & Figuratively) we have at our disposal.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
LOL, I wasn't using Olberman as a source, he sounds just as much like a dipshit as Beck. I was using the video he was showing OF Beck. There isn't a media outlet out there these days that isn't a complete piece of shit, and all these morons jabbering at each other ceased being "news" 8 years ago when the trend started after 9/11.

As for the rest, as I said previously, I don't care enough to worry about most of these perckerwoods to be concerned with what they have to say on ANY subject, other than the fact that they all are responsible for the death of this country and have therefore earned whatever ire I chose to throw at them. Fuck each and every one of them, from channel 1 to channel 1000.

Can't argue with any of this.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Im too lazy to sift through all this and figure out what the whole thing was about. So... whats the whole purpose? Looks like he is doing some kind of wanna be tea party rally or something. I mean we already have the tea party rallies, so why do we need him doing something? I guess every little bit helps I'm just wondering why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Lifer

I tried to look into this to see what he was trying to acomplish but honestly I kept giving up. He has me till he starts in with all the religous crap. Im onboard with the whole states rights thing and smaller government but like said above, it seems like you have to be a bible thumper or else you are to be considered an evil democrat. Can we not just focus on the rights of the people without all the religious BS?

Also, Im pretty pissed at Beck. For the first time in my life I find myself agreeing with one of the worlds biggest hipocrites, Al Sharpton. Beck chose the date and place to mimic MLK's speech even though he tries playing it off like it was accidental. He then confuses his ideas of cival rights with MLK's. I can honestly see why people would get bent about that. MLK was about bigger govt controlling the states so the states couldnt segragate and mistreat minorities. Beck is 180* on that stance.

Im left feeling confused on this whole thing. I want to like Beck but he is out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement