LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Obama Tried Bribing Arlen Specter’s Opponent

Obama Tried Bribing Arlen Specter’s Opponent

* View
* Discussion

Last Updated: Fri, 02/19/2010 - 2:45pm

In a major political scandal orchestrated by the Obama Administration, a popular Democratic congressman from Pennsylvania has revealed that the White House tried bribing him to drop out of the upcoming U.S. Senate race.

Congressman Joe Sestak said in a television news show that the White House offered him a top federal job in an effort to keep him from challenging Senator Arlen Specter in the state’s Democratic primary. A five-term incumbent, Specter switched from Republican to Democrat last spring after giving Obama the critical vote for his disastrous and fraud-infested $787 billion stimulus program.

The president clearly wants to return the favor by helping the controversial lawmaker keep his job. In fact, Obama endorsed Specter at the White House and has raised money for the 80-year-old lawmaker. Besides the president, many top Democratic leaders have also tried to dissuade Sestak, a retired Navy admiral, from challenging Specter.

However, attempting to bribe a legislator with a “high-ranking” federal job is deplorable and downright unethical to say the least. Obviously this is why the president and his White House staff are enraged that Sestak disclosed the unscrupulous backdoor offer to keep him out of the upcoming Democratic primary.

Before Specter bailed on Republicans Obama assured the contentious lawmaker he’d do everything in his power to help him win reelection if he switched parties. The White House assured Specter there was no Democrat in a position to make a realistic challenge against him and that he had the “full backing” of the president, which includes campaigning and fundraising by the commander-in-chief.

That plan evidently blew up in Obama’s face so he resorted to bribery. Not only does Specter face stiff competition from Sestak in the Democratic primary, the Republican (former Congressman Pat Toomey) expected to make the general election leads both Specter and Sestak in head-to-head match-ups by about ten points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Oh.... AH-OH!

This is good....
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Out

The AC can get away with anything... just sayin'.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Lifer

I didn't see the source of the story or what news channel it aired on. Do you have the sources before I get my hopes up?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I didn't see the source of the story or what news channel it aired on. Do you have the sources before I get my hopes up?
Not the exact link, but says the same thing...

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ter-s-opponent

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

More links:

Philadelphia Inquirer
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/84835732.html

LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3364545.story

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Lifer

thats washington politics for ya.

bribes/payoffs and cover ups.

RON PAUL '08
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I bet Obama comes out clean on this one too. That man is teflon
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Lifer

bribery? by the pres.?

if i pulled that shit it would land me in JAIL!

what a double standard.

RON PAUL '08
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Lifer

Is anyone actually surprised by this? There's a huge set of rules for us "useless eaters" and zero rules for the elite.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Lifer

How often does this happen that we never even hear about? Congress has become a cartoon full of bad comedy.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Is anyone actually surprised by this? There's a huge set of rules for us "useless eaters" and zero rules for the elite.
Thus, the reason for the Austin airplane incident. Nothing logical can be done to fix it. That only leaves radical solutions.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
Thus, the reason for the Austin airplane incident. Nothing logical can be done to fix it. That only leaves radical solutions.
Oh come the fuck on with that bullshit. If your idea for "Radical solutions" is committing suicide and trying to kill your family and other innocents, just go ahead and lock and load and take yourself out. I won't miss ya.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Radical solution? That implies that what that man did was a "solution" of any type. A radical solution would be storming Capitol Hill with a militia of 10,000 armed citizens; what that man did in Austin was nothing more than a cowardly, moronic and selfish cry for attention.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I agree with the nothing logical comment, but radical solutions aren't going to get us anywhere, except in a more locked down police state. I think we will be seeing a lot more instances of people just fed up with the bullshit. When avenues that are the proper course of action to oppose something are blocked, people are going to do stuff like Joe Stack did. When people can't win the good fight legitimately, they will resort to outrageous acts.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Thanks for the multiple links guys. Just when you think this administration cannot get any more corrupt, something like this happens.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Time Served

pay your damn taxes . he was a shithead that didn't take care of business but wants to blame it on everybody else. what he did was as bad as a suicide bomber in iraq . fuck him and may he burn in hell. there were just people working for a living in that building. to even hint that he was justified in doing this makes you look like a fucking moron. he was a sorry excuse for a man and a murderer . period .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
pay your damn taxes . he was a shithead that didn't take care of business but wants to blame it on everybody else. what he did was as bad as a suicide bomber in iraq . fuck him and may he burn in hell. there were just people working for a living in that building. to even hint that he was justified in doing this makes you look like a fucking moron. he was a sorry excuse for a man and a murderer . period .
I think you clicked on the wrong thread dude, unless you mean Obama or Arlen Specter. If so, carry on with your bad self!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement