I'm Sick of "Inherited" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
I'm Sick of "Inherited"

The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush, blah blah blah. Amazingly enough, a lot of people swallow this nonsense.

So once more, I'll try a short civics lesson.

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party. They controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009, as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases. For FY 2009, though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009.

Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Lifer

Thats all they have to stand on.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Out

"From the moment I walked in the door..."

Everything was out there before he took Office. By accepting the position, he not only "inherited" it, he assumed responsibility for it... all of it.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Token Union Member

When Bush was in office we were running an annual deficit of 105 billion. With Obama in office our deficit is 105 billion a month.

Sooner or later the wheels are going to fall off the blame bush train and the shit will finally hit the fan. I predict this to happen right after the United States is attacked by terrorists with in the next 6 months just like Obama's officials have predicted.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Bullet Sponge

Hell, even Biden said "Obama will be tested"
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Borrowed your OP to post up over at the liberal forums. Just to spit the truth in their face. Might have added a little to it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain View Post
Sooner or later the wheels are going to fall off the blame bush train and the shit will finally hit the fan. I predict this to happen right after the United States is attacked by terrorists with in the next 6 months just like Obama's officials have predicted.
A terrorist attack will only accelerate the inevitable. We're running our wheels off just fine on our own.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post

Everything was out there before he took Office. By accepting the position, he not only "inherited" it, he assumed responsibility for it... all of it.
Denny you hit the nail on the head man.your exactly right.

RON PAUL '08
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

And who controlled congress from 2000 to 2006 ?

And what happened to spending then ?

How much of the spending in 2008 to 2009 went to bailout the financial industry that republicans worked so hard to previously deregulate ?

I don't agree with the democratic spending but obama is just trying replicate FDR's plan given the circumstance.

Yes he inherited a f'ed up situation, but he knew what he was getting into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	96645  

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS

Last edited by bullet; 02-04-2010 at 09:02 AM.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Lifer

We're all inheriting obama's spending binge and as a result will soon be inheriting servitude to China on top of that. I want reparations for being made into a slave.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
We're all inheriting obama's spending binge and as a result will soon be inheriting servitude to China on top of that. I want reparations for being made into a slave.

WW3 because of debt default ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post

That sounds rather plausible.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Censored

Quote:

That's what I always thought. We run up the debt, China starts to push us, things get tense, someone shoots somebody (or claims), and war breaks out.

Doors Done Rite

Last edited by big_tiger; 02-04-2010 at 09:58 AM.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Sure Bush left him issue. Clinton left Bush issues. Heck, Bush even left him some major issues..

But the REAL issue now is the Obama hasn't done DICK to fix anything. Didn't he say "Change you can believe in"? WTF has he changed? His War policy is nearly identical to GWs. His anti terror policy (separate from Guantanamo) is nearly identical (though not being applied). He is as secretive as GW if not MORE. He hasn't done dick to reform the banking industry. He hasn't been able to do dick on Health care (and GW certainly didn't give him that issue). He said he would change our foreign policy but other than not putting an anti missile system in Poland he hasn't had any major shifts.

The more time that goes by, the more convince I am that this President is a repeat of Jimmy Carter. The problem there is that I don't currently see a potential President from the Republicans that can or will do anything really different.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Sure Bush left him issue. Clinton left Bush issues. Heck, Bush even left him some major issues..

But the REAL issue now is the Obama hasn't done DICK to fix anything. Didn't he say "Change you can believe in"? WTF has he changed? His War policy is nearly identical to GWs. His anti terror policy (separate from Guantanamo) is nearly identical (though not being applied). He is as secretive as GW if not MORE. He hasn't done dick to reform the banking industry. He hasn't been able to do dick on Health care (and GW certainly didn't give him that issue). He said he would change our foreign policy but other than not putting an anti missile system in Poland he hasn't had any major shifts.

The more time that goes by, the more convince I am that this President is a repeat of Jimmy Carter. The problem there is that I don't currently see a potential President from the Republicans that can or will do anything really different.
It took you this long to realize this?

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Lifer

WTF???? Budgets come directly from the President, as required by article I of the constitution.

the fiscal year begins in October, so we are only about 4 months into an Obama budget year. the GAO makes projections on a single budget for up to 10 years, because a single budget can impact the next 10 years and span 4 administrations. realistically it takes 2 years before any budget implementations are can have any impact and be examined.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Exactly. His followers still believe he can do no wrong, it's a very tired bs excuse he keeps using.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Exactly. His followers still believe he can do no wrong, it's a very tired bs excuse he keeps using.
At least we don't hear "transparency" thrown about ad nauseum like we used to.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Didn't he say "Change you can believe in"?
Every day, it becomes more apparent that the "change you can believe in" he spoke of, really meant by the time he's done, you'll only have a little change in your pocket, and you can believe that.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
WTF???? Budgets come directly from the President, as required by article I of the constitution.

the fiscal year begins in October, so we are only about 4 months into an Obama budget year. the GAO makes projections on a single budget for up to 10 years, because a single budget can impact the next 10 years and span 4 administrations. realistically it takes 2 years before any budget implementations are can have any impact and be examined.
Wrong. Clinton made an about face faster than that. I agree that this locomotive is running full-speed, but all Obama has done (so far) was speed it up. Add the big picture up, bro. All his cuts are so that he can justify even more spending than before. Look at everything.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Some, but a lot of the people I know that voted for him, have since jumped ship. In fact, personally, I only know 1 person that still supports him, and he will openly admit it's because he's black.

One coworker was a big supporter, and has turned his back on him. We talked about this just the other day, and his exact words were "Honestly, I'm just glad we've got the first black president out of the way. It was a huge milestone." I'll agree that it was a huge milestone, and I'm glad we got it out of the way as well. The downside to that, is the way Obama is running America in to the ground, I bet it will be another 100 years before another black President gets elected. Everyone's going to be gunshy, and you can't really blame them. I really hope Alan Keyes runs next go round, though. I like everything I've read about him. But he will freely admit that he's been embarassed by his choice.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Some, but a lot of the people I know that voted for him, have since jumped ship. In fact, personally, I only know 1 person that still supports him, and he will openly admit it's because he's black.
So he only supports half of him?
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
At least we don't hear "transparency" thrown about ad nauseum like we used to.
That's for sure. I wonder if people who still believe in Obama think he's being transparent?

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
And who controlled congress from 2000 to 2006 ?

And what happened to spending then ?

How much of the spending in 2008 to 2009 went to bailout the financial industry that republicans worked so hard to previously deregulate ?

I don't agree with the democratic spending but obama is just trying replicate FDR's plan given the circumstance.

Yes he inherited a f'ed up situation, but he knew what he was getting into.
FDR's New Deal I and New Deal II failed miserably. Under his plans, it took our country too long to pull out of the depression. Why would bama want to replicate a failed plan(s)?
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
FDR's New Deal I and New Deal II failed miserably. Under his plans, it took our country too long to pull out of the depression. Why would bama want to replicate a failed plan(s)?
Right. WWII saved us, not any New Deal.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Wrong. Clinton made an about face faster than that. I agree that this locomotive is running full-speed, but all Obama has done (so far) was speed it up. Add the big picture up, bro. All his cuts are so that he can justify even more spending than before. Look at everything.
he might have tried to speed it up, but the money still moves slow. they still have not spent all the money that was appropriated during the bush administration.

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Out

Quote:
he might have tried to speed it up, but the money still moves slow. they still have not spent all the money that was appropriated during the bush administration.
That's fine and dandy, but you know it's going to get fucked off and then blame it on Bush.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
So he only supports half of him?
Doesn't support any of him anymore.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That's fine and dandy, but you know it's going to get fucked off and then blame it on Bush.
where Bush went wrong was that the Iraq war cost way more then it was suppose to. some say it was the surplus spending, though I think bush had a good plan and it might have worked if it was not for 9/11. but its funny because the Dems blame this spending problem on bush, because of the Iraq war, yet Obama continued with the same spending practices in Iraq as Bush.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
where Bush went wrong was that the Iraq war cost way more then it was suppose to. some say it was the surplus spending, though I think bush had a good plan and it might have worked if it was not for 9/11. but its funny because the Dems blame this spending problem on bush, because of the Iraq war, yet Obama continued with the same spending practices in Iraq as Bush.
Wow, I actually agree with you on something.

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Out

Quote:
That's for sure. The war was mismanaged from day one and after we completed our initial goals, we made new ones, drawing it out even longer. Ask me back in 2004 if I thought I would be in Iraq in 2010 as well. LOL!!!
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
F250-F550 Everything Tech

He voted either yes or present to every spending bill put in front of the senate while he was there.He only Inherited what he helped create. And if inheriting the deficit that he did was so bad, how does that warrant doubling or even tripling it?
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
It took you this long to realize this?
I'm being kind.

Sometimes it can be a failing..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
And if inheriting the deficit that he did was so bad, how does that warrant doubling or even tripling it?
I think that part of it is, they can't see any other way out. That doesn't go directly against the liberal agenda, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement