New court ruling on police tasers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

New court ruling on police tasers

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...e05df23b6e897f

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Worship me

It was only a matter of time, this says it all:

"In a Houston Chronicle study of Taser use by the Houston Police Department in a two-year span, officers deployed the weapon more than 1,000 times, but in 95 percent of those cases the subject was unarmed. The study also found that more than 50 percent of the Taser incidents escalated from relatively common police calls, such as traffic stops, disturbance and nuisance complaints. In more than a third of the incidents, no crime was charged or prosecuted."
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned

I have seen a guy get tased after he was already immobilized. It was fucked up, and I lost alot of respect for law enforcement that night.

He spent a few days in the hospital. Ended up getting an MIP.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Lifer

Officers use it more as a punitive, obedience tool than a defensive tool. Hopefully this will prevent this misuse in the future.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Token Troll

Too often its been used as a "You will respect my Authori-TIE" tool, instead of the non-lethal defensive tool it was supposed to be used for.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Lifer

I bet in most of those cases the subject runs and cops tase him rather than run after him. Is it right? No, not always. Would I do it if I was in their shoes? Your damn right, every single time

I would also implement a new rule at traffic stops. Ticket, taser or tits. Guys obviously only get two options
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Lifer

its about time, the government does not need physically punish someone before they are found guilty, besides they have fines, taxes, surcharges, and fees for that after being convicted.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Wolverines!!!

I'm fine with a cop tazing the shit out whoever they want.

Step out of the car? Taze
Non Compliant? Taze
Not White? Taze jk
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
$uper $low

Damnit, does this mean we'll have a shortage of future tazing videos of stupid motherfuckers and canadians?

I could watch those for hours and hours. . . . .

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:53 PM
T-MINUS

Has anyone checked on Matt? Poor lil fella has to be heart broken.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Worship me

He is out tasering as many people as he can before the party ends!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:36 PM
mannish boy

I was at my cousin's this weekend... He's a police officer. He was showing me his gun safe and all his toys, and then he broke out the tazer, and we all got out of the line of fire! LOL Then he tased himself in the leg a couple times. I kept quoting Old School telling him "You're crazy... I like you... but you're crazy!"

good times
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
600 hp 13 forward gears

Location: 99 Peterbilt 379 ex. hood 600 ISX cummins Rollin down the super slab !
My bud down in Corpus got his taser taken away for improper use ie he tazed to many doped out negros !! Fawken NAACP is a joke I mean you tell someone to get on the ground they come at you what are you supposed to do.

Fox stang coupe
97 F-250 4x4 crew cab shorty smokes really bad sometimes ???
Future cummins conversion above.
rice rocket for a daily.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
SingleFTMFW!

Matts on the loose again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUVG...=youtube_gdata

Stock 05 mustang parts for sale! Stock Driveshaft, uca, lca's, intake manifold, injectors, mass air, ect. CHEAP!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticcobrakilla View Post
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2003 White GT
Current N/A Best
[email protected] (2-7-09)

BBk Headers and X-Pipe
Mac ProDumps
4.10 Gears, Eaton Diff and 31 spline axles
Diet (currently 2885 without me in it)
Everything else stock (paper filter even)

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
PAN

Post two illustrates it plenty well. I've long held it was a tool whos use was getting out of control.

Guess they think so as well, otherwise they wouldn't have counters on them. At least I've been told that they have counters on them so that superiors can track discharges...
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Holy Shit, the 9th Circuit actually got some fuckin' common sense in them for once. About damn time..

But this fight isn't over yet. That ruling ONLY applies to the states that the 9th circuit has juristiction (Alaska, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada). It doesn't have LEGAL bearing on the other states. An appeal to the Supreme Court could make it national if the court upholds the decision..

That said, I think the writing is on the wall. Cops have abused a power that was given to them and it is now being taken away. I can only hope that this is a small step back from the potential police state that our nation could become.

I just hope the Supremes don't overturn this one. The 9th court is the most overturned court in the nation.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
That said, I think the writing is on the wall. Cops have abused a power that was given to them and it is now being taken away. I can only hope that this is a small step back from the potential police state that our nation could become.

How long until the drone planes are equipped with tazers?
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxturbo View Post
you tell someone to get on the ground they come at you what are you supposed to do.
You are supposed to be a cop and not some fucking pussy behind a taser, do your fucking job.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Lifer

What did you guys do before tasers? Get your lazy ass on the weight pile and you wont need the taser. Put them in a rear naked choke and say night night. If they have a weapon, put two in the chest and do society a favor.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
heh heh

I've already said that the solution is a home made guided missile
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Lifer

For the most part, don't give them a reason to taze you and you won't get tazed. People with this FTP mentality, thinking they can get in a cops face, are lucky they get tazed rather than shot.

As always there is a few exceptions where the cops a DB and just wants to flex with authority muscle, but it's always going to be like that.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Haha! You know how much I hate the government and all, but it would be funny as shit to see two black guys on the corner, and a drone flys by and tazes both of them at the same time, then flies off. ROFL! Ever watch superjail on adult swim?

Quote:
heh heh

I've already said that the solution is a home made guided missile
Can you actually make a home made guided missile that has the range to take one down at it's medium/high altitudes? If so then you have my respect Not that I'd ever do it or anything. Unless the drones started pissing me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:08 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Can you actually make a home made guided missile that has the range to take one down at it's medium/high altitudes? If so then you have my respect Not that I'd ever do it or anything. Unless the drones started pissing me off.

I think its possible and even somewhat practical. Current hobby motors can get your rocket to altitude. There are resources on the web for making a NOx - rubber motor if you need a more powerful motor.

Miniature radar sensors are already in existence and pretty cheap. All you need is a control unit to connect it to, servos for the control surfaces, and programing to make it all work..

Ya know, now that I think about it, that is totally stupid. Just get an RC aircraft and collide it with the drone. That can be done on the really cheap.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Lifer

The night before I got married my dipshit brother got tanked, his wife (a member here) called the popo on him, he was in the backyard on the phone with our sister when they showed up, he placed the phone on speaker and set it down on the a/c. Long story shorter, he was being an ass and the cops told him to cool it, he begged the cops to tazer him but they declined and said they would hit him with the OC/Pepper spray instead if he still wanted.

I think the cops thought it was funny. Then again they didn't know he had the speaker phone going right there.

Yeah he spent the next 4 hours in jail. Gets out 2 hours before I get married. What a shithead. I wished they tazed him.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
PAN

Quote:
I think its possible and even somewhat practical. Current hobby motors can get your rocket to altitude. There are resources on the web for making a NOx - rubber motor if you need a more powerful motor.

Miniature radar sensors are already in existence and pretty cheap. All you need is a control unit to connect it to, servos for the control surfaces, and programing to make it all work..

Ya know, now that I think about it, that is totally stupid. Just get an RC aircraft and collide it with the drone. That can be done on the really cheap.

Nope. The home made Patriot Missile fucking rocks! That'd easily be a "most viewed" on you tube...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement