Attorney General Eric Holder Admits To Not Reading Arizona’s Immigration Law - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

Attorney General Eric Holder Admits To Not Reading Arizona’s Immigration Law

Despite repeatedly voicing concerns about Arizona's new immigration enforcement law in recent weeks and threatening to challenge it, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday he has not yet read the law -- which is only 10 pages long.

"I have not had a chance to -- I've glanced at it," Holder said at a House Judiciary Committee hearing when asked by Rep.Ted Poe, R-Texas whether Holder has read the state law cracking down on illegal immigrants.

"I'll give you my copy of it if you would like," Poe responded.

Holder told reporters last month that he fears the new law is subject to abuse and that the Justice Department and the Homeland Security Department are in the midst of conducting a review.

The Arizona law requires local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, and makes it a state crime to be in the United States illegally.

The law has sparked protests across the country, including a City Council-approved boycott of Arizona businesses by Los Angeles.But proponents deny that the law encourages racial profiling, with some saying the local controversy is a symptom of a broken federal immigration system.

However, varying public opinion polls show 60-70 percent of Americans support the law.

Holder said last month that a number of options are under consideration, including the possibility of a court challenge.

On Thursday, Holder said he plans to read the law before reaching a decision on whether he thinks it's constitutional.

When asked by Poe how he could have constitutional concerns about a law he has not read, Holder said: "Well, what I've said is that I've not made up my mind. I've only made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel...looking at the law."

On Sunday, Holder said he does not think Arizona's law is racially motivated but voiced concern that its enforcement could lead to racial profiling.

Holder said he understands the frustration behind the Arizona law, but he warned during an appearance on ABC's "This Week" that "we could potentially get on a slippery slope where people will be picked on because of how they look as opposed to what they have done."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Lifer

*I don't know what it is, but I don't like it!*

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Lifer

When asked by Poe how he could have constitutional concerns about a law he has not read, Holder said: "Well, what I've said is that I've not made up my mind. I've only made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel...looking at the law."

Dumbass. He should know you can't believe the media before making such and important decision.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 PM
makin' bacon

Every time I hear or read some fuck-nugget reporter wannabe call it an "immigration" bill it makes me want to stomp kittens.

This just in, it is an illegal alien bill and doesn't have jack-shit to do with immigration.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
*I don't know what it is, but I don't like it!*
All he had to do in the first place when asked about the Law on the talk shows is, "I haven't read the bill, so I can not comment about the law. From what I've been told, it can open up the doors to unfair racial profiling. But as I said, I haven't read the bill, so I will withhold opinion on it until I've read it". EASY! Piece of cake.

Instead of doing that, he's been saying nothing but negative things about the Bill.

Last edited by CJD; 05-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Lifer

Bitch can't find the time to read a 10-page bill? Give me a fucking break! He's the AG of the US! What a clown. He should resign over the weekend.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bitch can't find the time to read a 10-page bill? Give me a fucking break! He's the AG of the US! What a clown. He should resign over the weekend.
The problem is he is out there running his damn mouth without reading it. If he cant spend the 20min to read the law, he better not spend 2 minutes talking about it.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Lifer

These fucktards dont read anything. Just like the healthcare bill, they dont want us to read either. Blind leading the blind.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Which one's the clutch?

I think everyone of our senators and congressmen should be fired, most put on trial for treason.
In the mean time, randomly select people in the phone book.It would work much better for the "American" people.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.

Last edited by Craizie; 05-15-2010 at 04:09 AM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Canada is welcome here.

What a retard. But in the end, it doesn't even matter. The law is the law, and it's difficult to get it repealed. However, now that they have the win, they need to run with it, and do what politicians do best. Add a little here, add a little there, until it's basically impossible to be an illegal in AZ. My hope is that once that gets going, the other border states will grow a pair of balls and at least imitate AZ a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 AM
T-MINUS

Based on his views and the way he and the rest of the circus administration handle the rule of this land, I'd say there is a crucial piece of paper none of them have read.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Based on his views and the way he and the rest of the circus administration handle the rule of this land, I'd say there is a crucial piece of paper none of them have read.
My sig is an appropriate solution to this post.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
What a retard. But in the end, it doesn't even matter. The law is the law, and it's difficult to get it repealed. However, now that they have the win, they need to run with it, and do what politicians do best. Add a little here, add a little there, until it's basically impossible to be an illegal in AZ. My hope is that once that gets going, the other border states will grow a pair of balls and at least imitate AZ a little bit.
Texas won't, as long as Dick Perry is Gov.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
Texas won't, as long as Dick Perry is Gov.
Maybe after November, when Perry is re-elected. He won't do anything to jeopardize this election.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Maybe after November, when Perry is re-elected. He won't do anything to jeopardize this election.
Lets hope!

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Lifer

uhhh uhhh uhhhh uhhhh uhhhh uhhh uhhh. seems like thats the only thing that guy knows how to say. and to even make a judgement on a law he hasnt even read yet is fucking dumb

98 Brokra
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:

Assholes didnt read the healthcare bill either. The Congressional Budget Office announced that its gonna cost 300B+ instead of the 100B proposed while trying to pass it. They were asked why... Their answer "we didnt have enough time to read it"

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:18 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
My sig is an appropriate solution to this post.
Is it a rope or a gun? I have sigs off.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:22 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Is it a rope or a gun? I have sigs off.
Lolz. Sadly, no. It is a quote from Thomas Jefferson, telling us what we should do. More to the point, what we should have left in place.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second
down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized
version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

Napolitano Admits She Hasn't Read Arizona Law But Says She Wouldn't Sign It

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...t_sign_it.html

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano admits she hasn't read the Arizona immigration law, but passed judgment on it anyway. "That's not the kind of law I would have signed," she declared. "I believe it's a bad law enforcement law. I believe it mandates and requires local enforcement and puts them in a position many do not want to be placed in," Napolitano said. "When I was dealing with laws of that ilk, most of the law enforcement agencies in Arizona at that time were opposed to such legislation," she claimed.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Canada is welcome here.

All I see from the vid is more liberal fag crying about a law that passed weeks ago. When will they drop it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement