Is more Sanctions really the answer? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Is more Sanctions really the answer?

I mean REALLY. Thats as good as a literal slap on the wrist and a "Now don't do that again please." What a fucking joke. And the UN is an even bigger joke. We need a Bay of Pigs Pt. II.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
makin' bacon

It is just more pissing in the wind.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Worship me

It is more pissing in the wind. I agree.

But, one of Iran's nuclear scientists defected to the US this week. Once they debrief him I would bet they have a pretty good idea of what is going on over there and will proceed accordingly. If they just sit back and talk about sanctions then I would say the odds are pretty good that Iran isn't as far along in their quest to develop a bomb as everyone thinks they are. If you see an immediate rise in military preparation then we'll know that this guy had some interesting things to tell us.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Lifer

What would prevent Iran from using this defector as a "plant" though to feed us disinformation?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Lifer

our economy is not strong enough to take on another war

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
Who says it needs to be a war? I said it after 9/11, I said it when we went to Iraq, and I'm saying it now.

A couple well placed nukes will take care of that entire region. They're already built, and paid for, might as well put them to use. Especially since we are supposed to be "downsizing" the stockpiles.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Lifer

using nukes is bad for business

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
What would prevent Iran from using this defector as a "plant" though to feed us disinformation?
That would be a tough sell for them because most likely both the CIA and Mossad have people working in the nuclear plants in Iran. If the information doesn't match up then it would be a huge red flag.

I am of the opinion that we already know a lot more about the Iranian nuclear program than we let on.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:

Why would you need another war? All you need is a few weeks of air strikes.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Why would you need another war? All you need is a few weeks of air strikes.
so strike iran, and then iran will strike back, probably dump a bunch of chemical weapons on israel, and then what?

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Worship me

Quote:
so strike iran, and then iran will strike back, probably dump a bunch of chemical weapons on israel, and then what?
They won't dump a bunch of anything on Israel if you destroy their capability to do so.

And after that you do nothing. Wouldn't the mission be accomplished at that point?

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Israel turns iran into a sheet of glass, and the issue is resolved.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They won't dump a bunch of anything on Israel if you destroy their capability to do so.

And after that you do nothing. Wouldn't the mission be accomplished at that point?
you can not just snap your fingers and their capabilities will be wiped out, as soon as they see us coming, their rockets will be in the air.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Worship me

Quote:
you can not just snap your fingers and their capabilities will be wiped out, as soon as they see us coming, their rockets will be in the air.
You think they have the means to launch a large scale chemical weapon attack on Israel with a half hour of notice? I don't know much about their level of preparedness but I highly doubt that. Most of their missile tests are judged to be total horseshit from what I have read.

Besides, you ignore the fact that Israel would probably approve of our attack.

The best the Iranians can do is stir up Hezbollah. You know they have shipped those turds all the weapons they can. And they may have chemical weapons they could dump on Israel. I have $1 that says the Israelis don't give a shit about any of that and would welcome any airstrikes we want to launch.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You think they have the means to launch a large scale chemical weapon attack on Israel with a half hour of notice? I don't know much about their level of preparedness but I highly doubt that. Most of their missile tests are judged to be total horseshit from what I have read.

Besides, you ignore the fact that Israel would probably approve of our attack.

The best the Iranians can do is stir up Hezbollah. You know they have shipped those turds all the weapons they can. And they may have chemical weapons they could dump on Israel. I have $1 that says the Israelis don't give a shit about any of that and would welcome any airstrikes we want to launch.
all it takes is one to get through.
Iran is many times stronger then Iraq was in 2003, its going to take more then a few days to take out their offensive capabilities. plenty of time to fire a few rockets at israel.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Iran is many times stronger then Iraq was in 2003, its going to take more then a few days to take out their offensive capabilities. plenty of time to fire a few rockets at israel.
You do realize that Iran has no real air force right? And they depend on imports of fuel because they have little refining capacity. And their navy is a joke.

I don't know where you got some of these ideas but they are bizarre.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 PM
tex
Lifer

Are*

Fuck, I spent all day avoiding this thread because of the fucking title.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Time Served

Quote:
We had a whole thread on this a few weeks ago...

Some of us know what we speak of, you do not.

Guys, don't waste your time....

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

I can only hope "sanctions" is the new word for "MIRV"

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

A few JDAMS would suffice.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Are*

Fuck, I spent all day avoiding this thread because of the fucking title.
You is so crazy.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You do realize that Iran has no real air force right? And they depend on imports of fuel because they have little refining capacity. And their navy is a joke.

I don't know where you got some of these ideas but they are bizarre.
yes and you do know that Iran has been preparing for a war with the US and Israel for 30 years. to think that the US can knock out Iran's nuclear capabilities with out Iran firing a single shot is a mistake.

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifer

If the US decided to nuke Iran, (which would be very smart and efficient way of taking them out), would they not ally with Isreal and create a international joint effort against Iran? Would we not at least let Iran know that we are about to take out Iran, and they get in on the fun?

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Lifer

nuke Iran and we will be paying $10 for a gallon of gas, such a dramatic price jump will ripple through our economy.
plus you have to consider China, they are appose to sanctions because they do a lot of business with Iran, how would they react to a US attack on Iran? (keep in mind they do control our debt, and have our economy by the balls)

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Lifer

http://alethonews.wordpress.com/2010...nian-engineer/
http://www.infowars.com/us-fabricate...nian-engineer/

US ‘fabricated documents’ in pursuit of Iranian engineer

Press TV
April 2, 2010

The US authorities have been accused of presenting fabricated documents to French courts to support their demand for extradition of an Iranian engineer, as his court postpones deciding his fate for the sixth time.

Majid Kakavand, 37, was arrested in France in March 2009, at the request of US authorities, as he was returning to Iran after a short holiday in France.

The United States requested his extradition to stand trial for allegedly breaching US embargo against Iran.

He is alleged to have purchased a number of items that may have been of US origin through a Malaysian company, while residing in Iran.

In order for an extradition request to be approved, French courts must decide whether the alleged acts of Kakavand would have violated French law, had they occurred in France. This prerequisite is known as “dual criminality.”

Having detained Kakavand, the French courts have repeatedly requested further information from the US Department of Justice regarding the allegations against the Iranian.

However, since the US failed to provide sufficient evidence to prove the existence of dual criminality, the judge asked for expert advice from France’s “General Delegation for Ordnance” (DGA), which is the body responsible for weapons development and evaluations, and the country’s Directorate-General for External Security (DGSE). After evaluating the electronic components that Kakavand is alleged to have imported into Iran, both agencies declared that the goods could not be used for military purposes as dual-use technology. DGSE further advised that the case against the Iranian was weak and that he should be released.

Tehran has also highlighted Kakavand’s plight and has demanded his immediate release. On March 16, Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said: “The innocence of (Majid) Kakavand is evident and we urge France not to be trapped in American propaganda and release him.”

Now, according to Kakavand’s French lawyers, it appears that, in their enthusiasm for his extradition, the US authorities have stepped over the legal line and have used forged documents to try to sway the French court to hand him over.

Advocate Diane Francois says that some of the documents included “email copies with attachments that did not have corresponding dates,” concluding that the documents were falsified, reported Expatica.com on March 31.

“We will ask San Francisco prosecutors to open a federal investigation of the documents provided by the US authorities,” she said.

Kakavand too denies that he did anything illegal. Additionally, legal experts believe that, as the US embargos against Iran are unilateral, they have no legal force outside the territory of the US, especially when applied extraterritorially, such as has been applied to Kakavand, who is alleged to have traded in US-origin goods outside of the US.

The European Union has repeatedly rejected extraterritorial enforcement of US embargos on its territory.

Nevertheless, this is not the only time that the US has pursued Iranians across the world on similar spurious charges. In 2006, they had Jamshid Ghassemi arrested in Thailand and in 2007 Yousef Boushvash was detained in Hong Kong; both for alleged breaches of extraterritorial US embargo.

Both were released by respective authorities, once it became clear that the US demand for their extradition had no legal basis.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement