Cops Furious At 'Don't-Dill' Bill Shoot To Wound Not Kill - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Cops Furious At 'Don't-Dill' Bill Shoot To Wound Not Kill

Ah...the libs way of stopping the bad guys...

Quote:
City cops are livid over a legislative proposal that could handcuff the brave officers involved in life-and-death confrontations every day -- requiring them to shoot gun-wielding suspects in the arm or leg rather than shoot to kill, The Post has learned.

The "minimum force" bill, which surfaced in the Assembly last week, seeks to amend the state penal codes' "justification" clause that allows an officer the right to kill a thug if he feels his life or someone else's is in imminent danger.

The bill -- drafted in the wake of Sean Bell's controversial police shooting death -- would force officers to use their weapons "with the intent to stop, rather than kill" a suspect. They would be mandated to "shoot a suspect in the arm or the leg."
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...#ixzz0p3NpgrpB

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
That's fucking retarded.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I voted for McCain!!
 
Somewhere in Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Balls Deep
Posts: 3,823
What's next, free thug massages? Give us a fucking break you liberal pussies.

Somewhere in Time is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Pimp Juice ca. 1997
 
Roscoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Black at heart
Posts: 12,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
That's fucking retarded.
x eleventybillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
God bless you Roscoe and all you do for humanity and this board in particular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
You know Roscoe, I used to think that you were some 16 yr.old punk with a speech impediment, but now I want you to marry one of my daughters ...'H'
Roscoe is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
"Sir, I had no intentions of hitting him twice in the chest and once in the triangle. I was aiming for his arms with all three rounds."


Let the cocksuckers try and prove otherwise.



Anyone else wonder if 5.0svo is jumping up and down and clapping his hands on this one?
Fox466 is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox466 View Post

anyone else wonder if 5.0svo is jumping up and down and clapping his hands on this one?
lmao

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
i suggest rubber pellets much more effective than a bullet! maybe we can send all the libs to war and then they come back with a different tune

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Ah...the libs way of stopping the bad guys...


Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...#ixzz0p3NpgrpB
Yeah this will work, when your in a situation like that, your lucky if you even hit the target at all. Thats aiming center mass, let alone having to aim for an arm or leg? Lol, I am sure this will go over well at all the departments if it would pass... More dead officers... Nice

MachX2 is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
Yeah this will work, when your in a situation like that, your lucky if you even hit the target at all. Thats aiming center mass, let alone having to aim for an arm or leg? Lol, I am sure this will go over well at all the departments if it would pass... More dead officers... Nice
...more liberal voters left alive

VETTKLR is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Then again, you got cops that kill kids wielding playstation controllers. Some kid cam to the door of his own house, and was killed by a cop cause he had a playstation controller in his hand. I think I would have publicly executed that cop.

Of course if they are black or mexican, go ahead and shoot to kill. Just kidding lol. I still think they need to have far better training for cops, and much higher pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Then again, you got cops that kill kids wielding playstation controllers. Some kid cam to the door of his own house, and was killed by a cop cause he had a playstation controller in his hand. I think I would have publicly executed that cop.
Link?
Fox466 is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Then again, you got cops that kill kids wielding playstation controllers. Some kid cam to the door of his own house, and was killed by a cop cause he had a playstation controller in his hand. I think I would have publicly executed that cop.

Of course if they are black or mexican, go ahead and shoot to kill. Just kidding lol. I still think they need to have far better training for cops, and much higher pay.
Higher pay yes, but I have had plenty of training. Everyone makes mistakes. Some are far greater than others. I would love to read the story. Their is no excuse for what you have said happened. But, their is always two sides to every story. Remember, the news only covers one side.

MachX2 is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
...But, their is always two sides to every story. Remember, the news only covers one side.
TruBlu Matt is that you?



Fox466 is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I might, im drunk.......
 
Skidonenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: .
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Then again, you got cops that kill kids wielding playstation controllers. Some kid cam to the door of his own house, and was killed by a cop cause he had a playstation controller in his hand. I think I would have publicly executed that cop.

Of course if they are black or mexican, go ahead and shoot to kill. Just kidding lol. I still think they need to have far better training for cops, and much higher pay.
This the one?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/...ing/index.html

Ill reserve specific comment till after I see the video

Not trying to play down any incident like this and it sucks the girl died (insert inappropriate joke in bad taste about them having 3 more kids) and im sure the cop will have to live with it for the rest of his life. On the other hand being a cop is becoming more and more a thankless/high risk job. To go along with that humans are fallible and mistakes will be made, if you think a cop can be held to a higher standard in this area let me know when Jesus comes back and wants to go to work. This is not to include incidents of gross negligence. Personally I applaud them for doing this job with the possible risks/sacrifices that they face where a moments hesitation could be the day a mom/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter..... becomes another statistic watching out ass'
Skidonenko is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
TruBlu Matt is that you?



Lol, nope, not matt.

MachX2 is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
It is a stupid bill, but at the same time I'm not surprised that a politician is trying to do this. I've said it before that there are just a few douche bag cops that make the rest of them look like asshats. However police unions do too much to protect those douche bags. If the police did a better job of ridding themselves of the vermin among them, politicians would have a much tougher time even proposing bullshit like this.

I recall when David Kunkle got in as Dallas' head Popo, one of the first things he did was to start ridding the police dept. of their shit heads. They still have a lot of work to do in that dept. but I have a helluva lot more respect of Dallas cops knowing that their boss doesn't tolerate bullshit.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
Higher pay yes, but I have had plenty of training. Everyone makes mistakes. Some are far greater than others. I would love to read the story. Their is no excuse for what you have said happened. But, their is always two sides to every story. Remember, the news only covers one side.
What is the other side to that story? What, did the kid yank open the door as fast as he could, with the PS controller in his hand, point it at the cop's head and yell "BANG"? Like I said, public execution. If you can't handle a 13 year old with a PS controller, you need more training. Or, if you are that jumpy, then you don't have what it takes to do the job. Not saying I do, just saying that there are a lot of cops that don't.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidonenko View Post
This the one?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/...ing/index.html

Ill reserve specific comment till after I see the video

Not trying to play down any incident like this and it sucks the girl died (insert inappropriate joke in bad taste about them having 3 more kids) and im sure the cop will have to live with it for the rest of his life. On the other hand being a cop is becoming more and more a thankless/high risk job. To go along with that humans are fallible and mistakes will be made, if you think a cop can be held to a higher standard in this area let me know when Jesus comes back and wants to go to work. This is not to include incidents of gross negligence. Personally I applaud them for doing this job with the possible risks/sacrifices that they face where a moments hesitation could be the day a mom/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter..... becomes another statistic watching out ass'
Nope. Wrong story. It was a boy, he was like 13, and it was said that he had stolen some other boy's PS console and the cops got called to go check it out. Then they shot the kid when they got there, and he died of his injuries. And living with it for the rest of his life doesn't bring those people back from the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 05-27-2010 at 10:24 AM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidonenko View Post
This the one?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/...ing/index.html

Ill reserve specific comment till after I see the video

Not trying to play down any incident like this and it sucks the girl died (insert inappropriate joke in bad taste about them having 3 more kids) and im sure the cop will have to live with it for the rest of his life. On the other hand being a cop is becoming more and more a thankless/high risk job. To go along with that humans are fallible and mistakes will be made, if you think a cop can be held to a higher standard in this area let me know when Jesus comes back and wants to go to work. This is not to include incidents of gross negligence. Personally I applaud them for doing this job with the possible risks/sacrifices that they face where a moments hesitation could be the day a mom/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter..... becomes another statistic watching out ass'

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163060.html

Think this is it. Which still paints a different picture. That is human error on the officers part. No amount of training is going to help you there. They thought he had a gun, officer mistaked the ramming for gun shots. Nothing will bring this family their son back I agree. But, the police would have never even been there if their son didnt assault another kid and steal his ps3 either....

MachX2 is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Nope. Wrong story. It was a boy, he was like 13, and it was said that he had stolen some other boy's PS console and the cops got called to go check it out. Then they shot the kid when they got there, and he died of his injuries. And living with it for the rest of his life doesn't bring those people back from the dead.
It was an 18 year old also, thats why it was so hard to search for. He was also said to be armed and dangerous =P. Police found pictures of him and friends posing with assault weapons on the internet. So it makes a little more sense as to why he was nervous when serving a warrant on an armed robber. I'm not trying to justify what took place, as I wasn't there. However, the fact of him being an adult, and running around commiting Agg. robbery makes people less sympathetic.


Last edited by MachX2; 05-27-2010 at 10:59 AM.
MachX2 is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
What's next, free thug massages? Give us a fucking break you liberal pussies.
Na, they want to be more like England where most cops can't carry.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Very true. And that makes me think that some cops are so stupid. They ask questions like "Why do you want to carry?" And "Why do you own guns?" and I want to say "Look stupid, you like being able to carry a gun while on the job to defend your life? Well kiss it goodbye if they take ours. Cause just like in England, you're next!! So you better pray we get to keep our guns, cause if not then your job just got a lot more dangerous." But of course, upon any competent speculation, all cops take offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I might, im drunk.......
 
Skidonenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: .
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
What is the other side to that story? What, did the kid yank open the door as fast as he could, with the PS controller in his hand, point it at the cop's head and yell "BANG"? Like I said, public execution. If you can't handle a 13 year old with a PS controller, you need more training. Or, if you are that jumpy, then you don't have what it takes to do the job. Not saying I do, just saying that there are a lot of cops that don't.
After just a short search I read mentions of the bullet coming from another room/building and mention of duplex's/apartments. I just googled child killed by police officer.

And how do you think we should go about screening officers beforehand? I know it is not the same field but I have seen people that can pass and ASE test/graduated what ever technical school you can name and I would not trust those fucks to fix me dinner. As for a life and death situation how about doctors? I think this is more along the line of a cops job in that when you get called out you know the situation is already heading in the wrong direction. Should we start making cops carry insurance similar to a doctors?
Skidonenko is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
This is just the impression that I get. From all the cops I have ever had to deal with, the ones I have talked to have little to no people skills. They interrupt you when you are trying to tell them something, or ignore you, or start right off the bat by accusing you. They tend to assume the worst as soon as they look at you. They just come off as rude inconsiderate pricks who simply don't care to be professional/personable.

Being professional/personal would go a long way towards changing my attitude towards them. And the sad thing is, I got this from pretty minimal dealings with them. I am not some criminal, unless you consider "Rolled through stop sign" or "Failed to signal turn" to be a crime. Minor traffic violations is the only thing that I have ever had to even talk to the cops about, with the exception of them asking me if I had heard anything when a crime had been committed near my house. So its my humble opinion, that they just need a longer training period on how to deal with people.

And not "How to deal with violent people". I know they get all the training they need for that. They just need to learn how to deal with regular average joes that didn't just rob a convenience store or steal a car. And If you paid them 50K a year or some reasonable salary, you would attract a new caliber of individual to the job. Again, just my thoughts on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
This is just the impression that I get. From all the cops I have ever had to deal with, the ones I have talked to have little to no people skills. They interrupt you when you are trying to tell them something, or ignore you, or start right off the bat by accusing you. They tend to assume the worst as soon as they look at you. They just come off as rude inconsiderate pricks who simply don't care to be professional/personable.

Being professional/personal would go a long way towards changing my attitude towards them. And the sad thing is, I got this from pretty minimal dealings with them. I am not some criminal, unless you consider "Rolled through stop sign" or "Failed to signal turn" to be a crime. Minor traffic violations is the only thing that I have ever had to even talk to the cops about, with the exception of them asking me if I had heard anything when a crime had been committed near my house. So its my humble opinion, that they just need a longer training period on how to deal with people.

And not "How to deal with violent people". I know they get all the training they need for that. They just need to learn how to deal with regular average joes that didn't just rob a convenience store or steal a car. And If you paid them 50K a year or some reasonable salary, you would attract a new caliber of individual to the job. Again, just my thoughts on the matter.
New caliber of people? Alot of agencies pay 50k+. Also, officers don't get into law enforcement for the money, its something they want to do. If you get in it for the money, you won't last long at all. I suggest doing a ride along with an officer, so you can see their day to day before whining about them not being "nice" to you. As for the officers interupting you while your talking, and accusing you right of the bat. On a failing to stop and failure to signal, what do you have to explain or be accused of? You either did it, or you didn't. If an officer interupts you, its usually because you aren't telling him what he asked, or it has nothing to do with the investigation.

Last edited by MachX2; 05-30-2010 at 10:21 AM.
MachX2 is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
I might, im drunk.......
 
Skidonenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: .
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
This is just the impression that I get. From all the cops I have ever had to deal with, the ones I have talked to have little to no people skills. They interrupt you when you are trying to tell them something, or ignore you, or start right off the bat by accusing you. They tend to assume the worst as soon as they look at you. They just come off as rude inconsiderate pricks who simply don't care to be professional/personable.

Being professional/personal would go a long way towards changing my attitude towards them. And the sad thing is, I got this from pretty minimal dealings with them. I am not some criminal, unless you consider "Rolled through stop sign" or "Failed to signal turn" to be a crime. Minor traffic violations is the only thing that I have ever had to even talk to the cops about, with the exception of them asking me if I had heard anything when a crime had been committed near my house. So its my humble opinion, that they just need a longer training period on how to deal with people.

And not "How to deal with violent people". I know they get all the training they need for that. They just need to learn how to deal with regular average joes that didn't just rob a convenience store or steal a car. And If you paid them 50K a year or some reasonable salary, you would attract a new caliber of individual to the job. Again, just my thoughts on the matter.

My couple dealings have all just the opposite and those guys went above an beyond taking care of me, this being outside traffic crap, and the friends/family I know that are cops
Skidonenko is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
That right there is part of the problem. "They don't do it for the money." "They do it cause its something they want to do." Translation: "They get paid dick to do a dangerous job and put up with complete assholes and criminals all day." Well hmm... now what type of person do you think that is going to turn them into? They get paid dick, their life is on the line, and they are cursed at, shot at, and spit on all day. I guess I'm a fucking rocket scientist or something because I realize that kind of stuff will make some pretty unhappy people.

The blow would be softened greatly simply by paying them more money. Hell this is even true for people who aren't dealing with the scum of humanity on a daily basis. And as for "Agencies" paying more? Lol, what "agencies"? I hope you aren't referring to the local police force. "Agencies" like the FBI, sure. But its about $23k in my town. (as per the newspaper) And I think it should start higher than that. You're wrong if you don't think that low pay affects many a cop's attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
That right there is part of the problem. "They don't do it for the money." "They do it cause its something they want to do." Translation: "They get paid dick to do a dangerous job and put up with complete assholes and criminals all day." Well hmm... now what type of person do you think that is going to turn them into? They get paid dick, their life is on the line, and they are cursed at, shot at, and spit on all day. I guess I'm a fucking rocket scientist or something because I realize that kind of stuff will make some pretty unhappy people.

The blow would be softened greatly simply by paying them more money. Hell this is even true for people who aren't dealing with the scum of humanity on a daily basis. And as for "Agencies" paying more? Lol, what "agencies"? I hope you aren't referring to the local police force. "Agencies" like the FBI, sure. But its about $23k in my town. (as per the newspaper) And I think it should start higher than that. You're wrong if you don't think that low pay affects many a cop's attitude.
23k???!!!? I don't know if I have even seen that low... I have seen 30k, and thought that was funny. Your tag says ft. worth, I hope this isn't the town you speak of. In my academy, we had a doctor in it, and a veterinarian in it. So how can you get a better caliber of people? Many officers have bachelor degrees also. I know in arlington all of their officers have bachelor degrees. I don't know where you live, but 23k isn't the going rate for officers.
MachX2 is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
I haven't changed that tag since I moved. I live roughly 30 miles south of fort worth. So the change in pay could be due to the cost of living. Even still, 30K in fort worth to get shit on by people? It all goes back to the old adage: Take care of your people, and they'll take care of you.

I have even heard deputy sheriffs complaining about their pay in Whataburger. One of them was telling the others that he started out at $13 an hour in 1999. This was probly 5 years ago so you have to account for the time. And they are exposed to all the same things the cops are, though perhaps in a lesser volume. I'll even come off of 50K and say 40K to start. Just so its more affordable for the city. As much as local governments waste on dumb shit though, I bet they could afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I haven't changed that tag since I moved. I live roughly 30 miles south of fort worth. So the change in pay could be due to the cost of living. Even still, 30K in fort worth to get shit on by people? It all goes back to the old adage: Take care of your people, and they'll take care of you.

I have even heard deputy sheriffs complaining about their pay in Whataburger. One of them was telling the others that he started out at $13 an hour in 1999. This was probly 5 years ago so you have to account for the time. And they are exposed to all the same things the cops are, though perhaps in a lesser volume. I'll even come off of 50K and say 40K to start. Just so its more affordable for the city. As much as local governments waste on dumb shit though, I bet they could afford it.
I get what you are saying. Fort worth starts at 48k a year after their academy. I am 30 miles south of dallas, and the pay isn't bad here either. You are going to have your small towns that don't want to pay their officers anything. So, they get what they pay for. Deputys have a tougher job in my opinion. Their backup is much farther away.
MachX2 is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Have you seen what soldiers get and are spit on, don't get to go home to their families for a year at a time and are expected to play nice?
forever_frost is offline  
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
I'd punch an old lady in the face for spitting on a soldier. And I'm not joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I've been spat on and had one bastard chunk a brick at my head. I couldn't fire back, but could you imagine if a cop had a brick pegged off his dome?
forever_frost is offline  
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
Comparing police to the average soldier abroad is a disservice to the soldiers serving abroad. I do know a lot of people that went from the military into police work. I'd wager that their view of their job and the way they treat citizens is far different from the guys straight out of the police academies. That would be an interesting social study in and of itself.

Here is my take on the po po. Not all of them are bad. Heck not even most of them are bad. But the sad problem is that enough of them are bad to ruin the reputation of all officers everywhere. And until the decent officers are willing to clean up their own backyard, they don't deserve trust or respect. It's the same for politicians, most televangelists and Muslims. No one should trust any of you, and for good reason.

Be professional, be polite, but assume everyone is out to kill you.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
TruBlu Matt is that you?




LOL! No, I only have one screen name!
03trubluGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome