post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Slick Willie predicts....

Clinton = Nostradamus? lol

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-house-senate/

Clinton Predicts Democrats Will Hold Majorities in House, Senate

FOXNews.com

Former President Clinton
told ABC's "This Week" that he doesn't think Republicans will be able to pull off the kind of congressional takeover they engineered under his watch in 1994.

Don't call it a comeback. At least that's what former President Clinton is saying about anticipated Republican gains in the November elections.

Despite growing discontent among conservatives, the former president told ABC's "This Week" that he doesn't think Republicans will be able to pull off the kind of congressional takeover they engineered under his watch in 1994.

"I don't think they will win either house, no. If history is any guide, they should make a few gains, but I don't expect them to win in either house," Clinton said.

Clinton likened the political atmosphere in the country to the mood after he signed his economic plan into law, but predicted the backlash would not be as severe.

"I think the dissent is just as intense, if not more intense, but I think the outcome of the election is likely to be far less dramatic than it was in '94," Clinton said.

The two-term Democratic president suggested the discontent is due in part to a lack of understanding about the benefits of the recently signed health care law, which he compared to discontent over his economic plan.

"That bill was responsible for taking us more than 90 percent of the way to a balanced budget, but people didn't realize its benefits. I think the same thing is happening now with the health care bill, where people are still reading into it all manner of dark things, and they haven't felt the benefits of it yet," he said.

Fox News' Autria Thuman contributed to this report.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Lifer

I agree, a lot of people are upset with congress, but still seem to like their own representative or senator.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I agree, a lot of people are upset with congress, but still seem to like their own representative or senator.
Then explain New Jersey's change in governor and Massachusetts change in Senate. Those are both VERY liberal states. I think that speaks volumes on the future of state politics.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Then explain New Jersey's change in governor and Massachusetts change in Senate. Those are both VERY liberal states. I think that speaks volumes on the future of state politics.
...and Harry Reid's 10 point deficit in Nevada, just to name a few. I see a blood bath in 2010. We'll have to wait and see about 2012. The '94 mid-term election is the reason Slick Willie got re-elected. It's amazing how far right that bastard went when he couldn't get anything passed.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Canada is welcome here.

I haven't talked to one person (in person) who doesn't harbor serious discontent with the government right now. Slick willy has been smoking his green stuff again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Lifer

in 94 republicans had a wide ranging agenda, they wanted to change washington. but right now the republican agenda is to just say no to obama. in 94 the republicans were also unified, they stood together on their platform. right now there are many splits in the republican party, and I doubt they will come together in time for the november election.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
in 94 republicans had a wide ranging agenda, they wanted to change washington. but right now the republican agenda is to just say no to obama. in 94 the republicans were also unified, they stood together on their platform. right now there are many splits in the republican party, and I doubt they will come together in time for the november election.
Come together to what extent? The Dems won't lose seats? The Dems won't lose the majority of either the house or senate? Clarify a little, them I may want to place a small wager with you on the outcome.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Come together to what extent? The Dems won't lose seats? The Dems won't lose the majority of either the house or senate? Clarify a little, them I may want to place a small wager with you on the outcome.
come together in a sense that there is no firm direction to the party, most of the main stream republicans seem to be moderate, but there are a lot of conservatives who would prefer the party move more to the right. if you look at the dems in 06 and 08, everyone knew what they were looking to accomplish, health care reform, energy reform, bail outs, immigration reform, and finance reform. these were all issues the dems raised to the voters stood together on, what new issues have republicans raised?

I do not think the dems will loose control of either house.
right before we go into the 2010 election, congress will be working on an immigration bill, an issue that a lot of independents side with the dems on.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Worship me

He is full of shit in my opinion. Everyone has had it with these idiots.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
IA2

It does seem like everyone has had it with the government, and i see far fewer obama/biden stickers on cars nowadays (even in kalifornia). Still, elections are funny things. We'll see if the voter's discontent applies at the voting booth in 2010. By my own casual observation it should.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Token Troll

So, Willie, what contributed to the Arkansas liberal professor that went on a shooting spree? Or the liberal that flew into the IRS building? Did they listen to NPR? Too much Air America (before it went bankrupt)?

I like how right wing nut jobs are blamed on conservative talk radio/shows, but liberal nut jobs are dismissed.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post

What's the wager old man ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
What's the wager old man ?

Reps take over the house, but probably not the senate. Pelosi is done as speaker. If I lose, I drive to Waco and buy you lunch. If I win, you drive to Dallas and buy mine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement