Homeland Security Unveils Mobile Mind Screening Checkpoints - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Homeland Security Unveils Mobile Mind Screening Checkpoints

Even George Orwell couldn't have imagined it would get this bad when he made the movie 1984.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Orwell couldn't have imagined it? Really? Because I'm pretty sure thoughtcrime is at least 2 steps ahead of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Lifer

I'm thinking of a finger...

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Lifer

Ill be telling them to fuck off in my head

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Orwell couldn't have imagined it? Really? Because I'm pretty sure thoughtcrime is at least 2 steps ahead of this.
Well they weren't scanning peoples brains yet. You are correct though thought crime was part of it. Regardless of what step it's on, it's definitely eerie.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Well they weren't scanning peoples brains yet. You are correct though thought crime was part of it. Regardless of what step it's on, it's definitely eerie.
Yes they were. The two-way screens in every room listened to people's dreams.

Give me a dollar.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:38 PM
makin' bacon

Shit, I would have thought 1984 would have been tinhats bible.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Lifer

I'm sure we'll see these at police stations, job interviews, hospitals, schools, etc in the future.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Yes they were. The two-way screens in every room listened to people's dreams.
I don't recall that part of the dream scanning I remember the screens though. I only watched it once. So Orwell saw it coming, bad comparison on my part.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
I don't recall that part of the dream scanning I remember the screens though. I only watched it once. So Orwell saw it coming, bad comparison on my part.
Quote:
Even George Orwell couldn't have imagined it would get this bad when he made the movie 1984.
When he made the movie ???

You do know that Orwell wrote the book 1984 in 1949 and was dead 34 years before the movie came out, right?

Have you never read 1984 ?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post

You do know that Orwell wrote the book 1984 in 1949 and was dead 34 years before the movie came out, right?

Actually I do have the book, but have yet to read it. It's next in line. I'm reading Lost Symbols right now by Dan Brown.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

I did my senior theme in high school English on the book 1984.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:

they made a book out of that!

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:18 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Thumbs up

Quote:

LMGDAO! I glossed right over the "movie" part. I guess I gave this dipshit too much credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 AM
mannish boy

I'm thinking I'm glad I made a vow to myself not to bring another human into this shithole
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Actually I do have the book, but have yet to read it. It's next in line. I'm reading Lost Symbols right now by Dan Brown.
Toss that Dan Brown shit in the trash and read 1984 ... much better book IMO.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
mannish boy

it's a brave new world we're living in!
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Canada is welcome here.

As usual, this could backfire drastically. I'll make that mutha think I'm the pope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I Я Invizabul

How many of you watched the video in its entirety? Anyone care to venture a guess on how it works?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
07 TBSS

I'm going to guess it has a preset program to interpret micro facial expressions combined with the thermal imaging and overall body language. I'm sure the tone of voice combined with how fast someone responds plays a factor into it as well.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
How many of you watched the video in its entirety? Anyone care to venture a guess on how it works?
So how does it work?

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
So how does it work?
I want you to tell me what you think.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder View Post
I'm going to guess it has a preset program to interpret micro facial expressions combined with the thermal imaging and overall body language. I'm sure the tone of voice combined with how fast someone responds plays a factor into it as well.
If that's the case, then it's a failure before it ever starts. A person can be taught to bypass all of those.

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
If that's the case, then it's a failure before it ever starts. A person can be taught to bypass all of those.
The idea of it alone is appalling to me. I may be mis-understanding their technique according to Pokulski-Blatz, but the idea in itself is just fucked up IMO. If it's their real intentions to scan a persons brain and decide something off of a thought, that's really insane. You're thinking wrong with "oh I can get past that crap" we shouldn't have to get past that crap and be subjected to ridiculous things like this.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 03-14-2010 at 12:38 AM.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I'm thinking of a finger...

I'd be embarrassing the hell out of the chicks working the checkpoints with the flat out raunchy shit I'd be thinking about doing with them...
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:52 PM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Well based on the video and it's potential applications the system is meant to stop the average person who might be attempting something. Not a person with professional training. To be trained to regulate your body temp, pitch and tone of your voice along with your micro facial expressions would take quite a bit of training.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I don't want it to be done either. But really we are only moving closer and closer to all that stuff. I still want Bill Clinton's finger print scanner at the DPS/DMV to be done away with.

Quote:

Quote:
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Time Served

And Congress wonders why they are running out of money.... it's idiotic and useless expenditures like this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Yeah. I wonder how many zeros there are in the price tag of one of those trailers?
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Canada is welcome here.

All for something that could be faulty anyway. Everyone is different, and not everyone is going to set off a red flag, even if they have ill intent. Not to mention the fact that people are going to devise ways to get around it. That's just the way it goes. Waste of money.

Quote:

Quote:
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Worship me

What a joke. Like any large event is going to have time to screen people like that. Not only that but any reasonable person is going to get pissed off and tell them to stick their questions up their fucking asses. I know I would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement