Medina in the Belo debate - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Resident Curmudgeon

Medina in the Belo debate

Just saw on the news that Debra Medina will get an invitation to the Belo debate... after doing everything they could to exclude her, her new poll numbers are finally high enough to get her in.

It time for a change, and she just may be it.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Lifer

Yep that was surprising. I think it was more the picketers than the "rules". They tried excluding her on the 15% poll numbers but those were for a presidential debate rather than a govenors race. Shady mofos.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
PAN

There is a smidgeon of hope...

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
There is a smidgeon of hope...
She has my vote.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Lifer

she has my vote.family and friends as well.

RON PAUL '08
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
mine as well

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Lifer

She has my vote and I tell people about her as often as I get the chance.

It's only a wasted vote if you treat it like a popularity contest. Don't vote for the person you think has the best chance of winning, vote for the person you want to lead our state.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
T-MINUS

I think (hope) Hutchison will pull out once she falls below 30%. Medina will raise to about 15-18% if she debates well. Then pick up a lot of Hutchison's base. She could Perry a run for his money.

Here is what I want to see, property tax capped at 1%, border tightening/enforcement of getting illegals out of here, and free BMG .50 cals for law abiding citizens.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I think (hope) Hutchison will pull out once she falls below 30%. Medina will raise to about 15-18% if she debates well. Then pick up a lot of Hutchison's base. She could Perry a run for his money.

Here is what I want to see, property tax capped at 1%, border tightening/enforcement of getting illegals out of here, and free BMG .50 cals for law abiding citizens.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

My wallet cannot handle another gun purchase right now...

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

She suprised me, and I like her talk, but I am not sure that she has the experience needed. I do not think she will get my vote this time out, but I will watch for her in the future.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Lifer

any experience is better than washington exp.

i hope she pulls it off.

RON PAUL '08
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Washington is chock full of experience and look where that has us.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

My wallet cannot handle another gun purchase right now...
I said free! We'll call it 'Guns for whitey!'

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I said free! We'll call it 'Guns for whitey!'
Sorry....For some stupid reason I though you were talking about free ammo...damn that was stupid.

Pretty soon we may not be able to be "law abiding citizens" and own guns... the BATFE has started the BS in Austin already.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I'm glad to see she'll be on the Belo debate. I haven't fully decided who I'll vote for but it is between her and Hutchinson. Rick Perry can suck a dick. If he gets nominated, I'm voting for a Democrat (probably Kinky)

I've got no problems with her politics, only her viability to win. Every day that passes seems to make her more viable.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I'm glad to see she'll be on the Belo debate. I haven't fully decided who I'll vote for but it is between her and Hutchinson. Rick Perry can suck a dick. If he gets nominated, I'm voting for a Democrat (probably Kinky)

I've got no problems with her politics, only her viability to win. Every day that passes seems to make her more viable.
Kinky withdrew sometime within the last month or two. He's now running for agriculture commissioner.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Lifer

kay b is washington politics bigtime.that bitch has no place as our governor.

medina hands down.

RON PAUL '08
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Lifer

About time, go get em Ms. Medina
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Kinky withdrew sometime within the last month or two. He's now running for agriculture commissioner.
Then I'll vote democrat. There is no way in Hades I'm voting for Rick Dipshit Perry. It is either Hutchinson, Medina, or a fuckin Democrat. That little shit has got to go.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
or a fuckin Democrat.
The Democrat will probably be Bill White, not a terrible choice IMO. He's done good work in Houston.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Lifer

if medina was our governor we wouldn't be having the batf shutting down legal gun shows in texas.

perry let that shit happen this past weekend.so much for lookin out.

medina's head would spin off!

RON PAUL '08
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
The Democrat will probably be Bill White, not a terrible choice IMO. He's done good work in Houston.
Houston is a great sanctuary city

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I think the viability is raising substantially due the fact that politicions in general are no longer under the radar as much as they have been in the past. Average people who like myself didn't care much for politics are starting to take notice. A little over a year ago people like myself didn't know who Bernake, Frank, Pelosi, etc. were. Now these same people can tell you who they are by looking at a picture. I think Massachusettes is a prime example of people who are tired of career politicions screwing main street in favor of wall street and the banking system. I know I woke up on Oct 4, 2008 when they passed the first bailout against the wishes of over 80% of Americans. I even wrote my senator for the first time weeks before.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
I think the viability is raising substantially due the fact that politicions in general are no longer under the radar as much as they have been in the past. Average people who like myself didn't care much for politics are starting to take notice. A little over a year ago people like myself didn't know who Bernake, Frank, Pelosi, etc. were. Now these same people can tell you who they are by looking at a picture. I think Massachusettes is a prime example of people who are tired of career politicions screwing main street in favor of wall street and the banking system. I know I woke up on Oct 4, 2008 when they passed the first bailout against the wishes of over 80% of Americans. I even wrote my senator for the first time weeks before.
The viability goes up every time a citizen decides to vote for the person they want to win no matter what other people think.

If you are worried about "viability" IMO that means you are worried about who other people want to win so you vote to be on the winning side, not for the person you actually believe in.

I imagine if everybody would vote for who they really wanted based on the issues and not viability that politics might change a bit.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
The viability goes up every time a citizen decides to vote for the person they want to win no matter what other people think.

If you are worried about "viability" IMO that means you are worried about who other people want to win so you vote to be on the winning side, not for the person you actually believe in.

I imagine if everybody would vote for who they really wanted based on the issues and not viability that politics might change a bit.
preaching to the choir. I was replying to Sgt Beavis' quote about viability. I'm just trying to say that politics seems to be less under the radar and the independant voters are starting to take notice. Even the people who would normally not vote because it didn't matter to them in their everyday life.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Lifer

I am on board with Medina. She gets big points because she is an outsider and most of her stated views are truly conservative. After seing Hutchinson's voting record, I would not vote for her unless there was no alternative.

I also think her views on closing the border will put the hate-filled liberal hispanic groups into a quandry. They would crucify any white candidate who was so strong on wanting the borders closed to illegal immigration, but she is a hispanic. I will eagerly await their response if she continues rising in the polls.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
PAN

Considering we elected a president that was a "community organizer" I wonder what the hell experience has to do with anything political these days...

I realize she is lacking, but I'm also cognizant of the fact that since she's an outsider that's not soiled, she might get shit done...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement