Oh shit... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

Oh shit...

Just saw a story that a South Korean naval vessel has been sunk, and they are blaming it on a North Korean torpedo attack...

"Apres moi le deluge"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
$uper $low

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Token Union Member

Obama won't do shit since he's a pussy.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Lifer

oh noes wwIII is coming.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Worship me

We better get Hillary Clinton over there as soon as possible to give the North Koreans some more money!

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain View Post
Obama won't do shit since he's a pussy.
Why the fuck should he do anything? This isn't our fucking problem.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
It will be when our troops over in SK are affected soon by these dipshits in NK!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
T-MINUS

Fuck you Hans Brix!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Something about 30,000 American troops in S Korea, the fact that we are technically still at war with N Korea, and that we are allies with S Korea and sworn to protect them?

Also, note the fact that N Korea has threatened in the last week to use nuclear weapons against S Korea and America.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

I'd be absolutely shocked if a NK torpedo or naval mine wasn't the cause.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Canada is welcome here.

They're damn lucky our politicians are spineless cowards. Cause they are nothing. We could crush them like an insect, in 5 seconds.

I kinda wonder why they don't understand that? They must know that they are dealing with cowards. That must be it.

Or we could let them fight it out and if North Korea wins, run in and crush them while they are weakened from the fight. If south korea wins, encourage them to take north korea's lands for themselves to forever put an end to the conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 03-26-2010 at 06:05 PM.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
They're damn lucky our politicians are spineless cowards. Cause they are nothing. We could crush them like an insect, in 5 seconds.

I kinda wonder why they don't understand that? They must know that they are dealing with cowards. That must be it.

Or we could let them fight it out and if North Korea wins, run in and crush them while they are weakened from the fight. If south korea wins, encourage them to take north korea's lands for themselves to forever put an end to the conflict.
True, we could. However just like we have agreements to support South Korea, China has agreements with the North. You go to war against them and you will also be fighting Chinese troops. If it gets ugly enough we'd have to pick a side between Pakistan and India as well because one of them will form an alliance with China.

Then you'd have South America to deal with. Hugo Chavez has been looking for an excuse to invade Colombia. He'd have Cuba and Bolivia on his side as well. If sucessful, and he should be, the only thing between him and us would be Mexico. Well you have Honduras and Guatemala as well but they'd support a communist dictator since it'd be an improvement over what they have now. With supporting troops from the other nations Chavez could probably take Mexico.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Canada is welcome here.

First kill Chavez and make it look like his people revolted. Then set them up with a guy that we control (through some means) and make him turn that country into a democracy.

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
True, we could. However just like we have agreements to support South Korea, China has agreements with the North. You go to war against them and you will also be fighting Chinese troops..
China backs americas enemies and we do business with them, wtf is up what that? Same shit with vietnam, china backed the north vietamese and koreans so there was no way we could win. Everytime the opposing side has been backed up by russia or china and we backed down.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Gulf of Tonkin II ?

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
China backs americas enemies and we do business with them, wtf is up what that? Same shit with vietnam, china backed the north vietamese and koreans so there was no way we could win. Everytime the opposing side has been backed up by russia or china and we backed down.
China is a communist country, and they backed communist N Vietnam and communist N Korea.

Do you see common denominator?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Oh yeah. They all band together cause they know they have to. If they don't then they will all slowly fall victim to divide and conquer.

Quote:

Quote:
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
China is a communist country, and they backed communist N Vietnam and communist N Korea.

Do you see common denominator?

Stevo
Yes im well aware of this... but china is supposed to be some great friend of the US.

Only when it benefits them.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Lifer

China indirectly controls us through money.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Time Served

yup, so the great US is controlled by piece of shit communists. Should be no wonder why we have gotten more and more like them. I want the people who set up the american people to be shot, this is treason. This country was setup to be independent of all other nations, while they were blowing each other up we were supposed to be just working our little hearts out, making this country better than theirs. Seems roles have reversed, now we fight all the wars, get all the hate and bear all the burden while every other nation betters themselves.

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
China indirectly controls us through money.
Hard to compete with slave labor. You can get pretty rich when all you pay your workers is 3 or 4 bowls of rice a day.

Quote:

Quote:
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Hard to compete with slave labor. You can get pretty rich when all you pay your workers is 3 or 4 bowls of rice a day.
we are all supposed to be business owners in the US, havent you heard? If you dont own your own business by 21 you are a LOSER!! Its the american way! lol

EDIT: oh look, maybe they are finally gonna do something about america losing 10s of thousands of jobs and people going broke while china just gets bigger and better. I hoping they just piss the chinese off so we can end this fucking bullshit and get back to taking care of ourselves. If that means no more 1499.99 big screen tvs, OH WELL!

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/24/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Last edited by Slammy; 03-28-2010 at 04:18 AM.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Meeeeooowww

Looks like it's now official.

South Korea: North responsible for torpedo attack on warship

By John Pomfret and Blaine Harden
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, May 18, 2010; 2:47 PM

South Korea will formally blame North Korea on Thursday for launching a torpedo at one of its warships in March, causing an explosion that killed 46 sailors and heightened tensions in one of the world's most perilous regions, U.S. and East Asian officials said.

South Korea reached its conclusion that North Korea was responsible for the attack after investigators from Australia, Britain, Sweden and the United States pieced together portions of the ship at the port of Pyongtaek, 40 miles southwest of Seoul. The Cheonan sank on March 26, following an explosion that rocked the vessel as it sailed in the Yellow Sea off South Korea's west coast.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because South Korea has yet to disclose the findings of the investigation, said that subsequent analysis determined that the torpedo was identical to a North Korean torpedo that had previously been obtained by South Korea.

South Korea's conclusion underscores the continuing threat posed by North Korea and the intractable nature of the dispute between the two Koreas. South Korean President Lee Myung-bak must respond forcefully to the attack, analysts said, but not in a way that would risk further violence from North Korea, whose artillery could –– within minutes –– devastate greater Seoul, which has a population of 20.5 million.

South Korea's report will also present a challenge to China and other nations. China waited almost a month to express its condolences to South Korea for the loss of life, and, analysts and officials said, has seemed at pains to protect North Korea from criticism.

South Korea will request that the U.N. Security Council take up the issue and is looking to tighten sanctions on North Korea, the officials said. The United States has indicated it would support such an action, U.S. officials said. Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada told his South Korean counterpart on Monday that Japan would do the same, the Japanese news media reported Tuesday.

Another consequence of the report, experts predicted, is that Lee will request that the United States delay for several years a plan to pass operational control of all forces in South Korea from the United States to the South Korean military. Approximately 28,500 U.S. forces are stationed in South Korea.

South Korea's conclusion that North Korea was responsible for the sinking of the Cheonan also means it is unlikely that talks will resume anytime soon over North Korea's nuclear weapons program. North Korea has twice tested what is believed to be a nuclear weapon. China has pushed for an early resumption of those talks, but South Korean officials said they will return to the table only after there is a full accounting for the attack against the Cheonan and a policy response.

The sinking –– and the reluctance of the South to respond with an in-kind attack –– is the latest example of the raw military intimidation that North Korea has practiced for decades. With 1.19 million troops on active duty, the Korean People's Army has positioned about 70 percent of its fighting forces and firepower within 60 miles of the border with the South.

David Straub, a former director of the State Department's Korea desk who is now at Stanford University, said that while the Cheonan's sinking was horrendous, it marked more of a return to "normal" behavior for North Korea than a new direction.

"We tend to look at this as shocking because things have been relatively quiet for a decade or two," he said. But North Korea killed 30 sailors aboard a South Korean warship in the 1970s; in 1983, its agents are believed to have been behind a fatal bombing in Rangoon that narrowly missed then-South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan.

What has changed, Straub said, is the Western view of North Korea. In the past, North Korean misbehavior was often rewarded with Western attention and aid from Japan and South Korea. But after North Korea conducted its second nuclear test in May 2009, "opinion changed in a fundamental way," he said.

"Before there was a tendency of government officials to say, 'Well, maybe if we try hard enough to persuade the North Koreans to give up the bomb, they will,' " he said. "Now the conclusion of most people, including in the Obama administration, is that they can't see the North Koreans giving up their nuclear weapons on terms that would be acceptable to anyone."

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
makin' bacon

Time for our current potus to curl up into the fetal position and cry.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Lifer

id love to see him sucking is kenyan ass thumb.fucker.

RON PAUL '08
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
PAN

He's not going to do a damned thing.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Lifer

Our chickenshit POTUS is so worried about losing seats in the house and senate, he doesn't have time for little bullshit events like this!
That bastard doesn't know if he's winding his watch or scratching his ass...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Lifer

What did we do when they set off a couple of nukes?
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
What did we do when they set off a couple of nukes?
Busted out the hotdogs and marshmallows...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
He's not going to do a damned thing.
This would be an excellent opportunity for him to bow to Kim Jong Il.

DFWMustangs.net
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

It's definitely a tough situation, SK has a lot to lose where as NK has nothing... SK has already said they will only push for further sanctions against the North over the ordeal.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Meeeeooowww

N.Korea denies it sank S.Korean warship, warns "full-scale war"

SEOUL : North Korea Thursday again denied it sank a South Korean warship and warned of "full-scale war" if new sanctions are imposed, Seoul's Yonhap news agency reported.

The North's National Defence Commission (NDC) was responding to a report released in Seoul by a multinational team that had investigated the sinking of the corvette on March 26.

The report said a North Korean submarine fired a heavy torpedo that blew the ship apart with the loss of 46 lives.

Yonhap, which monitors North Korean media, said the NDC in a statement broadcast on the North's radio described the report as a "fabrication".

The statement said the North would send its own investigators to the South to check the purported evidence.

"We will take strong measures including full-scale war if sanctions against North Korea are imposed," Yonhap quoted the broadcast as saying.

The NDC, chaired by leader Kim Jong-Il, is the most powerful state organ in the communist North. Its statement described the South's President Lee Myung-Bak as a "traitor"

http://wireupdate.com/wires/5274/raw...-naval-attack/

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 05:20 AM
PAN

Just saw actual pics of the torpedo remnants on the news. Not sure how the crazy bastards are going to deny it when they have the fins and what looked like more than enough of the body of the fish to identify it.

Looks like there's gonna be a fight over there here pretty soon. There are a million and a half or so NK troops within 60 miles of the border from what I read the other day. Not sure as to SK troop levels but that's a crapload of people to shoot...
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Something about 30,000 American troops in S Korea, the fact that we are technically still at war with N Korea, and that we are allies with S Korea and sworn to protect them?

Also, note the fact that N Korea has threatened in the last week to use nuclear weapons against S Korea and America.

Stevo
The modern, money having free country vs the backward, poor country. I think it's possible that N.Korea may be biting off more than they can chew.

Quote:

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement