GOP's biggest hurdles this year... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

GOP's biggest hurdles this year...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...toWhatsNewsTop

Quote:
As Democrats struggle to respond to a surge of populist anger that has put them on the defensive, Republicans face a challenge of their own: How do you appeal to voters furious at big banks and Wall Street without alienating the party's traditional business allies?

The public's frustration has worked in Republicans' favor so far. But the GOP has long been identified with big business and finance, and that puts them at odds with voters angry over banks that seem to be skating through an economic crisis that Wall Street helped create.

View Full Image
SOTUGOP2
Associated Press

GOP Rep. Mark Kirk is seeking a Democratic Illinois Senate seat.
SOTUGOP2
SOTUGOP2

President Barack Obama, who hopes to regain momentum in his State of the Union address Wednesday, is doing his best to put the Republicans on the wrong side of a people-versus-business divide. He has proposed new taxes and regulations on large financial institutions. Many Republicans oppose those restrictions as further interference in free markets.

Republicans "have enormous competing tensions within their party," said Democratic strategist Chris Lehane. "The national party, those in D.C. and those who raise the money, are reliant on the very forces driving the anger out there."

Republicans respond that it is possible to be pro-business while favoring the interests of workers and small firms over Wall Street excess.

"Republicans are feeling a lot of that anger. It's very real," said former Rep. Vin Weber (R., Minn.). "Republicans should focus on issues like competition, and make it clear that they're not interested in protecting business per se, but in protecting markets. That is not easily done, but that's where Republicans need to be."

The public's frustration is directed more at government than at businesses or banks, added Kevin Madden, who served as an aide to Republican Mitt Romney, the former presidential candidate and Massachusetts governor.

"What we're seeing among the electorate is Main Street anger at Washington," Mr. Madden said. "It's not so much Main Street against Wall Street, but Main Street discontent at how Washington has handled an economic downturn."

Republicans' current dilemma—populist pitchforks versus corporate wingtips—began some time ago. When public anger erupted last March over bonuses that executives of American International Group Inc. received, House Democrats quickly proposed taxing the payouts at the insurer, which was kept afloat by billions of dollars in government aid during the financial crisis.

The GOP, torn between frustration with AIG policies and a belief in hands-off government, split over the proposal: 87 House Republicans, including Majority Leader John Boehner (R., Ohio), voted against the taxes, while 85 Republicans, including Mr. Boehner's deputy, Eric Cantor (R., Va.), voted yes.

On the News Hub, WSJ's John Bussey says populism will play a key part in Wednesday's State of the Union address.

Today, the division within the Republicans is evident in their disagreement over whether to support the reconfirmation of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke. Many voters associate Mr. Bernanke with bailouts and Wall Street. But business and financial leaders see him as a stabilizing force, one who helped orchestrate a difficult rescue of the U.S. economy.

Mr. Obama recently proposed a $9 billion-a-year tax on big banks to help replenish the money taxpayers lost from bailouts. The president also suggested limiting the size of big banks and restricting their involvement in trading.

Democrats are trying to use these proposals against Republicans such as Rep. Mark Kirk (R., Ill.), who is seeking a Senate seat in his home state, the seat that Mr. Obama used to hold. "Will Mark Kirk break his silence and side with Wall Street over Main Street by opposing pro-consumer financial reforms?" asks a recent Democratic press release.

A Kirk spokesman didn't respond to a request for comment.

In an interview, Sen. John Cornyn (R., Texas), took issue with Mr. Obama's proposed bank tax, but said he saw some promise in the other bank proposals. "There is some merit to those," he said. "I look forward to getting more detail on that."

While Democrats hope to put the GOP in a tough spot, they aren't immune to the dilemma facing their opponents. Mr. Lehane conceded that Democrats, too, rely on support from the financial and business institutions that are the targets of voter hostility.

"Both parties are suffering from the fact that both are dependent on some of the very entities the public has enormous concerns about," he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Lifer

The Dems sure are focused on the Reps. The voters sent a HUGE shot across the bow of "Obamanomics" and democrats, with the election in Massachusetts. I don't think voters will vote "for" Reps as much as "against" Dems.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Lifer

The Dems (liberals) are in complete disarray and their answer is to claim the Republicans are in disarray? LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The Dems sure are focused on the Reps. The voters sent a HUGE shot across the bow of "Obamanomics" and democrats, with the election in Massachusetts. I don't think voters will vote "for" Reps as much as "against" Dems.
Very valid, to me it all depends on how the independents in each region react to all of this.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 PM
T-MINUS

Republicans need to stand up as the party of clear difference. Make your stand, outline your ideals.

Some of us have concrete core values that don't change. Unlike the shitdicks in D.C. who's core values are tied to their pole numbers.

Guess what? If 2% of the population thinks that a man sucking another man's dick with a wedding ring on makes it ok, I'm not going to change my views that it's disgusting.

It's ok not to believe in things that Hollywood (town, not the gay moderator) profess as normal behavior.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Republicans need to stand up as the party of clear difference. Make your stand, outline your ideals.

Some of us have concrete core values that don't change. Unlike the shitdicks in D.C. who's core values are tied to their pole numbers.

Guess what? If 2% of the population thinks that a man sucking another man's dick with a wedding ring on makes it ok, I'm not going to change my views that it's disgusting.

It's ok not to believe in things that Hollywood (town, not the gay moderator) profess as normal behavior.
Well put. Crass...but well put!

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:41 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Well put. Crass...but well put!
I'm going for that 'say what I mean, mean what I say' platform when I run for office.

I can damn near get away with anything I say, I've never seen anything like it.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

1 - show that you're not "just" obstructionists. Get with Obama and get Glass-Stegall back into place to protect the economy from banks that are "too big to fail"

2 - offer up health care reform measures that focus on actually reducing costs.

3 - Act like this country is a business, not your personal slush fund for any fuckin project you can get.

4 - Offer up a shit load of budget cuts. Even offer to cut military spending (do we REALLY need some of those new ships?)

5 - start bitchin' about how Obama's crew hasn't made anyone from Wall Street stand in front of a judge and explain themselves..

6 - Contract for America: Part TWO

I could go on and on and on... but frankly, I have little confidence in the Republican party..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 PM
BANNED

Wish people would stop relying on Dem vs Rep and focus on what that person values as a candidate. They are representing their party not their people.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Lifer

The Republicans are exactly as out-of-touch with what taxpaying Americans want as the Democrats are.

Until a party starts talking about reducing power, reducing pork, reducing costs, eliminating bribery (lobbying), and implementing term limits, then it will all remain status quo. A new wrapper on the same smelly turd.

Will the Reps win back some seats? Yes. Will they be able to maintain them? No. That's because they don't understand what Americans are pissed off about.

Once they disrupt the Democrats lock, the Reps will have the same power-drunk glazed stare the Dems have had for the past year. Any new ideas or promises will be out the window and it will be business as usual in DC.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

They can profess it to the people all they like, but they can never defeat that natural instinct inside the real "normal" people that it's gross and wrong. If the shit ever hits the fan we will go right back to the 1950's on that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Lifer

Sean and Justin are homophobes up in heera!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Lol, I never really understood that word. The "phobes" part would imply that we are afraid of them. I gotta say, I'm not afraid of 'em. Not really at all. I don't like 'em, but I'm not afraid of em. It should be... homohaterz. Or something.

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Lifer

The GOP needs to get back to its root without getting complacent with the idea that they'll be voted in over Democrats just because the Dems aren't getting anything done.

And for the record, homosexuality is a biological trait. Most gays don't choose to be gay, so labeling it "wrong" is pretty naive.

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
The GOP needs to get back to its root without getting complacent with the idea that they'll be voted in over Democrats just because the Dems aren't getting anything done.

And for the record, homosexuality is a biological trait. Most gays don't choose to be gay, so labeling it "wrong" is pretty naive.
Right, the progressive answer.
Disregard that kids are being taught at a young age it's 'OK' or 'natural' to have your back used as a splatter shield.

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Right, the progressive answer.
Disregard that kids are being taught at a young age it's 'OK' or 'natural' to have your back used as a splatter shield.
It doesn't have dick to do with being a "progressive" answer unless you're the type that dismisses science you disagree with as liberal propaganda.

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You keep spewing the liberal/progressive rhetoric almost verbatim, but you are a far right coinservative, correct? LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It doesn't have dick to do with being a "progressive" answer unless you're the type that dismisses science you disagree with as liberal propaganda.
If science could prove people were born that way they would prove it. It cannot be proven anymore than science can prove MAN is the reason we have had global warming. I guess if you lie about the evidence like they did about global warming you can prove being born gay, but that is the only way.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Who gives a shit if there's science to support it or not? Why the fuck is our government involved in the personal lives of its citizens?

post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Who gives a shit if there's science to support it or not? Why the fuck is our government involved in the personal lives of its citizens?
Ask Barry.

post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If science could prove people were born that way they would prove it. It cannot be proven anymore than science can prove MAN is the reason we have had global warming. I guess if you lie about the evidence like they did about global warming you can prove being born gay, but that is the only way.
http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html

Quote:
D.F. Swaab conducted the next noteworthy experiment in 1990. This experiment became the first to document a physiological difference in the anatomical structure of a gay man's brain. Swaab found in his post-mortem examination of homosexual males' brains that a portion of the hypothalamus of the brain was structurally different than a heterosexual brain. The hypothalamus is the portion of the human brain directly related to sexual drive and function. In the homosexual brains examined, a small portion of the hypothalamus, termed the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), was found to be twice the size of its heterosexual counterpart [2].

At the same time, another scientist, Laura S. Allen made a similar discovery in the hypothalamus as well. She found that the anterior commissure (AC) of the hypothalamus was also significantly larger in the homosexual subjects than that of the heterosexuals [2]. Both Swaab's and Allen's results became a standing ground for the biological argument on homosexuality. The very fact that the AC and the SCN are not involved in the regulation of sexual behavior makes it highly unlikely that the size differences results from differences in sexual behavior. Rather the size differences came prenatally during sexual differentiation. The size and shape of the human brain is determined biologically and is impacted minutely, if at all by behavior of any kind.

Simon LeVay conducted another experiment regarding the hypothalamus of the human brain in 1991. LeVay, like Swaab and Allen also did a post-mortem examination on human brains; however, he did his examinations on patients who had died from AIDS-related illnesses. He examined 19 declared homosexual man, with a mean age of 38.2, 16 presumed heterosexual men, with a mean age of 42.8, and 6 presumed heterosexual women, with a mean age of 41.2 [3]. LeVay discovered that within the hypothalamus, the third interstitial notch of the anterior hypothalamus (INAH3) was two to three times smaller in homosexual men then in heterosexual men. The women examined also exhibited this phenomenon. LeVay concluded the "homosexual and heterosexual men differ in the central neuronal mechanisms that control sexual behavior", and like Allen and Swaab, agreed that this difference in anatomy was no product of upbringing or environment, but rather prenatal cerebral development and structural differentiation [2].

Another line of testing done to support the biological perspective are neuroendocrine studies. The neuroendocrine viewpoint's basic hypothesis is that sexual orientation is determined by the early levels (probably prenatal) of androgen on relevant neural structures [7]. If highly exposed to these androgens, the fetus will become masculinized, or attracted to females. This research was conducted on rats at Stanford. The adult female rats that received male-typical levels of androgens sufficiently early in development exhibited male symptoms of attraction. The same was true in the reverse when applied to the male subjects. The female exposed to high levels of the hormone exhibited high levels of aggression and sexual drive toward other females, eventually trying to mount the other females in an act of reproduction. In the males, the subject who received deficient levels of androgen became submissive in matters of sexual drive and reproduction and were willing to receive the sexual act of the other male rat [7].

J. Michael Bailey and Richard Pillard also studied the gayness between MZ twins, DZ twins, and non-related adopted brothers. They examined how many of the sample population examined were gay and how many were straight. They found that 52% of MZ twins were both self-identified homosexuals, 22% of DZ twins were so, and only 5% of non-related adopted brothers were so. This evidence, repeated and found to be true a second time, showed to the biological camp that the more closely genetically linked a pair is, the more likely they both are to exhibit gay or straight tendencies. Later experimenters found similar evidence in females. One such scientist is Dean Hamer. Hamer examined the possibility of homosexuality being an X-linked trait. He examined the family trees of openly gay men, and thought he saw a maternal link, leading him to investigate his theory of X-linkage. He took 40 DNA samples from homosexual men, and genetically examined them. He found that there was a 'remarkable concordance' for 5 genetic markers on section of the X-Chromosome called Xq28 [2].

Hamer hypothesized upon examining the family trees of the same men that on each subject's mother's side, there were markedly larger numbers of homosexual men, all stemming through the maternal lineages. This observation, along with his startling discovery on Xq28, led his findings to be dubbed the "gay gene study". The statistical probability of the 5 genetic markers on Xq28 to have matched randomly was calculated to be 1/100,000 [2], lending even more support to his findings.

This finding of a possible 'gay gene' prompts a look into two evolutionary concepts, and how they are affected. The Superior Heterozygote Theory states the phenotypic (actual) expression of homosexuality is the result of homozygosity for recessive (non-expressed but present) genes [11]. In simplification, if the person's genetic code is heterozygotic (one homosexual gene and one heterosexual gene), if the homosexual allele (half of the genetic code) is the allele passed on to the next generation, it will become the phenotype. Heterozygotes are only capable of being passed through to the next generation by mothers (as the Y-chromosome is incapable of heterozygosity), this again links homosexuality to X-linkage.
I'd love to hear you debunk this science for me. I can't wait.

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Because they have asked to get a license to marry. If they just lived their lives and did not ask for governemnt acceptance of their behavior/choice, the government wouldn't get involved. They could just go to a church/court and have a civil ceremony but they wouldn't have complete acceptance and validation so they can spew their agenda in schools like it is all normal and accpepted lifestyles.

I can hear them now "We got a license issued by the government to marry, so now you have to let us teach gay sex in school and be accepting of all lifechoices."

That's why.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html

I'd love to hear you debunk this science for me. I can't wait.
You are the second person to point out that people with brain abnormalities are inclined to be gay. If I said that you would call me a homophobe. LMAO!

Yeah, you cite a group (psychologists/psychiatrists) that has some members who actually think NAMBLA is on to something when they claim that children engaging in consensual sex is okay and doesn't harm the child. The credibility of this argument is really high! LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You keep spewing the liberal/progressive rhetoric almost verbatim, but you are a far right coinservative, correct? LMAO!
I never claimed I was a far right conservative.

post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You are the second person to point out that people with brain abnormalities are inclined to be gay. If I said that you would call me a homophobe. LMAO!
Brain abnormalities that are linked directly to sexual drive and function. It's not just any part of the brain that isn't functioning correctly.

But that reply at least lets me know you don't really have the slightest clue what you're talking about on the subject.

post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, you cite a group (psychologists/psychiatrists) that has some members who actually think NAMBLA is on to something when they claim that children engaging in consensual sex is okay and doesn't harm the child. The credibility of this argument is really high! LMAO!
What group? AllPsych?

post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
What group? AllPsych?
Fag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Brain abnormalities that are linked directly to sexual drive and function. It's not just any part of the brain that isn't functioning correctly.
So homosexuality is a brain disorder? A disease?

So does this mean we have to accept their behavior? Or should we be paying for their treatment?
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Lifer

There's nothing you can do to "treat" or cure it.

Edit: What do you mean accept their behavior?

post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
So labeling it "wrong" is pretty naive (according to your words) but (again according to your own words) "part of the brain isn't functioning correctly" isn't equally naive? Are not "wrong" and "not correct" synonomous? Are you such an expert in neurology that you can presume to teach us what is "correct" with regard to brain function? Thanks for tripping yourself up just like we would expect from a typical pompous liberal trying to promote "facts" pulled out from his ass LOL.
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I never claimed I was a far right conservative.
But you did deny you were a liberal/progressive, right?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So people who have normal heterosexual sex drives have abnormal brains or just the people who want to have sex with their own gender have brain abnormalities? What about those who become homosexual when they get older, like Anne Heche (who went back and forth) or Meredith Baxter (please know there are lots of lower profile people who go back and forth all the time also)? Did their abnormality develop as they got older or did they just override their supposed natural instinct to have sex with their own gender?

Quote:
But that reply at least lets me know you don't really have the slightest clue what you're talking about on the subject.
Another liberal/progressive talking point. If someone disagrees with you they are obviously uninformed or haven't researched it enough to know what they are talking about. You have managed to hit the top 20 talkinbg points of the dailykos, moveon.org, MSNBC (and their liberal/progressive agenda), Pelosi, Dean, and all the other far left liberals. Well done!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What group? AllPsych?
So is allpsych a bunch of plumbers? LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Lifer

Who gives two shits if two guys want to stick in each others ass, I don't. I do think the marriage thing is taking it a little too far. I do believe they are born that way too. To each his own, we have more important things to worry about. How about fixing this Country before it is flushed down the toilet?
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Lifer

Get these Democrats out that are spending money they don't have just like a kid who's got ahold of mommie and daddie's credit cards.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

How convenient. Again I'll say this: If for some strange reason it's not a choice now, the day will come that it will be. Meaning, one day they will know enough to fix said abnormalities. Then what you going to do when you run out of excuses? Obviously nature didn't intend for two of the same gender to try to breed.

Quote:

Quote:
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
How convenient. Again I'll say this: If for some strange reason it's not a choice now, the day will come that it will be. Meaning, one day they will know enough to fix said abnormalities. Then what you going to do when you run out of excuses? Obviously nature didn't intend for two of the same gender to try to breed.
Taylors next argument: But there are cases in nature where animals have had homosexual sex!

If the monkeys are doing it, us humans should be able to also! He won't even realize he just compared homosexuals to animals and treated animalistic behavior to the behavior he is defending. I can see the guy now who starts humping legs and claims he wa born that way and to prove it, he shows us all his dog who humps peoples legs. LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 PM
T-MINUS

So faggortry can be blamed on gravity, physics and fluid dynamics?

I guess ass up, deep pounding, head slamming the head board and blood puddling in the brain leads to the problem.

If it's a mental disorder (as once was said) then lock them up.

post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Canada is welcome here.

What they don't realize is it's a lose/lose situation. If they do prove that the person's physiology is somehow involved, then it's a disease. A disorder. Something to be cured or treated. If they don't, then it's a choice. They should give up, while they are not ahead.

Quote:

Quote:
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Lifer

Some dudes just want to get plowed like a wheat field. They might say it's because of some genetic or brain "abnormality." But really it's because his mom weaned him too soon or his daddy picked on him.
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Canada is welcome here.

And we're bad people cause we don't approve, and generally dislike the practice. Fucked up world we live in.

Quote:

Quote:
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
There's nothing you can do to "treat" or cure it.

Edit: What do you mean accept their behavior?
Sure there is! AIDS is the cure, at least to the male side of the equation.

post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
If they can fix it, fine. If our technology gets to that point then they can probably find things like that right when the baby is born and fix them before it even becomes an issue. I'm not making excuses for gay people I'm just saying, in most cases it's a biological thing and not a choice.

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So people who have normal heterosexual sex drives have abnormal brains or just the people who want to have sex with their own gender have brain abnormalities? What about those who become homosexual when they get older, like Anne Heche (who went back and forth) or Meredith Baxter (please know there are lots of lower profile people who go back and forth all the time also)? Did their abnormality develop as they got older or did they just override their supposed natural instinct to have sex with their own gender?
The ones that want to mate with their own sex are the ones with the abnormalities obviously. It's pretty clear that a man is meant to be with a woman because there's no alternative method to reproduction.

I don't know who either of those people are but they sound like a couple of attention whores to me.

Quote:
Another liberal/progressive talking point. If someone disagrees with you they are obviously uninformed or haven't researched it enough to know what they are talking about. You have managed to hit the top 20 talkinbg points of the dailykos, moveon.org, MSNBC (and their liberal/progressive agenda), Pelosi, Dean, and all the other far left liberals. Well done!
Well you still haven't provided me any evidence that you're correct other than lambasting me for disagreeing with you. You like to talk about "logic" but you can't back up your claims with a "logical" argument.

post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So faggortry can be blamed on gravity, physics and fluid dynamics?

I guess ass up, deep pounding, head slamming the head board and blood puddling in the brain leads to the problem.

If it's a mental disorder (as once was said) then lock them up.
Lock them up on what grounds? There are more insane straight people running around doing stupid shit than gays. How many times do you hear in the news everyday that gays are raping, pillaging, stealing, murdering, assaulting, anything? We should lock them up just because they like to pork people of their own sex? That's absurd.

post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Lock them up on what grounds? There are more insane straight people running around doing stupid shit than gays. How many times do you hear in the news everyday that gays are raping, pillaging, stealing, murdering, assaulting, anything? We should lock them up just because they like to pork people of their own sex? That's absurd.
You said it was a mental disorder.

Wonder how many cases of AIDS gets spread by gays? A queer's dick is like his own little tommy gun, pumping virus out until the magazine runs dry.

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You said it was a mental disorder.

Wonder how many cases of AIDS gets spread by gays? A queer's dick is like his own little tommy gun, pumping virus out until the magazine runs dry.
And? Aren't there millions of people walking the streets with mental disorders? It's not a violent one so I don't see where you're going with this.

post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
And? Aren't there millions of people walking the streets with mental disorders? It's not a violent one so I don't see where you're going with this.
OJ almost when to jail for stabbing a man in the ass...

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Lifer

lol

post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The ones that want to mate with their own sex are the ones with the abnormalities obviously. It's pretty clear that a man is meant to be with a woman because there's no alternative method to reproduction.

I don't know who either of those people are but they sound like a couple of attention whores to me.

Well you still haven't provided me any evidence that you're correct other than lambasting me for disagreeing with you. You like to talk about "logic" but you can't back up your claims with a "logical" argument.
So if you don't see the logic with all of your life experience and wisdom (please raise your sarcasm meter to full volume) then it isn't there, right? I have been beating you over the head with logic, but just because you are too stupid to do anything about it, don't claim the bleeding isn't happening. I throw out proof (Heche and Montgomery) to support my argument and logic by giving you specific examples to support my point and you admit for all to see you know nothing about them, and hence you have no idea what you are talking about. I love the guys who are too stupid (or ignorant) to know when they are providing proof of their own stupidity (or ignornace).

BTW, defending the choice to be gay as being a born with trait is also very liberal. Like I have said, keep spewing the typical liberal rhetoric and claim you are the bastion of conservatism dude. LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement