Detroit in ruins (how politics fail) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Detroit in ruins (how politics fail)

Searched back 30 days (before this vid was posted on Youtube).

I don't believe everything he says, and as usual, take this with a grain of salt:


When the "Most interesting man in the world" needs advice, he calls me.
03trubluGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Very good video, I would say that 99% is true. Detroit is a leftest utopia and the facts support his claim.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
its a hard sell on LBJ's urban development policies spelling the end for detroit, when they did so well in dallas and other cities. liberal policies do not kill cities (europe would be a ghost town) in fact you can drive across the river and be in liberal canada, and things are 100 times better. now I am not advocating liberal politics, simply pointing out that I do not believe politics killed detroit. he got one thing right Detroit is a shit hole, I have been there, 80% of the city looks like that, and the other 20% is not much better. but the one think that suck out in my mind, and you could see it in the video, is that there is nobody there, everything is abandoned. detroit should have never became a big city, there is no major economic resource to support detroit as a major city (at one point they moved goods on the river between the lakes, but that has become out dated with trucking and rail) the auto industry made detroit huge, but it didnt make much sense for the auto industry to remain there, so they moved their stuff to other parts of the country that made more sense

cannonball996 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
I think the thing that amazes me the most is that big companies continue to occupy Detroit.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
The UAW and politicians destroyed Detroit. Because of both, the corruption was/is horrendous.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I think the thing that amazes me the most is that big companies continue to occupy Detroit.
I was thinking the same thing during the entire video. Should just pack up and move here.
samuel642000 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
its a hard sell on LBJ's urban development policies spelling the end for detroit, when they did so well in dallas and other cities. liberal policies do not kill cities (europe would be a ghost town) in fact you can drive across the river and be in liberal canada, and things are 100 times better. now I am not advocating liberal politics, simply pointing out that I do not believe politics killed detroit. he got one thing right Detroit is a shit hole, I have been there, 80% of the city looks like that, and the other 20% is not much better. but the one think that suck out in my mind, and you could see it in the video, is that there is nobody there, everything is abandoned. detroit should have never became a big city, there is no major economic resource to support detroit as a major city (at one point they moved goods on the river between the lakes, but that has become out dated with trucking and rail) the auto industry made detroit huge, but it didnt make much sense for the auto industry to remain there, so they moved their stuff to other parts of the country that made more sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Aren't you the same guy that said illegals would NEVER get healthcare? Just checking...
Just in case you are still ignoring his comment, and this thread:
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407215
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/0...-them-amnesty/

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome