Who will be involved in the next war/invasion/conflict? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Who will be involved in the next war/invasion/conflict?

Just doing some reading here, what countries do you think will be in the next war with each other? Not a little e-pussy chest bump, but one where a true invasion happens, all news channel 24-7 coverage that gets everyone's attention- who do you say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I Я Invizabul

Iran - Israel
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Iran - Israel
This.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Iran - Israel
wow, that could be intense.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFurst View Post
wow, that could be intense.
It will be.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Time Served

iran wont last a week against israel just like egypt and they were better equipped .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Lifer

its going to be Russia invading some small country that has an oil pipe line running through it. Russia is bound and determined to control all the oil flow in that part of the world going into europe.

Israel does not have the financial backing to launch or sustain a lasting ground campaign on a country so far away.

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
Israel does not have the financial backing to launch or sustain a lasting ground campaign on a country so far away.

Why would they? Israel is not like the US. Once they bomb the shit out of a country, they feel NO need whatsoever to occupy and "nation build"
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Why would they? Israel is not like the US. Once they bomb the shit out of a country, they feel NO need whatsoever to occupy and "nation build"
This^. And that they are a whole nation of soldiers. Those people have known nothing but fighting for thousands of years. I wouldn't want to fuck with them.

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Time Served

israel has no money ????? hell the Jewish population here alone would fund it. besides they wont spend much. little av gas , a few missiles and they will be done.

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Lifer

look at history, it takes money to win a war.

what is the point of attacking a country, and then returning to your own country to wait to be attacked? the threat will remain if your enemy remains in power.

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Time Served

they couldn't even take on iraq . israel will hit strategic targets and be done with it. iran will have no air force , no infrastructure , no fuel . i guess they will send their destroyer to take out israel . it will not be a war against the iranian people. it will be a war against the guard.

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
israel has no money ????? hell the Jewish population here alone would fund it. besides they wont spend much. little av gas , a few missiles and they will be done.
He always says that. He is one of the most anti-jew bitches on this site. Just smile and nod. He'll move along.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
they couldn't even take on iraq . israel will hit strategic targets and be done with it. iran will have no air force , no infrastructure , no fuel . i guess they will send their destroyer to take out israel . it will not be a war against the iranian people. it will be a war against the guard.
it took the US weeks to nock out strategic sites in Iraq. Iran is much stronger then Iraq was in 2003, and Israel has nowhere near the firepower of the US. and lets not forget the Iranians will counter attack as soon as they see the Israelis coming, they will launch their missiles at israel before the Israelis even get to Iran.

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Out

Quote:
it took the US weeks to nock out strategic sites in Iraq. Iran is much stronger then Iraq was in 2003, and Israel has nowhere near the firepower of the US. and lets not forget the Iranians will counter attack as soon as they see the Israelis coming, they will launch their missiles at israel before the Israelis even get to Iran.
Weeks? No, bro... weeks involved massive inter-theatre movement, termination of stategic targets with minimal damage to civilians or the environment and initial stand-up of enduring sites.

What Israel will do is strikes that will only last a few hours, spead across a few days. You're blinded by your hate for the Jews.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Weeks? No, bro... weeks involved massive inter-theatre movement, termination of stategic targets with minimal damage to civilians or the environment and initial stand-up of enduring sites.

What Israel will do is strikes that will only last a few hours, spead across a few days. You're blinded by your hate for the Jews.
now that last bit was just uncalled for.

no matter what type of attack israel chooses to go with, Iran will strike back with the strongest weapons in their arsenal, likely biological and chemical weapons. so after a week, israel would have taken out Iran's nuclear facilities, and Iran would have killed a million innocent people in israel with biological weapons, and thats how the week long conflict ends??? I dont think so. it has to be an all out war or nothing, a few air stikes will lead to a real war.
and here in the US gas prices will jump $10 a gallon over night

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Time Served

where do you get it that iran is so deadly ? they have no navy to speak of . they have a piss poor air force. half of their missile technology does not exist and most of the rest fails. if they fire one ballistic missile the doubt about israels weaponry will be answered. israel has the fire power to wipe iran from the map. ask egypt about them. 6 days . but iran is about to get their ass handed to them. even russia is tired of screwing with them. the rest of opec is eager to cover their oil production since iran will cease to produce oil or anything else. they will run out of fuel just like hitler did. it's not going to be a shoot out . why do you think we are in the middle east ? oil ? not likely . iran has been on this road since the fucking itoldyaso took over and the rest of the world knew where it would lead. it is just a matter of time.

you do know that israel has the best pilots on the planet don't you .

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
where do you get it that iran is so deadly ? they have no navy to speak of . they have a piss poor air force. half of their missile technology does not exist and most of the rest fails. if they fire one ballistic missile the doubt about israels weaponry will be answered. israel has the fire power to wipe iran from the map. ask egypt about them. 6 days . but iran is about to get their ass handed to them. even russia is tired of screwing with them. the rest of opec is eager to cover their oil production since iran will cease to produce oil or anything else. they will run out of fuel just like hitler did. it's not going to be a shoot out . why do you think we are in the middle east ? oil ? not likely . iran has been on this road since the fucking itoldyaso took over and the rest of the world knew where it would lead. it is just a matter of time.

you do know that israel has the best pilots on the planet don't you .
first off coming from a family that has been in aviation for several generations, I can tell you the best pilots in the world are those who can land on an aircraft carrier, israel does not have one.

why do you think Iran is so weak? and if they really are as weak as you believe then why hasnt anyone done anything about it for the last 30 years? in 2007 our own government ranked Iran as the 16th strongest military in the world, and ranks Israel at 26th strongest.
I am not suggesting Iran will win, just that it will be a long hard war

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Out

Quote:
first off coming from a family that has been in aviation for several generations, I can tell you the best pilots in the world are those who can land on an aircraft carrier, israel does not have one.

why do you think Iran is so weak? and if they really are as weak as you believe then why hasnt anyone done anything about it for the last 30 years? in 2007 our own government ranked Iran as the 16th strongest military in the world, and ranks Israel at 26th strongest.
I am not suggesting Iran will win, just that it will be a long hard war
^^That doesn't mean you know dick about aviation, sorry.

What can Iran possibly do that can get over to Israel? Anything they have can be stopped.

LMAO @ your ranking system!!! Show me that shit.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Time Served

Israeli pilots were trained here for many years. they have also landed on our carriers. our piolts are the best but they don't get anywhere near the flight time the israeli pilots do. i spent 4 years pushing birds in the navy so i know a little bit. i do know that israel will waste the iranian air force and so does iran. israel is hoping they will strike first. then it's on. no worries about civilian casualties or anything else. bomb the sob's to the stone age in a matter of days and be done with it. your watching too much cnn.

hey, i'm all for finding out. i'm sick of hearing fucking imajewhater run his mouth just like pencil dick from north korea. neither has the capabilities to smack a nats ass. they are what we call " all hat no cattle "

post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
^^That doesn't mean you know dick about aviation, sorry.

What can Iran possibly do that can get over to Israel? Anything they have can be stopped.

LMAO @ your ranking system!!! Show me that shit.
I was flying before I was driving, I think I know a little more then "dick" about aviation...

Iran has plenty of missiles that can reach Israel, it just takes one to get through.

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:

no matter what type of attack israel chooses to go with, Iran will strike back with the strongest weapons in their arsenal, likely biological and chemical weapons. so after a week, israel would have taken out Iran's nuclear facilities, and Iran would have killed a million innocent people in israel with biological weapons, and thats how the week long conflict ends??? I dont think so. it has to be an all out war or nothing, a few air stikes will lead to a real war.
So is your anti-semitism.
Israel will premeptively take out any effective weapons before the war even begins. If Iran is still wanting to go on the offensive the US will be forced to step to the assistance of Israel.

On top of that, the intangible of Israel fighting for the collective lives of it's people gives them more skin in the game.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 PM
IA2

Quote:

The answer is simple. A good deal of iran is desert. A few well placed airstirkes knocks out most of irans water supply. Anarchy ensues. Iran will be unable to mount much of an attack when people are dying due to a lack of water and sanitary living conditions.

I guess they COULD drink their oil LOL....
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Wolverines!!!

Israel doesn't have the logistical capability to sustain an invasion that far from there home. Nor does their population have the endurance to put up sustained casualties for Long term ops. Do some research into how outspoken the civilians were against there own country after they got themselves entrenched in Lebanon in the 80s. There's a very good reason they didn't hang out in Lebanon that long in 06.

Israel certainly doesn't have reservations about tangling with Iran but their strikes would be way more surgical.

My top 3 picks for the next wars are
Russia invades a smaller country in eastern Europe
Colombia kicks the shit out of Venezuela
Pakistan vs India
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Out

Quote:
I was flying before I was driving, I think I know a little more then "dick" about aviation...

Iran has plenty of missiles that can reach Israel, it just takes one to get through.
Where in your advanced "pilot's training" did you get your facts about Israeli and Iranian pilots? Sitting on Daddy's lap in the Piper doesn't count.

And one more time... show me these rankings you pulled out of your ass about military strength.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
Israel doesn't have the logistical capability to sustain an invasion that far from there home. Nor does their population have the endurance to put up sustained casualties for Long term ops. Do some research into how outspoken the civilians were against there own country after they got themselves entrenched in Lebanon in the 80s. There's a very good reason they didn't hang out in Lebanon that long in 06.

Israel certainly doesn't have reservations about tangling with Iran but their strikes would be way more surgical.

My top 3 picks for the next wars are
Russia invades a smaller country in eastern Europe
Colombia kicks the shit out of Venezuela
Pakistan vs India
Their population is mostly in defense mode, that's why. Once threatened enough, there will be no hesitation. logistics haven't been a problem before, as they won't give a rat's ass about anyone's airspace, but I'm with you... their initial strikes are not going to be through the air. Just ask the Hamas guy in Dubai (oh, wait)
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Time Served

Columbia - Venezuelan . now thats a pretty good bet. we'd back anybody wanting to thump fucking Chavez the pig. russia ???? naw dont really think so. they have too many problems with neighbors right now. without oil and gas sales they are screwed. they are more worried about us neutralizing them with the missile shield than anything else. we'll know pretty soon anyway.

post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Columbia - Venezuelan . now thats a pretty good bet. we'd back anybody wanting to thump fucking Chavez the pig. russia ???? naw dont really think so. they have too many problems with neighbors right now. without oil and gas sales they are screwed. they are more worried about us neutralizing them with the missile shield than anything else. we'll know pretty soon anyway.
We, yes. Obama, not so much.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Lifer

Id love to see Israel wipe Iran off the map, as well as Columbia take out Chavez in a covert-ops type plan.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I think Kim Il Jong is going to do something.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Time Served

israel just unveiled it's new drones. wonder why .

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:57 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I say Israel strikes in a month or less if the current Iranian regime isn't overthrown by then.

post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Where in your advanced "pilot's training" did you get your facts about Israeli and Iranian pilots? Sitting on Daddy's lap in the Piper doesn't count.

And one more time... show me these rankings you pulled out of your ass about military strength.
That number is based off www.globalfirepower.com ,but it's an old number. They have risen to the rank of 11th on that website.
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
That number is based off www.globalfirepower.com ,but it's an old number. They have risen to the rank of 11th on that website.
I'd think Turkey would be a little higher on that list.
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
in 2007 our own government ranked Iran as the 16th strongest military in the world, and ranks Israel at 26th strongest.
Looks more like Iran is 18 and Israel is 11, but (from the website):
Quote:
Things You Should Know
The user should note that nuclear capability is not taken into account. This listing is purely a "numbers game" meant to spark debate and including such game-changers as nuclear weapons would clearly defeat the purpose of such an experiment. In any case, most any nation going to war would more than likely refrain from using such destructive warfare being that since the atomic bombs dropped in 1945, no nation has utilized this form of warfare for at least 60+ years despite there being a good amount of conflicts since then and more nuclear powers at play in the world. If there is a World War 3, it will most likely still be of the conventional sort.

The comparisons here are for consideration in a "straight-up" war based solely on a nation's capabilities from land, sea and through the air with other statistics covering the logistical and financial aspects of waging such a campaign. Statistic sources and years are stated whenever possible. Some statistics may be estimated if concrete numbers are not available.
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Worship me

Iran had to resort to human wave suicide attacks in the Iran vs Iraq war.

Their air force for the past decade has been a joke. Last I heard they took delivery of some new planes from the Russians. Before that they had a bunch of F-14 Tomcats that we wouldn't sell them parts for. Israeli pilots will eat any Iranian who dares to leave the ground for lunch.

I have been saying it for years that Israel would strike Iran but they haven't done a thing. That nuclear site in Syria was destroyed but so far they have done nothing. This is a complicated situation now since the Shiites mostly have control of Iraq from what I understand.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Iran had to resort to human wave suicide attacks in the Iran vs Iraq war.

Their air force for the past decade has been a joke. Last I heard they took delivery of some new planes from the Russians. Before that they had a bunch of F-14 Tomcats that we wouldn't sell them parts for. Israeli pilots will eat any Iranian who dares to leave the ground for lunch.

I have been saying it for years that Israel would strike Iran but they haven't done a thing. That nuclear site in Syria was destroyed but so far they have done nothing. This is a complicated situation now since the Shiites mostly have control of Iraq from what I understand.
About 80% population and 95% political.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Worship me

Quote:
About 80% population and 95% political.
Exactly. So the only scenario I can see taking shape is an Israeli strike that goes around Iraq and up through the Persian Gulf. If they flew over Iraqi airspace then we would look bad for allowing them to do so. We might come out and say that we didn't approve of the air strike to appear to be dilpomatic. The Shiites in iraq would go apeshit and set off a bunch of bombs.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
first off coming from a family that has been in aviation for several generations,
I wouldn't think being related to Mohammed Atta would count as your family being "in aviation".

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I think Kim Il Jong is going to do something.
he just seems to be a blow-hard.
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Exactly. So the only scenario I can see taking shape is an Israeli strike that goes around Iraq and up through the Persian Gulf. If they flew over Iraqi airspace then we would look bad for allowing them to do so. We might come out and say that we didn't approve of the air strike to appear to be dilpomatic. The Shiites in iraq would go apeshit and set off a bunch of bombs.
They're the ones doing that anyway. Honestly, Israel has it's best chance in the wake of our departure of combat forces, when we only have minimal sustainment going on. That way, we don't/can't interfere and it is the hardest point to remobilize. We'll have shit everywhere for a while. Not that we'd put too much effort in shaking our finger in their direction
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFurst View Post
he just seems to be a blow-hard.
Yeah that's doing live fire excercises on the 39th parallel regularly now and has detonated atomic weapons. He may not have a Navy worth a damn or the ability to get troops anywhere but he does have plenty of cold war era artillery aimed at Seoul and plenty of missiles more than capable of hitting Japan.

He wants attention and isn't getting it. China would roll troops in immediately and take over the country if he went nuts but the damage would already be done.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Yeah that's doing live fire excercises on the 39th parallel regularly now and has detonated atomic weapons. He may not have a Navy worth a damn or the ability to get troops anywhere but he does have plenty of cold war era artillery aimed at Seoul and plenty of missiles more than capable of hitting Japan.

He wants attention and isn't getting it. China would roll troops in immediately and take over the country if he went nuts but the damage would already be done.
Link? I missed this one.
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Link? I missed this one.
The botched explosion about 3 years ago.

I completely missed this in the news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...a-nuclear-test

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Out

Thanks G!
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Time Served

i dont think he wants to screw with japan. they would bust his ass fast if he did that. he does this shit every time he runs out of money . maybe his worthless ass will die soon. his kid will probably be just as bad.

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Link? I missed this one.
What about the underground nuclear detonation a few months back?

That was ALL over the news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement