Obama approves offshore drilling.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
makin' bacon

Obama approves offshore drilling..

From another forum:

Quote:
Subject: Obama approves offshore drilling..

Obama Approves Off Shore Drilling (for Brazil )
Today even though President Obama is against off shore drilling
for oil for this country, he signed an executive order to loan 2 Billion of our taxpayers dollars to a Brazilian Oil Exploration
Company (which is the 8th largest company in the entire world) to drill for oil off the coast of Brazil . The oil that comes from this
operation is for the sole purpose and use of China and not the USA .

The Chinese government is under contract to purchase all the oil that this oil field will produce, which is hundreds of millions of barrels of oil". We have absolutely no gain from this transaction whatsoever.

BUT wait, it gets more interesting.

Guess who is the largest individual stockholder of this Brazilian Oil
Company and who would benefit most from this? It is American
Billionaire, George Soros, Liberal businessman who is a radical left
wing supporter; finances MoveOn.org as well as other liberal programs and was President Obama's largest and most generous supporter during his campaign. If you are able to connect the dots and follow the money, you're probably as upset as I am. Not a word of this transaction was on any of the other news networks.

This is most likely the type of change Obama meant. Also, let your Government representatives know how you feel about this. I wonder what Obama is getting out of this?.....

Here's the Wall Street Journal article:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...120524166.html
Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I'm gonna be sick.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Bullet Sponge

I was happy about him advocating drilling for about 2 sentences...this pisses me off

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I was happy about him advocating drilling for about 2 sentences...this pisses me off
x2

I was excited until i read the rest of the article.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Lifer

China is paying top dollar for oil and petroleum products right now, thats the reason US oil exports were up 33% last year. oil is an interesting business in that it can be pumped in one country, produced in another and then sold in yet another country while a person in a fourth country makes all the profit. in business is not who has the product or who gets it, but rather who profits the most from it that really matters.

Brazil is an emerging market right now, and very attractive to investors, if this was a private company making a 2 billion dollar loan to brazil it would likely be seen as a good move. there is a lot of interest to be made back on a loan like that. I hate to see our government doing something like this though, why has an american business not stepped up and made this move? after all China is going to get the oil anyway, we might as well get a piece of the action.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
China is paying top dollar for oil and petroleum products right now, thats the reason US oil exports were up 33% last year. oil is an interesting business in that it can be pumped in one country, produced in another and then sold in yet another country while a person in a fourth country makes all the profit. in business is not who has the product or who gets it, but rather who profits the most from it that really matters.

Brazil is an emerging market right now, and very attractive to investors, if this was a private company making a 2 billion dollar loan to brazil it would likely be seen as a good move. there is a lot of interest to be made back on a loan like that. I hate to see our government doing something like this though, why has an american business not stepped up and made this move? after all China is going to get the oil anyway, we might as well get a piece of the action.
Because George Soros dosn't own an American company. Barry takes very good care of his own...especially at our expense.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 AM
duh...duh....duh

I was all excited. Sort of like when you think you're going to nut then your balls just explode or something. This is a bummer.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Canada is welcome here.

At least it's a loan. Wouldn't put it past him to just give it to them. And hey, you know we are going to be scratching china's back for the giant loan they gave us with all their slave money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 02-02-2010 at 09:19 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Does anybody know how to find the text of his Executive Order?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Token Troll

I don't see the mention of China getting the oil in the WSJ article. Further, its a August 2009 article.

What am I missing?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
makin' bacon

China has already made two loans to Brazilian oil, the biggest one was $10 billion dollars, on the agreement that the oil recovered goes to China. This has been known for the last two years.

The main point of this article, if it is indeed true, is that obama purposely used his executive powers to get one of his largest supporters of his agenda and campaign more profits using American tax dollars, and yet you don't hear shit about it in the news.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
China has already made two loans to Brazilian oil, the biggest one was $10 billion dollars, on the agreement that the oil recovered goes to China. This has been known for the last two years.

The main point of this article, if it is indeed true, is that obama purposely used his executive powers to get one of his largest supporters of his agenda and campaign more profits using American tax dollars, and yet you don't hear shit about it in the news.

Stevo
Remember Dick Cheney, he was the chairman of Halliburton until he became the VP.
Guess who got the contract for the Iraq war?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Remember Dick Cheney, he was the chairman of Halliburton until he became the VP.
And how often did we hear about it, from EVERY network, for how long?

It's funny to see the media hypocrisy at work, seeing as how the wsj and Fox are the only ones covering this...

Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
And how often did we hear about it, from EVERY network, for how long?

It's funny to see the media hypocrisy at work, seeing as how the wsj and Fox are the only ones covering this...

Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.
You notice the typical liberal is quick to remember and post the same scenario under the Bush administration, but fails to remember the massive amount of press that covered it. He remains silent about it's obvious lack of publication in mainstream media, and how it screams of the current double standard.

Still the same shit from the leftist libs...
But Bush did...
But Bush said...
But Bush let...
...and quietly ignore the same shit coming from the 'hope and change' guy.

/rolleyes

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
I remember him taking a massive pay cut, leaving Haliburton, to become VP.

Do you own an oil company that could have done better than Haliburton in Iraq?

It didn't make a fuck what US Company got that contract. Liberal media is against big oil companies and they would have screamed foul who went there, no matter what.

Tell ya what...the next time all hell breaks loose somewhere, let's just make sure a fucking Chinese company makes a profit in putting it all back together, instead of the United States.

I bet the liberal media hasn't covered the fact that Obama renewed Haliburton's aforementioned Gov't contract last month.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:19 PM
600 hp 13 forward gears

Location: 99 Peterbilt 379 ex. hood 600 ISX cummins Rollin down the super slab !
Shit like this is why I was layed off back in July. I worked for Weatherford International I built wireline trucks, skids. OBAMA .

Fox stang coupe
97 F-250 4x4 crew cab shorty smokes really bad sometimes ???
Future cummins conversion above.
rice rocket for a daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement