Feds push for tracking cell phones - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Feds push for tracking cell phones

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10451518...torsPicksArea.0

In that case, the Obama administration has argued that warrantless tracking is permitted because Americans enjoy no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in their--or at least their cell phones'--whereabouts. U.S. Department of Justice lawyers say that "a customer's Fourth Amendment rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government its own records" that show where a mobile device placed and received calls.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
PAN

We need a fucking revolution in this country to stop this bullshit now.

"They have no rights. If we want to know where their tennis shoes are, we should be able to"...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Lifer

this was a bad idea under bush and a bad idea under obama.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Lifer

If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I miss Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post

"They have no rights. If we want to know where their tennis shoes are, we should be able to"...
Start one then. If everyone sits behind a computer, and hammers out how we need to start a revolution, nothing will happen. People need to be up in fucking arms.

I'm a little tied down myself at the moment.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Big Rooster Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.
x2

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Lifer

if you no longer need a warrant to tap someone's phone then anyone can do it. the media can tap the government, people can tap their employers, businesses can tap their competitors, and criminals can tap the police.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
Start one then. If everyone sits behind a computer, and hammers out how we need to start a revolution, nothing will happen. People need to be up in fucking arms.

I'm a little tied down myself at the moment.
The last time we had a good revolution, you didn't have TVs on in every room telling the masses that anyone who sees violence against the government as a means to a solution is a crazy radical criminal and should be locked up immediately. Makes for an interesting x-factor.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
The last time we had a good revolution, you didn't have TVs on in every room telling the masses that anyone who sees violence against the government as a means to a solution is a crazy radical criminal and should be locked up immediately. Makes for an interesting x-factor.
Shut off directv and the internets. Shit will fucking roll up hill then!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post

Lmao. Not sure if are one of the dumbasses that claimed the PA was great and works, if you are then why are you upset? This is only the start of the government's push into controling the lives of all of us. Freedom we barely knew you.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Lifer

all the more reason to change politicians and do a group buy in ammo and rope.

RON PAUL '08
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
all the more reason to change politicians and do a group buy in ammo and rope.

Don't waste your money on a new rope. They are not worth the price. Besides they would just bitch anyway.

Group buy?

I do group buy, I buy in groups of 1000.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Lifer

lol sho right.

RON PAUL '08
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Lifer

another piece of the constitution slowly being erased. i feel so sorry for those kids that are 5-10 yrs old now. I cannot imagine what there lives will be like in 15-20 yrs after these fucking clowns have destroyed the constitution.

98 Brokra
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ View Post
another piece of the constitution slowly being erased. i feel so sorry for those kids that are 5-10 yrs old now. I cannot imagine what there lives will be like in 15-20 yrs after these fucking clowns have destroyed the constitution.
Watch the movie 1984 that's what life will be like. Not so far in the future a person will be considered a Genius who can say their name, and tie their shoes. They don't want smart individuals who can think for themselves, they want sheep that don't question anything, and do what they are told.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Watch the movie 1984 that's what life will be like. Not so far in the future a person will be considered a Genius who can say their name, and tie their shoes. They don't want smart individuals who can think for themselves, they want sheep that don't question anything, and do what they are told.
I'm curious, are you familiar with a man named Jello Biafra?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I'm curious, are you familiar with a man named Jello Biafra?
No, I have never heard of him. Is he someone I should look up for some reason?

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Lifer

Just another damn liberal.

Eric Reed Boucher (born June 17, 1958), more widely known by the stage name Jello Biafra, is an American musician, spoken word artist and leading figure of the Green Party. Biafra first gained attention as the lead singer and songwriter for San Francisco punk rock band Dead Kennedys. After his time with the band concluded, he took over the influential independent record label Alternative Tentacles, founded in 1979 by him and Dead Kennedys bandmate East Bay Ray. Although now primarily focused on spoken word art, he has continued as a musician in numerous collaborations.

Politically, Jello is a member of the Green Party[1] and actively supports leftist political causes. Biafra ran for the party's Presidential nomination in 2000, finishing second to Ralph Nader.[2] He is a self-identified anarchist[1] who advocates civil disobedience, direct action, culture jamming, and pranksterism in the name of political causes. Biafra is known to use absurdist media tactics in the tradition of the Yippies to highlight issues of civil rights, social justice, economic populism, boosterism, anti-corporatism, peace movements, anti-consumerism, environmentalism, anti-globalization, universal health care, LGBT rights, anti-capitalism, abortion access, feminism, and the separation of church and state.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement