I've had it - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I've had it

I'm finally tired of all this BS. I'm going to run for President. I even did a facebook page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

link?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I have no idea how to access it. Type in Batchelor for President and it should pop up. I just remembered I have to be 35 to run, but this will be good to get my name out there

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Can I be some kind of a czar in your administration?

I'm not leaving east Texas, so some accommodations may be necessary.
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Nope, no Czars. Very limited government, limited to 18 powers and I want the Congress' pay to be the average of their constituents
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Nope, no Czars. Very limited government, limited to 18 powers and I want the Congress' pay to be the average of their constituents
How's a brutha supposed to make a career out of being a politician like that?
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Time Served

So...you want to run for president. All you have is a facebook page which you don't know the link and you're not old enough. You're off to a great start.

post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 PM
FIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larius View Post
So...you want to run for president. All you have is a facebook page which you don't know the link and you're not old enough. You're off to a great start.
Always got to be an asshole in the crowd.

'97 Cobra, 4R70W by Mike's trick shift, ect, ect.
'90 GT 5 speed, 5 lug swap, stock weekend cruiser for now.
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
You got my vote

post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Yep, don't know how to work facebook. If someone would be kind enough to let me know, I'll be happy to post it. I think this is it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...6974112&ref=ts

I can solve the deficit, I posted my international policies and view on welfare and some other things I was thinking about while I was making it.
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Yep. That's all I got. That and a dream to get the country back where it should be, with the people in office, not people with trust funds and no one named Kennedy.
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Joined.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Thanks. I may not be old enough to run this go around, but maybe if I get enough people, the politicians will see what I stand for, see the support and start moving back to our founding documents
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Time Served

From reading this forum, the news, and other odds and ends, I can definitely say a lot of people have had it.

I will support your candidacy based on your brief ideas so far. I am all for less government and reduction of Congressional benefits. They need to be subject to the very laws they intend to pass for Social Security, healthcare, etc.

NO MORE CZARS. If I wanted a Czar, then I'd move to late 1800s Russia.
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I wonder if I can force them to live under the same rules they force others to live with an executive order
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Out

First off, you're going to need to get your objectives/stances out there to everyone as early as possible. Don't beat around the bush (no pun intended). The people will respect and appreciate a short/immediate answer... something that they've never had before. I predict a candidate or two coming soon that hasn't been "cultured" in the traditional political lifestyle to make some big waves in the near future, I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm a little too "intense" for "We the People" to accept. I can only sit back and hope for someone to come around.

I'll try to list my priorities respectively:
1. The Economy- Until recently, the economy hasn't been #1, but since our government has put additional loads into this problem, the issue itself is elevated. We're on course to becoming the world's next third-worl nation. Stimulating the economy is just a scam that has been used to bail out large financial institutions, big corporations and create temporary jobs (at best). This is where our government has overstepped its boundries. It is NOT their job to coordinate money flow to boost our economy. It is "We the People's" job to correct the problem by changing lifestyle. It is our government's job to create and uphold laws preventing those financial institutions and corporations (such as the ones bailed out) to operate with unlawful policies. But all of it still comes back to us. Just because you can get funding to buy something, doesn't mean you can afford it. Control yourself. The government's spending should also follow those plans. Lastly, we need to stop borrowing from other countries, especially countries that are potential threats (What is our government thinking?!?!).

2. War on Terror- Want it proactively continued, but with better strategy and management. Getting the majority to accept our threat and treat it accordingly will boost everyone's awareness and proactivity. The problem will lessen when you have more people looking to "play their part" in it.

3. Border Security- The weakest plate on our protective vest and it seems as if no one cares, from a political stand point. The ones that do make it an issue seem to be more tolerant with having such a large amount of illegals living in our country (mostly looking for their support). We can solve many issues with a strong offensive on our borders and aggressive deportation efforts. We're talking about concerns involving terrorism, economy, social care, taxes and crime... which leads to immigration.

3a. Immigration- Policies are there for a reason, let's fucking them! I am all for anyone wanting to become a citizen of the United States, but unless that person is willing to go through our process 100%, then there is no place for them here. They are nothing more than criminals, walking among us, utilizing our resources.

4. Taxes- I think there is a certain amount that people can be taxed that isn't too much AND can allow a limited governing body to fully operate. I just feel that our money isn't managed to its optimum potential. We can do a lot more with what we contribute, (ie: stop overpaying just because it's a government contract or bid, end all bullshit programs/research that mean nothing to anyone, etc.).

5. Abortion- De-legalizing murder is always in my top 5. Under certain circumstances involving a pregnancy that will threaten the mother or the baby's life or health must be an option. Also a pregnancy resulting from an illegal act (rape, incest, etc.) would warrant an option as well. Abortion is NOT a form of birth control.

6. Energy- We're our own enemy on this one. The only way we'll win that battle over energy costs is when we start showing more self-control. Oh ya, and shove our foot up OPEC's ass. They should not dictate crap. We're a LARGE customer to whoever we buy from. We need to demand what we pay and wait for our buyer. In the mean time, we can open up our own resources some more and with the money saved, fund research that can advance more efficient means of energy.

7. Gun Rights- Just got to make the playing field even to those who DON'T abide by our laws. I believe that any law that restricts a citizen's right to bare arms is illegal itself. I do believe that a criminal background automatically revokes a person's right because it is in the best interest of society's security. I have this lower because this really souldn't even be an issue. What part of "Shall not be infringed" do people NOT understand?

8. Foreign aid- I've always felt we've given more than we receive, which is OK and sooo not the point of it, but when we go out of our way and do without just to please others to a point where it can cripple us, I've got a problem with that. I also have a problem with aiding countries who don't support us and are even threats to us.

9. Healthcare- Ehhh... I support my family. This means I also provide a way to cover any of their expenses medically. I think anyone other than that mindset is weak and not worthy to be called a family supporter. I do think that most rates are too high, but I blame illegal aliens, lobbyists, media hype, and money-hungry insurance companies/pharmesutical companies for that. Stricter accountability for all those people NEEDS to be addressed. As for any kind of National Healthcare, I'd be for it IF it was managed properly AND it only involved children and elderly... ALL CHILDREN AND ELDERLY! I think it should be our nation's responsibility to take care of them. I believe that there is no plan out there, currently, that can take this role on because they're all money-making schemes without the people in question as the priority. The children have a right to be taken care of because they are not yet responsible for themselves. I think the elderly along those same lines. Active and retired military (with their dependants) also fall into this category. Legally disabled people that can not take care of themselves deserve to be care for. This too is low on the list because the government has already made this out to be more than what it should be.

10. Other misc. Social Programs (ie: welfare)- Very limited and should be EARNED. I believe that these resources can be distributed to qualifying candidates with some sort of "payback." There is always odd tasks that can be done to better our society. I think that the governmental institutions that approve and distrribute these funds should also issue taskings for people to complete. I don't care if it's picking up trash in a park or sweeping the floor of a VA hospital, contributions to payback to society is a MUST!

11. Environment- I'm all for any efforts to clean up our world and make it a better place, but don't feed me that "the world's got 2 degrees hotter in the last 10 years and it's all our fault" bullshit because I'm not having it!

My priorities start with the big three:
God
Country
Family

Once these objectives are obtained, we can start, once again, becoming a proud nation (please refer to America during and after WWII). We have more potential than any other nation presently AND before us to create a sustaining, utopia. Granted, we have a LONG way to go, but that's beside the point.

One of the first priorities for me is to set the mood for our society. I would write an open letter to the United States, calling for immediate action. It would go a little something like this:

Do you ever look back at people's warnings and give your best hind-sight critique? A quote from James Bryce got me thinking of it. He said this during the time when the Western Frontier of America was still a mystery and we were plowing (literally) our way west, further and further each day. In doing so, we were destroying America (as we've never experienced it) in the process.

Quote:
Gentlemen, why in heaven’s name this haste? You have time enough. Ages and ages lie before you. Why sacrifice the present to the future, fancying that you will be happier when your fields teem with wealth and your cities with people? In Europe we have cities wealthier and more populous than yours, and we are not happy. You dream of your posterity; but your posterity will look back to yours as the golden age, and envy those who first burst into this silent, splendid nature, who first lifted up their axes upon these tall trees, and lined these waters with busy wharves. Why, then, seek to complete in a few decades what the other nations of the world took thousands of years over in the older continents? Why, in your hurry to subdue and utilize nature, squander her splendid gifts? Why hasten the advent of that threatening day when the vacant spaces of the continent shall all have been filled, and the poverty or discontent of the older States shall find no outlet? You have opportunities such as mankind has never had before, and may never have again. Your work is great and noble; it is done for a future longer and vaster than our conceptions can embrace. Why not make its outlines and beginnings worthy of these destinies, the thought of which gilds your hopes and elevates your purposes?
-Lord James Bryce

The original "young bull, old bull" story. (hahaha)

Anyway, do you think our haste and anxiousness helped or hurt us in the long run? It was obviously great for the short term, as our first 200 years were rockin' and rollin'. I'm just wondering it if was our haste that eventually led to our current national situation. The "too much, too fast" attitude made us over shoot some of our basic goals that we either should have achieved or maintained if we already had them. Would we be so quick to outsource virtually everything for a quick buck on lower costs of production and services? Would our priorities lies more on our integrity and morals rather than having more "stuff" than the next guy?

This is an open letter to the men of the United States of America. Everyone is, of course, welcomed to read it as the men who are being addressed in the letter will need full support and encouragement for this major reconstruction project of our society to be effective.

We are experiencing interesting times in both politically and socially. I’m not talking about just in our country, but globally as well. Everything that happens in America affects the rest of the world. Everything that happens in our households affects America. Our actions/inactions, decisions, lifestyles and postures affect our households. The bottom line I am getting at is that we, the men of America are the root cause of EVERYTHING that is happening (both good and bad) in our world today. We are our children’s’ role models; heads of our households; leaders of the workplace; and the largest influence on our society. I am not trying to be sexist, as much as that sounds. This is nothing more than a fact that can no longer be ignored. Recognizing the source is the first step in addressing any issues that need attention (and there are many).

Much of what I’m going to say in this letter will offend many and frankly, I don’t care. If this offends you, maybe you need to take a step back and reflect on your life a little. Hopefully, this will offend enough for them to take action about it. Our role in society is just as strong as it has ever been. Unfortunately, our demeanor has sent out a massive ripple effect that has sent our country plunging into the toilet and heading to be one of the largest third-world countries ever- definitely the latest fallen empire.

Gentlemen (yes, I still have enough hope in us to still call us that), we need to light the fires under our own asses. We need to fix ourselves before we look for ways to fix anyone else. We set the standards for the way the rest of us live. When was the last time you dropped everything you had to assist a woman loading her groceries into her car, just a few parking spaces down from you? When was the last time you’ve been late for work because you had to help an elderly person trying to replace a flat tire on the side of the road? When was the last time you challenged a teen-ager for being disrespectful to an adult? When was the last time you went out of your way to show your wife or children that they’re more important to you than you are? Chivalry is NOT dead; it’s just lacking. How are we going to receive the respect that we have held in the past if we don’t earn it?!?!

If you don’t know what I’m talking about yet, then more help than this letter is necessary to put yourself into motion. If that is the case, utilize your resources around you. Take a day off of work and do some research. Some of your sources could be teachers, police/fire personnel, pastors, community volunteers… they’re just about everywhere. Start with an attitude that there IS a problem and change is necessary.

Demand more of yourself! Don’t be afraid to make a mistake, but be sure to share your failures with others so that we can all learn from them. Take time with children and apprentices to explain what you are doing and why you are doing something. Share your knowledge. Don’t use what you know to make yourself feel more secure. You will find out very quickly that helping others grow and develop elevates you to a level never achieved alone. Don’t allow pride to stand in the way of needed and available help. We are a resourceful people and we need to utilize our resources any chance we get. This will also allow others to share in the pleasures of victories and compassion/aid in times of failure. Failing with those we love and trust is more rewarding than a victory with no one to celebrate it with. There is ALWAYS a greater cause. Once we get passed our greed to solely succeed and this pompous attitude that “number one” is only one person, our successes will multiply, our causes will be greater and pride will be a shared trait. I can promise that.

Demand more of your children! When we take the time to devote the development, growth, health and education of our children; they will grow to be better people than we are. Parenting should be the easiest job in the world if your children come before you. I know you have heard this many times before, but the children are our future. If you are so busy with looking ahead, then you need to look down to the little ones. Children want nothing more than to learn. It’s their natural instinct. Whether you are taking that time to make sure it is what they need to learn or not, their little minds are working overtime to process anything and everything they can. Make sure it is positive and beneficial to them. Don’t hide embarrassing personal life lessons or failures. Set goals with them and push them in positive ways to succeed. Request their support and ask for their input. When you point out a problem to them, follow up with possible solutions. Corrective actions are greater than disciplinary actions, but never rule both out. These actions should also resonate to other children within your community; especially the ones without father figures or fathers that cannot provide these services. Don’t be afraid of stupid legalities to treat another child as your own when needed. Any REAL parent or guardian will support and welcome reasonable, constructive attention to their children.

Demand more (or less) of your government! What in God’s mane has happened to the government of the greatest nation in the history of the world?!?! Since when did the management of our services/resources turn into lawmaking and micro-managing the citizens? The government has, for years, overstepped its boundaries and grown far too large. We don’t need new laws; all of our laws, rights and liberties were created with the beginning of our Nation. Leave them alone! Adapt our circumstances of today to the law associated with it, NOT the other way around. Conservativism is a great foundation for making sound, moral decisions. Liberalism is a great way of being “my brothers’ keeper.” Please stop using both to control how we live. “We the People” manage the United States. The government just carries out “We the People’s” orders. Why aren’t campaigns for office anything more than “We the People” telling the candidate what we want accomplished, rather than the candidates standing up and lying about what they have to offer or intend to do?

All of this isn’t rocket science and it sure isn’t asking too much of us. In fact, there was a time when we were very close to what I can see is achievable for us. Even though I wasn’t around yet, look back a few years:

During WWII, America did something that only America could do. It unified. Not like before and certainly not like now, but in a utopian sense. We had just about every male of age in a uniform, fighting an immediate threat. Every woman gladly stayed in the home front, rolling up her sleeves, building/ assembling the utensils needed for our men to complete their mission in a safe/effective manner. Women and elderly became the new teachers of our children. They taught that their father and brothers were serving a greater cause to ensure their safety and well-being. All our waste was divided up to use what we could to recycle for out troops' needs. Children would skip school to see who could collect the most "resources" for our military. Families went without eating the foods they wanted and went down to rationing so that everyone was sure to get something. War bonds were bought with money from the poor who really didn't have the money to spare. Posters and signs lined all the walls, supporting our cause.

You want to know the best part? NO COMPLAINTS!!!!! No one bitch about if we should be there or not. No one bitched that it was taking a long time. No one bitched, saying, "Why isn't Hitler's head on a platter?" No one bitched about having to make personal sacrifices.

During that time in history, there wasn't a force in the WORLD that could stand up against America. That was our peak. Our greatest failure is not using our best resource (history). Imagine where we could be today. Our answers are right there. Do you think this "war on terror" would have even lasted a year? Well, maybe so since this enemy is more of a state of being than a specific people or nation, but it sure would have more support and most likely be at a different stage than it is today. I do know with attitudes like the ones displayed back then, we wouldn’t be in such a financial crisis like we are today. Pride in our people’s services and work would place us in less dependence (if any) on foreign aid, money, labor, products and natural resources. I know that the rich banking systems wouldn’t take advantage of people that want to do nothing more than to live the American Dream. The terms “Financial Institution” and “Integrity” would be synonymous. Giving aid to people less fortunate would be a contest kept on a score card (as witnessed with the recent Haiti disaster).

Last, but certainly not least; stop looking to Washington to solve our problems. They are nothing more than a catalyst to our current issues, compounding them to an irreversible point.

Volunteer, lead, recycle, teach, serve, care, learn… these are all actions that we need to consistently be performing to better our lives, thus bettering the lives around us.

I know there are several ways that would be better to say, easier to understand, more thorough, etc. to get this message across, but this is what I’ve come up with and now it is out there for everyone to see and take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone of higher intellect can grab this and massage the rough edges away to be more formally deliverable without hacking away its meaning or intent. Once you read this, though, great responsibility is now in your court for you to take action.
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 AM
PAN

You've now got 22 of us behind you!
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Lifer

23 now. You have my vote.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:17 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
You fuckin' Commie

Quote:
Might as well, can't be any worse than the last two Bozos. You'll probably get elected and forget all your promises anyways

I'm number 24. I have fiddy cents for a political donation, where do I send it

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
I'm finally tired of all this BS. I'm going to run for President. I even did a facebook page
Now if we can just get you millions upon millions of dollars to do a campaign, you will have a shot at winning. Well I'll vote for you. But get the money. If we spend it all on massive advertising of you, you will become a big name in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 AM
reppin tha westside

#27 here.

you have a vp in mind?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Add another supporter to your list brother.

And Denny for VP!
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot

Just joined, you got my vote.

-Eric

Official Adrenaline Donor
1971 Chevy C-10 LWB - 350/350 with some fun parts.
1999 GMC 2500 LWB

"Why do they call this route the 'Widowmaker'?"
"I'm not sure, maybe route 'Oh God we're all going to die' was taken..."
post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Add another supporter to your list brother.

And Denny for VP!
LOL Thanks, but I'd probably take votes away with my "tact." America sin't ready for me. Although, I will be 35 during the next election.
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
I just remembered I have to be 35 to run.

You also have to be born in the US, but that didnt stop this president.
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
insert something aqui

you start talking about legalizing messicans and you got my vote.

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!
post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
you start talking about legalizing messicans and you got my vote.
I'm all for the ones that go through the proper process already in place. That is one of the many things that makes this country great. As for the criminals here illegally, not gonna happen. I'd rather go through a public election and lose 99% to 1% than to sway from any of my objectives.
post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
You also have to be born in the US, but that didnt stop this president.
Zing!!!
post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
T-MINUS

I signed up. Just give me a high paying cabinet post.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

There won't be many cabinet or department heads. ATF, Department of Energy, Department of Education, EPA are first on the chopping block. I did a quick run through of my policies as I thought about them. I had a head injury, my answers have to be short and to the point.
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Out

Quote:
There won't be many cabinet or department heads. ATF, Department of Energy, Department of Education, EPA are first on the chopping block. I did a quick run through of my policies as I thought about them. I had a head injury, my answers have to be short and to the point.
LOL... that post is about as short as I can get a whole agenda in.I would think that anything more is filling spaces with bull shit. Anything less is not hitting every important point.
post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post

5. Abortion- De-legalizing murder is always in my top 5. Under certain circumstances involving a pregnancy that will threaten the mother or the baby's life or health must be an option. Also a pregnancy resulting from an illegal act (rape, incest, etc.) would warrant an option as well. Abortion is NOT a form of birth control.
Well put. I think so far we are going at the abortion issue the wrong way though.

IMO the best way to solve the abortion problem is for the law to define when "life" begins. Abortion before that is ok, anything after that is murder. IMO the government should not go at it from the angle of "taking away the option of abortion", they should come at it from the angle of "protecting life" which in all reality is the goal, right?

If you are protecting life instead of getting rid of abortion you can:
1. Save babies from being killed
2. Save mothers from dying during childbirth
3. You remove the "taking away my choice" argument or pro-choicers
4. Do all of this while not allowing the Government to impose personal morals on a group of people that don't want it.

IMO this is the most obvious way to go about a solution. Define when life begins. That is no simple task, and I would guess that it would end up at "when a heartbeat is detected". It is the same sign we use to determine death, I think it would be sufficient to determine life. From my quick Google this can happen anywhere from 21 days to 5 weeks into the pregnancy, either way that does not give a huge window for abortion, which I think is a good thing.

(In my personal opinion and in my own life it is wrong from day one, but if I were running for President this is the solution I would suggest. I think it is in the best interest of limited government control to make sure we do not allow the Gov. to just say "no abortions" without any reason beyond their own personal moral one. My solution gives a legal reason.)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Well put. I think so far we are going at the abortion issue the wrong way though.

IMO the best way to solve the abortion problem is for the law to define when "life" begins. Abortion before that is ok, anything after that is murder. IMO the government should not go at it from the angle of "taking away the option of abortion", they should come at it from the angle of "protecting life" which in all reality is the goal, right?

4. Do all of this while not allowing the Government to impose personal morals on a group of people that don't want it.

IMO this is the most obvious way to go about a solution. Define when life begins. That is no simple task, and I would guess that it would end up at "when a heartbeat is detected". It is the same sign we use to determine death, I think it would be sufficient to determine life. From my quick Google this can happen anywhere from 21 days to 5 weeks into the pregnancy, either way that does not give a huge window for abortion, which I think is a good thing.

(In my personal opinion and in my own life it is wrong from day one, but if I were running for President this is the solution I would suggest. I think it is in the best interest of limited government control to make sure we do not allow the Gov. to just say "no abortions" without any reason beyond their own personal moral one. My solution gives a legal reason.)
Right. It's not the perfect approach, but it's the best way we can tackle the issue.
post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post

The State of Texas already defines conception as the point where life begins.

post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
The State of Texas already defines conception as the point where life begins.
I though some States might have already done that, but I am looking more towards the Federal level. I am not positive if constitutionally the Federal Gov has the power to rule on that though.

Do you happen to know where Texas defines it as conception?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Out

We definately need it on the Federal level.
post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I think abortion isn't covered in the Constitution and is a states rights issue. When I say limited government, I mean it.
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think abortion isn't covered in the Constitution and is a states rights issue. When I say limited government, I mean it.
But I'm not talking about abortion...I'm talking about defining when life starts. That is my entire point. I am not suggesting we rule on "abortion", which I would agree is more of a states rights issue because it is not enumerated to the Federal Gov, I am talking about ruling on when life begins.

I get your point and I totally agree with the spirit of it. If the Constitution does delegate the task of defining when life begins to the Federal Government then it should be handled by each individual state. I just think it needs to be ruled upon at some level.

After a quick look at the Constitution I do not see that the Federal Government was given that power, so I guess Pro-Life/abortion doesn't apply to your stances. (Except to mention that they are not within the federal gov's power.)

Edit - Joined also.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com

Last edited by slow06; 02-17-2010 at 03:56 PM.
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
BANNED

I'd never vote for a member of DFWSTANGS as president lmao.
post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

It's not up to the federal government when life starts either. What IS up to the federal government?

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;—And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

The last one means "To make any laws we need to do the other 17 obligations."
post #41 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Lifer

If you're serious, associating yourself with this forum already lost you the election.

post #42 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

If I don't get elected because of being part of dfwstangs and Obama gets elected despite his terrorist associations, something's seriously wrong
post #43 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Lifer

I don' t mean being part of the website. Of those 2500 posts you have, surely you've posted something incriminating or offensive enough to warrant it being used against you.

There's a reason we youngsters disable our facebook/myspace accounts when looking for jobs.

post #44 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I don' t mean being part of the website. Of those 2500 posts you have, surely you've posted something incriminating or offensive enough to warrant it being used against you.

There's a reason we youngsters disable our facebook/myspace accounts when looking for jobs.
Here is a novel concept, admit to being human and screwing up. I can promise you that if more politicians did just that, they would spend a lot less time trying to cover up things from their past that in reality everyone does.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #45 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Here is a novel concept, admit to being human and screwing up. I can promise you that if more politicians did just that, they would spend a lot less time trying to cover up things from their past that in reality everyone does.
He can say anything he wants but it won't change how he's perceived by his peers or supporters. "Perception is reality."

And people are tired of hearing politicians apologize for their actions or skeletons in their closet.

post #46 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Lifer

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...23#post5887923
Quote:
I worked CS for Capital one, as an account manager. Things were usually cool until this one fucker told me "You're dismissed, fuck you." Then I called him back and threatened to fly to his house and kill him and his family.
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...92#post5875692
Quote:
Yes, it's pretty fucked up. As most around here know, I have some severe mental disorders. And to do it on my laptop....with me there sitting beside her....Ballsy
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...50#post5875650
Quote:
I got my engagement ring back from my ex. Took putting the 500 between her eyes and smiling while explaining what a .50 caliber round would do at point blank range, but I got mine back.
Yikes.

post #47 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
T-MINUS

Which is why you never apologize. "you bet I fucked her! I superman'd that colored ho'!"

post #48 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Hahahaha!

post #49 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Out

Quote:
It's not up to the federal government when life starts either. What IS up to the federal government?

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;—And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

The last one means "To make any laws we need to do the other 17 obligations."
That's all fine and dandy. I am for a limited government more than anyone... trust me. My problem is that abortion, IS infringing on an American's civil rights. The baby's rights. That is why life needs to be defined. See where I'm going with this?
post #50 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Most people knew Ron Paul and Harry Browne didn't stand a chance when they ran but their ideas were out there and influenced elections. Every little bit counts, win or lose.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement