Higher Taxes Canít Eliminate The Deficit - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Higher Taxes Canít Eliminate The Deficit

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/higher-...ate-the-deficit

In August 2009, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that the federal budget deficit would total $7.1 trillion over the 2010-2019 decade-under current law. That outcome would require the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts to sunset as scheduled in 2011 and Congress to stop "patching" the alternative minimum tax to minimize its bite. If neither of those things happens, CBO says the cumulative deficit over the decade would jump to $11.1 trillion, more than doubling the national debt. Our economy cannot sustain that rate of debt increase. How can we reverse it?

This paper poses a simple question: could incremental reforms of the current tax system raise enough revenue to reduce the deficit to an average of 2 percent of GDP over the last five years of the budget window? We use the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center Tax Model to simulate several revenue-raising tax changes, including raising all income tax rates proportionally, hiking taxes only for high-income taxpayers, and either limiting or eliminating itemized deductions to broaden the tax base.

We conclude that politically feasible tax increases within the current tax structure cannot generate sufficient revenues to bring federal budget deficits under controlÖ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess that "voodoo economics" really do work. Please read on @ the link.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Canada is welcome here.

What I wonder is, I how the hell did they talk china into buying debt? Especially that much debt. Why would they ever do it? If I were them, I'd tell us to take a flying leap and that I hope we choke. I mean that's what I'd tell the chinese if the roles were reversed. I am not sure that they will ever get their money back. Guess it doesn't really matter to them. They will just slave up some more money lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
not exclude

Maybe China figures that if they didn't loan us the money, we'd be forced to fix our shit and get our act together. This would eventually lead back to a powerful US, and god knows China doesn't want that. This way, they have us under their thumb.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Genetically Blessed

Maybe China buys shitloads of USD to keep their forex reserves sky high and keep the Yuan low to help with exports.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 AM
PAN

Maybe this^^^^
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
What I wonder is, I how the hell did they talk china into buying debt? Especially that much debt. Why would they ever do it? If I were them, I'd tell us to take a flying leap and that I hope we choke. I mean that's what I'd tell the Chinese if the roles were reversed. I am not sure that they will ever get their money back. Guess it doesn't really matter to them. They will just slave up some more money lol
They know the one world currency that's been called for by the World Bank, IMF, UN, and others will be implemented in a short time. Why would they care if they are going to get reimbursed in full with the new one world currency? All the other paper fiat currency will be dropped and the cash-less society will be brought in. Then when you object to carbon credits, health care, or whatever, they can just take it out of your one world currency bank card that you have no control over. It's going to be great.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

The borrower is slave to the lender. China is just getting us to pay them debt payments every year.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Worship me

Pstt, I got a little secret for all you guys. China is about to have its own real estate meltdown. Remember where you heard it first.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
All the other paper fiat currency

???

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post

???

Stevo
Nice. LMFAO

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Pstt, I got a little secret for all you guys. China is about to have its own real estate meltdown. Remember where you heard it first.
Commercial and residential, back to back.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So where'$ the oppurtunity for us to cash in and when? Throw us a bone

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Worship me

Quote:
So where'$ the oppurtunity for us to cash in and when? Throw us a bone
That is for you to figure out. I'm not interested in investing in that fucking place. Why, you ask? Because it is a communist operation. Anytime you invest there the Chinese government is your partner. Those mother fuckers can just decide to do something out of the blue and wipe out your investment.

As a country we may cash in because of weakness in their economy. We'll see how it all plays out though, it is very complicated.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
They know the one world currency that's been called for by the World Bank, IMF, UN, and others will be implemented in a short time. Why would they care if they are going to get reimbursed in full with the new one world currency? All the other paper fiat currency will be dropped and the cash-less society will be brought in. Then when you object to carbon credits, health care, or whatever, they can just take it out of your one world currency bank card that you have no control over. It's going to be great.
Hmm, I don't doubt that could eventually come to pass. However, they can never, and will never, control the free trade. Ex:

Justinsn95 - "Hey Mr. Tinfoil Hat, I'll trade you my iPod for your PSP, and I'll throw in this 19" flat panel computer monitor that I don't use anymore, to sweeten the deal".

Mr Tinfoil Hat - "Ok, but also give me that cool mug you have."

Justinsn95 - "Ok, deal".

Mr Tinfoil Hat - "Thanks"

Justin95 "Thanks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
About? Hell, there's tons of subdivisions and apartment buildings vacant already. Some not even complete done building.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/...ble24_cv_N.htm

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

So are you saying you like the idea of keeping taxes low as long as you don't have to repay the debt increases that it causes ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Yup.

Wonder who Obama is gonna get to buy up all our debt when this happens.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
About? Hell, there's tons of subdivisions and apartment buildings vacant already. Some not even complete done building.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/...ble24_cv_N.htm
I'm saying it is going to get a hell of a lot worse.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That is for you to figure out. I'm not interested in investing in that fucking place. Why, you ask? Because it is a communist operation. Anytime you invest there the Chinese government is your partner. Those mother fuckers can just decide to do something out of the blue and wipe out your investment.

As a country we may cash in because of weakness in their economy. We'll see how it all plays out though, it is very complicated.
Gotcha, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement