Token Troll

Is that from the 30"+ they just had?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
BANNED

Must have been taken 50 yrs ago when the average temperature was 5 degrees colder.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Yup. Froze it clean over... and they are ice skating on it.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Lifer

No no no, now they are calling it "Climate Change." They are modifying the fake ass shit.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Yes, Christmas in February....

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Lifer

A yo, al gore FUCK YOU!

im thinking about a nice texas sized oak tree and big ass rope.

RON PAUL '08
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKiller View Post
Yes, Christmas in February....
It's Washington. I figured they're lazier than you taking down the decorations. :P

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Lifer

Wow now they can actually have a valid excuse to do nothing in Washington.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Lifer

lol

One sample is definitely an accurate gauge of proof for the rest of the world, right?

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Some dicklicker on MSNBC was saying that this is proof of global warming. It's a hot summer? Global warming! A cooler summer? Global warming! A frigid winter? Global warming! A mild winter? Global warming!

I swear some of these fucking idiots need to be shot in the face, with a shotgun, repeatedly.

post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Some dicklicker on MSNBC was saying that this is proof of global warming. It's a hot summer? Global warming! A cooler summer? Global warming! A frigid winter? Global warming! A mild winter? Global warming!

I swear some of these fucking idiots need to be shot in the face, with a shotgun, repeatedly.

MSNBC, there's your first flaw.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
MSNBC, there's your first flaw.
Ain't my flaw, brah. I don't watch that network, silly lass.

post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ain't my flaw, brah. I don't watch that network, silly lass.
I meant, "THE" flaw. My bad.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
lol

One sample is definitely an accurate gauge of proof for the rest of the world, right?
Why not? The climate change idiots have used that method for years now.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Token Troll

Quote:

And along those lines...

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...962294,00.html
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10042...ationworld.xml

We've just had a mild summer for our area and now having a harder winter... hmmm...

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Why not? The climate change idiots have used that method for years now.
I haven't really read much into it but I thought they always talked about the average global temperature increasing? That doesn't sound like a small sample.

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
I haven't really read much into it but I thought they always talked about the average global temperature increasing? That doesn't sound like a small sample.
Dr manns hockey stick graph was based off the data of cross sections of 3 THREE different trees.

Nope not small

Small would have been 2.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Worship me

Quote:
And that is the problem, you are basing your opinion on what all this "sounds like".

To me it sounds like a bunch of fucking bullshit.
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I have a cousin that doesn't just drink the Kool-aid, but guzzles it. He posted this on Facebook last night.

Quote:
Okay, people. The mid-Atlantic had the warmest January on record. Stick with me here. More heat means more moisture in the atmosphere. When it turns cold, that means more snow. Everybody all together: More snow storms does not contradict global warming, it is confirmation of global warming and expected.
So, by that explanation, it should snow in July?

post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I have a cousin that doesn't just drink the Kool-aid, but guzzles it. He posted this on Facebook last night.

So, by that explanation, it should snow in July?
Dude, you still claim him as you cousin? People are such sheep now, its not even funny. Why can't this be like Y2K and have an expiration date?

-Eric

Official Adrenaline Donor
1971 Chevy C-10 LWB - 350/350 with some fun parts.
1999 GMC 2500 LWB

"Why do they call this route the 'Widowmaker'?"
"I'm not sure, maybe route 'Oh God we're all going to die' was taken..."
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
The average global temperature that they quote is majorly flawed, due to the samples tested. For the first half (or so) of the last century, temps were measured all across the world, in urban and rural areas. The last half of the century they were generally only measured in urban areas, mostly large cities. It is a known fact that temps are always higher in urban areas, due to the concrete and urban structures absorbing and holding heat more than soil and vegetation.

If you take a temperature reading in a grassy field, and one in a parking lot at the same time within miles of each other, one will always be higher, care to guess which one?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
Dude, you still claim him as you cousin? People are such sheep now, its not even funny. Why can't this be like Y2K and have an expiration date?

-Eric
Only because he is a relative...I haven't seen or spoken to him since his wedding in the very early 90s...

post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
lol

^This is quite humorous in light of yesterday's record breaking snow fall totals for North Texas.

There have been record breaking snow fall totals (and low temps) in several places and some European cities. I have a friend in Maryland says they've got like 67" in the last month. Look what happened to D.C.

And you tie this in with the Climate Research Unit debacle of hacked inter-office emails suggesting embellishment of climate data to support the scam that is anthropogenic global warming theory. For Al Gore and people of his ilk, I see this as trying to sell a bottle of water to a drowning man. It's got to be a bitch for those folks as of late.

If this "global warming" things continues at this rate we'll all freeze to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Lifer

Yea, this global warming thing is a bitch. I live in Texas and I've got 9" of snow in my backyard.

Quote:
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
The average global temperature that they quote is majorly flawed, due to the samples tested. For the first half (or so) of the last century, temps were measured all across the world, in urban and rural areas. The last half of the century they were generally only measured in urban areas, mostly large cities. It is a known fact that temps are always higher in urban areas, due to the concrete and urban structures absorbing and holding heat more than soil and vegetation.

If you take a temperature reading in a grassy field, and one in a parking lot at the same time within miles of each other, one will always be higher, care to guess which one?

Stevo
So then what explains the retreating ice caps in the north?

post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
I will as soon as you stop ignoring and actually post something that contradicts the paragraph that you just quoted.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Lifer

Link me to a study that say that's where the temperatures were taken and I'll try.

Edit: Tbh your reply didn't make much sense. I think you missed a few words. Are you saying you'll explain to me why the ice caps are retreating if I counter your argument?

post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Link me to a study that say that's where the temperatures were taken and I'll try.

Edit: Tbh your reply didn't make much sense. I think you missed a few words. Are you saying you'll explain to me why the ice caps are retreating if I counter your argument?
Is your reading comprehension as impaired as your post implies? If so, just reply again, and I'll type it out in big, simple words for you.

You seem to have all the facts and knowledge at your fingertips, it shouldn't take you long to prove me wrong about my post concerning the test samples of the global average temperatures measured in the last century, and when you have done so, I'll address the next question you posted.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Lifer

If I had the knowledge at my fingertips I wouldn't be asking you for it. If it's not some random bullshit statistic that you made up from the top of your head then you must have read it somewhere. It's hard to believe some scientists would measure average global temperatures from some of the worst areas to draw them from.

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Temperature measurement stations must be continually reevaluated for suitability for inclusion due to changes in the local environment, such as increased urbanization, which causes locally increased temperatures regardless of the external environmental influences. Thus only rural stations can be validly used in calculating temperature trends. As a result, adjustments are made to temperature data at urban stations.
Woops?

post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman_2000 View Post
there have been record breaking snow fall totals (and low temps) in several places and some european cities. I have a friend in maryland says they've got like 67" in the last month. Look what happened to d.c.
o rly?

Quote:
every month university of alabama in huntsville climatologists john christy and roy spencer report the latest global temperature trends from satellite data. Below are the newest data updated through january, 2010.

from the university of alabama in huntsville press release, the satellite data report that this has been the warmest january in 32 years and is 3rd warmest month overall. go here for the satellite data.

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
If I had the knowledge at my fingertips I wouldn't be asking you for it. If it's not some random bullshit statistic that you made up from the top of your head then you must have read it somewhere. It's hard to believe some scientists would measure average global temperatures from some of the worst areas to draw them from.
Bullshit statistics? Five seconds into a Google search:

Quote:
Conclusion? For this particular set of US temperature data, all the 20th century warming was observed in urban areas, and none was observed in rural areas less affected by urban heat islands, asphalt, cars, air conditioning, etc.

If it can be generalized, this is an amazing conclusion — it would imply that the sum of US measured warming over the last century could be almost 100% attributed to urban heat islands (a different and more localized effect than CO2 greenhouse gas warming). Perhaps more importantly, outside of the US nearly all of the historical temperature measurement is in urban areas — no one has 100 year temperature records for the Chinese countryside.
http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blo...-and-glob.html

This pdf has some addition information on the emission of 'urban heat islands' and how they taint the samples:
http://icecap.us/docs/change/URBAN%20HEAT%20ISLAND.pdf

So, as soon as you prove me wrong, I will address your next question. Or are you going to again, change the subject, ignore what was posted, and ask something else in an effort to spin away?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Woops?
No link? whoops.

Quote:
What constitutes an urban site versus a rural site? Peterson and others who support the IPCC viewpoint consider a town with a population of less than 10,000 people to be rural and not to require any adjustment for urbanization. Nothing could be further from the truth. Oke (1973) and Torok et al (2001) show that even towns with populations of 1000 people have urban heating of about 2.2 C compared to the nearby rural countryside. Since the UHI increases as the logarithm of the population or as about 0.73 log (pop), a village with a population of 10 has an urban warming of 0.73 C, a village with 100 has a warming of 1.46 C, a town with a population of 1000 people already has an urban warming of 2.2 C, and a large city with a million people has a warming of 4.4 C (Oke, 1973).

Try this thought experiment: In 1900, world population is 1 billion and in 2000, it is 6 billion for an increase of a factor of six. If the surface measuring stations are randomly distributed and respond to this population increase, it would equal 2.2 log (6) or 1.7 C, a number already greater than the observed warming of 0.6 C. If however we note that UHIs occur only on land or 29% of the Earth’s surface, than the net global warming would be 0.29*1.7 or 0.49 C which is close the observed warming. It is not out of the realm of possibility that most of the twentieth century warming was urban heat islands.

Even “towns” with zero population can have an urban heat island.

1. Consider Nowheresville, population zero. In 1900 it consisted of a single store at the intersection of two dirt roads. In 2000, the store is abandoned and the roads are paved. The surface is now darker than in 1900 and the region around the store is warmer. If you are 500 feet from the road, your thermometer will show a 0.1 C warming and two of my correspondents have found such warming. The building itself will heat up during the day and release the heat at night, further adding to the warming. The net effect is warmer nights and slightly warmer days with a decrease in the diurnal temperature range (DTR). Decreases in DTR have been observed worldwide.

2. Next consider Podunk Corner, population 5. A road house at the crossing of two gravel wagon roads, Stevenson Screen in the open over by the corral, exposed to the prevailing wind. However the motorcar has arrived. The roads are paved, the hitching area and former corral likewise converted into parking. All that asphalt absorbing and then emitting energy. The saplings of 1910 growing into ever large windbreaks. Population still five. The net result is still an urban warming even with no change in population.

3. Or try a village of 30 people in five houses going to 150 people in 30 houses. All with their roofs, driveways and roads. An experimenter taking temperatures as he drives through such villages will find several degree higher readings within. But a village of 150 gets no UHI adjustment.

4. Then there is the maintenance problem: many of the remaining stations have intermittent signals, implying the likelihood of poor maintenance when they are up. A Stevenson screen that needs new white paint or that is dirty is a warmer screen. The response of the screen will change if the type of paint is changed and the new paint has a different thermal emissivity. A screen with its louvers occluded by spiders, birds nests, etc. is a warmer screen. Bushes and trees growing around the screens will block outgoing thermal radiation at night and their slow growth will be a warming signal, but not one related to AGHG. Earlier we called the last effect the “changing skyline hypothesis”. There is inadequate documentation of all these effects and no real interest in testing their validity, presumably because climate scientists are happy with the warming signal they see and are happy to attribute it to AGHGs.

Since satellite measurements began in 1979, the world’s population has approximately doubled leading to an UHI signal of 0.67 C over land and 0.19 C globally. The observed surface warming is about 0.36 C over the same time period, so a substantial portion may be just uncorrected UHI effects. Other effects include land use changes, increased darkness of vegetation, direct heat from fossil fuel burning, a brighter sun, changes in cosmic ray intensity, soot on snow, more soot in the atmosphere, and greenhouse gases (and this list is not exhaustive). There are many competing theories for the recent warming and some of them do a better job at explaining the observations than do greenhouse gases.

The land surface stations were designed to provide local climatology. They were not designed to detect climate change. Quality control of the surface network is inadequate.
http://www.warwickhughes.com/hoyt/uhi.htm

The above can be found in pdf versions at various sites on the web, including the one I linked in my previous post.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Lifer

Well that's dandy and hard to argue against, however it's not the only method used to record global temperate averages or increases. How do you explain satellite imaging that shows trends of warming? Northern Russia is one of the least populated places on the planet and it's seen more temperature increase than anywhere else on Earth. That's certainly not an urban area.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/20...07annual_s.gif

Quote:
Figure 1, above. (a) Annual surface temperature anomaly relative to 1951-1980 mean, based on surface air measurements at meteorological stations and ship and satellite measurements of sea surface temperature. (b) Global map of surface temperature anomalies for 2007. (Figure also available as large GIF or PDF.)

post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:12 AM
PAN

Here you go McFly...

Quote:

OOPS : Arctic Ice Extent Understated Because of “Sensor Drift”
The Bear on Feb 23 2009 at 9:23 am | Filed under: Global Warming

Oops. 500,000 square kilometers of ice goes missing!

“The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) has been at the forefront of predicting doom in the arctic as ice melts due to global warming. In May, 2008 they went so far as to predict that the North Pole would be ice-free during the 2008 ‘melt season,’ leading to a lively Slashdot discussion. Today, however, they say that they have been the victims of ’sensor drift’ that led to an underestimation of Arctic ice extent by as much as 500,000 square kilometers. The problem was discovered after they received emails from puzzled readers, asking why obviously sea-ice-covered regions were showing up as ice free open ocean. It turns out that the NSIDC relys on an older, less-reliable method of tracking sea ice extent called SSM/I that does not agree with a newer method called AMSR-E. So why doesn’t NSIDC use the newer AMSR-E data? ‘We do not use AMSR-E data in our analysis because it is not consistent with our historical data.’ Turns out that the AMSR-E data only goes back to 2002, which is probably not long enough for the NSIDC to make sweeping conclusions about melting.

Read more here…

SideBear: The Global Warming ‘nuts’ have based their claim for global warming on the supposedly Arctic ice cap great meltdown.

Al Gore used this info to claim the seas will rise and New York and Florida will be under water.

Now we are told OOPS, Sorry, we made a mistake…a little thing like a sensor floated away and they underestimated the size of ice cap equal to the size of the State of California.

So now we are basing world climate control policies that will affect everyone’s lives on OOPS and the morons in Washington will totally ignore this. God help us.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 AM
PAN

Quote:
Well that's dandy and hard to argue against, however it's not the only method used to record global temperate averages or increases. How do you explain satellite imaging that shows trends of warming?

Warming is El Nino. Cooling is La Nina. Or do you trust NOAA? They are a government entity after all so you should have NO problem believing what they say..

"Sea surface temperature in the equatorial Pacific Ocean (above). El Niño is characterized by unusually warm temperatures and La Niña by unusually cool temperatures in the equatorial Pacific. Anomalies (below) represent deviations from normal temperature values, with unusually warm temperatures shown in red and unusually cold anomalies shown in blue."

"La Niña is associated with cooler than normal water temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific Ocean, unlike El Niño which is associated with warmer than normal water."

http://www.elnino.noaa.gov/
http://www.elnino.noaa.gov/lanina.html

Lastly, are you fucking idiots really trying to say that a two degree increase (if that) resulted in so much water evaporating into the atmosphere that we had RECORD snowfalls all over the globe? Seriously?
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Lifer

we will likely all die by another ice age. idle your vehicles as much as possible to prevent it

98 Brokra
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Well that's dandy and hard to argue against, however it's not the only method used to record global temperate averages or increases. How do you explain satellite imaging that shows trends of warming? Northern Russia is one of the least populated places on the planet and it's seen more temperature increase than anywhere else on Earth. That's certainly not an urban area.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/20...07annual_s.gif
So you are basing your entire argument on a six month period, from July to December, in 2007? Interesting.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
o rly?
I've got two things for you to read. Enjoy!

1 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8299079.stm (Read the whole thing slowly and carefully, especially the part about cycles and oceans temps actually cooling. How there are naturally occurring cycles.)

Computer models are often wrong. Case in point. WFAA's original computer model for Thursday's snow storm was 2" - 4" of total accumulation. The meteorologist said it the day before and it was on their weatherbug site. However, it turned out to be a record breaking snow fall even for our region. I got 9" in my area and in some places even more. Computer models take data that is constantly in a state of change, extrapolate, and project a best guess theoretical outcome. They are right sometimes, but wrong a lot of the time. These computer models are what Al Gore and his ilk feed off of and what they use to pander their anthropogenic global warming scam to gullible people. People that have the hubris and naïveté to think their 12 mpg SUV will destroy the planet. Man caused global warming theory is about money and politics. Some people just will never grasp that idea.

2 - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

With the exception of Global Thermal Nuclear War, if man wants to believe he is 50 ft. tall and his day to day lifestyle can affect a planet that is 4.5 billion years old, then have at it. A planet that has survived cataclysmic meteor/comet strikes, volcanism, eons of cyclic warming and cooling, and plate tectonics. And as of today, can sustain life.

Intrinsic and Extrinsic causes for global climate change long before man ever walked the earth. Hmm...that's interesting.

Quote:

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 02-14-2010 at 12:11 PM.
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Worship me

ZOMG, Russia was warmer than usual for six months in 2007! It's the end of the world!
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Worship me

Here is some great reading, all of a sudden there is some room for debate on the issue of climate change:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8511670.stm

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:

They are showing you winter and summer pic's. Look up pic's from 20 years ago. And pic's from the same month this year. You would be amazed how much a 40% increase in ice is.

This global warming crap is just another way to regulate (control) everything, and get more taxes (money) our of your a$$. If you think they are not, just look up new EPA tax. (since they could not get it through Copenhagen). Hell, Perry is even on board. Go look up what is in Texas legislation planning for new taxes.

I would suggest you spread the word on Median, that is unless you want to pay even more taxes than you do now.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Lifer

The fact that Taylor is defending global warming as being man made or influenced means I am on the right side for thinking it is BS.

I wonder if he would have been on the global cooling stuff back in the 60's and 70's. It was very trendy to be on that side back in the day also.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM
PAN

World may not be warming, say scientists

The United Nations climate panel faces a new challenge with scientists casting doubt on its claim that global temperatures are rising inexorably because of human pollution.

In its last assessment the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said the evidence that the world was warming was “unequivocal”.

It warned that greenhouse gases had already heated the world by 0.7C and that there could be 5C-6C more warming by 2100, with devastating impacts on humanity and wildlife. However, new research, including work by British scientists, is casting doubt on such claims. Some even suggest the world may not be warming much at all.

“The temperature records cannot be relied on as indicators of global change,” said John Christy, professor of atmospheric science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, a former lead author on the IPCC.

Related Links
Member of climate inquiry panel resigns
Science chief demands climate change honesty
The doubts of Christy and a number of other researchers focus on the thousands of weather stations around the world, which have been used to collect temperature data over the past 150 years.

These stations, they believe, have been seriously compromised by factors such as urbanisation, changes in land use and, in many cases, being moved from site to site.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7026317.ece
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The fact that Taylor is defending global warming as being man made or influenced means I am on the right side for thinking it is BS.

I wonder if he would have been on the global cooling stuff back in the 60's and 70's. It was very trendy to be on that side back in the day also.
I remember that. And if anything I would believe that "Trendy" conclusion. It was not politically motivated study.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
PAN

Where the hell did that Taylor guy go? Got a little more to rain on his parade...

Just released:

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995
By Jonathan Petre

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.
And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.
The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made.
Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he stepped down as director of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit after the leaking of emails that sceptics claim show scientists were manipulating data

Booyah!
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Where the hell did that Taylor guy go? Got a little more to rain on his parade...

Just released:

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995
By Jonathan Petre

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.
And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.
The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made.
Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he stepped down as director of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit after the leaking of emails that sceptics claim show scientists were manipulating data

Booyah!
It is deing reported that he has also admitted that the earth has actually been cooling since medieval times by the data he has seen/accumulated. Doh! I think that includes all of the time man has been using machines that produce hydrocarbons and pollution. LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
PAN

Taylor turned into zara.

And that short little fat fucker that plays in a band.

And sstang or whatever the hell his name was. Though he actually had a brain in him when he wasn't smoking crack.

Ah well, such is the board...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement