More HealthCare BS - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

More HealthCare BS

This fucking cunt really is the devil.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...s-health-care/

Pelosi: Lawmakers Should Sacrifice Jobs for Health Care

House Speaker Pelosi says lawmakers aren't in Washington for job security but 'to do the job for the American people.'

Thursday: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, accompanied by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and House Majority Whip James Clyburn of South Carolina, speaks with reporters outside the White House at the end of a health care summit with President Obama and Republicans held at Blair House. (AP Photo)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers, a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.

Lawmakers sometimes must enact policies that, even if unpopular at the moment, will help the public, Pelosi said in an interview being broadcast Sunday the ABC News program "This Week."
"We're not here just to self-perpetuate our service in Congress," she said. "We're here to do the job for the American people."

It took courage for Congress to pass Social Security and Medicare, which eventually became highly popular, she said, "and many of the same forces that were at work decades ago are at work again against this bill."

It's unclear whether Pelosi's remarks will embolden or chill dozens of moderate House Democrats who face withering criticisms of the health care proposal in visits with constituents and in national polls. Republican lawmaker unanimously oppose the health care proposals, and many GOP strategists believe voters will turn against Democrats in the November elections.

Pelosi, from San Francisco, is more liberal than scores of her Democratic colleagues. But she generally walks a careful line between urging them to back left-of-center policies and giving them a green light to buck party leaders to improve their re-election hopes.

Her comments to ABC, in the interview released Sunday, seemed to acknowledge the widely held view that Democrats will lose House seats this fall -- maybe a lot. They now control the chamber 255 to 178, with two vacancies. Pelosi stopped well short of suggesting Democrats could lose their majority, but she called on members of her party to make a bold move on health care with no prospects of GOP help.

"Time is up," she said. "We really have to go forth."

Her comments somewhat echoed those of President Obama, who said at the end of last week's bipartisan health care summit that Congress should act on the issue and let voters render their verdicts. "That's what elections are for," he said.

The White House says Obama, perhaps on Wednesday, will announce a "way forward" on health care. He, Pelosi, and Senate Democratic leaders have left little doubt that they hope to pass a Democratic-crafted bill under "budget reconciliation" rules that would bar Republican filibusters in the Senate. It's unclear whether Pelosi can muster the needed votes in the House.

White House officials say they will redouble efforts to remind voters that the Senate passed an Obama-backed health care bill in December, with a super majority of 60 votes. The new plan calls for the House to pass that bill and send it to Obama's desk, and then use Senate budget reconciliation rules to make several changes demanded by House Democrats.

Following a Republican victory in Massachusetts last month, Democrats now control 59 of the Senate's 100 seats, one vote short of the number needed to block GOP filibusters.

Pelosi told CNN that "in a matter of days" Democrats will have specific legislative language on health care to show to the public and to wavering lawmakers. She predicted voters will warm up to the bill once they understand its details.

"When we have a bill," she said, "you can bake the pie, you can sell the pie. But you have to have a pie to sell."

Obama and Democratic lawmakers say they may add several more Republican ideas to their legislative package, even if it's unlikely to attract a single GOP vote. One idea, by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., would focus on battling waste and fraud in the medical system.

The main elements of the Democratic plan are known, and opposed by Republicans in Congress. It would insure about 30 million more Americans over 10 years with subsidies for the poor and a new requirement for nearly everyone to carry health insurance.

It would also bar some insurance company practices, such as denying coverage to people with medical problems. And it would establish government-run exchanges to help individuals and small businesses obtain insurance policies, although it would exclude the "public option" that many liberals wanted.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Lifer

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	npelosi225w.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	97065  

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Lifer

It's all bullshit either way. People either bitch at the cost or they bitch about government control. Pick your poison.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
T-MINUS

Yeah, some guy that has been out of work for a year will love to hear that.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Yeah, some guy that has been out of work for a year will love to hear that.
Legislative jobs, not 'commoner' jobs.

Quote:
Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's all bullshit either way. People either bitch at the cost or they bitch about government control. Pick your poison.
I'd rather have the opportunity to pay $20K for a heart surgery rather than have some government bureaucrat tell me if I'm qualified or not.

Whole article just shows its agenda they want to pass. Not if its good or not.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttx View Post
i'd rather have the opportunity to pay $20k for a heart surgery rather than have some government bureaucrat tell me if i'm qualified or not.
bing-o!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Out

Election Day... on the rooftops of DC
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I chose to keep the feds b.s. laws out of it.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
IA2

ie: we know better than you do, and we're gonna do what we want do, and damn the torpedos!

Heh... sounds like a losing strategy. We'll show ya in 2010 and 2012. The arrogance of pelosi just blows my mind. Shes gonna piss off the wrong person some day.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post

"We're here to do the job for the American people."
The people DON'T WANT THIS BULLSHIT!!!!

How fucking stupid do they have to be to not realize that?
How do we make it any more clear?

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Coupe View Post

You would think right? Its like they dont give a shit, well then why are they wanting this so bad? What is the end game here? This is going to pretty much oust every democrat in the house/senate/white house. They are sealing their own fate.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
I'd rather have the opportunity to pay $20K for a heart surgery rather than have some government bureaucrat tell me if I'm qualified or not.

Whole article just shows its agenda they want to pass. Not if its good or not.
In general people dont let people just die. It doesnt happen in Canada with "socialized health care" and it doesnt happen here.

I just acquired almost $70k in medical bills. No insurance or anything and I didnt get thrown into the dumpster.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:

yep.

i don't back anything this goverment mandates.

less gov. in the future would be nice for a "CHANGE"

RON PAUL '08
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Sounds to me like she is basically admitting that they want to fuck up the country as bad as they can before they get their sorry asses voted out.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:

How fucking stupid does someone have to be to realize this has nothing to do with health care or health insurance?

Believing congress is foolish. Imagine you're banging a girl and everytime she blows you, you fill her cheeks with your unrealized offspring, after promising her you wouldn't. We're the dumb bitch with calloused knees that keeps coming back and listening to empty promises while our leaders promise that 'this time I'll warn you...' knowing full well, we'll be gagging in no time.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
How fucking stupid does someone have to be to realize this has nothing to do with health care or health insurance?

Believing congress is foolish. Imagine you're banging a girl and everytime she blows you, you fill her cheeks with your unrealized offspring, after promising her you wouldn't. We're the dumb bitch with calloused knees that keeps coming back and listening to empty promises while our leaders promise that 'this time I'll warn you...' knowing full well, we'll be gagging in no time.
hell i knew that as soon as it came about.

RON PAUL '08
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
In general people dont let people just die. It doesnt happen in Canada with "socialized health care" and it doesnt happen here.

I just acquired almost $70k in medical bills. No insurance or anything and I didnt get thrown into the dumpster.
Go check out how things are done in a VA hospital, then come back and make that statement. They are a prime example of what healthcare will be in America if pelosi/obama/reid have their way.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
hell i knew that as soon as it came about.
Pun? Maybe not...
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Lifer

there is so many aspects of healthcare reform that both parties agree on, wouldnt it make more sense for our congressmen to just put together a bill they all agree on and start doing something for the american people.

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Out

Sadly, the first side that compromises is inferior and wrong. In the meantime, time and money is wasted on their bickering.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Lifer

"Pelosi: Lawmakers Should Sacrifice Jobs for Health Care"

Well, I hope it comes to that.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifer

i wish she'd sacrifice her job.lol

cunt!

RON PAUL '08
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
there is so many aspects of healthcare reform that both parties agree on, wouldnt it make more sense for our congressmen to just put together a bill they all agree on and start doing something for the american people.
The bill, as written, is primarily a creation of the democrats. The republicans were turned away every time they tried to provide input. The arrogance of reid, pelosi, and obama made them think that with their majorities in the house and senate they could pass anything they wanted to, so they put this turd together behind closed doors with plenty of gravy to those that asked for it (landrieu, nelson, pharma).

Didn't happen. They forgot about the blue dog dems, who are more on the conservative side. Then kennedys seat went to a republican, and sealed that deal.

Now, they are in damage control mode. Saying that the republicans had a part in it paves the way for them to blame the republicans later on if does not pass. And pandering to the republicans is a desperate way to try to get some votes.

Still not gonna work.

So they will likely turn to reconciliation to pass it. And there go their 2010/2012 reelection chances.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
The majority of American people don't want it because they are smart enough to foresee the outcome: rationed health care and services, questionable medical providers being covered by federal immunities, a loss in privacy (Gov having access to your medical records), and an overall power grab.
The democratic leaders openly saying that they want the elected representatives of the people to go against the wishes of said people speaks volumes.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

Anyone read the part of the bill that states that employers will have to pay not only a large section of their employees health insurance, but 45%of each of their family members insurance.

You are not allowed to ask a potential hire how many family members they have.

And thus, nobody will be hired again. Create jobs my ass.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Anyone read the part of the bill that states that employers will have to pay not only a large section of their employees health insurance, but 45%of each of their family members insurance.

You are not allowed to ask a potential hire how many family members they have.

And thus, nobody will be hired again. Create jobs my ass.
or the employers will offset the cost by lowering pay.

The dems don't get that businesses don't pay taxes, consumers do. The cost of a tax is passed right thru to the consumer in the form of higher prices, or lower production costs (ie: layoffs), or both.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
"Pelosi: Lawmakers Should Sacrifice Jobs for Health Care"

Well, I hope it comes to that.
Oh it will. These motherfuckers are just burying themselves.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Lifer

Here's what they really need to fix. They have the audacity to want to force me to pay for insurance so that more shit like this can go on.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/hea...lls.cnn?hpt=C2
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Go check out how things are done in a VA hospital, then come back and make that statement. They are a prime example of what healthcare will be in America if pelosi/obama/reid have their way.

Stevo
Heh, well I have a friend that pretty much goes through his life running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. He doesn't know what to do, (in just about any given situation) and blows money like he's totally rich, when he's totally poor. Always has some kind of bullshit bitch drama going on, and seems to be fairly into bigamy. Gets a new job bout every 3 months, if he can find one. The sad thing is, he's actually a pretty smart guy, but he just seems to lack the ability to learn lessons. I may actually start another thread on this guy.

Anyway, to get to the point. As usual, he is in between jobs right now and he had to go to the hospital for some stupid reason. He said they actually made him feel bad (more likely just humiliated, and I'm glad they did) because they kept on coming in the little ER room and asking him how he was going to pay. And being a little rude about it. Kinda funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement