Obama addressed GOP today... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Obama addressed GOP today...

and I think he should get credit for showing up. Please note I said something positive before I make any further comments. Obama gets positive credit for showing up and taking questions. This is the first step, hopefully he will continue the walk.

Now, why is it that he wouldn't answer the questions posed to him? He just kept regurgitating his talking points from the SOTU address and kept blaming Bush for his past year of failures. When will he ever accept responsibility for his administration?

Case in point: He was aksed if he would support across the board tax cuts for everyone to stimulate the economy. He would not answer yes or no, he just threw out the "guy who makes a billion dollars a year" should not get tax cuts and never would answer it. If he had stated that he didn't support them or stated that he would support them I would have respected his answer, but a non-answer gets my rath.

Please feel free to add on your thoughts about what he said if you watched it like I did.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Lifer

I didnt watch it but doesnt saying the guy that made a billion dollars shouldnt get a tax cut pretty much say that he doesnt support across the board tax cuts?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
I didnt watch it but doesnt saying the guy that made a billion dollars shouldnt get a tax cut pretty much say that he doesnt support across the board tax cuts?
As well as just saying "no" does?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Lifer

Oh I agree, I would rather hear yes or no versus what he said but that is something all politicians do. I have sat there and gotten so pissed watching debates on fox or other news channels because someone is trying to argue a valid point and has their oppenent in a corner and they wont admit it. They just spin it like this.

I did find the story though, sounds like the GOP tried to set the man straight and Im glad Obama gave them the chance. Not like he has any choice now, seeing that he is finally wants to be bipartisan. I doubt not having his 60 votes has anything to do with that though. That was sarcasm btw

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...eir_home_.html

Oh and according to the story he said he would look into across the board tax cuts which means forget it. But he also threw out there that banks wouldnt see it. I agree with the man there. If there is anything positive the guy has done, its crack down on banks and other big "untouchables" that make their money on the misfortunes of others. Thats jsut my opinion of course.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Lifer

We got 3 more years of this bullshit.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Lifer

He has only increased the nations debt. Nothing has changed. Why is he still our president?? Only the uneducated and those who support him because of racial ties are still behind him. Again, why is he still our pres?

Dreaming of my future creation....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Lifer

This title should say..."Obama lectured the GOP today."

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Oh I agree, I would rather hear yes or no versus what he said but that is something all politicians do. I have sat there and gotten so pissed watching debates on fox or other news channels because someone is trying to argue a valid point and has their oppenent in a corner and they wont admit it. They just spin it like this.

I did find the story though, sounds like the GOP tried to set the man straight and Im glad Obama gave them the chance. Not like he has any choice now, seeing that he is finally wants to be bipartisan. I doubt not having his 60 votes has anything to do with that though. That was sarcasm btw

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...eir_home_.html

Oh and according to the story he said he would look into across the board tax cuts which means forget it. But he also threw out there that banks wouldnt see it. I agree with the man there. If there is anything positive the guy has done, its crack down on banks and other big "untouchables" that make their money on the misfortunes of others. Thats jsut my opinion of course.
I guess it is a good thing that Obama is cracking down on the banks, but since I take care of my business, the banks have never screwed me over. I have always wondered why the banks are such the bad guys when you have total control over your own financial situation. If you don't spend more than you make you never have to go to them. I have a mortgage at under 5% and have no other debt.

To me, blaming the banks for your situation is like blaming drugs for you being a crack addict.

BTW, I have no confidence in Obama, so even when he takes positive action, I don't trust him. He has lied to me so many times, why would I trust him?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement