Health Care Capital Gains Tax - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Health Care Capital Gains Tax

Quote:
“Obamacare’s worst tax hike is the imposition of a new 3.9 percent Medicare payroll tax on capital gains and other investments,” adds the economist Larry Kudlow at National Review Online. “What will this do? It will depress the economy, depress wages, and depress jobs. Washington doesn’t understand that you can’t create jobs without new healthy businesses.”
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...h-care/?src=me

I guess we need to raise the rent on the house by 4%, as will all landlords.

This is another example of how the poor are going to suffer under this. They are stupid to think that they are soaking the rich. All they are doing is increasing the gap between the rich and poor income levels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post

This is another example of how the poor are going to suffer under this. They are stupid to think that they are soaking the rich. All they are doing is increasing the gap between the rich and poor income levels.
You ever think that they might be doing this on purpose?? Divide and conquer sort of thinking??
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
You ever think that they might be doing this on purpose?? Divide and conquer sort of thinking??

They are absolutely doing this on purpose. Only a fool would venture otherwise.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Lifer

its all part of the BIG plan...

RON PAUL '08
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog View Post

My buddy is gonna be pissed about that rent tax. He uses the rent on his old house to help pay for the mortgage on his new house and he doesn't even break even as it is.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
My buddy is gonna be pissed about that rent tax. He uses the rent to help pay for the mortgage on his new house and he doesn't even break even as it is.
Maby he should live in a house he can afford

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
I'm sure he can afford it. It's a common thing to do. Once I pay off this house, I will be renting it out to pay for my next one, and then renting both of those to pay for my third one.

He's pissed because it is already being taxed at his tax rate now, and they are gonna tack an extra 3% on it to pay for some low lifes medicaid.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post

He's pissed because it is already being taxed at his tax rate now, and they are gonna tack an extra 3% on it to pay for some low lifes medicaid.
Yeah thats a bunch of shit

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Wolverines!!!

As strychnine puts it, you give the worthless fucks the idea of healthcare then massive amnesty for 50 million illegals and youve basically killed off the 2 party system.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The point is he can afford it without bama's additional 4% tax increase. BTW.... I'm not sure it will affect him since he earns less than $150,000/year from his job. I haven't studied it enough yet to know who will get these taxes.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
As strychnine puts it, you give the worthless fucks the idea of healthcare then massive amnesty for 50 million illegals and youve basically killed off the 2 party system.
Their own readymade voting base.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

The mighty empire that is America has almost ceased to exist.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Old Timer

There is a 3.8% investment tax in the new Health Care Bill.

So as it sits right now, all IRA's, 401K's, Stocks, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, etc... all have a 3.8% additional tax added to them per year.

2006 Mustang GT
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
There is a 3.8% investment tax in the new Health Care Bill.

So as it sits right now, all IRA's, 401K's, Stocks, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, etc... all have a 3.8% additional tax added to them per year.
Seriously?

Edit:

Yea I guess so, as the income will be taxed before it is put into the 401k/IRA.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Lifer

But are the people who are making less than 1XX,XXX a year still going to get taxed the 4%?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Worship me

What in the hell are you guys talking about? There is an additional 3.8% tax on unearned income. That generally means income from interest or cash dividends. This has nothing to do with 401K plans.

If you want to know what is in this bill, go over to the Wall Street Journal website and read up:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...s_Most_Popular

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
What in the hell are you guys talking about? There is an additional 3.8% tax on unearned income. That generally means income from interest or cash dividends. This has nothing to do with 401K plans.

If you want to know what is in this bill, go over to the Wall Street Journal website and read up:

Do it for me and tell me how it will effect me.

I guess I'll read it gosh!

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Time Served

So, what happens to our current health benefits at work if we have them? Are we allowed to keep our private-sector insurance or does everyone have to switch over the the czar's ways?

1992 LX Coupe - just a few bolt-ons.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Lifer

Another $940 billion of our dollars spent. It will come to a point where those who put forth the great effort to succeed will stop doing so if every small measure of success means another grifter gets to suckle at their teet.

Quote:
Do it for me and tell me how it will effect me.

I guess I'll read it gosh!
This bill will push for all small businesses to offer employee plans. It will keep children on their parents plans longer(till26 yrs old), extended infancy I suppose. Requirement will begin for most people to have health insurance,employers with more than 50 employees that don't provide affordable coverage must pay a $3,000 fine per employee. Penalties for people who don't carry coverage will rise to 2.5% of taxable income or $695, later. Of course then there will be the special duty tax of 40% imposed on health plans valued at more than $10,200 for individual coverage and $27,500 for family coverage. It will extend the already unsuccessful medicaid plans and end the somewhat successful medicaid advance plans.

We are going to put a massive number of people on government healthcare, and yet not touch the supply side of the equation? In fact lets hinder the supply side by taxing doctors and medical pratices more, as they await a new wave of customers paid for by our money. Medicare hardly pays their bill now, another reason many practices don't accept medicare.Drug makers will face an annual fee of $2.5 billion and it will rise in subsequent years. Every hear of rationing under socialized medicine? Get ready for it.

But its okay! We are being selfless and helping others right?Down with the rich!pay my shit!I am entitled! Well when that tax on wages rises to 2.35% from 1.45%, and that new 3.8% tax on unearned income such as dividends and interest hits,and when the excise tax of 2.9% is imposed on sale of medical devices, lets see who pays for this. Lets see how this affects our already failing economy, especially after our $700 billion dollar band aid begins to peel off and we find out the dollar is worthless. I'm sure the stock market will look great tomorrow.

Well at least it was passed fairly right? Open discussion and majority opinion chose this, yes? Oh....wait.
This is no Republic.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
So, what happens to our current health benefits at work if we have them? Are we allowed to keep our private-sector insurance or does everyone have to switch over the the czar's ways?
You can keep your private insurance. All the health care bill means immediately is that couples making $200k+ and individuals making $250k+ will pay 2.35% instead of 1.45% plus a 3.8% increase on unearned income. The government option "supermarket" doesn't become available until 2014.

Some of you guys are acting like it's some drastic tax that's going to fuck us all in the ass.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
But are the people who are making less than 1XX,XXX a year still going to get taxed the 4%?
If you rent, you will be paying 4% more, because the landlord needs your money to give it to the FEDs.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post

Some of you guys are acting like it's some drastic tax that's going to fuck us all in the ass.
One thing has always held true with the government, no matter who is in office. They spend outrageous amounts of money to fix a problem. If you think we are only going to the increases you just listed, you're sadly mistaken. If you want proof, look at every fucking penny the government has ever spent.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
You can keep your private insurance. All the health care bill means immediately is that couples making $200k+ and individuals making $250k+ will pay 2.35% instead of 1.45% plus a 3.8% increase on unearned income. The government option "supermarket" doesn't become available until 2014.

The tax increases don't happen immediately. Stop talking out of your ass.

The health care bill means an increase in demand for services and a massive Medicaid burden on the states. Why do you think that ten states have already sued the federal government?

It also means an increase in premiums FOR EVERYONE.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
One thing has always held true with the government, no matter who is in office. They spend outrageous amounts of money to fix a problem. If you think we are only going to the increases you just listed, you're sadly mistaken. If you want proof, look at every fucking penny the government has ever spent.
Agreed. In 1965, they estimated that medicare would cost $60Billion, but it is really $480Billion.

Wait a couple years, they will say, "Oops, it cost more than we thought. Time to raise taxes."
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Old Timer

Quote:

It also means your 401k, IRA's, Stocks, etc..

When you turn 59 1/2 or later, when you start withdrawing from your 401k, IRA, you will be taxed via Income Tax PLUS the additional 3.8%, since most of your growth in these funds are as a result of Interest, Dividends, etc... Currently your IRA's and 401k Roll over your dividends into the plans.

2006 Mustang GT
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
It also means your 401k, IRA's, Stocks, etc..

When you turn 59 1/2 or later, when you start withdrawing from your 401k, IRA, you will be taxed via Income Tax PLUS the additional 3.8%, since most of your growth in these funds are as a result of Interest, Dividends, etc... Currently your IRA's and 401k Roll over your dividends into the plans.
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. 401k distributions are plain old income and have nothing to do with this.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. 401k distributions are plain old income and have nothing to do with this.
I'm not following either.

--wes
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 PM
too many projects!

Quote:

Thats the way I see. I hope

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement