Should we keep rewarding companies/government agencies for failure? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Should we keep rewarding companies/government agencies for failure?

I think the problem with this country is no one gets rewarded for accomplishing their mission. Success is measured in the almighty dollar and it should be measured by whether or not you have completed your mission statement.
A good example of this would be the Department of Public Safety. Their job is to insure the safety of drivers through the enforcement of traffic laws. Which they are doing a mighty fine job of I might add. But any time you reward a company for failure it only hurts the customers. The more speeders they have, the more money they make. How is that working towards our goal of having safe roads? In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing.
Anyone have any ideas of how we could reward the police for cutting back on traffic violators. In other words if we could help people stop speeding and improve safety in the process, how could we motivate law enforcement to put these things into place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Out

How about each and every one of us stops breaking the laws, assholes?!?!

LMAO @ the felon trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
How about each and every one of us stops breaking the laws, assholes?!?!

LMAO @ the felon trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
Then an infinite loop would result. Less-police more-crime more-police less-crime. Every time people would join together and stop breaking the law only two things can happen. Either the police have to start making cut backs or the laws have to get stricter. Since most people fight for their jobs like its their life, I am thinking the laws would only get stricter and the punishments would get worse and worse to the point of having to buy insurance to pay for tickets.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Out

Your logic defines you. I see what makes your actions easy for you.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Then an infinite loop would result. Less-police more-crime more-police less-crime. Every time people would join together and stop breaking the law only two things can happen. Either the police have to start making cut backs or the laws have to get stricter. Since most people fight for their jobs like its their life, I am thinking the laws would only get stricter and the punishments would get worse and worse to the point of having to buy insurance to pay for tickets.
Do you believe this relationship would actually ever be able to be tested in the way modern society is? Quit thinking in theories that cannot be tested or proven and thing in real world logic.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

BTW the victims of an unsafe driver are often not the unsafe drivers. With that being said, why wouldn't everyone want the roads to be safer?

Quote:

post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Out

Fuck...
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM
duh...duh....duh

The answer to your question is obvious. I dislike you too much to care anymore beyond that.

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
BTW the victims of an unsafe driver are often not the unsafe drivers. With that being said, why wouldn't everyone want the roads to be safer?
Deflecting the point much?

post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Do you believe this relationship would actually ever be able to be tested in the way modern society is? Quit thinking in theories that cannot be tested or proven and thing in real world logic.
What do you think I have been working on all these years? Come on man. If we are not at least making the rules possible to have a perfect society, then we will never have one. If there was a way to make the roads a shitload safer and create law enforcement jobs in the process you wouldn't be for it?

Quote:

post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Deflecting the point much?

Do you have random dumb fuck comments and pictures you post up after not reading anything that was said just to get your post count up or what?

Quote:

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:30 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
What do you think I have been working on all these years? Come on man. If we are not at least making the rules possible to have a perfect society, then we will never have one. If there was a way to make the roads a shitload safer and create law enforcement jobs in the process you wouldn't be for it?
It is impossible to have a perfect society because no one will ever be perfect.

Think of it like absolute zero...there is no way to EVER reach absolute zero because there is always someway for heat to come in/cold to escape in some minute way to not achieve it.

Humans will never be perfect, it's impossible and to think we can ever have a Utopian/perfect society is simply retarded.

In a perfect society we wouldn't need rules because everyone would do what they were supposed to do, thus rules not needing to be enforced correct?
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I saw the trailer for the new "Wallstreet" movie last night. I like Gordon Gekko's line in the trailer: "Greed seems to be legal these days." He couldn't be any more spot on.

BTW: Why the hell are we going to stop rewarding government/buinesses for failing when WE REWARD LITTLE KIDS FOR FAILING!!!!

This all stems from the way we treat pee-wee leaguers. There are no losers in little kid sports anymore, because we don't want to hurt anyones feelings.
post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
I saw the trailer for the new "Wallstreet" movie last night. I like Gordon Gekko's line in the trailer: "Greed seems to be legal these days." He couldn't be any more spot on.

BTW: Why the hell are we going to stop rewarding government/buinesses for failing when WE REWARD LITTLE KIDS FOR FAILING!!!!

This all stems from the way we treat pee-wee leaguers. There are no losers in little kid sports anymore, because we don't want to hurt anyones feelings.
That's to make the parents feel better. The kids know the score.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
That's to make the parents feel better. The kids know the score.
I know my son does...

Win or find your own dinner.
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
I think the problem with this country is no one gets rewarded for accomplishing their mission. Success is measured in the almighty dollar and it should be measured by whether or not you have completed your mission statement.
A good example of this would be the Department of Public Safety. Their job is to insure the safety of drivers through the enforcement of traffic laws. Which they are doing a mighty fine job of I might add. But any time you reward a company for failure it only hurts the customers. The more speeders they have, the more money they make. How is that working towards our goal of having safe roads? In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing.
Anyone have any ideas of how we could reward the police for cutting back on traffic violators. In other words if we could help people stop speeding and improve safety in the process, how could we motivate law enforcement to put these things into place?
What you are suggesting would create wide spread corruption and false arrests. If you cant work that out in your head I dont care to explain it to you.
post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I know my son does...

Win or find your own dinner.
Fucking A right! My kids are savagely competitive.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
What you are suggesting would create wide spread flux capacitors. If you cant work that out in your head I dont care to explain it to you because i cant either.
Thats more like it.

Quote:

post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post

I think before you can say we are training them to fail you have to define what the point of little league is. Can you do that for me?

Quote:

post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Thats more like it.
Jesus christ ... when you have no point to defend you continue to look for a fight? Fuck this noise, I could care less.
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Jesus christ ... when you have no point to defend you continue to look for a fight? Fuck this noise, I could care less.
I am the one looking for the fight? hahahaha
As for your previous statement. If you cant explain it dont even talk about it.

edit:
plus you posted pictures of my children on this forum. You think I am gonna ever forget that?

Quote:

post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Out

Quote:

edit:
plus you posted pictures of my children on this forum. You think I am gonna ever forget that?
Shit... you've procreated?!?!
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Jesus christ Mike.

Fine, I will give you one more reply.

If you reward cops for arresting the criminals how long before you start to get cops that frame innocents for crimes just to get the "bonus" ? How long before you get cops that are bribed into taking someone else in for a crim because there ex-employee paid them to do it. You have to look no further than the IRS' "snitch" program to see that it dosent really work, after doing a tiny bit of reading about the program you see they have a large amount of grudge complaints and it costs more money and time to sift thru them to get to the real tax evaders.

Take my damned picture down and the pic of your kids and you gets removed.
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
This message is hidden because 5.0 svo is on your ignore list.
Congratulations Mike, you're the first person to make it to my ignore list.

post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Out

If you're in Law Enforcement for the money, then you're in it for the wrong reasons. Bonuses would do nothing to my productivity. Some people don't understand honor and integrity.
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
If you're in Law Enforcement for the money, then you're in it for the wrong reasons. Bonuses would do nothing to my productivity. Some people don't understand honor and integrity.

At least someone else gets it.

Now if you dont mind I am going to stop giving him (5.0svo) what he wants. Besides, I have a epic amount of 5.11 shit I need to drop off at Fed Ex for returns.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Jesus christ Mike.

Fine, I will give you one more reply.

If you reward cops for arresting the criminals how long before you start to get cops that frame innocents for crimes just to get the "bonus" ? How long before you get cops that are bribed into taking someone else in for a crim because there ex-employee paid them to do it. You have to look no further than the IRS' "snitch" program to see that it dosent really work, after doing a tiny bit of reading about the program you see they have a large amount of grudge complaints and it costs more money and time to sift thru them to get to the real tax evaders.

Take my damned picture down and the pic of your kids and you gets removed.
When did I ever say we would reward cops for arresting criminals? Again you would be rewarding people for failure. We would be seeing commercials on TV for 3 hots and a cot.

Quote:

post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Police officers might not be in it for the money. Which I hope they are not. But the system is designed so that the law enforcement community is dependent on monies from lawbreakers. In other words they are funded by crime.

Quote:

post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
When did I ever say we would reward cops for arresting criminals? Again you would be rewarding people for failure. We would be seeing commercials on TV for 3 hots and a cot.
Just so we are clear Mikey, if I see you put my picture ANYWHERE again I will run the pic of you and your kids along with all the info anyone would need to find you in my sig for thee remainder of time. Are we clear?
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Out

Quote:
Police officers might not be in it for the money. Which I hope they are not. But the system is designed so that the law enforcement community is dependent on monies from lawbreakers. In other words they are funded by crime.
Then bring down the government by being a good boy!
post #31 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Just so we are clear Mikey, if I see you put my picture ANYWHERE again I will run the pic of you and your kids along with all the info anyone would need to find you in my sig for thee remainder of time. Are we clear?
You don't have the balls to do it right now!

post #32 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Wrong, the state gets that money. It is my understanding that money from tickets is funneled into state funds then the state pays the departments out of a different fund. If you want to refute that come up with some hard proof, otherwise its just bullshit.
post #33 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Yea see how it feels dick holster?

Quote:

post #34 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Out

Quote:
Too late, dawg. I dun already right clicked dem pics.
post #35 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Out

Quote:
OK, this just got gay... bailing.
post #36 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
You don't have the balls to do it right now!
I have already put it all out in other thread Sean.

I am a man of my word though, he keeps my real name and my picture off the internet and the only place his info will be is in those threads and in a PM to anyone that really really wants it.
post #37 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Too late, dawg. I dun already right clicked dem pics.
Of the kiddos and himself? Or are you going to print out my picture to tape to your Iraq love doll?
post #38 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Out

Quote:
Of the kiddos and himself? Or are you going to print out my picture to tape to your Iraq love doll?
Yes
post #39 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Wrong, the state gets that money. It is my understanding that money from tickets is funneled into state funds then the state pays the departments out of a different fund. If you want to refute that come up with some hard proof, otherwise its just bullshit.
Ok so the money goes to MADD? Either way you look at it, some government organization is dependent on crime.
And how come almost every time I get a ticket, they tell me it wont go on my record and they aren't gonna report it to the state? Like I am the only one getting a great deal. wink wink

Quote:

post #40 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Ok so the money goes to MADD? Either way you look at it, some government organization is dependent on crime.
And how come almost every time I get a ticket, they tell me it wont go on my record and they aren't gonna report it to the state? Like I am the only one getting a great deal. wink wink
MADD is not a gov agency. it is a private entity like move on or code blue ... both of those I assume you are rather familiar with.

As far as the ticket not being reported. I am pretty sure the money still goes to the state but I am not 100% on how this is done. If you really want to know ask your local PD to explain it to you. If they cant ask the City of Waco's comptroller.
post #41 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Are we fucking clear? This is a yes or no question. I have far more on you that you could ever get on me, I wouldn't go starting a war again. I WILL win.
post #42 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Yes
Dirty dirty Denny .....
post #43 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Then bring down the government by being a good boy!
Tell people to quit promoting crime and I will.

Quote:

post #44 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Tell people to quit promoting crime and I will.

Quote:
Are we fucking clear? This is a yes or no question. I have far more on you that you could ever get on me, I wouldn't go starting a war again. I WILL win.
Dont ignore my question Mr. Walker. Are we clear?
post #45 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
I have already put it all out in other thread Sean.

I am a man of my word though, he keeps my real name and my picture off the internet and the only place his info will be is in those threads and in a PM to anyone that really really wants it.
Actually I think what I am gonna do is go sign up on some other forums and use your name and pictures in my profile. I will never say that they are me of course. But I will get pretty radical with what I have to say.

Quote:

post #46 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Dont ignore my question Mr. Walker. Are we clear?
Mr Anderson. Is there something wrong Mr. Anderson?

Quote:

post #47 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Actually I think what I am gonna do is go sign up on some other forums and use your name and pictures in my profile. I will never say that they are me of course. But I will get pretty radical with what I have to say.
I told you that if you were to use my picture or my name ANYWHERE I would put everything out there in my sig for everyone to see everyday till the end of time.

Do you really want to put your kids out there like that? The choice is yours. You started this bullshit, be man enough to admit when you are beat.
post #48 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Mr Anderson. Is there something wrong Mr. Anderson?
I am only going to ask one more time before I change my mind. Do we have an understanding?
post #49 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Do you really want to put your kids out there like that?
your funny. if you really didnt want your picture or name seen you would have offered to keep everything off. but nooooo you just like being a dick nosed pirate.

Quote:

post #50 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
I told you that if you were to use my picture or my name ANYWHERE I would put everything out there in my sig for everyone to see everyday till the end of time.

Do you really want to put your kids out there like that? The choice is yours. You started this bullshit, be man enough to admit when you are beat.
OMG! Noooo. not all the pictures from my myspace! I didnt have any makeup on in those pics and my hair was a mess! Please god noooooo
I double dog dare you

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement