Obama dares you to repeal health care - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Obama dares you to repeal health care

Oh...is he ever out of touch!

Quote:
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- President Obama mocked Republicans' campaign to try to repeal his new health care law, saying Thursday they should "Go for it" and see how well they fare with voters.

"Be my guest," Obama said in prepared remarks for the first of many appearances around the country to sell the overhaul to voters before the fall congressional elections. "I welcome that fight. Because I don't believe the American people are going to put the insurance industry back in the driver's seat."

With emotions raw around the nation over the party-line vote to approve the nearly $1 trillion, 10-year law, Obama took the opposition to task for "fear-mongering and overheated rhetoric."

"If you turn on the news, you'll see that those same folks are still shouting about how the world will end because we passed this bill," said Obama, appearing before thousands in this college town where he first, as a presidential candidate three years ago, unveiled his health care proposals. The White House released the text of his speech in advance.

No Republican lawmakers voted for the overhaul, a sweeping package that will change how almost every American will receive and pay for medical treatment. Many in the GOP are predicting it will prove devastating in November for the Democrats who voted for it.

But the president stressed the notion of a promise kept, saying the legislation he signed into law on Tuesday is evidence he will do as he said. "This is the place where change began," Obama said.

The White House suggests it has the upper hand against Republicans politically, arguing the GOP risks a voter backlash because a repeal would take away from small businesses and individuals the benefits provided to them immediately under the new law.

"We've been there already and we're not going back," Obama said.

Obama spoke as Democrats in Washington raced to complete the overhaul with a separate package of fixes to the main bill.

Senate leaders had planned to finish work on the fix-it legislation, already approved in the House, by midday Thursday. But Republican attempts to derail the process resulted in minor changes to the bill, which means the House will have to vote on it again before it can go to Obama for his signature.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...alth-care-law/

Ya...we'll see how the voters vote in November!

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Lifer

I already know how I'll vote in November....the same as I did in 2008.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Lifer

It won't be repealed. The good stuff comes first and the really bad stuff doesn't kick in until a few years later.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I thought there were 435 House members so how come only 431 votes? Anyone know who didn't vote?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Worship me

I'm curious what benefits he is talking about because I don't really see any...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Please, spell it out for me Mr. President, how does this help small businesses?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Lifer

What an arrogant fucking douche bag. Yeah WE WILL see. His ass out the door in 2012, and his Comrades, come November.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
What an arrogant fucking douche bag. Yeah WE WILL see. His ass out the door in 2012, and his Comrades, come November.
That's "Komrades" in light of obama's communist leanings.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
That's "Komrades" in light of obama's communist leanings.
Yeah, I just spelled it with a C, didnt know the proper letter to use.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Time Served

These people are so out of touch with what the majority of Americans actually want.

I can't wait until these dickheads are out on their asses in November.

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 PM
IA2

Some businesses are already circulating memos about the health care bill and what the expected effects are going to be on that business. Basically i expect that the layoffs and offshoring are just around the corner. Caterpillar expects a $100m hit on their bottom line.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Time Served

"Be my guest," Obama said in prepared remarks for the first of many appearances around the country to sell the overhaul to voters before the fall congressional elections.

This is what I keep focusing on. He is going around the country to "sell" the overhaul to voters. If it was such a brilliant idea why in the hell is he having to sell it?

I think all the morons that voted for him should pay for this healthcare bill. Leave us out of it.

Last edited by Larius; 03-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
T-MINUS

He's such a smug, arrogant prick.
We'll see alright, fucko. 20 years ago, this jerkoff would have faced possible arrest based on speech dangerous to our nation.

I see people with money outsourcing themselves.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

I work for a physician owned hospital and they are pushing through some future expansions early because of the signing of this POS bill. It will greatly effect small hospitals to the point of near closure.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
This picture seemed all to fitting.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Lifer

Nice!! ^

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
THERE ARE BENEFITS!!! THERE ARE BENEFITS!!! "But sir, can you actually tell us what these ar.." THERE ARE BENEFITS!!! THERE ARE BENEFITS!!!

Has anyone else noticed that the commies, when challenged on something (regardless of what) they simply repeat, over and over, what they are trying to sell? Without actually giving any real facts. I guess that someone, somewhere, buys it? I guess there is someone out there that gets that response and says

"Well hell. He's certainly yelling it loud enough. That's enough for me." I wonder where these people come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement