Rasmussen Poll: Perry 48% White 44% - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Rasmussen Poll: Perry 48% White 44%

in the seven weeks since incumbent Rick Perry won the Republican Primary, there has been little change in the race for Governor of Texas.
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely Texas voters finds Perry with 48% support. His Democratic opponent, former Houston Mayor Bill White, picks up 44% of the vote, his best showing to date. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) remain undecided.
A month ago, just after beating back Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison’s GOP Primary challenge, Perry led White 49% to 43%.
Any incumbent who earns less than 50% support at this stage of a campaign is considered potentially vulnerable.
Perry has hit 50% only once so far this year, in January just after White announced his candidacy.
The Rasmussen Reports Media Meter shows that most press coverage of both candidates has been negative in the week prior to release of this poll. Media Meter results are updated daily at RasmussenReports.com/Texas along with the latest polling and other Texas news.
(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.
Opposition to the just-passed national health care plan is even higher in Texas than it is nationally.
Sixty-seven percent (67%) of Texas voters favor repeal of the health care plan while just 28% are opposed.
These figures include 58% who strongly favor repeal and 23% who strongly oppose it.
Perry picks up 75% of the votes of those who strongly favor repeal. White gets 89% of the votes of the smaller group who are strongly opposed.
The incumbent who is seeking an unprecedented third term as governor holds a slight lead among male voters and breaks roughly even among women. Voters not affiliated with either party give Perry a modest five-point edge over White.
White is viewed very favorably by 21% of Texas voters and very unfavorably by 16%.
For Perry, very favorables are 20% and very unfavorables 22%.
Both candidates are well-known in the state, but at this point in a campaign, Rasmussen Reports considers the number of people with strong opinions more significant than the total favorable/unfavorable numbers.
Ten percent (10%) of Texas voters rate the economy as good or excellent. Forty percent (40%) think it’s in poor shape.
Thirty-two percent (32%) say the economy is getting better, while 46% believe it’s getting worse. Eighteen percent (18%) say it’s staying about the same.
John McCain carried Texas over Barack Obama by a 55% to 44% margin in November 2008. Forty-two percent (42%) of voters in the state now approve of the job Obama is performing as president. Approval of Obama is lower in Texas than it is nationally in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.
Fifty-nine percent (59%) of voters in Texas currently approve of the job Perry is doing as governor, up five points from a month ago. This includes 19% who strongly approve. Forty percent (40%) disapprove of his job performance, including 22% who strongly disapprove.
In 2008, Rasmussen Reports projected nationally that Obama would defeat McCain by a 52% to 46% margin. Obama won 53% to 46%. Four years earlier, Rasmussen Reports projected the national vote totals for both George W. Bush and John Kerry within half-a-percentage-point.
In Texas, Rasmussen Reports polled on two races during the 2008 campaign. In the race for president, Rasmussen polling showed McCain leading Obama 54% to 44%. McCain won the state 55% to 44%. In the 2008 Senate race, Rasmussen polling showed John Cornyn leading Richard Noriega 55% to 40%. Cornyn won 55% to 43%.
In the 2006 race for U.S. Senate, Rasmussen polling showed Hutchison winning 60% to 34% over Barbara Radnofsky. Hutchison won 62% to 36%. In that year’s race for governor, the final Rasmussen Reports poll showed Perry leading a four-way race by 11 points with Perry at 36% and Chris Bell at 25%. Perry won by nine, 39% to 30%.

cannonball996 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
As long as he keeps the secession and running for president talks at bay he should win pretty easily.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
well he is going to have to do something if he is going to win, 48% does not get him re elected. it just puts him in a run off against white, with out any 3rd party candidates.

cannonball996 is offline  
 
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smithville
Posts: 1,993
it will be tight but perry will pull it off.

i can't believe more didn't go with medina,but then she had no $$$ to get her name out.


no money = FAIL.

RON PAUL '08
fast83 is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
well he is going to have to do something if he is going to win, 48% does not get him re elected. it just puts him in a run off against white, with out any 3rd party candidates.
We don't have runoffs in Texas for the Governor's seat. The person with the most votes wins.

That said, I'm kinda surprised that it's that close.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
We don't have runoffs in Texas for the Governor's seat. The person with the most votes wins.

That said, I'm kinda surprised that it's that close.
I think it is close because of the the anti-incumbent message alot of voters are sending out. Perry is reaping what he has sown not being truly conservative all these years and now he is squeaking by. I think Hillary did not see the far left trend that got Obama elected and she went middle of the road and it cost her the nomination since the far left went with Obama.

If there are only 2 people running, how would there be less than 51% for one anyway unless a bunch of people throw away their vote for someone that has NO chance of winning? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
there are a few 3rd party candidates, from the green party, the libertarian party and the constitution party

cannonball996 is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
there are a few 3rd party candidates, from the green party, the libertarian party and the constitution party that have no chance of winning
Fixed

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
I hope White wins. Perry is a crook.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
Avery'sDad is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
I hope White wins. Perry is a crook.
Is it personal about Perry or are you a Democrat/liberal?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Is it personal about Perry or are you a Democrat/liberal?
I'm not on one side or the other. I think Perry is the worst of the 2. It's funny how a disagreement puts someone on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Both sides are working together. Reminds me of professional wrestling when they display and utter hatred towards each other in public only to shake hands for a job well done behind closed doors.

Divide and conquer. Have half the population go against the other half so they wont look at the real enemy.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
Avery'sDad is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
I'm not on one side or the other. I think Perry is the worst of the 2. It's funny how a disagreement puts someone on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Both sides are working together. Reminds me of professional wrestling when they display and utter hatred towards each other in public only to shake hands for a job well done behind closed doors.

Divide and conquer. Have half the population go against the other half so they wont look at the real enemy.
I am conservative and advocate conservative/traditional values. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who advocates the exact opposite of my core values. You have the right to vote for whoever you choose. I was just curious why someone thought Perry was the devil and White was so good.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I am conservative and advocate conservative/traditional values. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who advocates the exact opposite of my core values. You have the right to vote for whoever you choose. I was just curious why someone thought Perry was the devil and White was so good.
The same reason so many people voted for Obama...Obama wasn't Bush (even though Bush wasn't running) and White is not Perry.

I still can't figure out how the left sold that a McCain administration would be a 3rd Bush term. They are so different, it's not even funny.

HOOCBB is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
I'm for anybody but Perry... I sick of that arrogant, smug, self-entitled s.o.b.

If it's Bill White as the opposition, so be it, he has my vote.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Is it personal about Perry or are you a Democrat/liberal?
I wouldn't classify White as a liberal - more an old school southern democrat. He's not a bad choice. He did a great job during and after IKE.
stinginstang is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
The same reason so many people voted for Obama...Obama wasn't Bush (even though Bush wasn't running) and White is not Perry.

I still can't figure out how the left sold that a McCain administration would be a 3rd Bush term. They are so different, it's not even funny.
I actually think having Obama in office has been a good thing. It has made being conservative popular and mainstream again.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn View Post
I'm for anybody but Perry... I sick of that arrogant, smug, self-entitled s.o.b.

If it's Bill White as the opposition, so be it, he has my vote.

mardyn
I just remember the liberals saying "anyone but Bush" and how stupid it sounded to me. There are always worse options than the evil you know. I don't know if White will be better or worse, but Perry is the more conservative of the two viable options. I voted for Medina so perry is not my first choice by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
I wouldn't classify White as a liberal - more an old school southern democrat. He's not a bad choice. He did a great job during and after IKE.
You seem to know White so is he more or less conservative (in a traditional conservative sense) than Perry?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
I have never understood the logic behind voting in a democrat on the grounds that the republican opposition isn't conservative enough.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I am conservative and advocate conservative/traditional values. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who advocates the exact opposite of my core values. You have the right to vote for whoever you choose. I was just curious why someone thought Perry was the devil and White was so good.


Just curious where doubling the national debt in 8 years fit into conservative values ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
White is not your traditional democrat... I think he's a good option to another 4 years of Perry and his shenanigans.

I typically vote Republican, but I voted for Medina in the Primary too, as many have said before me... "the republican party left me when they abandoned the conservative principles that got 'em in office in the first place'.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Just curious where doubling the national debt in 8 years fit into conservative values ?
If we had not had to fight the War on Terror I might have agreed with you. Where did I ever say Bush was the perfect conservative? Bush was the best choice in both elections on election day IMO.

Who do you think was better than Bush, and had a chance to get elected in the actual election, in either election who ran against Bush?

How about you address the point we are discussing: How is it logical for a person who claims to be conservative to allow a liberal person to get elected by not voting for a candidate because they are not conservative enough?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

Last edited by Paladin; 04-21-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Paladin is offline  
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn View Post
White is not your traditional democrat... I think he's a good option to another 4 years of Perry and his shenanigans.

I typically vote Republican, but I voted for Medina in the Primary too, as many have said before me... "the republican party left me when they abandoned the conservative principles that got 'em in office in the first place'.

mardyn
I understand that logic to a point. The point where you lose me is going to a more liberal candidate who agrees with less of your core conservative values than the person you refuse to vote for.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
what makes perry conservative?
what makes bill white liberal?

cannonball996 is offline  
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If we had not had to fight the War on Terror I might have agreed with you. Where did I ever say Bush was the perfect conservative? Bush was the best choice in both elections on election day IMO.

Who do you think was better than Bush, and had a chance to get elected in the actual election, in either election who ran against Bush?

How about you address the point we are discussing: How is it logical for a person who claims to be conservative to allow a liberal person to get elected by not voting for a candidate because they are not conservative enough?

Bullet probably voted for Al Whore....

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
what makes perry conservative?
what makes bill white liberal?
Please quote the person in this thread that said Bill White was a liberal.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Please quote the person in this thread that said Bill White was a liberal.

Stevo
I posed the question.... if you read the entire thread you would notice that not a single person called bill white a liberal.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If we had not had to fight the War on Terror I might have agreed with you. Where did I ever say Bush was the perfect conservative? Bush was the best choice in both elections on election day IMO.

Who do you think was better than Bush, and had a chance to get elected in the actual election, in either election who ran against Bush?

How about you address the point we are discussing: How is it logical for a person who claims to be conservative to allow a liberal person to get elected by not voting for a candidate because they are not conservative enough?



How many of the 9/11 terrorist were from iraq ?


How can you call yourself conservative when you voted for mccain who cheated on his handicapped wife and participated in shady business deals?


http://www.realchange.org/mccain.htm


The problem is you vote R no matter what morals the candidate running has.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I posed the question.... if you read the entire thread you would notice that not a single person called bill white a liberal.
If no one in this thread referred to him as a liberal, why would you asked this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
what makes bill white liberal?
You imply that people in this thread consider him a liberal, when no one has said that.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
How many of the 9/11 terrorist were from iraq ?


How can you call yourself conservative when you voted for mccain who cheated on his handicapped wife and participated in shady business deals?


http://www.realchange.org/mccain.htm


The problem is you vote R no matter what morals the candidate running has.
Next you will be posting links to moveon.org and telling us about how Bush was responsible for the Iraq war and that every democrat was against it.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
what makes perry conservative?
what makes bill white liberal?
Perry is more conservative than White. Do you dispute that? If you have evidence that White is not more liberal or that he is actually more conservative than Perry, post it up.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
How many of the 9/11 terrorist were from iraq ?


How can you call yourself conservative when you voted for mccain who cheated on his handicapped wife and participated in shady business deals?


http://www.realchange.org/mccain.htm


The problem is you vote R no matter what morals the candidate running has.
How about you answer the questions posed to you before you throw out some questions, okay?

BTW, kind of funny that you claim I will only vote for a person who is a Republican when I have said many times I have voted for Dems (Clinton is one high profile example) and many Republicans. I bet you are a straight ticket Democrat voting fool, otherwise why would you think others are straight ticket voters? Hmmmmm, I thinks I smellz a rat!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How about you answer the questions posed to you before you throw out some questions, okay?

BTW, kind of funny that you claim I will only vote for a person who is a Republican when I have said many times I have voted for Dems (Clinton is one high profile example) and many Republicans. I bet you are a straight ticket Democrat voting fool, otherwise why would you think others are straight ticket voters? Hmmmmm, I thinks I smellz a rat!


Your avoidance of my questions says it all.


Did you vote for mccain ?


If so, why ?





As far as me, I still stand by my post from 2008


Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
That's the problem with you fear mongering fact twisting radical right wingers. You can't tell me why I should vote for Mr. immoral mccain. The desperate attempts here towards the end of the race are pathetic . Republicans love constituents who are dumb. They are easier to control and misinform. And before you start the liberal bashing, I would vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat over any democrap.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Your avoidance of my questions says it all.


Did you vote for mccain ?


If so, why ?





As far as me, I still stand by my post from 2008
You are an idiot if you think asking me questions while avoiding mine and then trying to accuse me of avoiding questions is gonna fly. You are hollow and shallow like all hate filled liberals. You are a dying breed and your hero Obama has made that happen. He will do things to the liberal movement that will pale in comparison to what Bush did to us conservatives.

Answer my questions and then I will address your hollow moveon.org/dailykos/huffingtonpost patent answer attempts at scoring points.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have gpamp2 on our hands!

So are you a short, fat musician also?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:36 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
What's the question paladin ?


I already know you won't answer mine because the facts are too hard to handle.



Tell me why you voted for mccain if he is not a moral conservative ?


A moral conservative would not cheat on their wife.

A moral conservative would not be bribed by corrupt bankers.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
What's the question paladin ?


I already know you won't answer mine because the facts are too hard to handle.



Tell me why you voted for mccain if he is not a moral conservative ?


A moral conservative would not cheat on their wife.

A moral conservative would not be bribed by corrupt bankers.
Post #21 never got answered, did it? Try an answer you types out, not a copy and paste from moveon.org, okay?

BTW, I voted for McCain because he was the best candidate IMO. Why is that so hard for you?

Answer my question and I will have more about Obama, his associations, his radical views, corruption, and it will all be pertinent because he is the POTUS, okay?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Post #21 never got answered, did it? Try an answer you types out, not a copy and paste from moveon.org, okay?

BTW, I voted for McCain because he was the best candidate IMO. Why is that so hard for you?

Answer my question and I will have more about Obama, his associations, his radical views, corruption, and it will all be pertinent because he is the POTUS, okay?


Best candidate ?



So you align with those whose values are cheating on their wife and taking bribes ?


Now you really scare me as a leo.

I could care less about obama.

I did not vote for him.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Best candidate ?



So you align with those whose values are cheating on their wife and taking bribes ?


Now you really scare me as a leo.

I could care less about obama.

I did not vote for him.
You care about McCain, a senator from AZ, but not the President of the United States? Why? I care more about Obama and his very hard core liberal views he shares with you. Why would a hard core liberal like yourslef not want to admit he likes the Messiah? Hmmm, that is interesting.

So who was the best candidate that had a viable chance of winning last year? Obama or McCain? Mr. Smart guy, edumacate us all with your brilliance!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You care about McCain, a senator from AZ, but not the President of the United States? Why? I care more about Obama and his very hard core liberal views he shares with you. Why would a hard core liberal like yourslef not want to admit he likes the Messiah? Hmmm, that is interesting.

So who was the best candidate that had a viable chance of winning last year? Obama or McCain? Mr. Smart guy, edumacate us all with your brilliance!

finally you answered the question.


You voted for mccain not because of what he stood for or what his agenda was but because he was the only republican running .


Which goes back to my original point, you voted R even if it meant supporting a "conservative" who cheated on his wife and took bribes from shady people.


Unlike you, I vote for the candidate who aligns with my morals and beliefs and will never sell myself out for some bullshit reason of because he had the best chance of winning and was a republican.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
finally you answered the question.


You voted for mccain not because of what he stood for or what his agenda was but because he was the only republican running .


Which goes back to my original point, you voted R even if it meant supporting a "conservative" who cheated on his wife and took bribes from shady people.


Unlike you, I vote for the candidate who aligns with my morals and beliefs and will never sell myself out for some bullshit reason of because he had the best chance of winning and was a republican.
Most of us with brains did. Look what we have now. Even you can't possibly favor a socialistic, lying, egotistical, sack of monkey shit over a philanderer...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Perry is more conservative than White. Do you dispute that? If you have evidence that White is not more liberal or that he is actually more conservative than Perry, post it up.
lets look at the record: Perry has expanded texas government by increasing spending, he raised taxes (calling them surcharges), he tried to force healthcare on young girls by requiring them to get anti cancer vaccines (he did this by executive order). then there is the Texas Advance Directives Act, this act provides for an actual death panel. then there is the toll way, it was paid off years ago, why are we still paying for it (with increasing rates every year). Perry still has a plan to turn existing roads into toll roads, so tax payers pay for a road, then long after it has been paid for they have to pay a fee to the state every time they drive on it? where is the conservative politics in any of Perry's actions.

I have said this for years, Perry is not a conservative, not even close.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Just curious where doubling the national debt in 8 years fit into conservative values ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
[B]The problem is you vote R no matter what morals the candidate running has.
You answered your own question.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
Avery'sDad is offline  
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
Just because White is a Dem, that does not mean he's liberal.... maybe so with most Dems, but I think White might be the exception to the rule.

Perry may have the conservative tag (and I'm not really sure why), but to me, it's time for a change... Perry is a smug arrogant ass with eyes on a higher office already, not sure he knows how to do anything other than run for political office at the expense of the people of Texas. Screw him.

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
You answered your own question.
Since you stuck your nose into it and commented about me, if I prove you wrong (that I only vote for Republicans) will you admit it publicly so I can put your apology in my sig for all to see?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
finally you answered the question.


You voted for mccain not because of what he stood for or what his agenda was but because he was the only republican running .


Which goes back to my original point, you voted R even if it meant supporting a "conservative" who cheated on his wife and took bribes from shady people.


Unlike you, I vote for the candidate who aligns with my morals and beliefs and will never sell myself out for some bullshit reason of because he had the best chance of winning and was a republican.
So I voted for the best candidate that actually had the chance to win and I am the biuad guy yet you will vote for someone who has NO chance of winning (the equivalency of not voting) and you take some high moral ground with me? Okay, enjoy that hypocrisy dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Most of us with brains did. Look what we have now. Even you can't possibly favor a socialistic, lying, egotistical, sack of monkey shit over a philanderer...
I wonder if those who who claim to be conservative voted for (insert any candidate who had no chance) and that actually was a vote to help Obama get elected? I knoiw I see it, but I bet they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn View Post
Just because White is a Dem, that does not mean he's liberal.... maybe so with most Dems, but I think White might be the exception to the rule.

Perry may have the conservative tag (and I'm not really sure why), but to me, it's time for a change... Perry is a smug arrogant ass with eyes on a higher office already, not sure he knows how to do anything other than run for political office at the expense of the people of Texas. Screw him.
Please show me where White is more consevative than Perry.

I have not tried to claim White is a perfect liberal or that Perry is a perfect conservative, but I have said that it is my opinion that Perry is more conservative than White. I am open to the proof of the ooposite. Why do some of you read things and not actually see what is written?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
You answered your own question.
Did you really think paladin would answer it ?

It was evident from the start with his avoidance.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Why do some of you read things and not actually see what is written?
For the same reason you are blind to the FACTS right in front of you.



I still await your answer to this simple question.




Where does doubling the national debt in 8 years fit into conservative values ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Please show me where White is more conservative than Perry.
I'm not sure I can do that... I don't know for sure if he actually is...or not.

I just know I'm sick of Perry and I'm ready for a change and I think Bill White could (with his business background) do a pretty decent job for us...as he's done with the City of Houston.

Perry, on the other hand, wants us to continue to pay his way while he waits for another opportunity to run for higher office.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
For the same reason you are blind to the FACTS right in front of you.



I still await your answer to this simple question.




Where does doubling the national debt in 8 years fit into conservative values ?
Where did I ever say it did?

BTW, stop with the trying to claim I won't answer a question when you rival only gpamp in asking questions when there are unanswered questions out there for you. It makes you look even worse than you already do.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn View Post
I'm not sure I can do that... I don't know for sure if he actually is...or not.

I just know I'm sick of Perry and I'm ready for a change and I think Bill White could (with his business background) do a pretty decent job for us...as he's done with the City of Houston.

Perry, on the other hand, wants us to continue to pay his way while he waits for another opportunity to run for higher office.

mardyn
Fair enough. Hell, if you had just said you were anti-incumbent I would have been okay with that. I am very anti-incumbent if I can stomach the alternative.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Since you stuck your nose into it and commented about me, if I prove you wrong (that I only vote for Republicans) will you admit it publicly so I can put your apology in my sig for all to see?
Sorry. Let me rephrase that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The problem is you vote NOT D no matter what morals the candidate running has.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
Avery'sDad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome