Tougher Immigration for Tx too! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Tougher Immigration for Tx too!

We can all hope it catches on and spreads rapidly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/...igration_texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS WHAT ?? View Post
explain.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
We are fucking Lone Star State TEXAS can't we come up with our own fucking law and not copy another state.
It's a good law. I don't see any problem with it.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

It wont happen.......
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4V View Post
It wont happen.......
This too.

I give it a 30% chance of passing.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Resident Epicurean

We can hope, right?
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
It wont happen.......
Not until a Texan rancher gets gunned down, anyway...

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM
PAN

A measure like that should have been passed YEARS ago.

My bet is that Perry will be screaming from the rooftops that he's gonna pass this the day after he gets re-elected..

Then nothing will happen with it...
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
IA2

Quote:
We are fucking Lone Star State TEXAS can't we come up with our own fucking law and not copy another state.
The arizona law was carefully crafted to withstand legal challenges. It very closely follows already existing FEDERAL law.

So we copied it - who really gives a shit? At least *something* is happening in austin on illegal immigration.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
It wont happen.......
It NEEDS to happen. . . . . .

post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Token Troll

The Dems will just go run off to another state again, should it become a bill for voting.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
makin' bacon

Fuck yahoo news in their liberal biased asshole. The title of that 'news' report:

"Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill"

It doesn't have jack-shit to do with trying to keep immigrants out, it is to help get the illegal border-jumping filth removed.

I'm so fucking sick of the fucking media spin.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
The arizona law was carefully crafted to withstand legal challenges. It very closely follows already existing FEDERAL law.

So we copied it - who really gives a shit? At least *something* is happening in austin on illegal immigration.
I'd like to see this go to the courts. If the courts rule that States CANNOT enforce the federal law, that means that the States do not have to follow federal law. This can work out in favor of millions of Americans.

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
A measure like that should have been passed YEARS ago.

My bet is that Perry will be screaming from the rooftops that he's gonna pass this the day after he gets re-elected..

Then nothing will happen with it...

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

While I like what the Arizona law is trying to do, I think they'll lose in the supreme court. I think the 14th amendments equal protection clause is gonna be used as the reason to kill it.

However, that court case could end up outlining in what ways a state can combat illegal immigration.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Lifer

in texas we already hand over illegals to ICE, I do not think we need a law. if we make it a law that means we would need to come up with a criminal procedure for this crime at the state level. if this is a law, a suspect must be presumed innocent until proven guilty. how do you deal with a suspect? write them a ticket? take them to jail have them arraigned then let them post bail? hold them in jail till trial? who pays the court costs? how to you punish them? jail? a state jail term (at the tax payers expense) as punishment for being in the state illegally and then handing them over to ICE, seems like a waste of money

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
in texas we already hand over illegals to ICE,
Since when?
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
x2 this has been going on for as far as I can remember.
Then I pose the same question to you. Since when?
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
since ever
He's got you there coop.

How can you argue with the logic of such a well constructed rebuttal?
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Lifer

I pray that Texas and 48 other states pass it. We need to slow the flood of immigrants, Messican or otherwise, and all of their offspring before they take control of everyrthing. Once that happens, we WILL lose our state/country.
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

Quote:
in texas we already hand over illegals to ICE, I do not think we need a law. if we make it a law that means we would need to come up with a criminal procedure for this crime at the state level. if this is a law, a suspect must be presumed innocent until proven guilty. how do you deal with a suspect? write them a ticket? take them to jail have them arraigned then let them post bail? hold them in jail till trial? who pays the court costs? how to you punish them? jail? a state jail term (at the tax payers expense) as punishment for being in the state illegally and then handing them over to ICE, seems like a waste of money
There is already a law, I believe it is failure to ID. They can take you in to figure out who you are before letting you loose.

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Lifer

in Dallas county at Lew Sterrett justice center the ICE officers round them up as they get booked. they have been doing this for years.

post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
in Dallas county at Lew Sterrett justice center the ICE officers round them up as they get booked. they have been doing this for years.

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble finding Lew Sterrett on a map....
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Then no, it's not the same as what they have been doing for years. If they are at Lew Sterret, they are already there for crimes they have committed. In which case, the only logical solution is to deport them. An illegal, who broke a law in entering the country, then broke other laws while here, and got caught. Not even close to the same.

Try getting hit by an illegal, who admits he is illegal, and of course, has no insurance. See what the cops say.... I'll hold my breath....
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Google Lewis Derrick.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Then no, it's not the same as what they have been doing for years. If they are at Lew Sterret, they are already there for crimes they have committed. In which case, the only logical solution is to deport them. An illegal, who broke a law in entering the country, then broke other laws while here, and got caught. Not even close to the same.

Try getting hit by an illegal, who admits he is illegal, and of course, has no insurance. See what the cops say.... I'll hold my breath....
Like the one that hit my sister. It was his fault and the cop, which happened to be messican, didn't even check his ID or insurance. He just let him go after having a personal conversation with him. Then, the information he gave my sister turned out to be bad, leaving her insurance company to absorb the cost.

Last edited by line-em-up; 04-28-2010 at 02:24 PM.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Google Lewis Derrick.
I know. I'm poking fun at his knowledge of the Laws of the land, yet can't seem to get the spelling right.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:

in Dallas they catch these people with a traffic violation or other misdemeanor, when they do not have documentation dallas PD brings them in. now in AZ instead of handing them over to ICE, they are going to charge them with a crime, put them on trial, then issue a punishment, all payed for by state tax payers. whats going to happen when they are done serving time in the state jail?

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
here is a link: http://www.dallassheriffsoffice.com/...formation.html

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
in Dallas they catch these people with a traffic violation
No, they don't. Have you ever seen this with your own eyes? They don't haul in illegals when they committ traffic violations. When you've been hit by an illegal that ran a red light, and has no insurance, let me know. I've been in said situation. The cops let him go. Unfortunately, this holds true for everyone I know that has ever been hit by an illegal. The local LEOs don't waste efforts or resources on it, period. Once they get caught for possession, theft, assault, murder, or other real crimes, THEN they get deported. Hence why ICE is always at Lew Sterret, not patrolling the streets.
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
07 TBSS

Ya ICE is out there rounding them up everyday...yet everyday off 75 southbound right before 635 the usual pack of 40 are out chillin in front of the gas station. Don't drive by there you say...ok how about Arlington...Cooper st...the racetrack between Mayfield & Arkansas Ln? If these examples don't work you could probably google the other locales for illegal aid in home renovation since they've also been a stable site for the past decade!

07 TBSS mods inc
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No, they don't. Have you ever seen this with your own eyes? They don't haul in illegals when they committ traffic violations. When you've been hit by an illegal that ran a red light, and has no insurance, let me know. I've been in said situation. The cops let him go. Unfortunately, this holds true for everyone I know that has ever been hit by an illegal. The local LEOs don't waste efforts or resources on it, period. Once they get caught for possession, theft, assault, murder, or other real crimes, THEN they get deported. Hence why ICE is always at Lew Sterret, not patrolling the streets.
I actually have seen this with my own eyes, while working on my undergrad took a class in criminal procedure, spent a whole day down at the justice center from booking to trial we got to see it all and have everything explained to us. if a cop pulls someone over and they do not have any ID or documentation, do you really think the cop lets them go? of course not.

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I actually have seen this with my own eyes, while working on my undergrad took a class in criminal procedure, spent a whole day down at the justice center from booking to trial we got to see it all and have everything explained to us. if a cop pulls someone over and they do not have any ID or documentation, do you really think the cop lets them go? of course not.
Are you stupid? I just told you, that YES THE COPS LET THEM GO! I've seen it with my own eyes. On more than one occasion. Even when traffic violations and hit and runs have occurred.

I have a hard time believing you are this dense.
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Like bcoop said, you're wrong. The cops often let them go.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think that is the norm. Irving passed a law/ordinance so that if someone was stopped and didn't have a valid ID, they would go straight to jail and then ICE would sort out their legal status. Even though Irving wasn't profiling or enforcing immigration laws, the messicans still got up in arms about it.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
I don't think that is the norm. Irving passed a law/ordinance so that if someone was stopped and didn't have a valid ID, they would go straight to jail and then ICE would sort out their legal status. Even though Irving wasn't profiling or enforcing immigration laws, the messicans still got up in arms about it.
I know of an incident AFTER that law, where the Irving PD didn't do jack shit, and it involved an entire house full of illegals.
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Lifer

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the illegal immigrant area that was built in Plano with tax money. I would think if ICE was actively going after them, that would be the first spot.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Lifer

I will be voting NO for such a law in The Great State of Texas.
If you are an illegal immigrant and get arrested I believe that that person
should be deported back to there country of birth. No questions asked.
When a state starts asking its lawful tax paying citizens for prof of citizenship
for no other reason than being a different race other than the prevailing one, then
at that point we need to start asking our selfs if we truly are a free society.
At that point we need to ask our local, state and federal government(s) what will
be next? Is a state going to require its citizens to carry a nationalized state card?
This is just one of many reasons why I will be vehemently opposing such a law
in Texas. Big brother want's a stronger hold on its citizens and we are making it easer for them everyday. I truly hope that my train of thought is VERY wrong.

Last edited by 564826; 04-28-2010 at 04:40 PM.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
makin' bacon

You sure can tell who is mexican in this thread.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
You sure can tell who is mexican in this thread.

Stevo
ME

Anyways....everyone can keep dreaming/arguing ... but its never going to stop!!!
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Fuck yahoo news in their liberal biased asshole. The title of that 'news' report:

"Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill"

It doesn't have jack-shit to do with trying to keep immigrants out, it is to help get the illegal border-jumping filth removed.

I'm so fucking sick of the fucking media spin.

Stevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
I pray that Texas and 48 other states pass it. We need to slow the flood of immigrants, Messican or otherwise, and all of their offspring before they take control of everyrthing. Once that happens, we WILL lose our state/country.
I'd make them work to pay off their deportation bill before they get to be deported. They are also working for their food and shelter while doing this. And a little something for the state's trouble. What I'd really like to see happen, is have them enter a period of "indentured servitude" or something like that. They get to live here and work here for like $3.50 an hour, (roughly 3000 times better than they made in Meheco) and they must do this for... 7 years. After that they are legal citizens and are allowed to have 2 kids, and pursue any career they like. Getting work for such drastically reduced cost would really bolster our economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I'd make them work to pay off their deportation bill before they get to be deported. They are also working for their food and shelter while doing this. And a little something for the state's trouble. What I'd really like to see happen, is have them enter a period of "indentured servitude" or something like that. They get to live IN PRISON AND WORK HARD LABOR WITH NO PAY and they must do this for... 7 years. After that, they GET DEPORTED. Getting work for such drastically reduced cost would really bolster our economy.
Fixed.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564826 View Post
Is a state going to require its citizens to carry a nationalized state card?
Hopefully.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Hopefully.
Your kidding right?

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Time Served

or we could just sit on our asses and do nothing, and then in 20 years when every mexican family has 6 kids and america starts to resemble that overpopulated shithole mexico we can go "What happened?!!"

Im up for doing just about anything to hammer it in there heads that they are breaking the fucking law.

And yes they deport white europeans all the damn time, mainly cause THEY KNOW THEY ARE HERE cause they come legally.

My buddy from the UK got deported a year ago, he didnt want to go back but was forced.

Hate how they always play they damn race card. You are not that special, we are not picking only on you. The reason we dont have canadians flooding the border is cause....well they understand that laws and people following them make peace for everyone.

I dont think the mexicans get it cause the cartels run their country and the police are worthless so what good are "laws"

They only reason we are seeing any action now is cause the shit that ruined mexico is following them to the US. And the hispanic americans are pulling the race card and wont let us do anything about it. They need to get on board and realize that we arent trying to punish them for the color of their skin, we are trying to protect america and its citizens and that includes the brown folks!

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
or we could just sit on our asses and do nothing, and then in 20 years when every mexican family has 6 kids and america starts to resemble that overpopulated shithole mexico we can go "What happened?!!"

Im up for doing just about anything to hammer it in there heads that they are breaking the fucking law.

And yes they deport white europeans all the damn time, mainly cause THEY KNOW THEY ARE HERE cause they come legally.

My buddy from the UK got deported a year ago, he didnt want to go back but was forced.

Hate how they always play they damn race card. You are not that special, we are not picking only on you. The reason we dont have canadians flooding the border is cause....well they understand that laws and people following them make peace for everyone.

I dont think the mexicans get it cause the cartels run their country and the police are worthless so what good are "laws"

They only reason we are seeing any action now is cause the shit that ruined mexico is following them to the US. And the hispanic americans are pulling the race card and wont let us do anything about it. They need to get on board and realize that we arent trying to punish them for the color of their skin, we are trying to protect america and its citizens and that includes the brown folks!

x2 nice post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement