America Rising:An Open Letter to Democrat Politicians - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Thumbs up America Rising:An Open Letter to Democrat Politicians






Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watauga Tx
Posts: 659
seems like a movie trailer with the dramatic music haha

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
Slammy is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
I do not see much change in 2010, there is to much fighting among republicans, and there is no strategy. republicans need a strategy to solve the healthcare mess, to solve the energy mess, to get pending under control, and to win a war.

cannonball996 is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Actually, if they destroy the health care bill, that goes a long way to solving spending, to solve energy? Drill baby drill and fuck off EPA, to win a war? I thought Obama had that covered
forever_frost is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smithville
Posts: 1,993
to bad the pres. election isn't in 2010.we still have 3 years with obama.unless we call this administration out on everything they do we will have crap like this healthcare bill over and over,just another issue.


where in the fuck is al gore at?

fucking loser.

RON PAUL '08
fast83 is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, if they destroy the health care bill, that goes a long way to solving spending, to solve energy? Drill baby drill and fuck off EPA, to win a war? I thought Obama had that covered
I am with you. Money can solve anything. We just need more money.

Imagine if the US could stop buying arab oil. Those arab states that are living like oil is still at $110 a barrel would fold up in a year of us buying zero from them. Hell look at Dubai they are closed to being screwed already. Look at what oil has done for those countries in just the last 40 years. Imagine if that was the US who had prosperity like that since 1970. RICH BITCH!

Back to the thread, the dems are doomed.
sonic93 is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
By the time everyone realizes there is no difference between Republicans or Democrats, and that we only have Republicrats it will be far too late.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, if they destroy the health care bill, that goes a long way to solving spending, to solve energy? Drill baby drill and fuck off EPA, to win a war? I thought Obama had that covered
if all they do is kill the dems plan, healthcare costs are still going to be rapidly increasing.
drilling has nothing to do with anything, our refineries are no where near maximum capacity, because oil companies are just storing the oil until the prices go even higher. your not going to win over republicans if you tell them you are going with the obama war strategy.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
if all they do is kill the dems plan, healthcare costs are still going to be rapidly increasing.
drilling has nothing to do with anything, our refineries are no where near maximum capacity, because oil companies are just storing the oil until the prices go even higher. your not going to win over republicans if you tell them you are going with the obama war strategy.
If the dems plan passes it will do little to stem the root causes of healthcare cost increases. Increased costs happen because of lawsuits, a patent system that is abused to keep monopolies on drugs alive, and barriers to true drug price competition. There is no reason that we should not be able to buy drugs from any place that sells them, except the US law that forbids it. And there is no legislation that forces health insurance companies to compete, either. Needs to be.

Also, a big part of medical cost is the cost to treat people without insurance. When you pay a medical bill they have already factored into your bill other, unpaid bills. This is what the dems are focused on, but it is a very narrow focus. Make insurance and drugs affordable again, and get people back to work and those costs will go down, because people will buy health insurance again.

Mandating that people purchase health insurance when they cannot even afford basic necessities is not gonna work.
mikeb is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I do not see much change in 2010, there is to much fighting among republicans, and there is no strategy. republicans need a strategy to solve the healthcare mess, to solve the energy mess, to get pending under control, and to win a war.
More blame on republicans, no criticism for the democrats. Same shit, different post.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
The "Cost of Health Care" starts with the people charging for health care, why are we starting with the people paying the bill on our behalf?

It seems to me that this is the real reason health costs are so high, the doctors are charging too much. It is not entirely that simple, but that is a good starting place. You touched on "lawsuits", which I interpret as you meaning malpractice insurance which I know is part of that issue though.

I believe in a free market and that people will pay what they think a service is worth, so I don't believe in legislating the price to doctors, but they are a starting point IMO.

A starter question, Isn't there already competition in the insurance marketplace? What more competition is needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
If the dems plan passes it will do little to stem the root causes of healthcare cost increases. Increased costs happen because of lawsuits, a patent system that is abused to keep monopolies on drugs alive, and barriers to true drug price competition. There is no reason that we should not be able to buy drugs from any place that sells them, except the US law that forbids it. And there is no legislation that forces health insurance companies to compete, either. Needs to be.
I agree, but I think we need to take out the legislation that hinders competition (like the drug laws you mentioned), not add legislation that forces it. I think companies would jump at the chance to get a piece of the pie if the barriers were taken down.

I'm no expert so feel free to educate me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
More blame on republicans, no criticism for the democrats. Same shit, different post.

Stevo
I have plenty of criticism for democrats, big one being the spending. the republican party is weak, and in desperate need of new people and new leadership. in the 90s the republicans took control because they had leadership and laid out an agenda to the american people on what they wanted to do, and until they do that again they will not have control.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
What we need to help our energy needs is the production of more nuclear plants (One hasn't been built since the 70's..thanks EPA) and using our natural gas. That would fix energy requirements for our houses and lower costs
forever_frost is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
A starter question, Isn't there already competition in the insurance marketplace? What more competition is needed?
Currently, consumers can buy policies only from insurers licensed by the states where they live, thanks to the 1945 era McCarran Ferguson Act. If this law was done away with then theoretically that would boost competition, since a health insurance company could sell insurance anywhere.

You would have to find a way to get insurers to quit cherry picking clients, and to offer up health insurance to single individuals at a similar cost as what they charge for group policies. This is where the co-op idea makes sense. A group of individuals could form a co-op and get the group rate. Try pricing individual health insurance policies today and you'll see what I mean.

I would like to see consumers be able to price shop and purchase drugs online, much the way that a lot of shopping is done now. Some of that is happening under the radar with canadian and offshore pharmacies, but it is illegal.

The reason canada has cheaper drugs than america is that in canada the price of drugs is fixed. The drug companies know that a drug they sell in canada for $2/dose can be sold in the USA for $10/dose. And that is why congress has put up a huge fight to prevent USA citizens from shopping for drugs there. You can bet your ass that big pharma is well entrenched in your senator's pocket, buying legislation that they favor. And canada is not that thrilled about their ration of drugs being sold across the border, either.

Tort reform - needs no explanation.

Sure, doctors get paid well, but then again they spend years in schools, and working rigorous rotations, running up huge school loans before they actually begin to make money. They deserve to make that money IMO.

The reason that none of this will happen, and the reason for the huge stinking pile of manure that congress has made out of health care reform - is because of lobbyists, who have bought the US government, and have gotten their own sweetheart deals written into the bill.
mikeb is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
What we need to help our energy needs is the production of more nuclear plants (One hasn't been built since the 70's..thanks EPA) and using our natural gas. That would fix energy requirements for our houses and lower costs
ever body knows that nuclear power is the way to go, but they have a weak lobby. the coal lobby is very strong with deep pockets, and its expensive to get a congressman to vote for something.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
But wait! Didn't Obama say "My White House will not be controlled by lobyists?" So you're saying...he lied again?
forever_frost is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
But wait! Didn't Obama say "My White House will not be controlled by lobbyists?" So you're saying...he lied again?
thats easy for the president to say, he doesn't get to make the rules,thats congresses job, therefore rarely making him the target of lobbyist.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
More blame on republicans, no criticism for the democrats. Same shit, different post.

Stevo
But he and those who do the same are not liberals! LMAO!

I just hope the conservatives do come out in large numbers and defeat all the liberal, socialistic, and typical politicians who have been ignoring their constituents for years. We need change from Obama's change.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
thats easy for the president to say, he doesn't get to make the rules,thats congresses job, therefore rarely making him the target of lobbyist.
He doesn't even control the WH? Are you actually admitting that?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
He doesn't even control the WH? Are you actually admitting that?
who in the presidents cabinet has actually met with a lobbyist? the executive branch does not create laws and legislation, the legislative branch does. the legislative branch also has power of the purse, and executive oversight. its really hard to lobby anyone in the White House because they cant give you any money or votes, and if you try and bribe them, congress gets to have a hearing.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
to bad the pres. election isn't in 2010.we still have 3 years with obama.unless we call this administration out on everything they do we will have crap like this healthcare bill over and over,just another issue.


where in the fuck is al gore at?

fucking loser.
Doesn't matter, get enough "good guys" (for lack of term for lesser of two evils) and you can control what happens. The pres, will just continue to be the front man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
if all they do is kill the dems plan, healthcare costs are still going to be rapidly increasing.
drilling has nothing to do with anything, our refineries are no where near maximum capacity, because oil companies are just storing the oil until the prices go even higher. your not going to win over republicans if you tell them you are going with the obama war strategy.
Healthcare costs would reduce if we, the taxpayers, didn't have to pay for every illegal that gets it for free now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
But wait! Didn't Obama say "My White House will not be controlled by lobyists?" So you're saying...he lied again?
Don't know what he is thinking not his WH, it's the voters WH.
Are you surprised he lied sir?
samuel642000 is offline  
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
who in the presidents cabinet has actually met with a lobbyist? the executive branch does not create laws and legislation, the legislative branch does. the legislative branch also has power of the purse, and executive oversight. its really hard to lobby anyone in the White House because they cant give you any money or votes, and if you try and bribe them, congress gets to have a hearing.
Do you not know how many former lobbyists Obama appointed and how many people who have worked for lobbyists he appointed? You think the WH is immune to lobbyists? Hell, why did Obama ask for the unions to be excluded from the increased taxes in his healthcare and get it? Yeah, the WH and lobbyists are separate and have nothing to do with each other!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
I like how no one addresses the demand side of the equation. You know, the people who go to the doctor every other fucking day and expect their insurance to pay for it. Or the ones who are on 14 different kinds of medications because they can't get their lives in order. I heard the other day that 10% of the population is on anti-depressants. WTF?
AL P is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I like how no one addresses the demand side of the equation. You know, the people who go to the doctor every other fucking day and expect their insurance to pay for it. Or the ones who are on 14 different kinds of medications because they can't get their lives in order. I heard the other day that 10% of the population is on anti-depressants. WTF?
It's amazing.
"My dick doesn't get hard." Take a pill
"I'm stressed out!" Take a pill
"My B.P. and sugar levels are out of whack because I weigh 350lbs!" Take a pill
...and on and on.

You name it, and there's a medication for it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pushing shakes and burgers to the hungry people of Denton, Tx
Posts: 782
I was once told, "Any person smart enough to be president is smart enough to not want to be president!"

I think health insurance premiums are FUCKED. Shouldnt you get a discount through your employer? You can get insurance cheaper just looking for yourself on the net. Government mandated health insurance is a crock unless its going to be $50 a month.
Pwebbz28 is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It's amazing.
"My dick doesn't get hard." Take a pill
"I'm stressed out!" Take a pill
"My B.P. and sugar levels are out of whack because I weigh 350lbs!" Take a pill
...and on and on.

You name it, and there's a medication for it.
It's a RX world, there's a pill for whatever the problem is. What's even more amazing is the amount of our public officials who have stock in big pharma, but that's just a coincidence.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
More blame on republicans, no criticism for the democrats. Same shit, different post.

Stevo
Screw repugs, screw the demofags. I'm pretty tired of both of em. Not like it'll matter, but I'm voting Libertarian/tea party this time. If you keep voting for shit, you'll keep getting shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Screw repugs, screw the demofags. I'm pretty tired of both of em. Not like it'll matter, but I'm voting Libertarian/tea party this time. If you keep voting for shit, you'll keep getting shit.
The sooner more people start to feel like you, then the sooner we get our country back.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watauga Tx
Posts: 659
Ive felt that way for years now! Damn government doesnt give two shits about the american people

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
Slammy is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Screw repugs, screw the demofags. I'm pretty tired of both of em. Not like it'll matter, but I'm voting Libertarian/tea party this time. If you keep voting for shit, you'll keep getting shit.
Okay, but isn't voting libertarian or Tea party only the same thing as those who vote only Republican or Democrat? If not, please explain why. I would also love to hear why a Tea Party or libertarian would be immune to the same issues the Republicans and Democrats have as a party.

I recommend finding the candidate who best represents your core values and voting for that person, regardless of party. I will vote for conservative candidates who I think will actually represent me honorably and not go to DC and vote for their own self interests.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Okay, but isn't voting libertarian or Tea party only the same thing as those who vote only Republican or Democrat? If not, please explain why. I would also love to hear why a Tea Party or libertarian would be immune to the same issues the Republicans and Democrats have as a party.

I recommend finding the candidate who best represents your core values and voting for that person, regardless of party. I will vote for conservative candidates who I think will actually represent me honorably and not go to DC and vote for their own self interests.
Well let's try and give you a free clue today. If they are a Republican or Democrat than there is no way they can be a "conservative candidate who.... will represent.... honorably and not go to DC and vote for their own self interests."

Republicrats only serve Republicrats not any of the US citizens. They are only in office to further their own political careers and agendas.

Here's another free clue..... the founding fathers never intended for politician to be a full time career. It was actually once considered a part time sacrifice that one was not to be overly compensated for. Republicrats have turned it into something else entirely.

The most conservative Republican or Democrat is still going to tote the party line, and when it comes to issues like the economy there is only one party line.

Now I'm done trying to teach the DFWstangs village idiot for the day.....

Have a nice day .
AnthonyS is offline  
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Well let's try and give you a free clue today. If they are a Republican or Democrat than there is no way they can be a "conservative candidate who.... will represent.... honorably and not go to DC and vote for their own self interests."

Republicrats only serve Republicrats not any of the US citizens. They are only in office to further their own political careers and agendas.

Here's another free clue..... the founding fathers never intended for politician to be a full time career. It was actually once considered a part time sacrifice that one was not to be overly compensated for. Republicrats have turned it into something else entirely.

The most conservative Republican or Democrat is still going to tote the party line, and when it comes to issues like the economy there is only one party line.

Now I'm done trying to teach the DFWstangs village idiot for the day.....

Have a nice day .
Aren't you a condescending POS! How old are you son?

Why would a Tea Party or Libertarian candidate do any different? I expect your answer will provide evidence that just being in the Tea Party or claiming to be a libertarian means you will be honorable, decent, conservative, and not tow those party lines, which is what you are claiming. Don't answer in Republican or Democrat terms, just answer the question posed.

I also request specific suggestions to solve the problems instead of your current trend to just look back at the past with not thought to the future.

This is a yes or no question, let's see if you can handle it: Are you a RP supporter?

< --- is very confused at the village idiot claiming to school me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Well to answer paladin, I look at it like this.

1. They are in a sense, fresh meat. They are generally unspoiled by politics, so far. Of course that can change, but I am talking about the at the time that I will be voting for them.

2. The values that they claim, are tilt towards conservatism, but at the same time are not quite like that of the Repugs. They want the government out of our lives. Almost entirely. And they want very strict, word for word adherance to the constitution. If the constitution doesn't say it, then the government doesn't have that power. There is no "interpretation". You do what it says. If it says "Shall not be infringed" then no city or state shall have the power to even require permits for firearms, much less ever ban them in any way. They claim reduction of government, and small government.

3. I don't really like fags and and their ilk, but according to the constitution they shouldn't even be brought up in conversation, when it comes to politics. If they want to go be disgusting as hell, so be it. Good for them. This is gross of course but in the long run it keeps the government out of our lives on issues that we actually do care about, and are relevant.

4. As capitalists we know, that if you create competition, life gets better for everyone. If those dog dicks get to keep thinking that their party will always be in power, and that we really don't have anyone else to turn to anyway, then they'll never really change. But if 25% of the nation voted for a different party next election, they would be fighting tooth and nail to do what we wanted, out of fear. Which is what they should be doing in the first place. I look at it as a problem that needs to be solved, and as 1 man all I can do, is do my part and try to talk other people into doing the same. So that's why I am not voting Repug this time around. After this last circus, I'll likely never vote democrat in my entire life. I may very well be voting Libertarian/Tea Party from now on. And I encourage anyone else who is tired of the lying/self serving/do nothing republicans to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 01-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Well to answer paladin, I look at it like this.

1. They are in a sense, fresh meat. They are generally unspoiled by politics, so far. Of course that can change, but I am talking about the at the time that I will be voting for them..
Fair enough. I think you are being quite naive, but no biggie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
2. The values that they claim, are tilt towards conservatism, but at the same time are not quite like that of the Repugs. They want the government out of our lives. Almost entirely. And they want very strict, word for word adherance to the constitution. If the constitution doesn't say it, then the government doesn't have that power. There is no "interpretation". You do what it says. If it says "Shall not be infringed" then no city or state shall have the power to even require permits for firearms, much less ever ban them in any way. They claim reduction of government, and small government.
My only concern is that if you are voting for a candidate that has NO chance of getting elected in a race that matters, do you understand that if you are conservative you may be inadvertantly letting very liberal candidates (like Obama) into office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
3. I don't really like fags and and their ilk, but according to the constitution they shouldn't even be brought up in conversation, when it comes to politics. If they want to go be disgusting as hell, so be it. Good for them. This is gross of course but in the long run it keeps the government out of our lives on issues that we actually do care about, and are relevant. .
The issues isn't what "fgas" do, it is when they ask the government for a license to marry. Even libertarians realize we have to issue licenses, correct? What does your libertarian brain thin about issuing government license to people who want to get married to their own gender? It seems like those who don't care about social issues like gay marriage forget there are consequences and issues bigger than your own little personal beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
4. As capitalists we know, that if you create competition, life gets better for everyone. If those dog dicks get to keep thinking that their party will always be in power, and that we really don't have anyone else to turn to anyway, then they'll never really change. But if 25% of the nation voted for a different party next election, they would be fighting tooth and nail to do what we wanted, out of fear. Which is what they should be doing in the first place. I look at it as a problem that needs to be solved, and as 1 man all I can do, is do my part and try to talk other people into doing the same. So that's why I am not voting Repug this time around. After this last circus, I'll likely never vote democrat in my entire life. I may very well be voting Libertarian/Tea Party from now on. And I encourage anyone else who is tired of the lying/self serving/do nothing republicans to do the same.
I want the most conservative, decent, honest and viable candidate. So far the libertarian candidates do not meet all of my criteria. I hope the Tea Party people go into the Republican fold and we can get some decent conservative from them.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebbz28 View Post
You can get insurance cheaper just looking for yourself on the net.
Try pricing health insurance as an individual, and let me know how that is working out for ya.

<--been there, and done that, and "cheap" fits nowhere in the equation...
mikeb is offline  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Aren't you a condescending POS! How old are you son?

Why would a Tea Party or Libertarian candidate do any different? I expect your answer will provide evidence that just being in the Tea Party or claiming to be a libertarian means you will be honorable, decent, conservative, and not tow those party lines, which is what you are claiming. Don't answer in Republican or Democrat terms, just answer the question posed.

I also request specific suggestions to solve the problems instead of your current trend to just look back at the past with not thought to the future.

This is a yes or no question, let's see if you can handle it: Are you a RP supporter?

< --- is very confused at the village idiot claiming to school me.
Age? What does age have to do with any of this? Does it affect the price of tea in China too?

You keep going with age as if that has some sort of importance. If age made one wise, you'd be King Herod. Well you're not. You're just a bum that thinks some other bum is going to save us from our current downward spiral.

No, I don't support RP.

Any candidate that isn't a Republicrat is considerably better. They are better because they don't have any political connection to the current regimes. Republicans / Democrats it makes no difference. Bipartisan means maintaining the status quo. In case you haven't paid attention that means supporting bankers, forcing democracy on places that don't even know what it is, while taxing their own citizens into poverty all while dictating to us what they deem best for us.

The real solutions are thus: 1) Remove every Republicrat from every office by way of voting which The Constitution allows for. The only problem is educating the public. Since you are a pretty good example of someone that represents the "public" and is above average intelligence, we all know this will never happen.

The other solution is: 2) To water the tree of liberty.

The other option is to become Communist or Socialist, because that's the path we are headed down.

It's people like you that are the problem. Until your type realizes what is really happening and stops pinning their hopes on new faces of the status quo, the path cannot be changed.

Oh, and your village called. They said you could have some more sick days for your mental health, since you don't get it and never will. Your conservative heroes are just tools for the Status Quo. Bipartisan, bilateral, bisexual..... it all means you're gonna get screwed in the end.

And no one is ever going to "school you." You're too dumb to understand the push/pull sign on the front door of the school or by now you'd realize "conservative" candidates in this country posing as Republicrats don't actually vote for or have conservative values.

No conservative would've ever approved $0.01 of the TARP or Stimulus package. Not one. A true conservative would require a balanced budget, but then again you aren't smart enough to understand that simple concept.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Fair enough. I think you are being quite naive, but no biggie.
Well I probly should have said what the other member said, that they don't have quite the political connections. They aren't puppets at least as of yet. The current environment seems to be something like "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine" between "opposing" political parties. Which is bullshit, cause we all take a dick in the ass for it. Fuck that. I'm done voting for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
My only concern is that if you are voting for a candidate that has NO chance of getting elected in a race that matters, do you understand that if you are conservative you may be inadvertantly letting very liberal candidates (like Obama) into office?
Well for one, many of the leftist liberals actually do this as well. You will find some voting for the "Green" communist party. So it happens on both sides. Not to mention that yeah, you're right. But that way of thinking plays right into their hands. They love the fact that we get only two choices. And you never get anywhere by "playing it safe". When you're not really playing it safe anyway, cause they are just going to screw you over and go against your wishes in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The issues isn't what "fags" do, it is when they ask the government for a license to marry. Even libertarians realize we have to issue licenses, correct? What does your libertarian brain thin about issuing government license to people who want to get married to their own gender? It seems like those who don't care about social issues like gay marriage forget there are consequences and issues bigger than your own little personal beliefs.
I see what you mean by that. And I'll agree that there is an issue there. And as a conservative I likely have the exact same beliefs that you do about it all. No they shouldn't be able to get "married" and no they shouldn't be able to make some poor kid feel weird. Not real sure what the gov't can do about it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Age? What does age have to do with any of this? Does it affect the price of tea in China too?

You keep going with age as if that has some sort of importance. If age made one wise, you'd be King Herod. Well you're not. You're just a bum that thinks some other bum is going to save us from our current downward spiral..
Age only comes into play when someone like you claims superior intellect and has no experience to support your claim.

I had a feeling you were somewhere around 16-18 judging from your posts. If you are older in years, you just lack maturity. Your unwillingness to give your age just proves I was correct. You are too easy son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
No, I don't support RP.
So who specifically have you ever voted for that met your criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Any candidate that isn't a Republicrat is considerably better. They are better because they don't have any political connection to the current regimes. Republicans / Democrats it makes no difference. Bipartisan means maintaining the status quo. In case you haven't paid attention that means supporting bankers, forcing democracy on places that don't even know what it is, while taxing their own citizens into poverty all while dictating to us what they deem best for us.
You and the RP nuthuggers keep mentioning bankers. What sites do you "bankers rule the world" types go to when you all spew almost 100% the same rhetoric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
The real solutions are thus: 1) Remove every Republicrat from every office by way of voting which The Constitution allows for. The only problem is educating the public. Since you are a pretty good example of someone that represents the "public" and is above average intelligence, we all know this will never happen.

The other solution is: 2) To water the tree of liberty.
Please let me know how a libertariian or Tea Party replacing other party candidates will be exempt from the same issues they have solely because they place Tea Party or Libertarian after their name since that is what you are claiming. How about someone who switches from Republican or Democrat to Tea Party, are they now okay in your book? What a simpleton you are!

How about we do what I advocate and simply make sure anyone who gets your vote meets your minimum standard? BTW, I anxioulsy await to see the names of the people who have met your standard in the past and got your vote (assuming you are over 17 LMAO!). If you aren't old enough to have ever voted, please let me know who have you have read about in you HS history classes that may have met your all-knowing standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
The other option is to become Communist or Socialist, because that's the path we are headed down.

It's people like you that are the problem. Until your type realizes what is really happening and stops pinning their hopes on new faces of the status quo, the path cannot be changed..
You assume too much. Please find me one post where I claim to pin my hopes to new faces of the status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Oh, and your village called. They said you could have some more sick days for your mental health, since you don't get it and never will. Your conservative heroes are just tools for the Status Quo. Bipartisan, bilateral, bisexual..... it all means you're gonna get screwed in the end.
Hey, I have lost touch with my MS neighbor who supplied me with all of my "village idiot" style slams and retorts, so I will have to defer to you. You win that little MS slamfest, I give.

You claim I have conservative heroes but have not mentioned your heroes by name. I anxiously await the specific names on your list, I doubt you will give any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
And no one is ever going to "school you." You're too dumb to understand the push/pull sign on the front door of the school or by now you'd realize "conservative" candidates in this country posing as Republicrats don't actually vote for or have conservative values.
Again, where have I said i will ever support conservative candidates that are not true conservatives? I definitely cannot be schooled by you, that part is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
No conservative would've ever approved $0.01 of the TARP or Stimulus package. Not one. A true conservative would require a balanced budget, but then again you aren't smart enough to understand that simple concept.
I agree with you about wanting fiscal conservatism. Please define specifics about what you consider to be a "true conservative" and give names of those who meet your definition.

I just want you to know that without specifics you will be continuously mocked for being the idiot you appear to be. Your generic and non-specific posts are proof positive you have nothing to offer but attacking others while never offering solutions. It is the tactic the RP supporters and liberals always do. I have seen your type many times, youaren't the first and you won;t be the last.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome