Houston police testing a drone plane - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Houston police testing a drone plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHk9...layer_embedded

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Lifer

All that shiesty shit the PD was pulling was pretty bad. If implemented I can see alot of contest's popping up seeing who can shoot down the most drones
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Shooting one down would be fairly difficult. Even at low altitude it wouldn't be the easiest thing to hit.

Anyone for a home made guided missile?

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Shooting one down would be fairly difficult. Even at low altitude it wouldn't be the easiest thing to hit.

Anyone for a home made guided missile?
At a low altitude, those long barreled duck hunting shotguns come to mind. Or a directed EMP burst with a car battery or something.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
At a low altitude, those long barreled duck hunting shotguns come to mind. Or a directed EMP burst with a car battery or something.
Its easy as fuck to hit them on MW2, Your telling me it isn't that easy?

EMP burst with a car battery? I know there is a youtube vid with this!

Doors Done Rite
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
Its easy as fuck to hit them on MW2, Your telling me it isn't that easy? EMP burst with a car battery? I know there is a youtube vid with this!

Not real sure if you are agreeing, or disagreeing with me here.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

What is mw2?

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Most likely some video game.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
What is mw2?
Modern Warfare 2, only the best video game EVAR!!
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Canada is welcome here.

So what exactly do the cops hope to accomplish? It's not like drug dealers and criminals go out of their way to make sure they do their misdeeds out in plain sight.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Lifer

Oh NOES!

The drone has a high powered camera that can look into your car or even your home...

Kinda like what the NEWS helicopter has??? Gimme a fukking break! Oh no, the police now have cameras like we do... Oh heavens!
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Lifer

This was on the news here months ago in a special report. They got busted trying to secretly test that shit out in some remote location. I dare that motherfucker to peek in my window. Its bad enough I hear that godamned police helicopter buzz my apartment building almost every night.

-Edit-
I just saw its the same thing I saw on the news.
BTW Dominque Sachse is so sexy.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
T-MINUS

A high powered, weighted net would be pretty sweet.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Oh NOES!

The drone has a high powered camera that can look into your car or even your home...

Kinda like what the NEWS helicopter has??? Gimme a fukking break! Oh no, the police now have cameras like we do... Oh heavens!
The News guys dont come write you citations or try to take you to jail though.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Lifer

Honestly, it isnt anything new although it was shady as fuck how they were hiding it. Im guessing they wouldnt have said anything if the news never caught wind of it. Wouldnt have last long as a secret though.

I will say it isnt much different that a police helicopter flying around but I can only imagine a fleet of these things flying around at once since they will be so cheap compared to fueling and maintaining a helicopter.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Bullet Sponge

Exactly. I wonder if I can make the area above my house a "No fly zone." Intrusion of my airspace will result in the immediate destruction of the violating aircraft
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Oh NOES!

Then why be so secretive about it?

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Oh NOES!

They couldn't possibly use this to obtain information that otherwise they would have to have a search warrant for. You have to be the most stupid fucking brainwashed dip shit leo I have ever heard. Keep fighting the good cause supporting ways to bypass laws in place for our freedom jackass.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 01-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
PAN

This is not good. You can cry oh noes all you like and the end result is still the police taking new measures to intrude, generate revenue, do whatever they can to gig us that little bit more...
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Oh NOES!

You don't get it, do you? They just keep pushing, and pushing and pushing. And taking a little more, and a little more. You have to stop this thing before it even gets a small foothold, such as this dumbass aircraft. Dumbass aircraft might not be all that great now, but in 30 years when something way better is around, they'll say "Well hell, we have already been using dumbass aircraft for 30 years! The new *Badass-easy-as-hell-to-spy-and-violate-constitutional-rights* is no different!" Even though it will have far greater capabilities. Point is, it won't always be a fairly easily avoidable drone. It will evolve over time to be something that works much better, and is much harder to eradicate. Is that the world you want to live in? Cause you will, if you keep up that attitude. You ain't going to be a cop forever, and in all likelihood your kids won't be at all. Is that what you want for your friends and family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
This was on the news here months ago in a special report. They got busted trying to secretly test that shit out in some remote location. I dare that motherfucker to peek in my window. Its bad enough I hear that godamned police helicopter buzz my apartment building almost every night.
ROFL! You remember that story one member posted up about that police copter that got shot down with a 9mm? I laughed so hard at that story! They were constantly over some bad neighborhood, and I guess someone finally got tired of it and wanted some sleep and they took their 9mm pistol and got the luckiest shot this century, and hit the control stick and broke it off. Causing the helocopter to crash. That's some funny shit right there. No one got hurt, or else I wouldn't think it was funny. But I mean come on... you got to admit it's at least a little funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Honestly, it isnt anything new although it was shady as fuck how they were hiding it. Im guessing they wouldnt have said anything if the news never caught wind of it. Wouldnt have last long as a secret though.

I will say it isnt much different that a police helicopter flying around but I can only imagine a fleet of these things flying around at once since they will be so cheap compared to fueling and maintaining a helicopter.
Only thing is, they got to refuel that helicopter with way more expensive stuff. Not to mention all the maintenance and manpower that goes into it. Once you get past the initial investment, they are going to be far cheaper to fly than the manned helocopter. And one or two guys can probly manage 10-12 drones on a couple computer screens. And as such, will become a lot more of a threat to our rights than the helocopter ever thought about being.

Last edited by justinsn95; 01-11-2010 at 03:19 AM.
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Only thing is, they got to refuel that helicopter with way more expensive stuff. Not to mention all the maintenance and manpower that goes into it. Once you get past the initial investment, they are going to be far cheaper to fly than the manned helocopter. And one or two guys can probly manage 10-12 drones on a couple computer screens. And as such, will become a lot more of a threat to our rights than the helocopter ever thought about being.
Thats exactly what I said, it will be alot cheaper to fly around drones vs helicopters.
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Sorry I must have misread. But I think it is different than the police helocopter in that there will be lots of these things flying around at all time, vs what... maybe 1 or two police helo's at any given time? I bet there are times when there are no police helocopters in the air. I would be willing to bet that if they can get their little program off the ground, they want to try to use the "constant surveillance" threat to sort of keep crime in check. They would love to have people thinking "Well hell I'd better not do that cause there is no telling if one of those little planes is around..."

Sounds good at first but you just can't let em do it. They don't know when to quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 01-11-2010 at 07:50 AM.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Token Troll

Can anybody post that company that made the UAV? Can't see the video at work.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

not the same UAV but here is a site
http://www.uavm.com/uavapplications/firepolice.html

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Can anybody post that company that made the UAV? Can't see the video at work.
Per the video, here is the maker

http://www.insitu.com/
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Per the video, here is the maker

http://www.insitu.com/
Thanks!

About a month ago, a coworker saw some unknown aircraft flying around his home in Plano. I showed him this site and when he saw pics of the "Scan Eagle", he was all, "THAT'S IT!!!"

Dallas area doing the same thing and we're not aware of it?

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Lifer

If Houston is doing it, I can almost promise others are too. I wonder why all the secrecy though?

BTW, the scan eagle is the same model in the video being tested in Houston.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Lifer

I have a serious problem with them telling the news helicopter that the airspace was restricted when it wasn't. I also have a pretty serious problem with them lying even after they were seen doing the test. It is almost like they didn't plan for the real possibility that the test would be discovered. They are using tax dollars to buy equipment and want it secret? They are the police not the military and I do have a probelm with the way they handled this, but I have very little porblem with them getting drones for police work.

I do think that any specific use of them to conduct surveillance on/at private property should be done with warrants.

I know FWPD is actively buying a brand new helicopter but saw nothing about drones. I have not heard about us using them.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I have a serious problem with them telling the news helicopter that the airspace was restricted when it wasn't. I also have a pretty serious problem with them lying even after they were seen doing the test. It is almost like they didn't plan for the real possibility that the test would be discovered. They are using tax dollars to buy equipment and want it secret? They are the police not the military and I do have a problem with the way they handled this, but I have very little problem with them getting drones for police work.

I do think that any specific use of them to conduct surveillance on/at private property should be done with warrants.

I know FWPD is actively buying a brand new helicopter but saw nothing about drones. I have not heard about us using them.
Perfect example of someone who cares, protects our rights, and can see the problem right away. Paladin gets it.

Now the post below by 03trublugt is the exact opposite. He sees no problem with the drone, compares it to something that is ludicrous, and obviously doesn't care about the rights of Americans. 03trublugt doesn't get it.
Now here's another post by 03trublugt on svtperformance.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ncounters.html Now in this link there is a video showing how to assert your constitutional rights during a police stop. This video just tells you your rights and what a LEO can and can't do legally. It's purely fiction and just an informative vid. Look at response #4 which is a post by 03trublugt. He's disgusted they are helping the guilty go free he says. So you see he doesn't want people to know they have rights. (bad cop) Then you can look at Paladins post in this thread where he understands the importance of peoples rights. (good cop)

Quote:
Oh NOES!

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Perfect example of someone who cares, protects our rights, and can see the problem right away. Paladin gets it.

Now the post below by 03trublugt is the exact opposite. He sees no problem with the drone, compares it to something that is ludicrous, and obviously doesn't care about the rights of Americans. 03trublugt doesn't get it.
Now here's another post by 03trublugt on svtperformance.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ncounters.html Now in this link there is a video showing how to assert your constitutional rights during a police stop. This video just tells you your rights and what a LEO can and can't do legally. It's purely fiction and just an informative vid. Look at response #4 which is a post by 03trublugt. He's disgusted they are helping the guilty go free he says. So you see he doesn't want people to know they have rights. (bad cop) Then you can look at Paladins post in this thread where he understands the importance of peoples rights. (good cop)
You assume alot of things about Matt from a single post. He didn't address every issue I did and you assume he doesn't care about side issues. I think you are being unfair and it makes your endorsement of my post pretty insignificant because of that.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Worship me

What a complete waste of money.

And, as low as they were flying it, I could take the wing off of that thing with a goose gun no problem.
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
You assume alot of things about Matt from a single post. He didn't address every issue I did and you assume he doesn't care about side issues. I think you are being unfair and it makes your endorsement of my post pretty insignificant because of that.
I don't know him so I'm going off what I know he has said on here and on svt. With that being said, I think It's a fair assumption to say he doesn't care about peoples rights when he makes comments like the one is this thread, and then the comment on svt which is directly related to peoples rights where he says "he's disgusted". You can interpret that however you like, but to me that says this is someone who doesn't care about our rights.

post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Lifer

Paladin walks the same blue line Matt does...you are just a peon civilian. Let it go!
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 PM
PAN

Either that or they'll put out a BOLO on your ass and taze the crap out of you...
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Lifer

FTD
Fuck the Drones.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
PAN

Quote:
I don't know him so I'm going off what I know he has said on here and on svt. With that being said, I think It's a fair assumption to say he doesn't care about peoples rights when he makes comments like the one is this thread, and then the comment on svt which is directly related to peoples rights where he says "he's disgusted". You can interpret that however you like, but to me that says this is someone who doesn't care about our rights.

I posted the same video here a month or so ago and he had the same reaction.

We've got rights, we should know and exercise them. Bet your ass my children will know their rights!
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Lifer

Apparently these days the Constitution isnt worth the paper it was written on. Our forefathers are rolling in their graves.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
What a complete waste of money.

And, as low as they were flying it, I could take the wing off of that thing with a goose gun no problem.
I'm pretty sure it can operate at much higher altitudes and still be effective.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
That may be, but I think you and I both know that there are a ton of cops out there that would really just kinda sorta prefer someone who didn't know their rights, over someone who did. Just kinda makes things go smoother, you know?

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I'm pretty sure it can operate at much higher altitudes and still be effective.
It has to come down sometime and I'll be waiting with my Elmer Fudd style hunting hat on too.
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Paladin walks the same blue line Matt does...you are just a peon civilian. Let it go!
You doctors are all the same!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
It has to come down sometime and I'll be waiting with my Elmer Fudd style hunting hat on too.
Be vewy vewy quiet.. I'm hunting dwones... heheheheheheh
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That may be, but I think you and I both know that there are a ton of cops out there that would really just kinda sorta prefer someone who didn't know their rights, over someone who did. Just kinda makes things go smoother, you know?
I am not quite comfortable with the "ton of cops" part, but there are some out there.

I actually hope that 100% of the scumbags committing crimes, especially violent crimes, don't know them.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
PAN

Quote:
I am not quite comfortable with the "ton of cops" part, but there are some out there.

I actually hope that 100% of the scumbags committing crimes, especially violent crimes, don't know them.

Totally with you on this Don. Moreso if you get caught committing a crime, especially a violent one, you forfeit all rights and ass whippings should be fair play...
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

Ok yeah it's not a ton, but in my own personal experience it is a lot. I've actually had 3 of them try to outright lie to me once when I was a teen, driving my mustang. They pulled me over for a supposed license plate light, come to find out it was working fine after all. Go figure. But when they looked at it before, it wasn't shining. Sorry about that sir. But we need to search your car, and if you say no you are going to jail and we will tow your car and you get an impound fee. Wasn't doing anything wrong, was going to taco bell.

Now I have met some cops that were polite and professional. Just not very many. Maybe it's the job, and I'm glad they do the job. But when it comes down to it, no one forced them to become a LEO so that's really not a reason to have the demeanor that many of them do. But like I said there are some who I would hang out with, that were pretty cool. As a teen I had lots of run ins with them lol. Never for anything bad, hell I never even went to jail for anything. Other than unpaid traffic tickets in my mid 20's. They just liked to keep an eye on the local youth, and they still do.

Quote:

Quote:
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Token Troll

Personally, I think there's only two kind of cops.

The ones that truly want to serve and protect.
The ones that were always picked last in kick ball and have a huge need to be in power.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ok yeah it's not a ton, but in my own personal experience it is a lot. I've actually had 3 of them try to outright lie to me once when I was a teen, driving my mustang. They pulled me over for a supposed license plate light, come to find out it was working fine after all. Go figure. But when they looked at it before, it wasn't shining. Sorry about that sir. But we need to search your car, and if you say no you are going to jail and we will tow your car and you get an impound fee. Wasn't doing anything wrong, was going to taco bell.

Now I have met some cops that were polite and professional. Just not very many. Maybe it's the job, and I'm glad they do the job. But when it comes down to it, no one forced them to become a LEO so that's really not a reason to have the demeanor that many of them do. But like I said there are some who I would hang out with, that were pretty cool. As a teen I had lots of run ins with them lol. Never for anything bad, hell I never even went to jail for anything. Other than unpaid traffic tickets in my mid 20's. They just liked to keep an eye on the local youth, and they still do.

I have no clue why an officer who stops you for a violation and then finds out the violation is no longer valid would continue the stop. It's illegal and unethical imo.

As far as the polite and professional, well I bet some would think my cop persona on traffic stops is not polite. I stay professional but that sometimes comes across as not polite. I will maintain control of the stop if I am involved, and sometimes that requires politeness to be left out of the stop.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement