Heaven forbid you put anything before the safety of your party. For all the bitching about partisan politics that goes on on this site you motherfuckers certainly do a lot to feed that fire.
Well, if you consider posting facts "bitching", then you're right.
Do you see Texas heading in the wrong direction currently? I certainly don't.
Let's take a look at Bill White. In a nutshell.....
* Attorney for 14 years
* Served Bill Clinton for 2 years
* One of the "Turn in guns for groceries" type leaders (these programs rarely work)
* Big open liberal arms for Hurricane Katrina victims....... and then WHOOOPS! Houston's homicide rate increased 13.5%
* After Hurricane Katrina, White failed to put a successful evac plan in place. When Hurricane Rita hit, evacuations were ordered under White's lead without a feasible plan, causing ALL freeways to clog and backed them up for several hours causing chaos.
* White's SafeClear Program for getting stalled vehicles off of roadways was a nightmare. It hurt local towing businesses, was linked to deaths of motorists trying to push their cars off of roads themselves, increased drive times 86% etc etc.
* Has a reputation for welcoming illegal immigrants. Encouraged home owners to use illegal immigrant labor to clean up after Hurricane damage.
And I'll never figure out why Bill White didn't endorse bama, but took an ad out in an African American magazine with his picture next to bama's. There was also a piece in the "Austin American-Statesman" where Bill White's spokesman trumps up Bill White's close relationship with the bama administration regarding energy. Would you trust Bill White when it comes time for Cap & Trade to come to Texas? Yikes!