Latest and greatest Executive order - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Latest and greatest Executive order

Not one media outlet in America I can find has covered this, and you'll know why when you read it. Pretty sad when we have to hear what's going on here from Canada because our media is complete shit. Thanks to tazz for the link http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18890

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Lifer

Oh yeah, your welcome.

Hell I for got about that one...

I wonder if any one will pop in with the biblical implications?

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Time Served

absoutely ridiculous...like thief in the night! to quote the infamous Palin "i can see russia from my back porch" literally and i live in texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Tell her you cut too... then ask if she'd like to see the scares. Of course she'll say yes.

Whip out your weiner and put it in her face, maybe you'll get lucky

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by installaterGT03 View Post
absoutely ridiculous...like thief in the night! to quote the infamous Palin "i can see russia from my back porch" literally and i live in texas
Why would you quote her when she never said that? I think you watch too much SNL and beleive everything you hear.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:

This post was witty, except for the bold text.

The bold in the post was moronic.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Here is the law that authorizes his action:
http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/olc/docs/pl110-181.pdf

Here is the section in question...
Quote:
SEC. 1822. COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS.
The President shall establish a bipartisan Council of Governors to advise the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the White House Homeland Security Council on mat- ters related to the National Guard and civil support missions.

Things of note:

1. No more than 5 members of the Council can be from the same political party.

one would assume that this means five Democrats and five Republicans but you could throw a Libertarian or Independent in there.

2. I don't see any actual powers given to this Council. Anyone want to connect the dots?

3. GWB was the man that passed this into law..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Literally? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Lifer

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 AM
PAN

Two years old, 24,000 signatures, and going absolutely no where as it's aimed at impeaching a senator who is no longer a senator...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You realize that there is a spot where Russia and Alaska are about 2.5 miles apart, right?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
You realize that there is a spot where Russia and Alaska are about 2.5 miles apart, right?
I think he was trying to use it as a clever way to say he can see the communist ideals of russia from his house, seeing as how the govt that surrounds him claims to be blue, but is eerily red with marxist beliefs.....

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 01-24-2010 at 12:07 PM.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
I think he was trying to use it as a clever way to say he can see the communist ideals of russia from his house, seeing as how the govt that surrounds claims to be blue, but is eerily red with marxist beliefs.....
Ahhh.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Ahhh.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Here is the law that authorizes his action:
http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/olc/docs/pl110-181.pdf

Here is the section in question...

Things of note:

1. No more than 5 members of the Council can be from the same political party.

one would assume that this means five Democrats and five Republicans but you could throw a Libertarian or Independent in there.

2. I don't see any actual powers given to this Council. Anyone want to connect the dots?

3. GWB was the man that passed this into law..
Wondering the same thing....

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Wondering the same thing....
An abuse of power
Given too much power, the Founding Fathers knew an abusive President would turn against the citizens and their states, so they granted specific, limited powers to the Executive Branch and established barriers to halt unauthorized expansions of power.

Ten Governors to be outnumbered and outgunned
Once assembled, Governors are no longer protected by their bodyguards, executive protection or state militia. They are subject to intimidation, interrogation, bullying, and personal threats.

Under the false pretense of meeting to "exchange views, information, or advice," ten Governors will be forced to meet with top military commanders.

Governors-You will do as commanded
This Council of Governors, like Hitler's staff, may be told it is their duty to impose martial law to quell rebellions or arrest terrorists, who are just Constitution-loving citizens on the government's massive terrorist list, and they may be compelled to carry out such orders.

The President serves the people; the people do not serve the President
The President serves the people and states, and must stand accountable. It is the duty of the Governors, Congress and Supreme Court to check his every act against the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to thwart the Executive Branch from amassing tyrannical powers, and to nullify any bills, executive orders or presidential signings their states do not support. State governments are not extensions of the federal government. Governors do not serve the Executive Branch.

Council of Governors can be used to bully other Governors
Will acts against these Governors be used an example for non-compliance of federal mandates? Will Governors be persuaded to declare that state sovereignty is irrelevant?

If Governors are bullied, who will protect the people?
Citizens are protected by their states, each led by a state Governor. Governors have the power to organize and assemble militias to defend citizens against domestic and foreign enemies, including despots, dictators, the President, and totalitarian government.

Now the President can conveniently demand meetings at all the wrong times
What if Governors had scheduled a meeting to nullify executive powers, dissolve the Executive Branch or plan succession? The Constitution was designed to protect citizens against an all-powerful President who grants himself sweeping powers over Governors and the citizens they are sworn to defend.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are roadblocks against tyranny, not Hallmark Greeting Cards
The Founding Fathers studied history and the rise and fall of nations. They knew that whenever an abusive King, President or Executive Branch gets too much authority, they practice unrighteous and unlawful dominion, so they created a Constitution to protect people against their government, not to protect government against the people. By controlling Governors by their earlobes, the Executive Branch is seizing unprecedented state control under the disguise of exchanging, "views, information, or advice."

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

There's always two reasons when the Government does something. Reason #1 is something that seems reasonable to the people. Reason #2 is the real reason which is never told to us.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
An abuse of power
Given too much power, the Founding Fathers knew an abusive President would turn against the citizens and their states, so they granted specific, limited powers to the Executive Branch and established barriers to halt unauthorized expansions of power.
Where is the expansion of powers? There is nothing here that shows me that these guys are nothing more than an advisory committee..

Quote:
Ten Governors to be outnumbered and outgunned
Once assembled, Governors are no longer protected by their bodyguards, executive protection or state militia. They are subject to intimidation, interrogation, bullying, and personal threats.
A gratuitous assertion

Quote:
Under the false pretense of meeting to "exchange views, information, or advice," ten Governors will be forced to meet with top military commanders.
For one, you assume that these guys have to accept the appointment. Second, Governors already meet with military commanders on a regular basis. Third, you are an implied assertion that there is something wrong without any basis in fact.

Quote:
Governors-You will do as commanded
This Council of Governors, like Hitler's staff, may be told it is their duty to impose martial law to quell rebellions or arrest terrorists, who are just Constitution-loving citizens on the government's massive terrorist list, and they may be compelled to carry out such orders.
Another gratuitous assertion with no basis in fact.

Quote:
The President serves the people; the people do not serve the President
The President serves the people and states, and must stand accountable. It is the duty of the Governors, Congress and Supreme Court to check his every act against the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to thwart the Executive Branch from amassing tyrannical powers, and to nullify any bills, executive orders or presidential signings their states do not support. State governments are not extensions of the federal government. Governors do not serve the Executive Branch.
again, there is nothing that states that Governors have to accept the appointment.

Quote:
Council of Governors can be used to bully other Governors
Will acts against these Governors be used an example for non-compliance of federal mandates? Will Governors be persuaded to declare that state sovereignty is irrelevant?
Yea, because the Governors of Arkansas or Louisiana can be real imtimidating to the Governor of Texas. What are they going to do to another Governor? Jack shit. Another gratuitous assertion.

Citizens are protected by their states, each led by a state Governor. Governors have the power to organize and assemble militias to defend citizens against domestic and foreign enemies, including despots, dictators, the President, and totalitarian government.

What if Governors had scheduled a meeting to nullify executive powers, dissolve the Executive Branch or plan succession? The Constitution was designed to protect citizens against an all-powerful President who grants himself sweeping powers over Governors and the citizens they are sworn to defend.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are roadblocks against tyranny, not Hallmark Greeting Cards
The Founding Fathers studied history and the rise and fall of nations. They knew that whenever an abusive King, President or Executive Branch gets too much authority, they practice unrighteous and unlawful dominion, so they created a Constitution to protect people against their government, not to protect government against the people. By controlling Governors by their earlobes, the Executive Branch is seizing unprecedented state control under the disguise of exchanging, "views, information, or advice."[/QUOTE]

Quote:
There's always two reasons when the Government does something. Reason #1 is something that seems reasonable to the people. Reason #2 is the real reason which is never told to us.
You forgot Reason #3. Whatever bullshit you decide to simply make up..

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Where is the expansion of powers? There is nothing here that shows me that these guys are nothing more than an advisory committee..

A gratuitous assertion

For one, you assume that these guys have to accept the appointment. Second, Governors already meet with military commanders on a regular basis. Third, you are an implied assertion that there is something wrong without any basis in fact.

Another gratuitous assertion with no basis in fact.

again, there is nothing that states that Governors have to accept the appointment.

Yea, because the Governors of Arkansas or Louisiana can be real imtimidating to the Governor of Texas. What are they going to do to another Governor? Jack shit. Another gratuitous assertion.

The Founding Fathers studied history and the rise and fall of nations. They knew that whenever an abusive King, President or Executive Branch gets too much authority, they practice unrighteous and unlawful dominion, so they created a Constitution to protect people against their government, not to protect government against the people. By controlling Governors by their earlobes, the Executive Branch is seizing unprecedented state control under the disguise of exchanging, "views, information, or advice."

This is a direct violation of the constitution, and that's all you need to know. They don't come out and admit when they're doing tyrannical things to us, you have to read between the lines. You can interpret it however you like, it's pretty clear to people who understand the constitution.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Your point about Governors not having to accept the appointment is correct, but when they refuse to accept the appointment and Federal funding is cut from their state they just might want to attend. Maybe you forgot who were dealing with here? It's the Federal government and they don't follow the rules, they change them, ignore them, and do whatever they deem necessary for their agendas regardless of the laws. This country isn't run by honest people, and it ain't hard to figure out which path we're headed down. You see it one way, and I see it another. I don't have faith in known criminals and habitual liars, nothing good comes from people like that, especially when those are the types running the country stealing everything that isn't nailed down, and handing out bailout money like candy to their partners in crime.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 01-25-2010 at 03:05 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
This is a direct violation of the constitution, and that's all you need to know. They don't come out and admit when they're doing tyrannical things to us, you have to read between the lines. You can interpret it however you like, it's pretty clear to people who understand the constitution.
That too is a gratuitous assertion. That governors council has no powers given it. The constitution doesn't prevent any branch from seeing advice in a formal manner.

You say that I have to read between the lines. I'm sure you can see whatever you want between those lines after a good crack pipe hit..

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I just can get my head around this one. You haven't clearly show how this HAS been a violation of the constitution, only that you think it will be used that way. (Which is fine, I can't /wont argue with you on that because I wouldn't put it past the gov.)

I understand that we are not always told the truth and that the government has hidden agendas, I get that, but this group of Governor's have been given no authority and have not been twisted into do anything anything unconstitutional.

To be honest, I think anything you have described could or has already happened without this council, so I'm not sure how this would be any different.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Your point about Governors not having to accept the appointment is correct, but when they refuse to accept the appointment and Federal funding is cut from their state they just might want to attend.
The President has no power to cut funding to a state or did you forget that each state has two Senators and a number of Representatives in Congress..

Quote:
Maybe you forgot who were dealing with here? It's the Federal government and they don't follow the rules, they change them, ignore them, and do whatever they deem necessary for their agendas regardless of the laws. This country isn't run by honest people, and it ain't hard to figure out which path we're headed down. You see it one way, and I see it another. I don't have faith in known criminals and habitual liars, nothing good comes from people like that, especially when those are the types running the country stealing everything that isn't nailed down, and handing out bailout money like candy to their partners in crime.
I don't really disagree with anything you've said here. However, you have yet to make your case beyond simple gratuitous assertions. The problem with a gratuitous assertion is that it can just as gratuitously be denied.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
The President has no power to cut funding to a state or did you forget that each state has two Senators and a number of Representatives in Congress...
Where did I say President? Again you're implying that these people follow the law. They will find a way to make governors conform one way or another.

Quote:
I don't really disagree with anything you've said here. However, you have yet to make your case beyond simple gratuitous assertions. The problem with a gratuitous assertion is that it can just as gratuitously be denied.
Like I said before they don't come out and admit when they're up to something, it's your job to weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself. I don't see anything good in that executive order, do you? We've made it this far without that executive order why do we need it now?

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Two years old, 24,000 signatures, and going absolutely no where as it's aimed at impeaching a senator who is no longer a senator...
LOL. More proof that online petitions are only good for giving someone temporary "warm and fuzzies" and nothing else.

Tea Parties work, online petitions don't. Don't be lazy when wanting to get your voice heard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement