Comparison of the health care bills... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Comparison of the health care bills...

I know its from the New York Times but I think it does a decent job of describing the main difference between the Senate and House health care bills.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...son.html#tab=0

For those that are not aware, just because the Senate passed their version of the bill, doesn't mean this war is over. The Senate and House have to reconcile their bills into a single document and vote on it. There are a lot of House members that are on the fence on several issues. The same goes with the Senate. If they don't get what they want out of the Conference Committee, they will vote against it.

No amendments can be made to the bill once it comes out of Conference Committee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
duh...duh....duh

WTF, will American Indians use it? If so...they should pay. or am I missing something. All kinds of dumb stuff in them though. Sucks.

Edit: Good post though. Just not crazy about either plan. Illegals, abortion...etc at least one has something that seems wrong.

My '03 Sold.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
A 2.5 percent excise tax on the medical devices sold for use in the United States. Expected to raise $20 billion from 2013 to 2019.
I work in the medical imaging field and this has been a hot topic for us throughout this fiasco.

That tax on the equipment will simply be passed along to the medical facilities in the form of increased equipment cost. So, now we're making good technology MORE expensive, which means fewer facilities can afford to replace aging equipment. In the long run, this means we start to fall behind in modernization and accurate diagnosis. Rural facilities and small clinics will be especially hard hit as they often struggle to replace major medical equipment without the 2.5% tax added in.

It's not mentioned in that article, but something else that was part of the bill at one point (and may be now for all I know) is that the government will set utilization rates for major medical equipment. Most imaging equipment is currently utilized 50-60% of the time. The government will mandate that be 70-80%, depending on which version of the bill.

As an example, if a hospital currently has the patient load to justify 4 Cath Labs, they may only be allowed to have 3 in the future per the govt regulations. That's great for saving money, but you'd better pray that all 3 aren't in use when you have a heart attack.

These fuckers in DC don't get that cheaper medical care comes at a price - and that price is quality of care.

-Darrell

93 Cobra #199

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
WTF, will American Indians use it? If so...they should pay. or am I missing something. All kinds of dumb stuff in them though. Sucks.

Edit: Good post though. Just not crazy about either plan. Illegals, abortion...etc at least one has something that seems wrong.

Native American's already have some sort of federal health care. I think it is part of their negotiated treaties for going onto reservations.

BTW, with both plans, illegals cannot get health care with federal dollars. They are simply side stepping that issue. Of course they hope to make every illegal alien into a LEGAL alien with immigration reform. That will back door every one of them into the system..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Time Served

http://www.ihs.gov/

If you think a VA hospital is a shithole, you should see what these poor bastards get for medical care.

When I was in the Air Force, we gave the IHS in Oklahoma a broken, 45 year-old x-ray room and they acted like they won the fucking lottery.

-Darrell

93 Cobra #199

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Native American's already have some sort of federal health care. I think it is part of their negotiated treaties for going onto reservations.

BTW, with both plans, illegals cannot get health care with federal dollars. They are simply side stepping that issue. Of course they hope to make every illegal alien into a LEGAL alien with immigration reform. That will back door every one of them into the system..
I'll re-read it later, but I I thought it gave illegals an option to use it on one of them.

Good to know about the Indians. Thanks.

My '03 Sold.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
T-MINUS

UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I hope they ram this piece of shit right down the throats of anyone that supports it.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I hope they ram this piece of shit right down the throats of anyone that supports it.
Absolutely
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I'll re-read it later, but I I thought it gave illegals an option to use it on one of them.

Good to know about the Indians. Thanks.
To be more specific.

In the House version, illegals can BUY into health care exchanges but they get no federal subsidies to help them.

The Senate version basically says they can go fuck themselves. They get nothing, not even the ability to buy into a health exchange.

BUT, as I stated before, it won't matter because ObamaNation will simply make all those illegals fully legal..
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
To be more specific.

In the House version, illegals can BUY into health care exchanges but they get no federal subsidies to help them.

The Senate version basically says they can go fuck themselves. They get nothing, not even the ability to buy into a health exchange.

BUT, as I stated before, it won't matter because ObamaNation will simply make all those illegals fully legal..
Yep, amnesty is right around the corner, and that comes with a permanent voting base.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Lifer

It's going to pass.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:43 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
It's going to pass.

anything will pass when represenatives dont represent what we want!

resident heater core/ring&pinion installer
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbullitt View Post
anything will pass when represenatives dont represent what we want!
Yep

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement