So whats going on with attention on militia's? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So whats going on with attention on militia's?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_516533.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/28/...sts/index.html

At least 7 arrested after raids in 3 states

(CNN) -- Federal authorities plan to unseal charges Monday against several people arrested in a series of weekend raids in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, prosecutors in Detroit said Sunday.

At least seven people were arrested on charges that were under seal over the weekend, a law enforcement source said Sunday.

Gina Balaya, spokeswoman for the U.S attorney's office in Detroit, said those charges will be revealed during a federal court hearing Monday.

Mike Lackomar, a county leader for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, said the target of the raid was a Christian militia group called the Hutaree. The group proclaims on a Web site that it is "preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

The FBI would disclose no details of the raids. The law enforcement source told CNN the arrests were unrelated to any terrorist plot. The source would not confirm Hutaree members were among those arrested, but said the suspects were not planning attacks against government targets and the raids were unrelated to recent threats against members of Congress.

At least two arrests were made in Huron and Sandusky, Ohio, but the case is being handled out of Detroit, said Scott Wilson, an FBI spokesman in Cleveland.

Lackomar, who cited the FBI for his information, said several Hutaree members were arrested at a wake for one of the group. He said the Hutaree group trained with his organization "on a couple of occasions in years past," but his group stopped about a year ago, after the Hutaree had an "issue" with federal firearms regulators. He did not elaborate.

Lackomar called the Hutaree a "religious militant group" with about a dozen members, who scattered as news of the raids spread over the weekend.

He told CNN his own group is aimed at "aiding the community in times of emergency" and had nothing to do with the raids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
PAN

Easy as pie. They know that anti government sentiment is extremely high. People who are pissed gravitate to militias, aka like minded people. Militias get extreme and plot. Then government gets their eyes blacked. So, they move before the punch gets thrown.

Exactly the reason I wouldn't dream of going near that scene, as that's not the answer. The answer will come in a legal form, though I'm not convinced at this point that one exists...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
The answer will come in a legal form, though I'm not convinced at this point that one exists...
How about getting someone who can run this bitch to win an election?

Buying dogs kills.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS View Post
How about getting someone who can run this bitch to win an election?
Exactly my point. No one exists who could get that done that isn't already compromised by the political machine as we know it. We all know that unless you are entrenched you have no backing and as such are unelectable...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Exactly my point. No one exists who could get that done that isn't already compromised by the political machine as we know it. We all know that unless you are entrenched you have no backing and as such are unelectable...
Those who lust after power do not deserve it, and those who deserve it do not seek it?
I forget who said that, but I always think of Marcus Aurelius' ideas about philosophers being the best governors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement