Israel/Palestine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Israel/Palestine

Whats the latest with this? I remember prior to 9/11 there used to be CONSTANT news coverage on them battling every day. I also remember they used to cover the carnage in Chechnya as well. Amazing how you never hear about that shit anymore. Every day in the evening on ABC World News it was gun battles, blood, and fires.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM
makin' bacon

Obama is anti-Israeli, so therefor the media is also. Media coverage of issues in Israel are counter-productive to the messiah's wishes, so the media dares not to cover it.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I agree. Sounds like the truth.

However, I do wonder about the media's bias. Or rather, how they can possibly sustain it. In any industry, there are standards of behavior that everyone (including the general public) expects the industry to live by. If you go outside of that, you tend to draw negative attention to yourself. I mean if you had a car company that made a lightweight four cylinder car that only got 20MPG, that car company would be cast in a very negative light and therefor people would begin to talk bad about them, and not buy from that company.

The "media" is also basically just a company. And they are sort of going outside of what their calling is, which is to simply deliver the news with a no bias one way or the other. I always thought that the news was supposed to let the people decide whats going on, not decide it for them and try and force opinions on them. There are a lot of journalists from the old days who would be completely disgusted by that. So how is it that they are immune to what all other industries are not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Lifer

Iran is the country that the media likes to fawn over these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement