a thought while watching HURT LOCKER - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

a thought while watching HURT LOCKER

How the fuck do you decide over there who is the shithead bad guys and who is innocent? Damn, those guys providing cover, looking at civilians around them trying to decide who is a threat and who is an innocent bystander. I'm sorry, if I were over there I'd probably shoot a few innocents but fuck trying to make that decision with my finger on the trigger trying to find out who was about to try and kill me. I have an all new respect for those guys, I don't think I could do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Bullet Sponge

Body language mostly. Body language, training and experience.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
PAN

Why kill or be killed means kill or be killed...

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

You act nervous or stupid in those tense situations and I'd shoot your ass
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Dude, I was thinking the exact same thing. I would just shoot any bystanders, so that the word would get around. You see these guys and you stick around, you get shot. Then you simply wouldn't have a problem any more. Problem solved. And the movie was a bit inaccurate. They would have destroyed that guy who blew through the blockade in his car.

My other thought while watching that movie was: If those people would rather be slaughtered by whatever dictator they allow into power, maybe we should just watch and laugh? The countries that seem to be doing all right are (not suffering terrorist attacks) the ones that seem to try to just mind their own business. I mean think about it. If those dune coons started pulling all their bullshit in the early 90's, and we said "Fine. We'll just invest the money into developing our own energy technology, and you can take your dinosaur juice and just stick it right back up your ass." What could they have said or done? Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 03-10-2010 at 10:32 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Lifer

Animal Mother: "Well, if you ask me, uh, we're shooting the wrong gooks."
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Body language mostly. Body language, training and experience.
x2 The first time I saw an empty market I didnt think much of it...learned that lesson real quick
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Bullet Sponge

The first time I saw an empty market and a little girl on a cell, I took a bullet in the head, lost a best friend, got hit by 2 rpg's and fought for several hours. Fuck empty markets
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
The first time I saw an empty market and a little girl on a cell, I took a bullet in the head, lost a best friend, got hit by 2 rpg's and fought for several hours. Fuck empty markets
sucks dude
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Time Served

This is the very reason why the way we fight wars today is totally wrong and completely ineffective and gets zero in the way of results other than random deaths of our own men.

Patton had it 100% right when he said you win by making the other mother fucker die first.

I promise you that if I had any say in it all, we'd fight wars the old school way and only the old school way. You pulverize the enemy. PERIOD.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
I promise you that if I had any say in it all, we'd fight wars the old school way and only the old school way. You pulverize the enemy. PERIOD.
Give them stupid women over there something to really cry about.

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Dude, I was thinking the exact same thing. I would just shoot any bystanders, so that the word would get around. You see these guys and you stick around, you get shot. Then you simply wouldn't have a problem any more. Problem solved. And the movie was a bit inaccurate. They would have destroyed that guy who blew through the blockade in his car.

My other thought while watching that movie was: If those people would rather be slaughtered by whatever dictator they allow into power, maybe we should just watch and laugh? The countries that seem to be doing all right are (not suffering terrorist attacks) the ones that seem to try to just mind their own business. I mean think about it. If those dune coons started pulling all their bullshit in the early 90's, and we said "Fine. We'll just invest the money into developing our own energy technology, and you can take your dinosaur juice and just stick it right back up your ass." What could they have said or done? Nothing.
Because inevitably, those dictators have to focus the countries attention not on internal problems, but external ones to focus the nation on a goal that the dictator can steer. It's a way to vent all the injustices of their dictatorship on someone else, and what better target than the great Satan united states?

Hugo Chavez does it, so does Iran and North Korea. Its a lot easier to control huge numbers of unemployed, uneducated young males when they are stirred to jihad against the US than sitting around pissed off that they dont have work in your country, getting pissed at YOU and thinking about rebellious acts.

Or you have problems like central africa which is a giant shithole.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Worship me

All you need is a slick talker, people with nothing to live for and a common enemy and your tiny little country with the shitty dictator becomes a regional war or worse yet, a major conflict. We learned this a long time ago.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
x2 The first time I saw an empty market I didnt think much of it...learned that lesson real quick
Quote:
That goes in the memory bank, leaving real soon.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Animal Mother: "Well, if you ask me, uh, we're shooting the wrong gooks."
words of wisdom.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What is an 'empty market?'
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Bullet Sponge

It's a market place, common in Iraq, that is usually the city center where everyone goes to trade and sell. In Sadr City, it was a city of 5 million people in 4 city blocks. The market was always busy. Until we were there.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
It's a market place, common in Iraq, that is usually the city center where everyone goes to trade and sell. In Sadr City, it was a city of 5 million people in 4 city blocks. The market was always busy. Until we were there.
Also kinda makes you think "Damn we're some badass muthas." or, "These people just don't want any shit from us, that's why they all left. Cause they don't want the trouble." I'd probly think both of those things. And what keeps you from just shooting the retards who are stupid enough to stick around? I mean really. CNN can't be there all the time... wouldn't take long for word to get around, then you might not have that problem.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by justinsn95; 03-11-2010 at 10:41 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Bullet Sponge

I thought both of those things. I was wrong.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Canada is welcome here.

So basically, everyone there knew about the people who were going to attack you? Seems like it would be pretty easy to find someone to interrogate then.

Quote:

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement