Citibank article - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Citibank article

http://stockwidget.seekingalpha.com/...ithdrawal-gate

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Freethinker

Maybe its actually in case Texans decide they don't like the dollar anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Bullet Sponge

I was reading about that.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Maybe its actually in case Texans decide they don't like the dollar anymore.
No one's going to like it when it's worth as much as toilet paper, and that's not too far away.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
No one's going to like it when it's worth as much as toilet paper, and that's not too far away.
Yep it's going to shit.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Old Timer

When people elected Obama, they Wanted $$CHANGE$$$

What they didn't know, was that he was going to make your Dollars WORTH CHANGE... Pennies on the dollar..

2006 Mustang GT
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Worship me

I liked this one better and it summarizes my take on the guy in Austin pretty well...

http://stockwidget.seekingalpha.com/...cle_sb_popular

Wealth Disparities in U.S. Approaching 1920s Levels
My Take:

What a time to be an oligarch! All I wanted to do was vomit when I saw this.

Folks, there is no way we can have economic prosperity in this country when the top 1% has all of the money. The middle class is basically being destroyed right in front of our very eyes. Consumption economies die when the consumers have no money to consume!

I see growing signs of desperation and anger as the wealth of this nation continues to get transferred to the elite of this nation.

People are starting to "lose" it as a result. This past week's airplane event in Austin was a disturbing development. I must admit that I really am not surprised. The government shouldn't be either.

Things are only going to get worse in the violence department as the taxpayers continue to get violated and more desperate as a result of this economic cataststrophe. The news media tried to downplay the actions in Austin.

I think Washington was both surprised and concerned about what took place in Texas.

I have to ask: Should the government really be surpised that an American flew a plane into an IRS building in a fit of rage as we all get repeatedly fleeced by the political and social elites of this country?

Let me preface all of this by saying violence is not the answer here. However, why shouldn't every American be infuriated by what has ocurred since this crisis began?

All the government has done is bail out Wall St. continuously since 2008. My guess is the disparity of wealth in this chart would look even worse if it included 2009. The rest of America has basically been ignored minus a few housing programs to help lower mortgage payments.

That's what's been so frustrating about this whole crisis and America is finally starting to get it. Just about ALL of the steps that have been taken by the government to help fix this crisis have involved throwing more and more money to the financial elites of this country. I mean, the examples are endless: TARP, AIG, Bank of America (BAC), Citi (C), Freddie (FRE), Fannie (FNM)....Need I say more?

The sheeple are finally realizing that the money is not trickling to them like Washington had promised when they threw billions to the banks. The people have only seen things get worse while Wall St. has prospered. They now want to know where their friggin' bailout is!

They are also realizing that the goverment's actions since this all started in 2007 have done nothing but drop the yields on their CD's to 0%. Gee thanks!

Let's not forget that the sheeple/middle class were also victimized by Wall St. as they were gamed into buying homes they couldn't afford. When this fantasy came crashing down they were again violated as they saw their 401k's get cut in half.

The people of this country can only take so much before they start going postal!

In fact:

The Wall St Journal had an article out yesterday around the increasing threats of violence against the IRS:

WASHINGTON—The federal agency charged with ensuring the safety of IRS employees said it has seen an uptick in the past several years in threats against agency personnel.

In the past four years, there appears to have been a "steady, upward trend" in the number of threats against IRS employees, said an official with the Treasury Department's Inspector General for Tax Administration. That assessment, offered in response to an inquiry from Dow Jones Newswires, is based on preliminary data, the official cautioned.

The middle class in starting to feel like that pledge in the movie Animal House who says "thank you sir may I have another" after getting repeatedly paddled by his brothers.

Here is the reality that America has realized: If you are not part of the 1% club in this country you are nothing but a victimized pawn as the elite continue to line their pockets with our nation's income.

The middle class now finds themselves struggling to survive as the economy continues to plunge. Nothing has gotten any better despite what the media pundits tell you. Jobs continue to evaporate and foreclosures continue to soar as the middle class in this country continue to get pummeled.

Meanwhile, Wall St. is busy counting their year end bonuses after making billions gambling the taxpayers' money in 2009 as the sheeple find themselves on the brink of collapse.

The citizens of this country are slowly reaching their breaking point. When Ted Kennedy's Senate seat goes to a Republican you know the people have had it. The poor fellow is now probably rolling over in his grave after seeing a guy from the right take over his office.

The Bottom Line

We are now three years into this crisis and nothing the government has tried has worked. The market may have recovered (for now) but THE PEOPLE haven't. How much pain do these people in Washington think we can take before we start rising up and begin hanging bankers from the lamp posts?

They need to remember that EVERYONE has a maximum threshold of pain. If there was no such thing then you wouldn't see an MMA fighter "tap out" in the UFC. This country is just about there.

The plane crash in Texas should be taken as a shot across the bow in Washington. I am getting really concerned that we are going to see severe social issues in this nation if we continue down the same path in the very near future.

I would hate to see this because violence is not the answer folks. We need solutions and fast. I don't have all the answers but I know where we can start.

We can start by putting an end to the bailouts of the financial elite. Washington needs to start listening to Main St. instead of top 1%'ers on Wall St. If this creates an economic crisis so be it. At least it will keep this country solvent.

The government needs to realize that SELLING $118 BILLION IN T-BILLS NEXT WEEK IS NOT THE ANSWER! This simply cannot be maintained over a long period of time. Ponzi schemes never work and they don't solve financial crises. They end in tears.

Washington needs to wake up because we are headed straight off a cliff. Take one more look at the chart above and look what happened the last time the disparity in wealth in this country got this high.

Can you say Great Depression? Remember, the only way an economy can thrive is when the majority of people involved in it are prospering. We are about to drive off the same cliff that we did in the 1920s as the middle class is turned into a group of SERFS. Be prepared.

I need to end it here because I feel my blood pressure rising

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I was reading about that.
LMFAO

I don't know why, but that just made me laugh. I don't think it was what was said, but rather that is all that was said. Num sayin?
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Bullet Sponge

I know what you're saying. I read it a couple days ago and then promptly went and double checked the dehumidifier on the arms room.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Freethinker

Republic of Texas?

http://seekingalpha.com/user/215958/comments/symbol/tnx

"(Note - There should be no problem with the simultaneous use of other currencies, Fed money or gold included, but the ``even distribution`` of our own, debt-free fiat currency (having the least actual value and the greatest actual utility) will probably drive out the use of any other form of money before too long. Even today, anyone can use gold for transactions if they so desire. The good thing about having our own currency is that we will always know how much of it is extant, know that there won`t ever be a `shortage` (caused by hoarding) that leads to deflation, know that banks can`t print up billions of extra dollars to give to themselves (as the Fed has recently been doing), and know that we are not creating any public or private debt as we require more currency to facilitate trade.)"
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
makin' bacon

I thought you left this forum forever in shame?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Worship me

Quote:
http://seekingalpha.com/user/215958/comments/symbol/tnx

"(Note - There should be no problem with the simultaneous use of other currencies, Fed money or gold included, but the ``even distribution`` of our own, debt-free fiat currency (having the least actual value and the greatest actual utility) will probably drive out the use of any other form of money before too long. Even today, anyone can use gold for transactions if they so desire. The good thing about having our own currency is that we will always know how much of it is extant, know that there won`t ever be a `shortage` (caused by hoarding) that leads to deflation, know that banks can`t print up billions of extra dollars to give to themselves (as the Fed has recently been doing), and know that we are not creating any public or private debt as we require more currency to facilitate trade.)"

What a bunch of horseshit
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

I guess I had my hopes too high when I thought we were through with this dipshit...
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
What a bunch of horseshit
Thats from the same source the O.P. made Alpo.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM
PAN

Quote:
I liked this one better and it summarizes my take on the guy in Austin pretty well...

http://stockwidget.seekingalpha.com/...cle_sb_popular

Neato! In looking at that the middle class, even though population density has more than doubled, has LESS of the income now than it did then. Think those numbers are adjusted to compensate?

Very cool!

Laughably enough the wife is starting to listen to me and is actively researching requirements to move to Australia. I'm still looking at Fiji. But then again Brazil has smoking hot chicks so maybe I should try and plant a seed in that direction...
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post

The posts at the bottom of that article are almost better than the article itself...
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Freethinker

I think if Texas ever does decide to secede from the union and create the Republic of Texas. There will be some major debt issues. Like what percentage of the Governments debt will Texas take with it. But if banks are gonna try and keep Texans from getting their money, then how much debt would we have to take?
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 AM
PAN

Quote:
I think if Texas ever does decide to secede from the union and create the Republic of Texas. There will be some major debt issues. Like what percentage of the Governments debt will Texas take with it. But if banks are gonna try and keep Texans from getting their money, then how much debt would we have to take?

Texas is NOT responsible for their fucking up our country. It's silly to think otherwise...
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Haha silly rabbit. If Texas tries to secede from the US there will be multiple of issues of a much greater importance than trying to figure out what portion of the debt we owe.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Out

Texas will not secede. Period. No need to debate anything else on the matter. We are not that lucky.
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Haha silly rabbit. If Texas tries to secede from the US there will be multiple of issues of a much greater importance than trying to figure out what portion of the debt we owe.
Examples ??????????????????????????????????????????????? like what???
Whats more important to you than money?
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Texas will not secede. Period. No need to debate anything else on the matter. We are not that lucky.
yes sir
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 05:04 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
My family, faith, self and so on.

When anarchy starts, you're the home invader I want to track down. We'll cleanse the gene pool in short order.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post

When anarchy starts, you're the home invader I want to track down. We'll cleanse the gene pool in short order.
When anarchy starts I'll be a free man and can defend myself any way I want to from your terroristic threats. Now that you have exposed your conspiracy. Please tell us more.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Freethinker

Quote:

BTW is that how you classify people now days? I was once a burglar (almost 20 years ago) and I am classified as a home invader. So what would that make you?
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
BTW is that how you classify people now days? I was once a burglar (almost 20 years ago) and I am classified as a home invader. So what would that make you?
Hello Sean can you hear me? Perhaps I will have to turn it up!

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 AM
Out

Quote:
If you suck a cock once, you're a cocksucker for life... just sayin'

Now, you were only CAUGHT once almost 20 years ago. There is a big difference.
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
If you suck a cock once, you're a cocksucker for life... just sayin'

Would you please tell that to Majestyk? Jeez that fucker wont listen to me.

Quote:

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Out

Quote:
Would you please tell that to Majestyk? Jeez that fucker wont listen to me.
That you're a cocksucker? Why are you trying to convince him? Convict habits hard to drop?
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
That you're a cocksucker? Why are you trying to convince him? Convict habits hard to drop?
Oh Denny you know me better than anyone

Quote:

post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Lifer

maybe Marx was right in his theory that free market capitalism eventually evolves to a state where a very small percentage of people control the vast majority of a nations wealth.

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
When anarchy starts I'll be a free man and can defend myself any way I want to from your terroristic threats. Now that you have exposed your conspiracy. Please tell us more.
I think your freedom will be short lived, in this life and the next.

Quote:
Denny summed it up pretty succinctly.

Quote:
Hello Sean can you hear me? Perhaps I will have to turn it up!
Look at the time you posted, you fucking idiot. Clearly, you were on a rush from your latest home score. Those of us that work are asleep at 3:00am. Way to be a tough guy on the call out though.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Freethinker

So the fix is a redistribution of wealth?

Quote:

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Do you get a copy of talking points that you feel the need to randomly interject in an attempt to further the conversation?

I really should punch your dad in the face for not having better aim with the straightened out hanger and not using enough drano.

post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Your mommas like a screen door, the harder you slam it, the looser it gets.
Hey you finally came up with something funny. I am so proud of you!

Quote:

post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Hey you finally came up with something funny. I am so proud of you!
My quips are better than that. Plus the entertainment value of your 'thought' process is humor enough.

post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Lifer

Im assuming citibank knows somethings up! should be a fun summer....

98 Brokra
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
What is more important to me? Quite a lot. My fiance and the rest of my family being at the top of that list.

What would our other worries be if we tried to secede? There are a lot more than my pea brain can comprehend, but the biggest one being the entire United States army knocking on our door saying "Don't you want to come back?" Or maybe Mexico seeing a chance to take back some of it's land/oil?

Rock TEXAS Hard Place

Quote:
Cannonball didn't say that. That was apparently Marx's solution, be that wouldn't work. A large number of poor people are poor because they spend more than they make. Chances are that wouldn't change even if they did have more money.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
What is more important to me? Quite a lot. My fiance and the rest of my family being at the top of that list.

What would our other worries be if we tried to secede? There are a lot more than my pea brain can comprehend, but the biggest one being the entire United States army knocking on our door saying "Don't you want to come back?" Or maybe Mexico seeing a chance to take back some of it's land/oil?

Rock TEXAS Hard Place

Cannonball didn't say that. That was apparently Marx's solution, be that wouldn't work. A large number of poor people are poor because they spend more than they make. Chances are that wouldn't change even if they did have more money.
I dont think texas should try to secede. I think at the most maybe we should "renegotiate" our contract. per say. We have a lot more resources, taxes and other forms of money/energy going out then we have coming in. If we dont slow it down we are gonna get chewed up and spit out into mexico.

Quote:

post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Lifer

"It is worse then what is reported, I went to my bank Regions and wrote a check for $7500 in cash, they told me to come back tomorrow They did not have the funds on hand!"

WTF what kind of Bank doesnt have 7500 in cash to give someone who is making a partial withdraw? Thats pretty scary if you think about it.

LMAO at CITIBANKS "NOW" bs scam...haha takes 7 days to make a withdraw but they call it "NOW" how stupid do they think we are? banksters crack me up. you think thats bad try to go get a loan. before they were throwing money around like it was water now its like pulling teeth!

98 Brokra

Last edited by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~; 03-05-2010 at 11:09 AM.
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I dont think texas should try to secede. I think at the most maybe we should "renegotiate" our contract. per say. We have a lot more resources, taxes and other forms of money/energy going out then we have coming in. If we dont slow it down we are gonna get chewed up and spit out into mexico.
i think you need to not steal or your likely to lose your hands! just saying

98 Brokra
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
"It is worse then what is reported, I went to my bank Regions and wrote a check for $7500 in cash, they told me to come back tomorrow They did not have the funds on hand!"

WTF what kind of Bank doesnt have 7500 in cash to give someone who is making a partial withdraw? Thats pretty scary if you think about it.

LMAO at CITIBANKS "NOW" bs scam...haha takes 7 days to make a withdraw but they call it "NOW" how stupid do they think we are? banksters crack me up. you think thats bad try to go get a loan. before they were throwing money around like it was water now its like pulling teeth!
I got a used car loan for $15 grand at 4% the other day and all I did was a make a phone call?

I think what you meant to say is it is hard to get a loan if your credit isn't all that great. Which is the way it should be.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
i think you need to not steal or your likely to lose your hands! just saying
I think you need to quit pointing that thing at your neighbors. You'll shoot your eye out!

Quote:

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Lifer

LOL @ RedAss getting all creamed up.

What was it like, felon?
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I got a used car loan for $15 grand at 4% the other day and all I did was a make a phone call?

I think what you meant to say is it is hard to get a loan if your credit isn't all that great. Which is the way it should be.
Pretty good rate! You must be up there in the 760-850 club!

98 Brokra
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I thought you left this forum forever in shame?
ROFL!! That hit my funny bone for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That's "per se", as in Latin, you ignorant bumpkin. Don't bother trying to use phrases like that when you don't have clue how to properly use them.
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
That's "per se", as in Latin, you ignorant bumpkin. Don't bother trying to use phrases like that when you don't have clue how to properly use them.
Am I getting any better?

Quote:

post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Use some more Latin phraseology and we'll see......
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Freethinker

augustusaum aliquem excusare exacerboareaviatus

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement